• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: News & New Features!

Hello people,

We've developed a short blurb about Siege Weaponry combat to the combat guide. Here it is: wiki/index.php?title=Category:Combat#Siege_Weaponry:

We've also added details to how siege combat works to each skill tier from novice to tier 2.

That's all, thanks for your attention!
word count: 53
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Event: Craft of Dreams

Hello All! In honor of Tech Guy, we've decided to run an event dedicated to fixing small problems in your characters' lives. Here is the sign-up for the event, which will begin in July.

Thanks!

word count: 41
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Mortalborn Change
Heya!

We had an old and outdated rule in Mortalborn, namely that a new MB could choose to either have three abilities they were aware of / which had manifested - or they could have 25 Racial Bonus. This meant that, in reality, many / most MB started with LESS skill points than the average new pc.

That - coupled with the fact that people can now become MB mid-life, means that it is not equitable to take the 25 RB from folks.

Therefore - PC MBs who were created as MB and didn't have the 25 RB XP can now take that - if you're using the XP pool / XP bars - it's included in your 107 which you've been awarded from Tech Guy. If you're still keeping your own lists, then please just link back to this thread and have the 25 XP back.

Thanks!

word count: 148
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Forum Reshuffle
As per the discussion on the boards this season, I've just (I think) completed the Forum Reshuffle. You will see that the forums now look different.

You'll see that, if you use the drop down breadcrumb menu, our forums are now separated into the three

> IC Forums
>OOC Forums
> Support Forums

IC is no longer split by the "districts / areas" of previously. It is designated by continent as identified in the mapImage.

First level of separation, though, is which forums are Moderated, and which aren't.

If an area is Moderated, then the forums look like this:
They're in alphabetical order, and are formatted by
Continent: Area of that continent: Name

If areas / cities are unmoderated, they look like this:
The continent is identified, and that's it. The old "wilderness" forums" have become simply places to store lore threads for areas with no forum.

At the same "level" as Moderated and Unmoderated, you'll see there's a forum for "Wilderness & Seas" - this is for all those travel threads which fall outside of existing city / area forums, or travel by air or sea. In here is also our "Letters from Afar" forum, as letters go from one end of Idalos to the other.

And then, there's the adult section.

We discussed this at some length and I want to thank everyone who took part in that discussion. Change is not an easy thing, and we like things to stay the way we know. However, I genuinely believe that this will make things so much easier for new players. If a city becomes moderated / unmoderated or moves from unmoderated to closed, that forum will move on the next cycle change, usually.

Cycle change in a few hours! :D

Best

Pegs.

word count: 295

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Hello, my fellow PCs :lol:

We've introduced two new medals. They are:

Image - Approved Characters get a medal for getting approved now!
Image - One for Wiki Workers!! It's a PNG, how special is that?

That's all!

word count: 36
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Hello fellow PCs:

There are some new player notes on Tunawa, clarifying several aspects of their being. Also, there's a new experimental method to initiate Tunawa into magic! Have a read on these changes in: wiki/index.php?title=Category:Tunawa#Player_Notes
word count: 44
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Clarification!
So - as we get used to the new system - we find things that need doing!

In order to make sure that those of us who use the XP bars etc can keep our tallies up to date - we've put the following in place

Effigy!
In the Dragon Effigies page, we've added a section explaining how to buy effigy powers.

Languages
Same thing but Languages .

Hope that clarifies things for folks!

Best

Pegs.

word count: 75

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Hello players,

Staff has voted and opted to unify the various review queues into the main one. This means for the AF requests, that the content of the requests (not the thread itself however) must be safe for work, PG-13, and not vulgar. The rules for what can be in a thread for the adult forum have not changed, however.

This only means that request forms sent along to the main queue from here must not contain adult content themselves.

Tier 2 requests should be clearly marked as Tier 2 on their request form, and sent to the main queue.

