• Closed • The Living Among the Dead [Elyna]

Graveyard Meeting

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Quincy Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Wine Appraiser
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

The Living Among the Dead [Elyna]

She gave him a black look and he just grinned in response.

I can’t help it. She just sets herself up for these genuis quips. It’d be uncivilized to keep such hilarity to myself.

Quincy laughed at her retort.

“Ahhhh finally, she reacts!” He wiggled his eyebrows, teasing her. “I was beginning to think you didn’t like me. Ridiculous I know. It sounds silly to even me, saying it aloud.”

He ambled forward, pleased with himself as she grinned despite herself at his comment.

“Assume? No, I would never! I have all the proof I need! Just back there, when I was in mortal peril, unarmed, defenseless and at death’s door at the hand of this dangerous cretin, you saw my distress and in one glance was seduced by my charm and physical prowess, felt the deep urge to save me. The thought of losing such a magnificent creature such as myself, was more than your little heart could bear thus saving me in hopes of winning my undying love. It isn’t that complicated, my dear.”

Satisfied that he explained himself clearly, he listened to her response to his inquiry. The emotions he fought so hard to bury fought to betray him and he wrestled with them for a few moments.

“I…” He stopped, feeling his voice start to crack and swallowed. He felt his flippant attitude he fought so hard to portray slip, his vulnerability showing momentarily as tears sprung to his eyes. He blinked them back and cleared his throat. “I came here to visit my…my mother.”

For the first time since meeting Elyna, Quincy walked in silence. The weight of his mother’s memory rested heavily on his mind. No matter how much he tried to avoid it, it kept welling up. Something he didn’t think he would ever be able to escape.
word count: 320
Elyna
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Official Troublemaker
Renown: 231
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Elyna took a slow moment to examine the dangerous cretin. Still barely more than a boy, thin as a stick and just as deadly with the wrong intentions. There was no doubt he could have harmed them both with the sword, but probably more from rust poisoning than any real skill.

“Well, some say that the Seven provide in our time of need,” she returned, voice dry. She wasn’t prepared the respond to his comment about her undying devotion and love, instead she held back her smile. She was quickly glad that she hadn’t sent back a stinging retort, as the past clearly caught up with Quincy. He pulled on his sorrow like a cloak and she nodded.
There wasn’t much that she could say in response. But she reached out, touching a hand to his shoulder. She could sympathise with loss, and the despair that accompanied grief.

“Once we’ve dropped off our friend here,” she nudged the young man again but gently, spurring him onto towards the city. They weren’t too far off now, a few bits more would see them within the wall and almost in sight of the garrison, “we could go find something a bit more palatable than your hip flask there?” She offered, “I know something about drowning sorrows?”
Last edited by Elyna on Tue May 17, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 219
Quincy Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

The image of his mother’s face haunted him. Her smile, her laugh, memories kept coming to his mind, the depression gripping him in its claws. Even arcs after her passing, he still couldn’t seem to move on with his life. She had been such a large part of it, the only one in his family he really felt a connection with. She pushed him to better himself, pursue his passions but with her gone, so were those aspirations and motivation to continue on.

He felt like a machine, programmed to do what it was created to do. Only when alcohol ran through his veins did he feel able to break free of that prison and be his own person. But eventually the buzz wore off and he was right back where he started.

He felt Elyna’s hand on his shoulder, startling him out of his reveries.

Can’t a man mourn in peace without women just throwing themselves at him in his time of vulnerability?

However, Quincy reached up his hand to hold Elyna’s. He would walk beside her, holding her hand if she didn’t resist and sigh dramatically.

“I suppose I could drink a bottle or two with you. However, you’ll have to forgive me if I have no idea where to go. I don’t spend much time down…here.”

He scrunched his face slightly as though he had bitten into something spoiled, leaving a bad taste in his mouth. Quincy gestured towards the city with a small flourish of his free hand.

“Lead the way my delightful wall flower. Let us drink our sorrows under the table.”
word count: 283
Elyna
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Official Troublemaker
Renown: 231
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Elyna patted his shoulder once more before retrieving her fingers, pulling her hand back, “hold on here…I need to hand over our friend here,” she gestured to nondescript building and left Quincy behind, taking the young would-be mugger inside. It took the best part of a half break to complete the paperwork and leave the young man behind. Exiting once more, she dusted off her hands and pushed them into the pockets of her jerkin. It was easy to spot the son of Andaris and she crossed to him, wearing a small smile.

