Who what hwyn and Where (armoire Adrift)

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Hwyn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Cute Incarnate ignore rabu
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Who what hwyn and Where (armoire Adrift)

Ashan 41st, 714, Armoire Adrift, Emea.

Blue sand between small toes on a beach before a yellow sea, that which was perhaps impossible anywhere else was mundane to the sole occupant of the forgotten shard of Daia’s domain.

Resting on the warm sand Hwyn stared up at the sky vacantly watching the clouds from shapes to amuse him, Vissages of knights, monsters and all manner of things doing battle soundlessly in the sky as he lay still. The only sound at the time was the gentle lapping of the yellow water on the blue beach. Eventually tiring of the performance he wondered back inside to his room and from there his closet where he cast a wary gaze upon the endless rows of clothing. None of them were in his color today the vibrant hues were blinding and the current mood of the Armorie was colorful enough already.

“Milly, it’s all much to colorful, it makes mine eyes hurt, Prithee bring forth a less radiant garment”

Within moments the lines of clothing on the walls shifted and warbled and warped in a dizzying display of surreal shifting and shaping before settling on a new palette of earthen tones. Casually tossing off his previous bright blue chemise and breeches he picked through the new offerings until settling on an oversized grey tunic, not perhaps the most fashionable choice but easily the most comfortable.

Wandering out of the closet he frowned at the still flamboyant air the glade had taken and opted to instead fall flat on the small couch in his room. Burying his face in an overstuffed pillow and waving an arm at the rest of the room.

“I beseech thee, turn off the summer and give me spring rains, I grow weary of this festivity”

Thus within moments a gentle rain began and the Immortal mortal waited on some form of inspiration to crawl forth from the recesses of their mind to entertain them for a time.

word count: 337
William Dovecraft
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mercenary / Smith
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Re: Who what hwyn and Where (armoire Adrift)

Closing in with paper faces in dissimilar places, conscious drifting, Will eroded from reality to somewhere else lacking in definition. Through the great Endless he felt he was drifting, until the warmth of a tropical cloud caressed his floating form, and everything he was fragmented into droplets of water, as if squeezed through a strainer. A lifted arm became a gust of wind, spraying the wet across a wider berth as what he was drained from the sky to somewhere vast beneath him.

From what he could see, the colors all around bled together into a painting that seemed so surreal, every drop of water from the rains above quickly shrinking to a single spot, making the outline of a boy. Drop by drop, the rain splashed upon itself, composing the visage of a boy. All the while, Will was enraptured with this sense of becoming whole from the pieces of himself, absolutely tickled until the moment that he suddenly sat up in this strange place, gazing out over the sea with his wiry, teenaged arms resting in his lap.

“When I show mother, will she like this place?” he mused, blue eyes turned green by the great color-shifting sky. Above, the clouds followed his every move, as if staring down, copying his movements as he scooped some of that blue sand, the rain beginning to fall as it trailed down his fingertips, eventually spattering him in the arm with the otherworldly liquid. Smile ear to ear, lips parted to laugh as he bowed over and rose to his feet, stretching his arms wide and rolling his shoulders behind his back, as if preparing to go for a swim.
word count: 287
Hwyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

There was something of a regularity to the illusions the Armoire cast to amuse Hwyn, perhaps a limitation of it’s creativity, or perhaps a limitation of its power, regardless there were things it could and could not do, of those “could nots” creating whole new people was chief, Hwyn was the only person that called the Armoire home. So when an alien noise woke him and a small gust of wind persistently tickled his cheek a sign that there was something amiss. Grumbling silently to himself he pulled himself up tucked the overstuffed pillow under his arm and tramped out.

As he walked out the foliage above moved to shield him from the small smattering of rain falling from the pseudo sky. As he walked he inevitably made it to the beach and on the beach he’d stood upon only moments before now stood something else, a… person… two legs.. .arms… torso.. Head… all there, a genuine article person, though not perhaps of the highest stock, filth clung to him and Hwyn imagined the smell was likely not much more ideal. However even a dirty person was better than no person at all. But… Hwyn hadn’t seen a person in… well he didn’t know really sometimes they briefly appeared but those times were flickers in the scope of all the time he’d been here. Sitting down on the small beach He hugged the pillow to his chest and watched the filthy ragamuffin, he seemed to be keen on taking a swim. Well, watching him was more entertaining than… not watching him, so might as well do so, he thought to himself. He proceeded to do exactly that, wide eyes observing the strange visitor to his lonesome bastion.

word count: 299
William Dovecraft
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Armoire Adrift’s alluring waters seeped over William’s ankles as he shed himself of his shirt, tossing it onto the blue sands behind him. The boy’s eyes met Hwyn’s as he turned, mouth wide with a grin. That beautiful, pretty face looked strange atop a body that was skinny, almost emaciated, but taut with muscle. The ribs of his body shone plainly through skin, his abdomen showing that slight amount of sinewy flesh bulging, the beginnings of rock-hard abs from a life of turmoil.

