• Solo • [Job Thread]Swinging Swords

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Lightning Knight: Inquisitors(Watchmen)
Renown: 37
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Milestones

Miscellaneous

[Job Thread]Swinging Swords

Swinging Swords

Saun 35, 718

Right... Training... That's a thing I should have been doing... Aneka said, still holding her head as she sighed. "I hate hangovers..." She mumbled and took the wineskin from her side and took a few cautionary sips.

She got up from her seat and watched the other squires and knights train in the training grounds. Wooden dummies are placed in several places where most knights are teaching squires how to properly hold and wield their chosen weapon.

There was also a track where there were squires running laps around it, working on their stamina to chase down anyone that tries to run from them. She should probably practice running one of these days. But for now, she needed to spar with her superior officer. Xander Ahas, a behemoth of a man with an even larger sword, she wasn't sure if she could handle that.

Still she's not the type to walk away from a challenge and honestly, she can't walk away from an order anyway. This hangover is killing her though, and she really shouldn't be up and about, but her pride as a Rharnian is on the line here. She blinked a few times, her eyes still trying to adjust to the glare of the sun. "Right, I can do this... Just need to relax and get my bearings! Ugh... I hate this." She mumbled and shook herself awake.

She walked around, looking for Sir Xander, you'd think a giant man in metal armor would be easy to find, and you would be right in any other place but the Lightning Knight Training Grounds.

Eventually while she was looking around and wandering, she felt a metal gauntlet clasp on her shoulder tight. She was a bit too scared to turn around, she could feel someone staring daggers into the back of her head.

"You're late..." A gravelly voice said, his grip on her shoulder tightening a bit.

"S-Sir Xander! I-I'm sorry! I got lost and-" Before she could finish, she another hand on her other shoulder and the same uncomfortably tight grip was there as well. Sir Xander was a terrifying person, a large man that rarely cracks a smile and always looks down on those that slack off. Which even though Aneka is trying to break her habit, is still a bit of slacker herself.

"On the ground and give me 30 push ups, and then I'll see if you have the strength to even spar." He growled and let go, and she quickly dropped to the dirt and started doing push ups.

Wearing heavy plate armor didn't really help either. The first ten push ups were fine, but she then started feeling the strain. "C-Come on! Stu-Stupid headac-Blagh!" She collapses on the ground and rolled to her back, and having a hard time rather hard time keeping her stomach from pumping out the contents.

"You party too hard and don't work hard enough." Xander said and stepped away from Aneka. "Sit up or you'll choke on your own vomit." He said and started walking away. "When you're feeling up to it, continue until 50 repetitions then we'll talk."

"Fek... off..." She muttered and felt her stomach churn again as she got up and found a quiet place to empty the contents of her stomach.
word count: 578
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: [Job Thread]Swinging Swords

Swinging Swords

Aneka emptied the contents of her stomach in the corner and she felt better and rubbed her face and drank a bit of her wineskin. She was glad to get rid some of the hangover by puking but she's honestly quite weak from it. "Gah! I can do this!" She yelled and that garnered a few looks from the other squires before she dropped down to the ground.

She planted her hands on the ground and her legs straight as they can be, she pushed herself up, she dug deep she made it to the knights, there was no way she'd give up.

She grunted as she kept repeating the exercise, she felt the strain on her arms and chest but she kept powering on. "Gah! You can't hold me back!" She said looking straight ahead at Sir Xander as he watched with crossed arms unimpressed by her words, and that look he gave her told her all she needed to know. Words can only show so much, she needed to DO! She needed to act on it. By the end of it, she did about forty reps.

"Hmmpth..." He scoffed and stepped forward and planting his foot on her back. "Don't hit the ground or you start over." He said and pressed down.

She gritted her teeth, the ground mere inches from her face. "I. Will. Not. Fall!" She yelled, holding the position as she felt more force on her back. She breathed in slowly, her body was not having a good day, her hangover was mostly gone, replaced by adrenaline as she pushed up once more.

She gripped the ground, the dirt getting under her nails as she pushed up once more, but she was losing energy fast and her arms felt numb.

"Show me." Xander said, and pushed his foot down once more. She almost went down but kept herself just barely off the ground. She just stayed there for a time, trying to find some sort of energy for another push. "Huh... All talk, just like your father." He said and pushed down as much as he could.

Her forearm itched something fierce as it glowed a bright blue under her armor. "The fek did you just say about my dad!?" She yelled and pushed up getting another rep in. "I AM NOT LIKE MY FATHER! HE IS MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!" She called out and felt her arms just give out as she fell to the ground.

"Huh..." He said and stepped away. "Rest for a few breaks and then we'll start training your sword forms." He said and walked away. When he was far enough away he muttered under his breath. "Tougher than I thought."

Aneka for the second time now was on the ground, tears in her eyes and weakly punched the ground. "Come on, gotta get stronger..."
word count: 489
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Swinging Swords

Aneka sat at the side, her body not quite liking the abuse and the aftereffects of the drink. "I think I'm coming down with a fever." She mumbled and slowly got up from her seat, sweat pouring from her head as she felt her arms just numb and hurt. "Bleh... Just gotta get through the day." She said and slapped herself to wake herself up.

She walked off, trying to find Sir Xander again. She needed to start training her swordplay. She's close to getting better, she's got her forms down, just need to learn techniques and such. Here's hoping she can retain the forms and information, right now though, she's exhausted.

