Nice To Meet Everyone

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Nice To Meet Everyone

Just wanted to say hello, and get a feel for the community. I've had about 15+ years of role playing experience that dates back to rpgc, back when we could have our own public forums. When the clans/guild and arena came out so I have a heavy pvp background. Well while that was going on I dabbled a bit in Alleria back when it was just a chat room and you could roll whatever you wanted, this was before it was renamed Aelyria because of a server crash or because in some language it meant hail Satan. That could have been the original greeting Seral, it was years and years ago so I hardly remember.

So Gossamer and friends decide to make there own website, after having things stolen from me my time money and effort on two gods, the city of vortex, the unarmed combat style Gicha Hehan and various other nuggets like Castle Nocturna not to mention years of purchased companionship which you needed if you wanted an avatar.

Spent years there behind the scenes in Miz and got into trouble for calling out a staff member for blatant favoritism, like it was so bad and obnoxiously obvious that five to six players were waiting to finish there start up threads waiting weeks at a time mind you while everyday this one player would receive special attention from a green on two to three of there own threads a day.

Well all was fine and good but what goes around comes around, that particular GM then had it out for me I'm not surprised however at the level it was allowed to escalate was appalling. When he found out who I was he went to great lengths to find dirt on me and dug up characters inactive for years that I had totally forgotten about so naturally I had it fixed. After a year I came back and boom again this guy knew there were others from even later which i believe he had not disclosed on purpose but by now he was long gone. So I became a repeat offender for the same thing that should have been handled in my original HD ticket. Best part is I started going into those accounts to discover requests in the HD for those same character deletetions years ago that were left unanswered... :lol:

The long of it is about 6-7 years of loyal gaming, and contributions I get branded ass hat of the year by Gossamer in chat. And I'm thinking seriously I donated around 100 a year and that's what I get, and I realized I'm not the only person that felt that way.

I was going to build my own site after that and was gonna get my friend to set me up to talk to a guy named Wrenmae if I was serious about it.

But I got a text from a friend about this website so here I am. And I gotta admit this place is awesome, love the storyline and how everything is set up. Staff is great, the Narrators kick butt I haven't been this excited and motivated to write in a long time

I like to be upfront, I'm Brian it's nice to meet everyone
word count: 552
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Nice To Meet Everyone

Hi Brian, I'm sorry to hear you've had a difficult time elsewhere with RP sites. Things will be a lot different here. We really value our players and all agree that RP should be a positive experience, players should be able to request and gain the things we set up, and though we all have people we like (that's just human nature), there won't be any blantant favouritism going on. Of course we don't only expect each other to behave a certain way as staff but also our players, we want everyone to feel happy and welcome here and you lot can help us do that by being really positive with each other and leaving the past in the past. This can be a fresh start and hopefully a place you enjoy enough to stick around! Looking forward to watching your character grow! So have a good look around and get cracking on that CS!
word count: 160
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Nice To Meet Everyone

-buried under words- Hiiii, and welcome to Standing Trials. Sorry to hear you've had trouble elsewhere, but I feel confident your time here will be better. Let us know if you have any questions.
word count: 35
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Nice To Meet Everyone

Hey there,

Time for a fresh start, I'd say! :D

I will offer my own experiences there in this nutshell: I had expected many times to be banned for my unwillingness to grovel before her lordship. When it DID finally come, it surprised me because I had thought things had been going fairly smoothly for quite some time.

But the railroad made its stop and I was ejected, accompanied by a 20-minute vlog, painting an inglorious picture of me, which I'd like to think only fools took at face value. To be honest, I take a perverse pride in having apparently merited such an effort at character assassination.

Others jumped on the opportunity to recruit me to this site, and I thank them truly for re-energizing my RP soul.

So NOW, the only character assassinations I am interested in are those which I will be inflicting, as mod of Etzos and Athart, and mastermind of a broad spectrum of various evils all across this site, upon unsuspecting PCs.

Consider yourself warned... :twisted:
word count: 174
Shards
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Nice To Meet Everyone

Hey Lazuhly, as they say when a door closes another opens and rest assured this new chapter will be something you won't regret like the last. Take your time with all of the information on the site, kick back in chat and hope to see your character up and running :)
word count: 59
Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Race: Human
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Nice To Meet Everyone

Your are so right Kingdom everybody should get a clean slate and we should respect everyone and help them grow as writers, and I like your progressive thinking dwelling on the past does nobody any good but learning from what happened is key which is why I'm delighted to be part of an experience that encoutages growth.
And I'm looking forward to writing with everyone here Basilisk I'm hard at work on my cs, they take me a week or two to craft out properly as im easing into a new game world and community.
At first I thought I was wrong or a problem Maltruism that was up until I realized that there is a recurring pattern with her behavior, rinse and repeat the cycle will always continue because it's her play ground. It's easy to be on a high horse and white knight yourself when you can ban anyone who may object or be skeptical of your actions.
I'm definitely gearing up for it Shards, I'll be honest I really like the video logs of the conversations you guys have about Idalos. Something about seeing everyone energized and enthusiastic has got my attention
word count: 202
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”