Domain Magic Main Page Q&A

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Welcome to the Domain Magic Main Page Q&A. Any and all questions surrounding the Domain Magic Main Page can be asked here. This page is currently undergoing Lore Analysis. What this means is that I am leading a project to touch up all the information in this page, to make it more consistent with lore across the site, and answer questions that there might be on it. Additionally, we've found some information might be known and isn't included in this page, so the Lore Analysis is part of adding those in as well. So feel free to ask any questions relating strictly to this particular page. We will be doing Lore Analysis on individual magics following the completion of this page.

Domain Magic Main Page Lore Updates

This section will be for recording any lore updates for the Domain Magic Main Page. This will only be for clarifications, updates, etc. Grammar, spelling, and other such updates do not need to be recorded here. All updates should be detailed within a post within this thread, and linked to the list below.

Sept 6, 2018 - Lore Analysis Begins. ~Aegis
(Date with Url to post) - Brief description of update. ~Name of person who approved and conducted said update
word count: 214
Abaddon
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Re: Domain Magic Main Page Q&A

I've been tidying up my knowledge of the lore as of late, and I've wanted to ask some questions that might help to refine things.
  • Overstepping. Is it like a muscle, where you can feel yourself about to Overstep, or is it like a progressive high that makes you want to cast more and more, feeding into that 'magic is an addiction' theme? I've been told the latter before, but the wiki seems to indicate the former now. Is this now one of those things where you're free to interpret how you wish?
  • Can Fractures be seen from within Emea's Veil in addition to the Untold?
  • I've been told you can Flay Ether from a Fracture. If I'm within the Untold or the Veil, can I Flay from my environment? Can you crystallize generic rocks into simple Wells in this way similar to how Aberryte is fashioned?
  • Will racial limitations on Domain Magic be lifted or changed into more character development opportunities now that a more lax standpoint on what a PC can do is being taken. similar to how Ghosts have Sparks if they have them when they die? I understand in the case of a Wisp as there's a good explanation in there, but I would love to see some Spark-Corrupted Tunawa where their natural Ether resistance inverts and they are just these tiny monsters instead of flat-out not being able to have their souls given the Spark, and Naer Becomers could just be shadow beasts that have to get tattoos on all their new forms to properly praise the sun.
  • Would a Revealed/Released become a Fallen Lord if subjected to enough Divine Ether or made into a Mortalborn through other means, or would they become something else?
  • Flaying. Does the Thirst flaw continue to double after it's been Is the Thirst limitation a hard limit, or can a PC highly skilled in Resistance, Discipline, Endurance, and/or Meditation bypass this cap without becoming a Starved One?
word count: 341
Saalasar
Race: Lotharro
Character Sheet
Templates

Hey there, me again.

Adding to my questions in the Becoming Q&A thread:

I am aware that Marks differ from the Spark due to the nature of their ether (more pure and stable due to being given from an Immortal) but would it be reasonable to conclude that a Spark might be influenced in some way by its host's Mark(s)? More so in regards to mutations and such.

Speaking of mutations, I know there is a character repository page on the wiki because I've found my way there once before but I now can't seem to find my way back. Clicking the link that appears to be the correct one only leads me to a blank page. I'm trying to check out mutations that are currently in play so I can avoid any similarities/double up as I work on my own and I vaguely recall there being a category for mages (or maybe this is my brain making things up). Assistance is very much welcomed.

Thanks again in advance.
word count: 185
"Every man has a wild beast within him."
━ Frederick the Great
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

1. Absolutely.

2. All Mutations are categorized as subcategories under their specific magic. So the flow is, for instance, Becoming > Becoming Mutations > Becoming Awakenings & Corruptions > Individual Mutations. Not all mutations are in there yet but we are updating them as we convert Prophet Notes into the Wiki
word count: 47
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”