Placeholder TIred of Sleeping

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2080
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

TIred of Sleeping

27th Saun 718
following: this & this

"Thank you, both of you, for coming." Faith said and she smiled in genuine gratitude to the two people there. Thalia, Matriarch of the Thunder Priestesses and Vig'tyrn, Commander of the Lightning Knights were seated at the table in the Rharne Head Quarters of the Isonomia faction. They were in one of the meeting rooms upstairs - the furniture was basic and repaired, though there were hand made covers and cushions. They had plenty of tea and tasty snacks.

Vig'tym looked around and spoke. "You have done a lot here in not a lot of time," Faith smiled, pleased that he'd noticed. "Lots of hands, working together," she said with a smile. "As I know happens for both of you, and I know you're both busy so I'm not going to waste time." There was no point to, not with either of these people, so Faith got straight to the reason for them being here.

"I met with Ilaren this morning," she said, softly. She said it in much the same way as she'd explain that she had a cup of tea. "She was gracious enough to give me some of her time and it was really useful." It had been a tricky conversation in places, because Faith had very clear ideas and they were not necessarily what Ilaren had wanted to hear. At first, it had been difficult and Faith had needed to work hard to be heard. She had, of course, proceeded with quiet and polite determination - she hadn't pushed because there were rules when dealing with people who could squish you if you so much as looked at them funny, and so Faith made sure to be calm and polite. In fairness, it was always her way to be such and she largely didn't treat the Immortal any differently than how she treated everyone else.

"It took quite a lot of discussion, but the bottom line we both have is the concern about Rharne." Faith said, softly. "We went from there, and built up an understanding. Ilaren is very worried about how divided the people of Rharne are becoming." It was a concern which went so deeply, Faith said, that Ilaren was foreseeing a time when Rharnian would turn against Rharnian. Faith gave a slight, wry smile. "I would argue that they already are." In fact, she had argued that, and it hadn't been something she and the Immortal had necessarily seen eye to eye on. But there it was, and they had needed to agree to differ on that. At the end of the trial, Faith said, Ilaren knew Rharne, was Rharne in a way she could not compete with or compare to

"The bottom line," Faith said, with a smile. "Is that she is more than happy to work with Isonomia and the Order of the Adunih. Our Alliance has the Immortal's blessing and that, I think gives us weight." Thalia and Vyg'tym nodded their heads and Thalia smiled.

"How old are you, Faith?"

Faith blinked, slightly. "I'm twenty. I was twenty on the first Saun," she said and Thalia considered her. Then she nodded. Vyg'tym glanced at Thalia and a communication of some kind seemed to pass between them.

"And what is the aim of this alliance?" Thalia asked.

"To eradicate poverty from Rharne," Faith said, earnestly. ""to have every Rharnian have a basic level of quality of life, free from harm and inequality."

"And you think a twenty year old girl can achieve that?" Vyq'tym asked and Faith looked at him and smiled.

"On my own? Maybe. Maybe not. But if I don't try, then I know I never will. Besides," she said and her silver and ruby gaze on him was determined. "I was nineteen when slavery was abolished on Scalvoris. They didn't tell me I was too young." She paused, just for a moment. "They told me it was impossible."

He looked at her and grinned. The fellowship they shared, even after knowing each other a short time, came from the fact that they had both been raised as slaves in Athart. "And when did you escape, Faith?"

She looked down at her hands for a moment and then raised her gaze back to him. "I never escaped. My owner set me free," she said, softly. He raised an eyebrow and he asked no more, but she answered anyhow. "I was eighteen. So. If we are all happy, I'd like to begin?" Thalia hid a smile and Vyq'tym raised a single eyebrow then gestured that she should, in fact, do just that.

word count: 803
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2080
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: TIred of Sleeping

It took them a few breaks to put all of their information on one map, but that was what she started with. Thalia watched her working, taking note of each and every detail. Faith, undoubtedly, had a medic's mind and she taught about the spread and incidence of disease, of how knowing the when and the where and the who might lead you to the what and the how. To a medic, that could be vital and Faith was convinced that here, they could find out the same thing. So she had a map of Rharne and a number of overlays. Every attack was noted on the map itself. Then there were overlays for time of the trial, number of people injured, number of people killed, amount of property damage, vandalism.

