• Solo • [Thunder Den] Hit Hard, Hit Often

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Lightning Knight: Inquisitors(Watchmen)
Renown: 37
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Milestones

Miscellaneous

[Thunder Den] Hit Hard, Hit Often

Hit Hard, Hit Often

Saun 20, 718

Blood raced through Aneka's body, her heart pounding as she entered the Thunder Den. The sound of wooden weapons hitting each other echoed through the antechamber. She was a fighter but training got her pumped up, she's been coming here almost every single day when she wasn't working to keep her family from poverty.

She wasn't sure she wanted to grow up fighting like her father, but she wanted to protect her family, something she couldn't do just slacking off, she needed to grow up and so she did. Turns out, she loved punching the tar out of people and letting out her anger. She paused as she entered the stone entrance way, her eyes looking over to the various tapestries depicting the knights and the priestesses.

"Gonna be one those shiners, ey dad?" She said to herself and crossed her arms, before looking down to the blade at her belt, the weapon tied and bound so it would be unusable and it was obvious to anyone to see. She pulled the weapon, sheathe and all, off her belt and placed the pommel of the blade to her forehead and closed her eyes. "Gonna make you proud dad and keep the rest of em safe, Immortals know that they can't keep themselves safe without me." She said and tapped the pommel on her forehead a few times.

"Ilu's doing well, she's rather devout to lady Lightning, bless that midget, too much of a kiss ass if you ask me, but she's a good kid, I love her to bits." She said, some tears forming in her eyes. "Ilia's been working hard since you and ma left, she's been working herself to the bone, but I've been helping out, she's too soft on the others, gotta whip em into shape from time to time. Ilu's gotten pretty good at fighting too, didn't think she had it in her, she's a quick one."

She paused and opened her eyes. "Phobs... Well... Yeah, he's doing what he's been doing, reading books, studying, wish he'd learn something useful though, like... I dunno... How to brew or something. He still hasn't moved on from you... leaving, he doesn't blame me or anything, but he's angry, hates you I think for leaving. You didn't have a choice-you... You just had to get in front of me didn't you, dad?" She paused to wipe away the tears. "Bah! Listen to me prattle on, I gotta go kick some arse and get stronger, just wanted to say... Miss you, dad. I love you." She mumbled and returned the blade to her belt, and slapping her cheeks to shake away the emotion

She walked down the hallway and entered the training room proper, people from all over trained here, a pair were sparing in the ring, wooden weapons equipped and seeing who would be the first to fall, others are at the archery range, shooting blunted arrows at the targets. What Aneka was looking for was someone who could teach her how to be a better hand-to-hand fighter.

She progressed well over the years she thought, but she had a long way to go, she'd seen people fight, the knights were amazing in combat, but that was to be a given, their entire job was to protect the people of Rharne after all. Aneka cracked her knuckles and needed to warm up first.

She went off to a relatively quiet spot and started doing stretches, limbering up her toned muscles, while looking at the people training, seeing their techniques and how they trained, her eyes followed a young man, throwing heavy powerful punches at a dummy, nearly breaking it at some parts.

"Oy, tough guy! What'd that dummy ever do to you?" She said snarkly, still doing her stretches. "Why don' ya have a tussle with me? After those two are finished." She said motioning over to the sparring pit. "Just wanted to see what a little blonde girl can do against a big strong man like yourself." She said with a small wink.
Last edited by Aneka Tristal on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 718
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: [Solo][Thunder Den] Hit Hard, Hit Often

Hit Hard, Hit Often

Aneka gave the large fighter a sly wink and smile, a bit flirty, but more of a friendly challenge than anything else. She cracked her knuckles and walked over to a unused dummy. She clenched her fists, and got into her fighting stance. She looked over to the man that was training. "So what's your want? I wanna know the name of the bloke I'm gonna fight." She said and throwing a quick jab at the dummy's head.

The boy gave Aneka a small grin. "Name's Jesse, yours?" He said, trying to impress Aneka with a powerful punch against his own training dummy. "Seen you around the Den a few times, always thought you were one of those quiet types."