Turning, he began to wade into the water quickly, the warmth encompassing his body as he dove down into the depths, surprised that the water was so deep, rosettes, chevrons, and flowers blooming like ghosts in the depths beyond with eyes wide open, staring through water which should have stung from salt, but didn’t. He swam and swam, enticed ever forward by the guiding tides as the Domain lured him with those bright colors.

Ahead, in the depths, he saw a bright white ring, swimming towards it with kicking legs powered by pure, untempered imagination, and a certain sense of willpower from within that carried his spirit on and on. When he emerged, he was in a puddle behind Hwyn, and crawled out quietly, getting to his feet in a run with his wet soles crushing the leaf litter upon the ground as he ran forward and dug his toes in, catapulting himself across several feet of Emean turf as he jumped at the boy, trying to knock him to the ground with a playful laugh. “Why do you look so familiar?” he asked.
word count: 280
Hwyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

The boy disappearing into the water was no surprise, though the brief interlude afterword where he did not surface was momentarily unnerving before the rambunctious child reappeared aft, only to tackle the Mortal born most unceremoniously. If keen loneliness had not been a factor He would have severely debated evicting the child, but as it was, this horseplay did beat solitude. Fixing the boy with an almost stern glare Hwyn looked him over.

“why do I look so familiar? Do thine eyes Deceive thee, I’m most certainly familiar, one might even go so fars as to imply that I be genial with thee, though thine memory ist perhaps not like mine own”

“Though hast grown older though since we’ve last met, perhaps thee are just as forgetful as that carefree visage of yours would imply ye wee thing, Regardless, if you’ve forgotten, I’ll forgive this offence this once, Mine title is Hwyn, master of Armoire Adrift. Welcome back, Young Will.”

Gently booping the child’s nose with a finger Hwyn looked over him warmly, he wasn’t surpised the child didn’t remember him or this place, after all the Armoire wasn’t the sort of place one would want to remember else they’d lose their sanity In trying to comprehend it’s nature. The only thing the place didn’t warp with it’s power was Hwyn himself and that was only since it new better than to try and tamper with the domains feeding it, much to Hwyn’s chagrin, he belonged to this place as much as it him at this time.

“Tell me Boya, how have thee faired in recent times?”

word count: 287
William Dovecraft
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Crash! Will’s light form thudded into the Mortalborn’s, the weight of his being swaying him, though it did not knock the boyish man over. With whimsical rapport from timefangled tongue, Hwyn's befuddling words assuaged young ears with difficulty, Will staring up with those bright blue eyes of his. “Whaaaat?” he mouthed.

“I’ve never seen you before!” Will laughed, pushing himself out at arm’s length, patting the man’s regal garb. “These are fancy clothes - hey, why are you talking like that? You’re so weird!” His head tilted. “Well if you say you’ve seen me before, I’m not gonna call you crazy.” Turning back, he looked over the building sitting there, and then up at the sky, thinking little of the world around him.

Suddenly, a bright red object hurtled by, into the building, and William heard a dumb and sporty snicker echoing from shadowy recesses beyond an open door. “Hey, was that a ball? I haven’t seen one of those in Arcs!” He pushed off Hwyn, nearly knocking him over again as he ran, no, sprinted towards the door, slipping it open. His dripping form began spewing its nonsensical spatter everywhere as he found himself trudging upon gilded carpets, looking at a world that appeared almost as if one giant palace.

“Whoa, you’re rich!” Will called back. “Are you an Andaris or something?”
word count: 240
Hwyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ah, to be young the Mortal born thought wistfully as he watched the child who seemed to brush off his words before interjecting his own thoughts into the situation, on an adult such traits were hardly attractive but the boy’s youth made it almost endearing. As Hwyn tried to formulate a response to all that the boy had to say when something flashed past the peripheral of his vision and the boy similarly zoomed off after it.

Sighing Hwyn shook his head dusted himself off and followed the boy inside. Listening to the boy once again seemingly losing interest in the ball as he spotted the inside of Hwyn’s room. Hwyn smiled wanly at the boy’s exclamation of him being rich. Riches only take one so far if you cannot spend them Hywn though wryly.

“I’m neither rich, nor an Andarin, nor do I know what one is, However I’m glad you like the place. We entertain few nowadays, so thine presence likely brings it a much needed mute from monotonous senescence.”

