Fresh Bodies, Locally Sourced

Yaralon is closed and may not be played in.
Cervantez
Approved Character
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Yari Runner/Mercenary/Assassin
Renown: 195
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Fresh Bodies, Locally Sourced

Saun 21st, Arc 718, Heavy Rain

☠ Mood: Annoyed
☠ Current Thought: Fool
☠ Current Theme: Valley of the Shadow of Death

☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠ ======== ☠

This one had some backbone after all. I see someone has allowed their balls to drop. He yelled over the rain. As he came charging down the hill, couldn't find the scrawny little bastard, wondering if he ran from the fight like a coward or was hiding somewhere in the rain and mud. Before he could even react to it, a sharp hit his leg mid stride, which through the lotharro off, then a hand grabbed his ankle and changed his course if only for a little bit. Twisting into a rolling slide the necromancer slid across the mud allowing his body to stop once its momentum ended. Standing the Lotharro began laughing, pointing his great-sword at the figure in the rain. Well look who's being clever? I wasnt expecting that, this starting to be fun, making killing you worth my wile. Cervantez said, as he came running at the shieldbarer as best he could in the muddy landscape. Once he was 20 feet from the man, Cerv went into a sliding position, cocking the giant blade back and giving a low sweeping slash to the shielder's legs, trying to repay the man in kind for his earlier tactic. If it missed, Cerv would roll to his feet and prepare for another strike, or defend if the man came at him to attack in close quarters. Cerv was warmed up, and now the real fun was beginning. Now that the warm up is done, lets get serious. He said, his eerie green-blue flamed eyes burning through the rain.

word count: 296
William Dovecraft
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mercenary / Smith
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

After sending Cervantez flying into the mud by his side, he ended up on his front with his chin in the mud. Will spat the dirty dead earth from his mouth and looked back to assess the damage he’d wrought, slowly picking himself up with a grunt.

This time he had a better idea of how to stand, getting onto his legs with more momentum and facing the man on the hill as he rolled to his feet. Will knew he couldn’t advance on the Lotharro, but he noticed he had the high ground now - a better defensive position where that sword could be more easily blocked by the angle. However, Cervantez’ mutt was behind him. I need a way out of here, and fast.

Those terms of endearment did little to unsettle the boy, Will drawing his hammer and striking the tip of that giant sword with a clang, threatening to chip the blade with the force, even if he was just trying to judge the distance between them. “Bugger off!” he crowed, standing there in the rain as his familiar effortlessly climbed the sodden earth to join him by his side, only visible to him.

There’s an alley between some buildings at the bottom of the hill. Narrow enough for yourself and perhaps not his dog, Will’s soulful companion helpfully advised.

I just need some distance! Will thought, holding his shield steady at an angle so Cervantez would have to knock him off his feet again and punt him down the hill if he wanted to get by his guard. After all, the man was a brute. His skill wasn’t so great, unless he was just playing a game. Clearly no master at arms, and Will was warming to the feelings he gave off. The next time he slips up or knocks me down, I’m going down the hill, even if I have to roll.

word count: 330
Cervantez
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

☠ Current Thought: Fool

So he had the high ground now, and could brace himself for whatever the Lotharro brought his way. Cervantez didnt really give in to the Yari in his soul, to the Lotharro in his blood as he was more of a scholar than a warrior now a days. But this, this was fun, and he was actually enjoying the fight, despite the in-climate weather and his annoyance. He was actually very proud of himself, as he had been fighting the urge to summon a thrall from beneath their battleground, but it was not a fair fight, though when was a Yari ever fighting fair? Thats when he saw the hulking shadow in the rain. Njama had come to see what was going on, where his master had went. Though it seemed he had something in his mouth. Snapping his fingers, the beast dropped what was, and as it slid down the hill it was on a direct path for the shied bearer. If he wasnt careful the object would trample him. Seeing that Cerv went running towards the man, his mind figuring if the enemy thought the only threat was coming from the front, he wouldnt see the one coming from behind. It was a simple bait and switch tactic and either way Cerv hoped it would work. His run became a full sprint, his blade out at an angle to slice the man as the necromancer ran by. Swinging it, as he didnt truly care if it hit or not, as it was a simple diversion. Once at the top of the hill, he mounted Njama and raced back down to the bottom of the hill, just in time to see the result of his tactic.