Thank you.
word count: 103
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Hello my fellow PCs,

We're rolling out knowledge things tomorrow for the UCP. This means if you haven't already but have been meaning to, you should update your knowledges in the skill tab, and it'll all be autoimported.

You have until tomorrow.

If you don't get to it in time, we'll have a guide up on how to manually input your own knowledges.

Have fun!
word count: 70
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Knowledge, notes and the bottom of your post.....
Four things today - I'll do the "small" ones first.

Notes
The notes feature (accessed via UCP>Character>Character Notes) now has a word count per note. This was done at the request of a player, and is a really useful addition! Thanks for the suggestion, Darius!

Bottom of your post
The display at the bottom of your post now more clearly shows the different "sections". So, now, rather than saying
word count: 448 Skills used (0) Knowledges being claimed (2)
it will display
word count: 442 | Skills used (0) | Knowledges being claimed (2)
Again, this was a player suggestion / request. Thanks to Darius for suggesting it - it looks much better!

Knowledge BB Code
We have added a "level" field to the [knowledge bb code. When you want to claim a knowledge in a thread, wrap this code around the text which roughly shows where the knowledge is being claimed. Obviously, you'll need to close out the [ ] at the end of the code.

By putting "[knowledge" then you are identifying this as knowledge/ This has three fields - and they are:
skill= skill= must be used. It identifies which skill you are claiming this knowledge for.
level= level= is optional. If you put it in, then your level, in the review request it will identify this as a skill you've used. You can also achieve this by having the
name= name= is optional. If you put it in then you should follow it with what you want the knowledge to say. If you don't put it in, then your knowledge will default to the text you've wrapped around.
So - here is an example. Here are four ways of combining these tags:

These produce the following:

Knowledge
And - we have an automated knowledge system!

Once you have claimed knowledge (via the [knowledge system), then the Peer Reviewer is able to award it to you. When they do - it stores it in your "Knowledges" section of the UCP Character tab (linked to the thread and with the text if it's named), and it increases the number of knowledge you have in that skill by the correct amount in your skill bars.

For existing knowledge - if you have put the number of knowledge you have in a skill into your bars - that ports across to numbered knowledge. You can:
1. Edit this to transfer your named knowledges across.
2. Leave it as numbered and keep a record of the named ones in your CS.

You can no longer "add" knowledge via your skill bar (but you can do so in the 'Knowledges' section). However, this is one at a time. We can add "bulk" numbers if needed in one of two ways:
1. via the PSF if you need us to. Just start a ticket.
2. via review request. If you're claiming a skill knowledge - for example - you could add in a note linking to your CS and asking the Peer Reviewer to add the appropriate number of knowledges in that one skill.

When we (mods / peer reviewers) award the knowledge via this system, it gives us the code to place this into a review. You'll still receive a review, as normal.

Still Being Worked On!
We're aware that there are a few things which still need doing with the skills / knowledge / exp system. Things like
  • Mount skill
  • 1h/2h and dual wield
  • Tier 2
  • XP over 250 (from renown and / or blessings)
  • Identifying number of capstones
We needed to get knowledge in place before doing these, so we can now focus on them.

Review Requests
This whole automated skill / knowledge system is optional, entirely. As a mod, it is saving me enormous amounts of time (and the feedback from others is the same), and I have to say - as a player it is too. The ability to be able to just keep track of my knowledge as I post and then not have to go back through - not have to spend however long getting people to send me their skills used / knowledge requests (or them to wait for me to do mine) is fantastic. However, I say again, it's entirely optional to use it or not.

However, since we have gone to 1 review queue please use the "Request an XP Review" button at the bottom of each thread. Using that button - even if you've used no part of the system - saves peer reviewers and mods time and makes things easier for us. Thank you.

Peer Reviewers I've added a "Guide to Awarding Knowledge" to the Guide in the Peer Reviewer / Wiki Worker Forum .

Thanks all!
word count: 782

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”