• Graded • The Maze: Eric

1st of Vhalar 718

Here is the repository of the story of the Fall of Emea. This forum contains all posts from "The Maze" and "Crack in the Wall" - the two events which led to the Fall.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

The Maze: Eric

1st Vhalar 718
Anthropos apteros for days
Walked whistling round and round the Maze,
Relying happily upon
His temperment for getting on.

Antrhopos Apteros no longer wished to rely on his temperament to get on. Whistling had ceased to give him pleasure and even the bush he'd sighted a hundred times was not entertaining any more.

"I'm doing my best!" complained the bush. "In fairness, it's difficult to be entertaining for any length of time when you're a bush. I'd like to see you try and do better you bloody ingrate!"

Tilting his head to the side, Anthropos Apteros considered what the bush had said.
"You are right, of course. You've always been a good friend to me, bush."
And with a flick of his wrist the bush burst into flames. As he saw it's scream and tasted the flames in front of him, Anthropos Apteros was pleased that, even as he turned it to ash, the bush was both a good friend still and very.. very entertaining.

But when it was gone? Then he was bored again and so, he started a new game.

"I mean, bottom line, innit? Everyone knows."
"Aye, Jim. They do."
"All the weird stuff 'appens 1st Vhalar."
"Aye, Jim. That's right."
"Why would anyone go doing anything risky 1st Vhalar?"
"I dunno, Jim. I really don't
"I wish you'd stop arguing with me..."

The 1st Vhalar 718.

Throughout the history of Scalvoris there was, it was fair to say - a lot of strangeness. However, 1st Vhalar was the trial where the really weird, weirder than usual, weirdest of all things happened. Most people on Scalvoris were extra cautious on 1st Vhalar.

But then. How should one react when an enormous, to the sky, wall of stone appears right in front of you? That was what happened on that particular 1st Vhalar to a group of people all around Scalvoris. A wall of stone with a gap in it - behind which was a choice - of course.

That was what Eric saw that morning. "You know," the goat said to him; it was standing next to him, chewing a bit of grass and looking at him rather ironically. It's a maze. You need to get to the middle. Someone does, anyhow. Only when someone does will it stop sucking people in."

The goat looked at Eric. There, in front of him on the floor was a notebook. It had the words "The Three Eyed Shephard" written on it. "That's you, then, The Three Eyed Shepherd?? That's the stupidest name I've ever heard. I'm Gorm. Gorm the Goat"

In his hand, there was a mirror.

Behind him, Eric might notice, there was just blank, brick wall.

He had, at this point, only two choices. Left or right.

OOC Info

Welcome to the Seasonal for Vhalar 718 here on Scalvoris!
Things to note!
  • It should be noted that Anthropos Apteros, the master of this game, has some strange ideas of what people will find rewarding and / or positive.
  • I will post a plot post again this time next week: Sunday 14th October
  • However, in between plot posts, you may have a conversation with your companion. If you wish to do that, post and just do a very short, start of a conversation post. Then, I'll edit in my reply and you can speak again. We can keep doing that all week and I'll guarantee at least one edit / reply a day. But it isn't necessary if you choose not to. If you do that remember that you must still meet all must do objectives. If you're asking a question and want an edited-in reply - please make it obvious in your post. Maybe an OOC?
  • Please don't control the NPC

Objectives

! Message from: Must-Do Objectives
  1. The moment that you look in the mirror, you see one other person from this Maze. You can't interact with them in any way. It can be anyone, even someone you've never met before. Pick someone and put that in your next post.
  2. Choose a direction. Left or Right
  3. Whichever way you go, you'll see a flower. Notice it, and consider why that flower is meaningful to you IC. Make that part of your post.
  4. Whichever way you go, you'll notice something out of place. Name it, and consider what it might be doing there. Make that part of your post.
 ! Message from: Can Do Objectives
  1. Sing a song or hum a tune
  2. Give your companion a nickname

word count: 770
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Eric Karlson
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Farmer/Shepherd
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: The Maze: Eric

There had definitely never been a massive stone wall here before, Eric did this walk every trial so there was no fooling him. Still apparently it had appeared and it was Vhalar 1st after all. The Shepherd had been lucky enough not to experience any of the peculiar phenomena that were said to take place on this trial every arc but here he was. There was no doubting the oddity that was the wall but it did not even compare to the goat that addressed Eric.