Last edited by Cervantez on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 321
William Dovecraft
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mercenary / Smith
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

The dog. William was staring at the dog, which had come to join its master, standing behind him as he glanced over his shoulder after hearing its heavy snuffling pant. “Oh no.” It had something in its teeth, which it dropped, and began to roll. Whatever that is - His thought was interrupted, and instinct had him pushing against the sodden, slick earth into a hazardous, heavy hop. Will managed to bring his legs up and over, hitting the earth and falling into a wild slide as he drew his shield up. Sparks flew from the resultant bang as he slid by the Lotharro’s vengeful slash, and Will continued, shifting until his shield was flat against the mud and still racing down the hill, glancing over his shoulder as Cervantez and Njama’s looming figures disappeared into the night, the storm covering his tracks as he leaned to go faster. Oh shit. His form blew by stone grave markers, and he heard a nasty scrape against the bottom of his shield. I think I hit something - I hope it wasn’t a person. The hill slowed to a more gentle slope, and he, still moving, hopped to his feet and sprinted for the looming fence in the distance, hopping it and heading between a pair of mud huts, the alley so narrow that anyone bigger than he was would have to go around.

By the time he was done running, his lungs were burning, but he needed safety. He was covered, absolutely caked in mud. The rain was washing him off some, but he needed to find a place to wash his clothes. That tavern will do nicely. He ran inside, pushing open the door. “I need a place to hide, quick!”

The barkeep thought him a child, looking up from the glass he was washing. “Is that so, boy?” He allowed him to stay, hiding the fact that William was in the back room washing his clothes for the evening. William had never felt so relieved to be somewhere dry in his life, and the whole thing shook him up so bad he felt he wasn’t going to sleep a wink that night.

word count: 372
Cervantez
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

☠ Current Thought: DAMMIT

It was time to end this little farce, and Cerv was more than willing to put him out his misery. Unfortunately he was too fixated on cracking open the coffin to care what happened to the boy. He began hammering into the box with his great-sword, slicing through the wet wood. After sometime, he finally cracked the box open, and tore into the contents. Tossing the skeleton out from the box, he searched the coffin, but nothing was turning up for him. It was empty, and Cerv was starting to get hella pissed, his blood boiling. All that work for nothing, not only did he not find what he was looking for, but he allowed someone to interrupt his work and get away. Today was not his day, sulking in the rain, till Njama came and huddled over his master to try and keep him dry. Frustrated, he mounted his pet and set back out for town. Nothing about this day was good for him, and the more he thought about it the more his skin crawled. He at least learned something out of this ordeal, as there were people out there that felt that grave robbing was wrong. It made him wonder what other cultural taboos that Yaralon held that was different from others. In any case he brushed it off, not wanted to wallow in the failure of the day. Moving past the a local tavern he looked in, but kept going not wanting to be out in this rain any longer.

word count: 288
Oberan
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Full time nuisance
Renown: 292
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Review Rewards

Cervola

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:

Stealth: Using rain to cover your actions
Endurance: Fighting in In-climate Weather
Endurance: Moving in motion hindering substances
Endurance: Forcing yourself to move after pausing is more difficult.
Blades{Great-sword}: Great-swords have a greater force put behind them
Blades{Great-sword}: Attacks are naturally slow
Blades{Great-sword}: Strikes can send an opponent flying
Blades{Great-sword}: Great-swords have massive reach
Strength: Picking up a man by his skull
Strength: Wielding a Large weapon takes Strength
Acrobatics: Keeping upright on a slippery hill
Acrobatics: Using slides as a means of attack
Acrobatics: Keeping Balanced on a Slippery, unstable surface

Non-Skill Knowledges:
Blonde Boy{Will}: Is from another land
Blonde Boy{Will}: Is cunning
Blonde Boy{Will}: Is all talk, and minor bite
Blonde Boy{Will}: Has become an annoyance

Magic: No magic exp

Other: N/A

Blondie

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:

Discipline: Taking The First Step
Discipline: Fighting Back Against A Superior Foe
Tactics: Taking Higher Ground Against Longer Weapons
Detection: Seeing A Figure In the Dark Rain
Detection: The Sounds of a Dog Clawing Wood
Acrobatics: Hopping A Fence
Acrobatics: Walking In Slippery Mud
Acrobatics: Fighting on A Muddy Incline
Acrobatics: Picking Yourself Up From The Mud
Acrobatics: Sliding Down A Muddy Hill
Stealth: Hiding Out In A Safe Place
Stealth: Escaping Through A Narrow Point

Non-Skill Knowledges:
The Grave Digger: A Mage?
The Grave Digger: Has A Big Sword
The Grave Digger: Has A Big Dog
The Grave Digger: Is Big

Magic: No magic exp

Other: N/A

Notes:
Enjoyable fight with good writing from the both of you. I especially liked Will's initial reaction to encountering Cervantes, and the fact that he just ran away in the end. Cervantes' one-liners made me chuckle.

Cerv, be mindful of your grammar when writing dialogue. Also I noticed you didn't use quotation marks most of the times.

Your review request is here.
Please include the following stamp to your review request:

Code: Select all

[center][img]https://www.standingtrials.com/gallery/image/15001/medium[/img][/center]
If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to this review, feel free to PM.
word count: 369
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller | Capstones
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Yaralon”