Defiance Q&A

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Defiance Q&A

Defiance Q&A

Welcome to the Defiance Q&A. Any and all questions surrounding Defiance can be asked here. This page has not yet undergone Lore Analysis, but we welcome all of your questions, comments, and other such feedback on this particular magic. We will use this page as well to indicate any lore changes and when this page undergoes Lore Analysis.

Lore Updates

This section will be for recording any lore updates for the Defiance Page. This will only be for clarifications, updates, etc. Grammar, spelling, and other such updates do not need to be recorded here. All updates should be detailed within a post within this thread, and linked to the list below.

Sept 20, 2018- Q&A Begins~Aegis
(Date with Url to post) - Brief description of update. ~Name of person who approved and conducted said update
word count: 140
Bolt
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Re: Defiance Q&A

1) several techniques call out special effects to kin elements. IE deference gives immunity to kin element at some point and guardian gives warnings. Do these effects happen for all your kin elements or just the first one you pick?

2) is the dancing skill a prerequisite for using the dancing technique well

3) embrace allows flight. Do we need to train the flight skill for this

4) I've been rp-ing actually talking to the elements. Is this acceptable? My intention is to just add flavor (dirty water being unhappy that it's filthy, wind not wanting to calm down because it wants to blow, etc).
word count: 108
Formerly Hikaru
Kaelrik
Approved Character
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Defiance Q&A

I have a legitimate question to pose to the staff. Just something to consider that doesn't warrant an immediate answer and nor should it.

Why can't a Revealed Defier become Kin to all four base elements? Compared to the context of other Revelations, this seems rather unbecoming. If anything it feels like being Kin with 3 elements is something attainable by a distinguished master instead of a Revealed mage, who is supposed to be the absolute pinnacle of what the domain is capable of.

Not including it seems a bit like an artificial cap in comparison.

Again, just food for thought that I thought I'd pose.
word count: 109
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”