Suggestion Box

Put your suggestions here, please

If there any issue or bugs seen on the site or happening around the site, please post those issues in this forum to notify an admin of the issues.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Suggestion Box

Got A Suggestion?

Hi there,

Originally, this was pioneered by Jade and so all kudos to her on such a great idea. If you have a suggestion for ST moving forward which you'd like to post then please do so here!.

We will respond to all suggestions which are made in a way which is not bashing, trolling etc. If you've got a suggestion for the site, then please let us know - but anything which is inappropriate, then it will not get aired. As suggestions get made, we'll post them below with responses. Thanks!

word count: 97
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Munchkin
General Staff
Race: Mer
Profession: Former Advocate, Current Cool Dude
Renown: 0
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Suggestion Box

Hello all,

Some of you may have been aware that the post above used to contain a link to an anonymous suggestion box, usable by players to post suggestions about the website and how we can improve it. Unfortunately, this has been abused, and has been used as a way of players going after members of staff and, in turn, breaching our Terms of Use.

As such, we are removing the option of anonymous suggestions and will instead unlock this thread so that players can post to it and make their suggestions known. We see no benefit to people with constructive suggestions being anonymous, and as such we offer this thread or private messages for people to post their ideas in. This will prevent Terms of Use breaches and will allow others to see your suggestions, potentially offering inspiration for their own ideas.

Thank you to everyone that has made helpful suggestions, and we look forward to hearing from you again!
word count: 161
Maltruism
General Staff
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Suggestion Box

Yes,

Once again a well intended effort has been undermined by a coward taking reprehensibly vile shots from the safety of their firewall.
It would be nice to see this internet weasel show enough courage to actually reveal their identity.
I might then actually have cause to have the least measure of respect for them.
But no, that would take integrity, wouldn't it?
I mean, if they're so sure that their opinion is valid, shouldn't they assume they'll get support from the majority of players?

I mean, if the horrible, self-serving transgressions of the hardest working mod on the site are so plainly obvious as to merit such malicious drivel, come on out in the open with it.

Is it possible that you're NOT sure everyone will agree? And you're really just an immature punk recognizing an opportunity to take cheap shots at someone who has worked harder, and earned more, than you?

You know, the kind of shots worthy of your value as a human being?.....cheap
word count: 175
Oberan
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Full time nuisance
Renown: 292
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Suggestion Box

Heya,

could we get a button in the header that takes us to the "your posts" section immediately? It's just a minor quality of life thingy, but I kind of find it annoying to have to go through the quicklinks menu every time.

Thanks.
word count: 45
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller | Capstones
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Have requested this. Will let you know / keep you updated!
word count: 10

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

And done as part of the improvements to the top menu bar!
word count: 12

Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

This is just a thought but maybe customizable tabs? I would appreciate being able to change the color of tabs so they don't have to be white all the time.
 ! Message from: Pegasus
Tech support has changed the tabs so that they are more aesthetically pleasing, but making them customizable, like tables, would take a lot of work. He'll have it as a back-burner project, but it's not likely to happen quickly, if it happens at all.
word count: 81
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Devin
Approved Character
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Dear Prophets,

ST has a few unwritten rules. Experienced players usually know them, but they can be quite frustrating to newer players.

It doesn’t say that not all knowledges you request in a review request can be for the same skill (one knowledge must be for a different skill), for example. This should be added to the Review Request thread.

The way domain magic level-ups are being handled poses a problem as well, as far as I am concerned:

In my opinion going back to approving domain magic level-ups via the PSF (and perhaps asking mages to hold off posting any further review requests in which they request magic xp until their level-up was approved) would be a good idea.

It’s actually faster (it often takes a week or more for a review request to be processed), besides, the fact that peer reviewers review at different speeds poses a problem. Recently, there was a situation where the domain magic level-up was not approved yet which caused reviewers to deny magic xp requests that were further down the queue. The player in question was forced to repost his review request and eventually ended up leaving ST out of frustration.

