• Event • The Devil in the Details

Yaralon is closed and may not be played in.
Alora
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Sorceress
Renown: 120
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: The Devil in the Details

This day that had begun so strangely appeared to bear no signs of slowing down as the Doorman revealed himself, going so far as to even name himself. That was helpful. Not that Alora cared much for the puzzle that prompted her on this adventure, but she figured she'd be a fool to discard the only clue she had to what was going on here.

She emerged from the brush, with her hands held up. "I will not take from the trees anymore than they can stand to lose. A fallen bough here or there won't be missed, I presume?" So saying, she lowered her hands and nodded at the little treeman, as well as the Doorman.

She listened to his rhyme, which issued in a sound that vaguely reminded her of the color of purple. "What the..."

The puzzle was becoming a lot less cryptic as each moment ticked by, and Alora didn't need to hear much more to understand the purple rhyme was a call to arms, against these demonic figures. She unslung her mace from her belt, and brandished it against this demon, attempting to assume a defensive posture. "I will help you, Doorman, as much as I can."

She rather hoped these trees weren't related to those that she'd nearly burned down in Bastard's Grove just a few dozen nights prior. At least then she'd doused that blaze with her newfound water affinity.

"Does this demon have a weakness? Where is the flower?"
word count: 262
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Timestamp

"I cannot freeth your friend. He ith back in the world beloweth. Aliveth."

The Doorman watched as Kanji took charge, pondering on the idea of distractions. With a forest at his disposal, there was much he might be able to do. The Doorman stomped the ground, and the moss there rippled. Stones came to life connected to one another by the moss and covered by it. They were not large beings, for they were shaped to look like Kanji. They ran after Kanji, and one touched the little treeman on the shoulder.

That touch bridged the connection needed. Kanji would be able to feel it. There was an ephemeral connection between the Tunawa and the twenty small golems that held his shape. They couldn't communicate themselves, but they were prepared to follow his commands and desires, able to do nearly anything he could do. Kanji was at war with a demon, and he would not be alone.

The demon turned when Kanji shouted at him. He glared with burning passion in his eyes. Its claws stretched, and from deep within it, a low, rumbling voice, more akin to a thundercloud than any living being. "What want you, child of spirit and invader? Why mention you the name of the monster enslaving this world?" He stepped toward Kanji, the moss igniting beneath the clawed feet. The demon was suspicious, but clearly not immediately considering attacking. "Why you, abomination, help those which twisted you and yours?"

Meanwhile, the Doorman looked at Alora, "Seemeth to me this not the place for you." A tree root reached up and yanked Alora down through the ground, dumping her somewhere back in Yaralon. Then the Doorman looked toward the heart of the forest, where Kanji and the Demon were, obscured by the forest. The Dooman took a deep breath, sighed, and began walking that way.
 ! Message from: Aegis
sorry for the delay, I'll be much more regular now that holidays are past. Just you and me now though Kanji.

word count: 356
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

As it has been 1 month since a PC has replied, I'm locking this. If you wish to continue it, PM me.
word count: 23
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Yaralon”