Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Cethnee Sngä’i

Name of Creation: Cethnee Sngä’i
Creation Type: (Necromancy Thrall)
Brief Notes on the Creation:
- A Cethnee's body consists of a human skull and the skeletal remains of a Vanaplade Centipede

History/Origin Story: Despite its sinister appearance, the centipede-like undead is a rather playful creature. As a mindless thrall that requires neither food nor sleep, the Cethnee makes an excellent guardian, and its innate stealth allows it to slip up on the unwary undetected, its creator is often found of doing. In hand of Cervantez, the thrall is commonly employed as an assassin, able to disable its quarries with its constricting or impressing biting capabilities before disposing of them in a gruesome manner—as long as the assassination doesn't require any particular intelligence its part to carry out. Although it is mindless, it can follow the simple commands of Cervantez. These can include commands to lie in wait in order ambush a target or to pursue and kill an indicated target to the exclusion of all other activities

Physical Description: It is built from the skeleton of a giant centipede creature found in the crags of Yaralon and then mounted with the skull of a human. Fangs are cemented into the jaws of the skull, and the creature when measured is a solid 8.5ft long from head to tail.

Powers/Abilities/Effects:
Vice-grip: Cethnee can exert a nearly unbreakable grip and cause crushing damage to the target. It can crush and/or deform objects simply by biting or latching on to them. Individuals who are affected by this are afflicted with severely misshapen bones that appeared as if they had simply grown that way their whole lives.

Flashstep: Because of its lightweight, the Cethnee is fast on its feet and can move without being notice. This attributes to its stealth allowing it to close distance between its prey and itself without the target noticing till its too late.

Constriction: Cethnee is able to bind and imprison or otherwise stop targets moving normally and possibly completely immobilizing them where they were. It can squeeze and/or constrict a target, either simply holding/immobilizing them, restricting their air or blood flow, or forcing the heart to stop, causing either unconsciousness or death

Bone Density: Cethnee is blessed with a durable like bone, almost akin to steel skin. This density of the bone acts as a natural boost to its defense. The bone is dense enough that it is able to take on weapon slashes, magic attacks and other attacks, allowing it to push through attacks without much damage. Cethnee can fight for long periods of time due to its steel like bone.

Weakness: In order to counter the gripping and constricting power of the thrall, one would need high strength & endurance, as well as detection to see the creature coming. It only operates within the range of its master, and if Cervantez were to be knocked unconscious, it looses functionality.

Author: Cervantez X

word count: 504
Plague
Race: Mer
Renown: 260
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Re: Cethnee Sngä’i

Hey sir!

Few notes.

First, I'd like to know how much this Thrall 'costs'. Giant Centipede suggests that it is of the Giant subtype, and a Marrow.

I assume you are not putting a well in it, as it will lose function if Cervantes is not in control, correct? If so, that's not a weakness either.

My concern is the ambiguity by saying it can "The bone is dense enough that it is able to take on weapon slashes, magic attacks and other attacks, allowing it to push through attacks without much damage."

Attacks is left pretty vague, suggesting this Marrow could take punishment from an expert or master level mage, or a high level mark without much worry. I'd be a little more clear on its durability.

It isn't as strong as steel...if you wanted that, you'd just work on a steel Metalborn. It is still bone, and thus while resistant to blades...bludgeoning impact can mess it up a good deal with enough force.
word count: 172
Cervantez
Approved Character
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Yari Runner/Mercenary/Assassin
Renown: 195
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Sorry for the confusion v.v

First, I'd like to know how much this Thrall 'costs'. Giant Centipede suggests that it is of the Giant subtype, and a Marrow.
- I guess I used the wrong wording as the centipede that the bones come from is larger than an normal human, but less than 300lbs, i was counting it under the marrow classification: Im ok with Cethnee counting as a giant and marrow which would mean he would cost me 4/9 thrall points

I assume you are not putting a well in it, as it will lose function if Cervantes is not in control, correct? If so, that's not a weakness either.
- Are you saying that because it has no well, its limited to Cervantez's current range? And if so would that be another viable weakness. If not im rather confused by what you mean.

My concern is the ambiguity by saying it can "The bone is dense enough that it is able to take on weapon slashes, magic attacks and other attacks, allowing it to push through attacks without much damage."

- I can definitely clarify that in tiers based on the enemy proficiency. If you have suggestions feel free to share. I figured anything under Cervantez's level of proficiency in the magic would have a lesser effect on it and levels above it could do more damage

It isn't as strong as steel...if you wanted that, you'd just work on a steel Metalborn. It is still bone, and thus while resistant to blades...bludgeoning impact can mess it up a good deal with enough force.
- Thats fine, i an fix it to be somewhat resistant to blade but blunt weaponry can be problematic for it
word count: 293
Plague
Race: Mer
Renown: 260
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

1. If we were just going by weight, sure. But it's both height and weight. I'd say its at least two or three people in size so it would have to be a higher thrall type.

2. As with all necromancy, there are two ways you can bring up a corpse. One you just push your ether through it and puppet it, the other way is when you put a well into your thrall and it lasts outside of you casting...the magic self-supplies so your thrall remains 'up' even when you're not concentrating on it...or actively pushing through your ether.

3. Although the Thralls you can raise can certainly be bigger or made of sterner stuff, the fact you're a better necromancer does not automatically make the flesh or bone more unyielding. A master necromancer raising a Marrow from a skeleton will have no more durability than one raised by a competent necromancer. If you want a special or more resilient thrall, you need to craft one or find the dead materials of one that simply IS that tough. Does that make sense?

4. Freshness of bones and how well you maintain them will also have effect on this. It's up to you in order to upkeep your thralls.
word count: 217
Cervantez
Approved Character
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Yari Runner/Mercenary/Assassin
Renown: 195
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

I understand but im starting thinking this was more trouble than its worth lol v.v

Maybe ill hold off till he gets stronger and learns stitch working
word count: 28
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “CtW - Unfinished Archive”