We need to explain better what magic level-ups look like and when exactly you go about requesting a level-up. Experienced players usually know, new players often don’t (I talked to one of them). In my opinion the following things should be added:

1) A level-up thread is the thread whose experience points will take you to 26+ points in your chosen magic (or 76+ or 151+).
2) That means that you usually request a level-up when you are at 20 to 25 points in your chosen magic (or 70 to 75 or 145 to 150).
3) You don’t have to do anything special in a level-up. You just need to use domain magic abilities that correspond to your skill level.
word count: 331

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Hi Devin - thank you for this you raise some interesting points. I hope, really hope that we are moving away from unwritten rules and being more and more transparent. I've put together a 'plahers guide to magic' which staff are currently commenting on in the staff forums. It should be released in the next day or two. When we get it out I'd really appreciate players looking over it and suggesting anything I missed.

I'm going to take your points and rIse them in staff forums. Thank you so much for them!
word count: 95

Oberan
Approved Character
Profession: Full time nuisance
Renown: 292
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Okay, so firstly, I would like to say I think Devin has good ideas and points out various problems --especially with the hidden rules. However, I do disagree with some of them.

PSF would perhaps be faster, and better, agreed, but on the other hand, you have to take into account that the mods are also busy people. If they have to look over and approve every level-up request coming their way, it would consume quite a lot of time. Especially at the lower magic ranks, where players reach the next level rather quickly. The problem you speak of was a bit of an outlier because the player in question had written up a whole lot of magic threads and posted them all at once in the queue. In most cases, there's no 10+ threads of the same PC to be reviewed in a row. It's because there was no 'buffer' between the magic threads that this problem was a problem at all, causing several of his magic threads to be rejected at once by different reviewers. Additionally, as far as I know, no level up for that player's magic was requested, despite the player's level in said magic, which is another reason for the situation happening. Lastly, there's different opinions between reviewers as to what has to be done to level up in magic during a magic thread. Which leads me to the main reason I've come here.

I disagree with Devin's 3rd point. Strongly even.

As far as I know, progressing through the different tiers in domain magic is a result of the player pushing the spark to its limit. Thus, it makes no sense not to 'do anything special' during a level up thread. I think, especially when the player is at the end of their tier, they should indeed do something they haven't done before, something that warrants growth. It doesn't really matter to me if this means that the player has to use abilities of their level in a way that challenges them, or if it means that they have to use abilities from the next tier as a way of signifying their growth, but I feel that just doing basic stuff to level up in magic is not the way to go since it goes against the lore. While it really doesn't matter which method of level up is integrated in the game, the staff has to absolutely make sure that all peer reviewers are on the same page, and that players know about the correct way to level up as well. I've noticed during a discussion with another reviewer that we both interpreted what was required to level up in magic differently, so it certainly wouldn't hurt to make the wording of the guides a little clearer when it comes to that particular subject.

Personally, I would suggest that players have to reach the end of their tier (at 25, 75, and 150 points) before they can be allowed to level up. Once there, they should push their limit by using techniques from the next tier --in small amounts still, if they don't want to overstep-- to signify that their spark has grown. In essence, this thread would represent the time where a mage is between tiers, already too powerful for their current tier, but not powerful enough to handle the next without some difficulty. If you go weight lifting you can't train with 20kg for a month, and suddenly be able to lift 100kg one day. Just like you need to build up to that point, challenge yourself by gradually increasing the weights until you get to that 100kg, so too should a mage's spark gradually learn to cope with greater ether expenditure, more difficult techniques, etc, and grow because of it. This level up thread in between tiers should then be representative of this process. Until this thread is graded, and the level up is achieved, I too think it would be best to hold off on posting additional magic threads in the queue so the speed of the reviewer doesn't impact whether or not their subsequent magic threads are rejected or not.

That's just what I think, though.

----
I'd also like to suggest a button in the "your posts" section of the site, with a link to the forum the threads are posted in, like we had on the previous version of the site. What I mean is that if you've, for example, posted in the reviewer's section --like this:
Image --there's an "in <reviewer's section>" (where the <> is a link to that forum) next to the name of the person who posted the thread. I can't speak for everyone else, but I personally use the "my posts" section as the central hub of the site, from where I go to the forums I've posted in. Without this link, I have to first open a thread, and then go to the forum. It's not that big of a deal, but it would make navigation a little easier.
---
And I just noticed this, but I can't seem to upload images in the gallery anymore? Or maybe I just don't know how this one works. That's also very possible.
word count: 895
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller | Capstones
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Bugs & Suggestions”