“We could go to the Inn?” She suggested, “there isn’t much in the way of good liquor here and I can’t help but think you’re a man of finer tastes,” the smile turned wry and she spread an arm out to the side, pointing the way back up the road that led most directly to midtown.

“You can tell me all about your sorrows…”

Delightful wall flower, she glance at him sideways as they walked. Had his parents dropped him on his head as a baby?
word count: 192
Quincy Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Elyna pulled her hand free of his grasp.

Touchy, touchy.

He grinned at her impishly, feeling the hard alcohol make his vision start to swim a little. The day had definitely turned out different than expected. He had planned on grieving over his mother and then returning home and drinking himself into oblivion. But instead he had met a beautiful woman (not a whore), protected her from scum and villainy and would now proceed to drink their night away.

At least this way I’m not drinking alone.

He was a tad wary about where she was taking him, however. Based on her attire, he didn’t think they would be visiting any of the fancier restaurants. She didn’t even seem to be able to purchase a decent set of clothes much less a bottle of wine.

I suppose I can drink cheap for the evening…Get a feel for how the peasants live...

The thought made him cringe. But he would do it for the sake of alcohol. Maybe cheap boozes got you drunk faster, hence the commoner’s purchasing it…

Quincy waited as Elyna turned over the criminal, growing impatient as he waited outside. She finally emerged from the building and suggested a place to drink. He gave her a side long glance.

“The Inn….riiiiiight.” Ahh, what the heck. Why not. “Yeah sure. Sounds…delightful.”

Quincy gestured in front of them gallantly, letting her lead the way.

The evening, he hoped, would make for an interesting tale.
word count: 258
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Rumour's Review

Quincy Andaris

Skills

Skills:
  • Observation: 5
  • Performing: 4
  • Rhetoric: 3
  • Storytelling: 2
  • Etiquette: 1
  • Acting: 1
  • Socialization: 1

Knowledge

Basic Knowledge:
  • Mary Elizabeth Andaris: 662 – 712 Arc, beloved mother and wife
  • Elyna: Skyrider
  • Elyna: Sky ‘rider’?
  • Peasants: Dress poorly

Specialized Knowledge:
  • Mary Elizabeth Andaris: Died on the 3rd of Ashan
  • Mary Elizabeth Andaris: Favourite flower was tulips
  • Elyna: Paid to be ‘concerned’
  • Acting: How to hide emotions

Loot & Consequences

Congratulations! You've received:
  • A hangover when you wake up on the 4th of Ashan, 716

Comments

Quincy is hilarious! Some of those comments made me laugh out loud. Your writing is such a pleasure to read. I particularly enjoyed the mixture of humour and seriousness that Quincy moved between in this thread. He's a surprisingly tragic character, all things considered.

(Quick reminder: Don't forget to update your thread list on your CS!)

Overall, this thread was wonderful fun. I really enjoyed reading the interactions between the two characters, especially knowing OOC that Elyna is also a noble. I can only imagine the hijinks that ensued later in the evening. Looking forward to your next thread!

Elyna

Skills

Skills:
  • Socialization: 3
  • Observation: 2
  • Unarmed Combat: 1
  • Intimidation: 1
  • Rhetoric: 1

Knowledge

Basic Knowledge:
  • Quincy Andaris: Nobleman
  • Quincy Andaris: Rude
  • Quincy Andaris: Mother Died

Specialized Knowledge:
  • Quincy Andaris: Clever, but a bit eccentric
  • Disguise: How to be mistaken for a harlot

Loot & Consequences

N/A

Comments

Elyna, Elyna, Elyna. Why do you put up with this clown? ;)

I felt Elyna's reactions to Quincy's nonsense were very appropriate for her character. This can be hard to do, so well done! It's always a pleasure to read your threads. As a side note, I hope you write more about the NPC that Elyna went to visit at the graveyard.

Overall, this thread was wonderful fun. I really enjoyed reading the interactions between the two characters, especially knowing OOC that Elyna is also a noble. I can only imagine the hijinks that ensued later in the evening. Looking forward to your next thread!

If you feel I've missed any skills or knowledge, or if you have any questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Thank you!

xoxo
word count: 399

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”