Snagging a towel from a rack as he followed the boy into his home he quickly plodded it down on the childs head ruffling him as he attempted to prevent him from soaking the whole place and earning milly’s ire. It felt quaint to be in contact with another being after so long even if it was a little rascal. As Hwyn attempted to towel him off he came away with not just water but a small layer of grime, the poor boy couldn't be getting taken care of well enough Hwyn thought to himself.

“Thou art quite a bundle of rambunctiousness you know, reminds me of mine own days as a tyke, though I must say I know of no ball’s rolling about mine demesnes I could procure one for thee if it would elicit you some joy”

Shrugging Hwyn held a hand out and snapped willing the room to give him what he wanted, and after a brief delay a small blue rubber ball rolled forth from the closet. “Thankee Milly" Hwyn was glad that the room still obeyed him it had a tendency to become stubborn if it didn't get enough attention from him.

word count: 385
William Dovecraft
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

The boy stood stalwart, cocking his head once more like a curious bird or dog without proper understanding. “Uhh, how do you not know the great royal Andaris family? They are the rulers of Rynmere!” Will proclaimed. “One of them is the King, I’ll have you know!” He stepped forth, about to take a jab at Hwyn for using such confusing language when that warm, fluffy towel descended upon his head, whereupon his smattering of blonde hair was ruffled into a wet mess while the boy beneath flubbed and blubbed as the rough material wiped over his face and lips in chaotic fashion at the same time.

“Yeah, well I’m not a boy anymore!” Will growled, snatching the towel from Hwyn’s hand and rubbing the rest of his filthy self dry. “Hmph! I just - did you just - woww!” Instantly, he tossed the towel aside and ran towards the ball. “This one’s made of rubber!” he shouted with delight! “Oh my Gods!” He picked it up, and with the strength of a mule boy, hurled it over his shoulder at Hwyn, ball making a little squeak as it cracked a picture frame above and bounced, knocking over a vase before rolling by Hwyn’s feet.

“Oh, oops!” Will gasped, a palm over his face. “I’m sorry - sorry! I didn’t mean for it to...” He looked sad and reminiscent.
word count: 240
Hwyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

It was almost comical the way the boy bounced about from one topic to another the boy and the rubber ball more in common than he was willing to voice, but it was at the very least interesting to get some news from the outer world even in the form of a small boy, apparently there were places where man was ruling and not the immortals, and they were doing well at that. That information was pleasant enough news that Hwyn was able to ignore the destruction brought about by the child.

“Thourt indeed one of mine most troublesome guests in a long while, thour’t lucky thou are endearing.”

Scooping up the ball Hwyn lowered himself to eye level with the boy and gave him a small smile before ruffling his hair.

“Come now, thine tears will’t do little good to repair what’s been done. Come now, let us play outside? I’ll see to it that repairs are made promptly so cease thine wailing, thour’t forgiven”

With that Hwyn stepped back outside and smiled, he’d forgotten how emotional humans could be, it was amusing to see that no matter how much time passed in some things simply never changed. It did make him wonder when the day he would be released from this place would finally be but he’d given up on worrying about such things. He would for the moment at least simply enjoy what time he was able to experience in the company of a mortal for he knew it would be fleeting.

“Come now little one, thou will miss my lesson on how one properly larks about with a ball”

Idly bouncing it in one hand He would wait until the boy came outside before tossing it at the child. He hadn’t really played with other children much in his upbringing but that didn’t mean he couldn’t make something up as he went to show his superiority and knowledge in all things.

word count: 342
William Dovecraft
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

All of those nerves evaporated as Hwyn brushed it off and picked up the ball, William staring at it like a dullard dog after a rope toy. “Haha, well I don’t mean to be trouble!” he mumbled bashfully, stepping closer to Hwyn within this literal wonderland, chest fluttering with the quick rise of ecstatic heartbeats. He was enjoying himself, the time here, the wondrous nature of this place. The lavishness, when his life lacked so much as a hint of comfort from the squalor he had put himself in to save for a charter to somewhere other than the land his father had made him feel as if he did not belong.

Now the ball was bouncing. That meant things were about to get real. “I assure you, Hwyn of the funny tongue, I am the ultimate ball larker!” William shouted, fists squeezing tight. He stepped back quickly, bouncing back with his quick-pattering legs with such reckless abandon that he did not look where he was going. Soon enough, he bumped into a table at the end of the hall, arms lifted high and making grabby motions, as if a phantom sphere were to be hurtling towards him at any moment.

“Here, here, throw it here!” he shouted, laughing. Memories of his youth, leeching through a soul that had been forced to grow perhaps too fast, or not fast enough. Or maybe too fast in a short time, after not being allowed to properly grow? Nonetheless, William’s young demeanor could not be overstated, blue eyes leering like slits with cheer, grin wide and stupid with bright white dango teeth smiling like the sun Hwyn had likely never seen in its true elegance.
word count: 292
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”