The man looked at the animal, startled to see it talking to him. He had lived with goats his whole life and never had one spoken, the Attuner was truly in new territory now. How the goat was talking he had no idea but it seemed to know more than he did. Of course that wasn't difficult when this strange event was taking place. The book was odd too as it used a name he had never once said out loud, it had been a brief consideration one freezing night a few winters back.

Eric picked up the book and shrugged, looking over its cover and then to the goat. " 'Scuse me but your called Gorm, I can tell ya that be no less stu'id than my name." He shook his head and looked at the mirror, wondering what on earth had possessed him to answer a goat. Perhaps he had eaten some bad food or a weird mushroom, it was the only explanation for a hallucination of this grandeur.
Gorm wrote:"Yeah, I'm called Gorm, cos without me, you wouldn't have any. See? You'd be without Gorm. Gormless, in fact. Come to that, even with me it seems like you are. What's your name for?"
"Say, what d'ya mean sucking people in? D'this happen a lot?" Eric gestured to the giant wall before him and then looked at the goat, never would he have expected this to be how he spent the first trial of Vhalar. "Also call me Eric, much easier than t'other name."
Gorm wrote:"Gotta be honest with ya, three-eyes, this is my first time as a talking goat. Does it happen a lot to you?" Gorm seemed entirely serious when he asked that.
"Yeah all the time." The sarcasm was clear as he sighed and glared at the goat. "No believe it or not Goats don't tend to talk t'me much, nor do giant walls appear." Looking down at the book now Eric gave it a quick look through in search of clues. "Y'got any idea what this is? Apparently its mine but I ain't seen it before."
Gorm wrote:"Well," the goat replied, sarcasm dripping from each word, "my magic goat powers of detection suggest it might be a notebook? Colour me a stupid goat, but that's what it looks like to me. But don't listen to me, I'm a talking goat." Flicking through the notebook revealed it was almost empty except for a single drawing on the front page - that drawing was of Eric. It was a pencil sketch, very well done and with an excellent attention to detail.
Taking a breathe he looked back at the mirror again. "What's that for? Lookin' at your beard?" The Attuner smirked at the idea of a goat checking himself out before taking a deep breathe and shrugging. "So left o' right Gorm, whatcha think?"
Gorm wrote:"Are you sure they don't call you the three-eyed comedian?" Gorm asked with a sniff. "Seems to me its a mirror. But look, that's not you," Gorm indicated with his head and he was right . As for direction? Gorm let out a snuffling snorting noise. "Beats me mate. I'm a goat. You decide, and I'll follow."
Eric rolled his eyes. "So not for ya beard then aye?" Looking into the mirror he saw a women, slender, brown hair and with bright blue eyes (Rey'na), he had never met her before and he shrugged unsure what use the mirror had at this point. Still he kept hold of it, placing it atop the book and holding it in his hand.

Shrugging and readying himself he looked at Gorm. "Well, 'ere goes nothin'." Eric walked forward to the first choice left or right and paused for a moment, he took a sniff in each direction and scratched his upper lip. "I guess were goin' left Gorm."
Pegasus wrote:Second round of edits done. Gorm's a funny goat - you decide who out of the other participants you see in the mirror. Have fun, happy to keep editing!
word count: 786
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

1st Vhalar 718
This Round, You're Somewhere Else!

here!!!

word count: 10

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Review!

Eric

Overview

I love Eric, he's such a fun PC. I feel as though I should apologise for his Goat called Gorm, but I just love how he deals with it. Great writing and let me know if I've missed anything!

XP: 15 (not for magic)

Renown: 5

Loot

1 x NPC
1 x Mirror
1 x Notebook

Knowledge

Animal Husbandry: Talking goats are unusual.
Etiquette: Naming traditions.
Interrogation: It's odd, questioning a goat.
Investigation: Even something utterly bizarre has some sense, somewhere. Usually.
word count: 89

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall”