[Skye Verath Lodge] Kiss the Skye I

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.

Moderators: Pegasus, Basilisk, Plague

Cassidy
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Airman
Renown: +25
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

[Skye Verath Lodge] Kiss the Skye I

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:08 pm

14th of Ymiden, Arc 718

Bright smile blazing outward, Cassidy couldn't hide his mood as he stared up at the sky above him. Not a single cloud obscured the soaring sea of crystal blue, and while he would have been glad for the pleasant day anyway, he found himself filled with joyous flame this trial. Excitement sent his limbs ajitter, and he was practically bouncing in place as sat in wait for the Lodge to open. This was the trial he was waiting for since his enlistment. This was the trial that would make all the punishment Ray dolled out for insubordination worth it. This was the trial he would finally ride the winds on borrowed wings.

This trial, he was going to ride a Volareon.

Granted, it was a training mount and he would be under careful watch of his instructor the entire, but still, any step closer to the sky was a wingbeat in the right direction as far as Cassidy was concerned. If he continued to show out in exercises and prove that he earned a spot among the Airman, it wouldn't be long before he was assigned a Sergeant or a Major to tutor under. From there, he'd climb the ranks as fast and far as he could. He wouldn't stop until Rynmere either respected the name Kane, or feared it more than any noble bloodline.

Door finally sliding open, Cassidy was greeted to the face of a young woman with red-blonde hair. She was fair of skin and her face was a soft, inviting shape the beguiled him into a sense of security. Her body moved with the supple grace of a rider, shapely thighs and toned calves complementing her athletic form. Dressed in brown riding leathers and holding onto a fur-lined coat, the woman looked ready to work. She stood in a slightly nervous stance, head peaking out from behind the door before the rest of her body followed. Slightly shy but unafraid, she met the Kane's pale-blue gaze.

"You're Cassidy, right?" At his nod, she smiled slightly. "Oh good! Trixie had mentioned you would be stopping by totrial, but I wasn't sure when. My name's Poppy, and I'll be taking you flying today," she explained, one hand idly tugging at a strand of hair while the other beckoned him inside. Cassidy stood quickly, a child-like giddiness sending his stride into a bound. Poppy, startled by the sudden movement, nearly fell as she stumbled backward into the Lodge.

"Sorry! Sorry," he apologized, holding his hands as if calming a spooked horse. Cassidy worried for a moment that he had made a poor impression, but Poppy looked more amused than annoyed by his presence. "I'm just can't wait to get started. I've been dreaming of this moment since I enlisted."

"No, it's alright! I just wasn't expecting it," she laughed nervously, taking a moment to regather her composure. "Though, I would recommend that you calm down a little in front of the Volareon. Wouldn't want them taking flight before you got in the saddle, would we?"

Cassidy's laughter matched her own, eyes still bright with excitement. "No, no we would not!" He took slow, deliberate steps inside the the Lodge; placing exaggerated emphasis on carefully crafting each movement. Meeting the woman's bemused gaze, he shot her a playful smirk. "That better?"

"Much," she admitted with a slight roll of the eyes, entertained by the Airman's antics. Turning slightly, she motioned towards the inner sanctum of the Skye Verath Lodge. "Well, shall we introduce you to whom you'll be riding today?"

Biting down on the dirty joke that danced at the tip of his tongue, Cassidy simply smiled and bowed his head in agreement. It was a little too early in the morning to engage in such talk, but the Kane had hopes for later. Following after the woman's steady step and coyly watching the subtle sway in her shapely hips, he sent silent prayer of thanks to Faldrun for keeping the suns bright. A stunning day, and an equally stunning instructor, this trial was truly his to seize.
Last edited by Cassidy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It was a pleasure to burn
Cassidy
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Re: [Skye Verath Lodge] Kiss the Skye I

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:53 pm

She was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Lean, sinewy legs that held a proud strength with every stride. A graceful, curved back that Cassidy could watch stretch and bend for hours without getting bored. Red-gold hair that seemed to shimmer like flame under the twin suns which shined down onto Idalos.

Poppy was a fairly easy on the eyes as well.

