• Closed • Scandal

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus, Ghoul, Vorpal

Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Duke of Oakleigh
Renown: +454
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Scandal

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:03 am

Saun 2, Arc 718

Tristan Venora was happy. Visiting Scalvoris for a while had been the best decision that he could have made. Nobody wanted to kill mages here. Nobody wanted to kill him here. He could finally go for a walk without half a dozen bodyguards that were armed to the teeth because his enemies had all stayed in Rynmere. Only a single bodyguard was accompanying him this trial, mainly because he enjoyed her company. Lianne who walked next to him looked a lot like Ilaren, at least from a distance, and she shared his bed sometimes which was another thing that she had in common with the Immortal of Alcohol.

Tristan’s daughter Ayla who was approximately an arc and a half old, but looked like she was between three and four arcs of age, walked between them, holding her favourite doll, Millie, in her hand. The little girl looked adorable in her yellow sundress and with a matching bow in her hair, and she was the spitting image of the famous Faith Augustin apart from her eyes that were the same vibrant shade of blue as her father’s.

They were just strolling through the town square, looking at all the shops, when Ayla suddenly stopped dead in her tracks and refused to move even when Tristan tugged at her little hand. “Daddy, look!” she told him and pointed. Tristan turned his head and looked at the little café to their left and the people that were sitting at the tables right in front of it. ”They have ice cream! Can I have some ice cream, please? I want a whole bowl, with chocolate and vanilla ice cream and lots of strawberries and sprinkles! Can I have sprinkles, please?”

Tristan looked at Ayla and then at Lianne who seemed to be rather amused, and then he shrugged his shoulders and decided, “Sure, why not?” He didn’t normally give in to his daughter’s every wish as he didn’t want to spoil her too much, but it was rather hot, and he suddenly found himself craving a bit of ice cream as well.

A few bits later the three of them were sitting at a table underneath a big sun umbrella and watching the passersby while they were patiently for their ice cream to arrive. Well, at least Tristan and Lianne were waiting patiently. Ayla had gotten bored and put her doll that looked like a cute human girl apart from the fact that she had three eyes and a fluffy tail on the table in front of her. She was currently having her fight an enemy that only she could see and making all kinds of combat noises. Millie's enemy was losing, of course.
Last edited by Tristan Venora on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munchkin
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Race: Mer
Profession: Advocate Team Lead
Renown: 0
Office

Contribution

Staff

Re: Scandal

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:38 am

"Is that...hers?"

Voices, lots and lots of voices, spoke. It couldn't be, could it? After all, she had another man. But perhaps it was an uncle or a friend of some kind? Then again, why would it be a secret, and didn't she already have two children? Something was weird about it. Could the great...no. Not a chance in hell would she cheat on her lover. Would she? Not everybody was perfect, and maybe she had adultery on that list. Or worse. Maybe she _worshipped_ adultery, Edasha?

"There's no way she could worship Edasha, you stupid prick. But maybe 'e worships her. Manipulatin' her and shit!"

Lianne noticed first, the crowd slowly gathering. It was her job as a bodyguard after all. But of course, this was Tristan Venora, so the idea of a crowd was perhaps not a strange one. At least, when it was a few people that thought may cross the mind of Tristan or anyone else involved - or not. But the crowd, of course, cared little for who the man was. But the child, now that got their attention.

"Harold! He doesn't worship Edasha, by the love of Moseke. All Edasha worshippers are six feet and have bustling biceps, and chiselled abs and-"

Gradually the numbers rose, the conversations becoming harder to maintain as everyone excitedly looked at the young girl. It was clear that some level of interest was hard in her, their eyes taking her in with certainty. It had to be Faith's child. It had to be. How else could she look so identical? Eventually, the muttering turned to talking, and the attention became impossible to notice. More arrived, the real reason they were here finally exposed to Tristan as a loud man exclaimed.

"Hey! It really is Faith's!"
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Duke of Oakleigh
Renown: +454
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Scandal

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:38 am

At first, Tristan didn’t pay a lot of attention to the voices. He was mostly focused on Ayla and their delicious ice cream that had just arrived. Ayla’s ice cream looked especially interesting. It was covered with so many colourful sprinkles that you almost couldn’t see the ice cream underneath – which was just how the little Mortalborn liked it. She grabbed her spoon and started to dig in. Soon, her little face was smeared with ice cream, and she was grinning all over her face. She even tried to feed some ice cream to her doll – who refused of course. Millie was a fierce warrior, and she only ate raw meat!

The young duke only looked up from his food as the voices grew closer, and the crowd got bigger. At first, he simply took the people gathering around his table for fans. He was one of the most skilled sculptors in all of Idalos, and quite an excellent playwright on top of it, so he had a few of those. They didn’t ask for autographs though. Instead, they were discussing whether he was a follower of Edasha or not. He listened to them for a few moments, somewhat unsure as to whether he should be amused or insulted by the fact that they were criticizing his lack of muscles, and then he put his spoon down.

“I may not be a Blessed of Edasha, but I’ve been blessed by Zanik, the Immortal of Seduction and Vhalar, the Immortal of Art which should count for something”, he told them and pointed at the mark on his face just in case they didn’t believe him before he asked, “Could you enlighten me as to why you are so interested in my height and my muscles or the lack thereof though, gentlemen? I’m afraid that I’m somewhat confused”, he admitted. It was just then that he noticed something. They had stopped staring at him. Instead, they were all staring at his daughter who started to be a little uncomfortable and looked at all the strangers from out of her big blue eyes.

“She most certainly isn’t”, he informed them in no uncertain terms and pulled the little girl closer to him. “Her mother just happens to look like Faith. Faith and I never … well, we did, but that was a long time before she got married, and she didn’t get pregnant”, he told them, only realizing belatedly that admitting to having slept with Faith was likely quite counter-productive. He looked at Lianne and let out a sigh.

Return to “Scalvoris Town”