She eventually found Sir Xander waiting for her. He eyed her intensely and waited for her to get close. "Draw your sword, squire." He said and pulled out his own massive blade, planting the blade on the ground and waiting.

Aneka said nothing and just pulled free her own weapon, her father's sword, shining steel and a brilliant emerald jewel on the guard, something that was passed down in their family for generations. Well that or it was a cheap gem her father bought and placed in the sword to look fancy and to give them a story when they were kids.

She got into position, shield raised up, feet apart, her sword ready to strike at a moment's notice. That is if her arms weren't feeling like they were crushed under the weight of a full grown human a few times, but she can still fight, just not very effectively.

"Your legs are too far apart." He said and tapped his sword on her leg, motioning for her to close the gap. Aneka complied and placed her feet closer. She could feel his eyes looking at her trying to find imperfections in her stance. She watched him as he circled her, his trademark scowl on his face.

"Right... Think I'm good enough?" She said somewhat confidently, a bit of anger hidden in there as well, maybe not anger but determination to not give up. Her felt her body tense up as she felt a powerful shove to her side.

She stumbled, but kept her footing, shield still up as she shifted her body to face Xander. "What's the big idea!?" She yelled and stood her ground, weapon as the ready. She had a feeling that this was going to happen sooner or later.

Xander said nothing and got into his own stance, greatsword at the ready. No words were exchanged, just a heated stare at Aneka. "Immortals... I hate strong silent types." She mumbled and stepped back cautiously, her mind racing for any way to attack. He didn't have a shield so there were more openings than if he had, but he holds that sword expertly, watching her closely. Any move she would do would just waste energy and she really didn't have much to begin with right now.

word count: 513
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Swinging Swords

Aneka stepped forward, sword swinging in a wide arc as she yelled out a battle cry. It was effortlessly blocked and Xander closed the gap, decking her in the face, making her reel back from the force of the blow. She wiped the blood off her nose and spat at the ground. That was careless, he's not holding back. I
gotta be careful...

She again steps in, closing the gap between them and thrusting her sword forward. Another easily sidestepped blow but she pulled back as the blade swung towards her. She barely got out of the way. "Feking heck!" She cursed and dashes forward, shoulder bashing Xander, but it didn't quite work. In fact he just stood there and took it.

He just gave her a sideways glance, and backhands her, sending her sprawling to the ground. "This is no time for games!" He yelled and pulled back his sword to attack, slashing downwards towards her.

She rolled to the side, letting the blade hit the ground as she quickly got up, her muscles ached as she got back into a fighting stance, shield up and ready to defend, she's been too aggressive, she didn't have the stamina to keep up, and she didn't have the skill to land a blow, she needed to do somehing though, if she didn't she'll just get her arse handed to her again and again.

Still, if she didn't attack, he'll eventually break through, in fact she thinks he can anytime he wants to, he's just seeing how well she knew how to work the blade or how to fight.

Admittedly she didn't know much, just the basics and never really a proper sparring match with anyone with weapons, she's been in brawls before but this was different, there weren't stools or bottles to use, and neither was there any usable things besides her weapon and shield.

Xander was getting bored waiting for Aneka to strike, so he instead took the initiative, stepping to the side, and pulling his large greatsword back, and swinging it, deliberately slow, but with enough force to chop someone in half. She ducked down below the blow and swung her sword quickly, scratching the armor he was wearing.

It didn't really do much, attacking a heavily armored part of the body. She dove away from the next attack and pushed herself up, just dodging seemed tiring and hard, she can barely keep her arms up from time to time, but she was still in that stance, readying for the next attack. She attacked quickly, her sword aimed at Xander's face and he dodged it, but she kept moving forward, each swing made her get closer to her goal.

She threw another jab, Xander didn't look amused with the display, in fact he seemed rather bored and disappointed. But Aneka wasn't done, she twisted her body and moved to the side, raising up her fist and threw a punch at Xander's scarred face.

It pushed him back somewhat, but he was still standing and counted the attack with his own. Aneka blocked the attack with her shield, but she was a bit late and the attack made it through her shield and decking her across the face, sending her sprawling to the ground. Xander readjusted his jaw a bit from the punch he received. Aneka was raw and untrained, but showed promise with her unrelenting attitude.

And by the looks of things, she's knocked unconscious on the ground. "Huh, better than most newbies." He said and picking her up to get to back to her bunk.
word count: 625
Zip
Approved Character
Profession: Professional Scowler
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Garland
Knowledge.........
Longsword: Staying on the offensive is not a good idea
Tactics: Don't let your guard down
Endurance: Never giving up, never quitting
Endurance: Digging deep for some energy.
Longsword: Quick attacks followed by another attack is effective.
Endurance: Coping with a hangover
Loot....................
None
Consequence......
A couple of bruises that will heal fully in a few arcs
None
Renown..............
None
Experience...........
garland, garland, garland. Why chu gotta play a squire everywhere you go? Haha. Anyway, this is a straightforward job thread. You played to your level, struggled, and got a small moral victory near the end of the training session with that jab.

Welcome to ST, Garland. Hope you enjoy your time away from DU30.
Please edit your grade request.

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=11440[/img][/center]
word count: 155
ImageImageImage
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”