"Me? Quiet? Hah! Fat chance." She said, doing another quick strike at the dummy's side, before stepping back and throwing a kick, hitting the dummy on the side of the head. "Name's Aneka, Neeka to my friends." She said and stepped back from her target.

"Well, pleasure's mine then, Neeka." He said, flexing his arm and pulling it back slowly, letting Aneka get a good look at his bicep before punching, and knocking the dummy back. He seemed confident, and cocky about this spar. "Are you sure about this? I won't hold back because of a pretty face you know? But I'll try to not hit your face when we fight."

"Pretty face? Aren't you a charmer, tough guy." She said with a smile, this will be easy, he's too fixated on showing off to actually fight for real. That won't last long, she wasn't sure how strong this guy was if he was actually serious.

The fight in the middle of the sparring circle eventually ended, one getting lucky and getting a lucky hit against the other. The good thing about Rharne was that every fight usually starts with a drink and ends with one as well, fighting was a part of this city's life, its culture. So yeah, pretty much almost anyone and everyone here knows how to fight and some people get cocky here and there, but if they aren't showing off, the people are pretty tough.

Aneka stepped away from the dummy and into the ring, and motioned for Jesse to follow. She felt the hard stone ground under her feet, the adrenaline was starting to build up in her, but her eyes just kept focused on her prize, this guy on the ground or at the very least good practice!

"Ready, tough guy?" She asked and got into a fighting stance, she said, hopping on the balls of her feet to keep mobile.

Jesse nodded and planted a fist on his chest. "This'll be good practice! Ready when you are." He said and got into his own stance, light on his feet but not quite as quick, it seemed like focused on hitting hard rather than hitting fast.

"Start!" She yelled out and the fight was underway, as soon as she said that, her heart raced and Jesse predictably rushed in, fast but not fast enough to actually land a hit. "Come on, get serious!"
word count: 547
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: [Thunder Den] Hit Hard, Hit Often

Hit Hard, Hit Often

She leaned back, dodging a heavy swing from her opponent, she saw an opening for an attack, and planted her feet in the ground, drawing strength from her core and directing it into her punch.

The punch connected squarely on his chest, but she expected the punch to at least stagger him. The look on Jesse' face meant it did hurt somewhat, but he stood fast and raised up his arm and brought down his elbow on the back of her neck, sending her to the ground.

"Heh, not bad. Thought you'd last longer, Neeka." He said and let his guard down for Aneka to grab his legs and pull, sending him to the ground as well as she stood back up.

She rubbed the back of her neck, and winced in pain. "The fight ain't over till one says stop or if one's knocked out." She said with a small smile, before going on the offensive.

Jesse got back up, only to see her dash forward to attack. She threw two punches, one aimed at his gut, the other to his face. He blocked the attack to the face, but the hit to his gut made him stumble back. He grunted at the hit but threw back a counterpunch at Aneka.

She moved her head, the punch only grazing her as she pulled back and threw a kick to Jesse' head.

He raised up his arm, blocking it with his forearm before it reached the side of his head. He grabbed the leg and swept her off her feet. Literally before sending her off to the side with a throw.

She skidded on the hard ground for a bit and skinned her arm, but was otherwise fine. She got up and dusted off the dirt and got back into the fight. He was a lot tougher than she gave him credit for. She thought he was all brawl and no speed, but he's a pretty well-balanced fighter, he was very strong, fast enough that his strength wasn't useless, and tough enough to take a hit.

"You're pretty good!" She said and tried to think of a plan, on how to beat this guy. Jesse got into his own stance, a smile on his face at the fight. She clenched her fist and rushed in again, she needed to find some clink in his armor.

She threw a quick punch and he raised his arm to block it again, she followed up with another punch, and it was blocked again. She started seeing a pattern in his defense. He was going to counterattack now, and she knew it was coming.

She raised up her own arm to block, and punched with the other. He didn't expect it and her blow passed through his defenses and hit him square in the face, while his own attack was blocked for the most part.

Keep going, Neeka! Don't let up! She thought and grabbed his arm. She placed her foot perpendicular to his foot and turned around, using his own body weight to throw him over her shoulder.