He enjoyed watching the woman work. It was apparent that she was in her element her, whispering quiet words and sing soft songs to calm the Volareon in the presence of a newcomer. It was astounding seeing how easily she could coax the beast back from the edge of anger and into a state of relative calm. He had never seen song at work with animals before, and while he doubted he had either the time or patience to incorporate such a skill with his mounts, he couldn't argue with the results.

"Sorry about the delay, Sevra is a bit of a feisty one," Poppy offered, guiding the animal by a set of reigns away from its stable. Cassidy watched as the Volareon's eyes narrowed at the sight of him, the intelligent animal obviously unimpressed by what the woman offered for her. The Kane could only smirk in response, as if daring the beast to judge him further.

"That's just fine, I like a challenge anyway." Cassidy met the animal's gaze evenly at first. As much as it was sizing him up, he was deconstructing her just as much. Rich gold eyes bored into pale blue, but the Airman refused to back off. This was a challenge, simple and true, and he wasn't the type to go down easy. With careful but confident strides, he marched forward to the Volareon. He was close enough to feel its breath, warm and wet, against his face. When an uneasy growl rumbled from the beast's massive throat, Cassidy matched it with a snarl of his own. That took the animal by surprise. It paused as it re-examined Cassidy, then turned its gaze downward.

"Were you-" Poppy began.

"Establishing dominance? Yeah," he finished for her, turning his back on the Volareon.

"So you've dealt troublesome animals before?"

"Poppy, I'm a Kane. 'Trouble' is the only thing we deal in," he replied, a playful flirtation quietly infecting his tone. It might have even been considered smooth, if Sevra hadn't decided to take that opportunity to bat the back of the Airman's head with it's massive paw. Cassidy was sent tripping forward, landing in a decidedly ungraceful position at Poppy's feat. She was kind enough to attempt to hide her laughter, but too honest to have any skill in it.

"I'm sure it is," she smiled kindly, offering the man a hand up. Cassidy wasn't too proud to take it, and, despite his embarrassment, he took comfort in the way the woman's strong fingers felt intertwined with his. Especially in how they lingered with his for half-a-tick too long to be considered just friendly. Realizing their extended contact, Poppy hurriedly put the offending appendage behind her back. "We should, uh, probably start the-the lesson! Now!"

Cassidy considered teasing her for the light brush which crept across her cheeks as she spoke, but decided to spare the poor girl. Moving aside so she could once again grab Sevra's reigns, the Kane watched her as she hurriedly filtered out to the training track. She wasn't the usual type of woman that he chased after. Sure, she was pretty, but she was mostly kind. Cassidy was surprised how much that mattered to him. And how undeniably attracted to her he was becoming.

Shaking the lingering thoughts of her from his head, Cassidy attempted to refocus his mind. Yes, it was fun to flirt with Poppy, but he flirted with everyone. And yes, he had a feeling that she was flirting back, but he wasn't here to chat up a girl. He was here to learn how to fly. This was a military exercise. A chance to step closer to reaching Sergeant. Nothing more, nothing less.

Poppy caught his eyes and smiled shyly at him, beckoning him forward with a slight turn of her hand.

By the Seven he was doomed.
Last edited by Cassidy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cassidy
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Re: [Skye Verath Lodge] Kiss the Skye I

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:03 am

"No, your weight is distributed all wrong. Try again."

Cassidy growled in frustration as he readjusted his weight in Sevra's saddle for the umpteenth time. His thighs were beginning to cramp from the near break they had spent on the topic of saddle position. They hadn't even taken to the air yet! He cast his eyes up towards the taunting sky, the dual sun's rays still invitingly warm on his face. He was so close to sailing cold currents and cutting through the air like a knife on the wind, So close to his next step towards Sergeant, but this bitch and her damnable rules were keeping him grounded. He could feel the fury and frustration burn in him like fire threatening to burst from his veins. He tried to contain, tried to focus on the work. But the more he pushed back, the more his anger threatened to explode.

Until it did.

"My weight is fine! It's your rules that are the fucking problem!" He called back from atop the Volareon, anger evident in his voice. "You know, I thought this flying lesson would actually include, oh I don't know, flying?!"