Then, it was on to the members of the attackers. Number of them, genders, any specific incidences reported, that kind of thing. Every one, an overlay and Faith left literally no detail out. Thalia and Vyg'tym did it with her, but it had to be said that the pair of them watched her with rather bemused expressions on their faces. They had brought all the information, though, as she had asked them to and for that Faith was more than pleased.

"Somewhere in here, there is an answer," she said. "Maybe not the answer, but an answer which is most certainly going to take us further, bring us on another step. But we need more information and I can only apologize. I should have thought of it."

Looking up at the two of them, she said, quite calmly, "I need to know who of your members was where on each of the attacks. Which ones were working, which ones were there? And..." frowning, she chewed her lip. "Who was stationed in the places where the attacks took place, who had reason to be there on their rounds or duties. Three trials either side, should be enough. I also want to know exactly what other crimes were committed on those dates. What happened at the same time? That should be everything" To begin with - that much was obvious from her words, but she didn't say it.

Then, as both Thalia and Vyg'tym looked rather surprised, thinking that she was asking for far too much detail, she asked for more. "And I want you to split up your pairings. Reshuffle them. I know!" That to Thalia as the Thunder Priestess began to speak, but Faith gave a rare display of sheer bloody mindedness and ploughed on. "But it's too seamless. It's too perfect. There are no clues? It's too planned and that means, many times, that there is someone on the inside. More than one."

"You go too far!" Thalia said, her voice sharp. Faith up until now, had spoken in her usual soft and quiet tone and suddenly, she raised her voice.

"Do I!? Are you telling me it is not possible? That there is no one that thinks, as a loyal servant of Ilaren they are doing their duty by doing this? Can you stand in front of Ilaren and swear that on your soul? Because if you can not, as I believe you can not, then you are betting a lot more souls than you own on your arrogance and certainty!"

Thalia stood, fury on her face and it seemed, just for a moment that this whole Alliance was going to be finished before it truly began, but Vyg'tym put his hand on Thalia's arm. "Hold. She's right." Faith, whose eyes had deepened into more ruby than silver, breathed out a slow breath, but she did not drop her gaze from Thalia.

"Innocent Rharnians are dying. We have to cover every option. Split them, switch them. Shake the tree and see what falls."

Thalia sat back down and ran a hand through her hair. Faith, for her part, gripped on to the arm of the chair under the table, to hide how much she was shaking. "What you are asking," Vyg'tym said, his voice calm and determinedly so. "Is a very large logistical task. Do you understand that?"

Faith nodded. "I'll help," she said with a smile to them both. "I'm pretty good at logistics."
word count: 727
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Kasoria
Approved Character
Renown: 935
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: TIred of Sleeping

Review Rewards

Name Faith

Points awarded: 10xp

Notes:
Wow. Little lady sure can put together a presentation. Nice job, love.

Your review request is here. Also, please indicate on your request thread that this has been reviewed by using the button below. Thanks!

Code: Select all

[center][img]https://www.standingtrials.com/gallery/image/15329/medium[/img][/center]
If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to this review, feel free to PM.
word count: 75

Appearance

• Habitually dressed in boots, breeches, tunic, and cloak.
  • Long hair down to the shoulders, usually swept back or in a rough ponytail
  • Prefers a trimmed beard and mustache

Mutations

• Star-shaped scar on each palm.
  • Air around him seems to thicken and become more turbulent the closer a person gets to him.
  • Pitch black eyes, from tear ducts to the pupils.
  • Arms from shoulder to palms appear as if heavy chains are wrapped around them.
  • Wisps of black smoke constantly drifts around his body, forming the rough outline of a cloak. The more agitated he becomes, the thicker the layers get.
    Note: the torch-motif medallion Kasoria wears negates the visible effects of this mutation.
  • Roughly circular pattern across breastbone, constantly transforming, and resettling
  • Sunken, closed eyes in the back of hands; they open when stared at
  • Skin takes on the tone and quality of whatever material he's just Transmuted
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”