Empathy Q&A

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Empathy Q&A

Empathy Q&A

Welcome to the Empathy Q&A. Any and all questions surrounding Empathy can be asked here. This page has not yet undergone Lore Analysis, but we welcome all of your questions, comments, and other such feedback on this particular magic. We will use this page as well to indicate any lore changes and when this page undergoes Lore Analysis.

Lore Updates

This section will be for recording any lore updates for the Empathy Page. This will only be for clarifications, updates, etc. Grammar, spelling, and other such updates do not need to be recorded here. All updates should be detailed within a post within this thread, and linked to the list below.

Sept 20, 2018- Q&A Begins~Aegis
(Date with Url to post) - Brief description of update. ~Name of person who approved and conducted said update
word count: 140
Hina
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 390
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Empathy Q&A

Can people detect when you use empathy magic on them? If so, would they innately know who was using the magic or the direction the magic is coming from?

I got mixed answers in the discord. One person said it can be detected with discipline, but another said it can't be detected at all (only resisted).

I read the whole page a couple times and I can only see information about resistance if you have enough discipline. I'm asking here to get an official answer though
word count: 88
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Re: Empathy Q&A

The way the lore reads, specifically in reference to Discipline, is that those with higher discipline can detect changes in their own personality/mind. However, they will not necessarily know this is because of Empathy specifically nor who/what is causing a potential change in them.
word count: 46
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”