Poppy's normally patient gaze shifted into an irritated glare as she met Cassidy's eyes. She stomped over to where the Kane sat mounted, placed a hand on his calf, and gave a sharp tug. The young man felt his weight shift suddenly to the left, the pull leaving him completely off-balance. Arms flailing as he attempted to right himself back in the saddle, Cassidy fell swiftly to the floor face-first. Cheeks red with a mixture of embarrassment and anger, he flipped himself off his stomach and onto his back with an insult hot on his tongue. However, he felt his words catch in his throat as he felt the Skye's withering gaze bore into him.

"Your weight was not fine. My rules are in place for a reason. If you think I'm going to let you take off with such shit posture, you are insane," she paused for a moment, leaning down and grabbing Cassidy by the collar of his shirt. She lifted him up close enough to her face that he could see the cold fury in her eyes. "And if you ever raise your voice to me again, I will get Sevra to eat you alive."

His back hit the ground with a thump, and Poppy stormed away from the stunned Airman.

Cassidy would be lying if he pretended that he wasn't the slightest bit aroused.

"By the Seven and Faldrun's Fury, I am an asshole," he breathed out as he watched the woman walk back inside the Lodge. Picking himself up, he sprinted to catch up with Poppy, but found himself on the wrong side of a locked door. He tried the handle again, hoping that it was just stubborn or blocked, but the door would not move. He knocked. No answer. He knocked louder. No answer.

"Poppy? Poppy!" At the persistent silence, Cassidy let out a resigned sigh. Putting his back against the door, he slid down the wooden frame until he rested on the floor. He knew what he needed to do, what the woman deserved. He just hated having to do it. "Poppy, I'm...I'm sorry okay? I just." A breath. The Kane was not used to apologizing. Kanes were taught to succeed on the first try so that there would never be a need to apologize. Steeling himself, he persisted. "I just want this so bad, you know? I want to be good at this. Really good. Good enough that nobody can hold me back or keep me grounded because of my last name. I just want to impress my instructors, and show them that, if they give me the chance, I can be the best at this. I wanted to impress you, too. I got frustrated that I wasn't doing well and I lost my temper. You don't deserve that, and I am truly sorry."

One moment passed. Another. Cassidy wasn't sure how long he waited at the door, time seemed tortuously slow as he anticipated her answer. The door swung inward, and Cassidy once again lost his balance. He stared up at a standing Poppy, who's expression, seeing him in his current state, was somewhere between concerned and amused.

"We really need to fix that," she sighed, helping him back up to his feet.

"Put me in the air, and I promise I'll soar."

Cassidy stood as still as he could while the woman looked him over, as if she was searching for deception in his stance. He could see the hurt still lurking behind her eyes, and felt such sorrow for placing it there. His temper was a beast of its own. In battle it was an invaluable aid, but in times of peace it was only proficient in making his life harder.

"Fine," she replied with a hesitant half-smile. Cassidy shot forward with a hug, lifting the woman up and twirling her in the air. Surprised laughter bubbled out of the woman's chest, and her half-smile shifted into a full grin as the Kane put her back down. For a moment, she just stared at the ridiculous soldier before her; unable to understand how someone could shift so drastically in emotion in such a short time. With a slight shake of her head, Poppy let the moment pass. She jabbed her finger into the young man's chest, eyes tensing slight seriousness. "But you follow my rules to the letter, okay? I mean it, if I see you screwing around, I won't hesitate to ground you. You understand?"

He nodded eagerly, his smile matching hers. "May the Seven strike me down if I don't."

Satisfied with his answered and their renewed understanding of each other, Poppy led Cassidy back onto the the awaiting saddle of Sevra. Stepping up with him, the woman guided the Kane into the proper saddle position. Her body pressed against his, and with a unseen, devious glint in her eye, she leaned into his back. Lips close enough that he could hear her breath, Cassidy's brows furrowed in confusion.

"Cassidy, you don't need to impress me. You were doing just fine."

He nearly fell off his saddle. Her laughter was worth it.

Hopping down swiftly, Poppy went to retrieve a Volareon of her own. Walking backwards, and with a mock salute, she called back to him.

"Alright soldier-boy, now we're even! Let's get in the air!"

Return to “Andaris”