He landed with a thud on the ground and a look of suppressed pain and bewilderment. He underestimated her by the looks of things, as well. Looks like this fight will be more exciting then he expected.
word count: 572
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Hit Hard, Hit Often

Jesse stood up, and looked at Aneka, he was still a bit winded and shaky, but Aneka didn't let up. She yelled a battle cry as she lunged forward, she threw a powerful punch that Jesse blocked with a good deal of effort, but he still had plenty of energy to spare.

Jesse grunted from the impact of the punch, he twisted his body to wind up for a kick. Aneka raised up her guard against the kick, but the kick was lower than expected, it hit her square in the side, not in the head. She coughed and reeled from the kick, but Jesse wasn't done yet.

He pulled back his arm and gut punched her, making her gasp as the air from her lungs is forced out along with her spit. She reeled back and fell down to the ground, clutching her stomach as she vomited on the ground.

Jesse looked down on her and grinned. "Good fight. Give up now, you've proven you're tough." He said and held out his hand towards her.

She breathed in heavily, pain coursing through her entire body, her vision was blurry and she tasted a slight tinge of copper in her mouth, but she hasn't given up yet. She clenched her fist and threw an uppercut at Jesse.

He didn't expect that attack, and the blow connected quite cleanly and he stumbled back, still.

Aneka got back into a fighting stance and grinned. She spat on the ground, she wasn't quite done yet. She breathed in and out quite quickly, she had more to give, but she was nearing her last legs and she's not sure how much more she can take.

Jesse was more experienced with fighting, and had more stamina, Aneka underestimated him and paid the price, but she was giving it her all and he had to respect that. Of course he wasn't going to go down without giving it his all, especially since this was such a good fight.

Jesse was the first one to attack this time. She barely dodged his heavy haymaker, and then the next hook.

She ducked low under Jesse' next attack, making the attack hit nothing but air overhead. She was in the perfect spot to go all out, to use every last bit of her strength.

She clenched her fists, dug her heel into the ground and started punching up a storm, a flurry of fists rocked Jesse' well toned stomach and chest.

Each punch sent him stumbling back, but she kept on him, moving forward and continuing the barrage.

"Arrogant little!" Jesse yelled out and held his hands together and dropped it down on Aneka's head. At least that was his plan.

Aneka stopped her barrage and had her arms crossed above her head, catching the attack before it would hit her. "Time to finish this!" With that she forced the arm down low, making Jesse lean down, as she pulled back her head and slammed it against the bridge of his nose. She was sure she broke something there, but she wasn't done. She dropped her guard and slammed her elbow across Jesse' face, sending him sprawling down to the ground.

She kept her guard up, but it was just for show at that point, she had nothing left but her sheer willpower keeping her on her feet. She waited for Jesse to get up, but he never did, he was out cold, and she had won, just barely.

"Right... That was less of a warm up and more of a full on training session..." She said before collapsing to the ground as well, eventually the two of them were taking to the side and placed on a nearby bench as the next pair of fighters use the sparring ring.

Aneka grabbed her peacebonded sword and winced with each bit of movement, the adrenaline was wearing off and her body just ached from the pain. "Right... kicking arse dad." She said to the sword before just holding it tight against her chest.
word count: 695
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Aneka Tristal

Awarded Points
These points can/cannot be spent in magic

Awarded Knowledge
Unarmed Combat: Heavy hitters aren't always slow
Unarmed Combat: Sneak attacks
Unarmed Combat: Fast and Strong attacks
Unarmed Combat: Predict your opponent's next attack
Endurance: Staying in the fight even when you're on your last legs
Endurance: Adrenalin blocks the pain

Awarded Extras
Loot & Losses
  • None

Injuries
  • A number of scrapes, cuts and bruises, all well on the way to healing by the start of Vhalar

Renown
  • +10: Putting up a good fight!

Comments

I love Aneka's spirit! I'm not much for combat-oriented threads, I normally struggle to keep up with whats going on, but I loved the dialogue in here. It was as fast paced as the action, which made it a great read :)

If you have any questions, comments or criticism about your review, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it.
Thank ye.
word count: 191
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”