• Closed • An Unusual Occurrence

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus, Ghoul, Vorpal

Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Duke of Oakleigh
Renown: +454
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

An Unusual Occurrence

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Ymiden 30, Arc 718

It had been a while since Tristan had gone anywhere alone. He didn’t particularly care about etiquette and such and that it wasn’t proper for one of the most powerful men in Rynmere to just go for a walk, but some of his subjects still wanted him dead, and he wasn’t interested in dying anytime soon, and thus he had always taken his bodyguards along when he had been in Oakleigh. Here, in Scalvoris, nobody knew him though, apart from Faith and Padraig and that savage that he had first met in Andaris. For that reason, he had asked Lianne, his chief bodyguard and occasional lover, to take care of his little daughter and left the house that he had rented for the duration of his stay on the island in the direction of the Sweetwine Woods.

It was a beautiful morning. The sky was a clear blue, and the sun was shining. It was warm, but not warm enough for him to start sweating. As he walked through the city and finally left the gates behind, he felt all the worries that had troubled him for the past couple of cycles disappear one by one. He stopped thinking about Aelig, the Immortal that had tried to make Faith’s and his life miserable, King Cassander and all of his terrible decisions, his subjects and his murderous cousin Pythera. Even Padraig who had become his alchemy tutor through some terrible twist of fate didn’t bother him anymore. He was completely calm and relaxed. He hadn’t felt that good in over an arc!

Since he had become a Duke he had had barely any time for his art – there had constantly been a different issue that needed his attention or somebody that wanted his advice – but Hart was taking care of Oakleigh during his absence, and he was free. Immediately upon arriving on the island, he had taken up sculpting and writing again, and he had continued his crossbow practice as well. In fact, his crossbow was strapped across his back now, mostly so that he would have something to defend himself with in case he ran into trouble. The foremost purpose of his little foray into the forest was to find materials that he would be able to use for his sculptures, branches, moss and such though. He had gotten tired of always using stone.

Tristan had taken a large backpack that he would be able to put said materials into with him, and he was wearing a fancy red leather jacket instead of the black clothes that he had been wearing for the past couple of seasons because he didn’t have to mourn anybody or protest again any unfair laws here. The only thing that he had to do on Scalvoris was to enjoy himself.

And he was enjoying himself immensely!

Under a tree he could see a few pine cones that looked quite nice. He grabbed them and put them into his backpack, and then he continued to search the forest, a wide smile on his face. He didn’t plan on going home again until he had found something extraordinary!
Last edited by Tristan Venora on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Munchkin
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Race: Mer
Profession: Advocate Team Lead
Renown: 0
Office

Contribution

Staff

An Unusual Occurence

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Tristan Venora
Modded Thread
30th Ymiden, 718
As Tristan walked on, something just didn't seem right.

As the man made his way deeper in to Sweetwine, a place that was beautiful in it's usual state, it was as if the time around him changed. With each row of trees he stepped past came another row, this time with a different shade of green. What started as beautiful, light green slowly changed color to a more dull and plain green, before turning to a crispy brown. What started with trees full of leaves slowly became those that had leaves falling off of them. Hot temperatures cooled to a nicer degree, yet the sun still stayed up above in the sky, beautiful rays coating the woods and beaming down through branches. Yet with further observation, it seemed that the sun was beaming down on one person in particular. Tristan Venora.

As he stepped the light followed, even when he found himself in shade, it lit him up while the rest of the world just didn't seem as bright. It wasn't hideous or sinister looking, nor was it dark at all, but all of the light stemmed from Tristan Venora himself in a way that just hadn't been there before. This remained for a bit or two, until the man heard a sound, one that would be comfortable and familiar to him - the stranger had no doubt. Stone being sculpted, the sound of a chisel bringing shape to something, creating a depiction of what the stranger saw. Closer and closer the man would find himself to the sound of sculpting, no matter which way he turned, until Tristan and the Stranger could finally see one another eye to eye.

His hair flowed long, a nice change in the cooler air he had brought down upon the man he'd been watching closely. His chiseled body remained the same and, aside from some trousers, was free for any to see. It would be such a shame to waste this beautiful weather by wearing thick and uncomfortable clothes for the sake of it, the Stranger considered. But he had to stop his train of thought, as the man known as Tristan Venora arrived - just in time, might he add. Of course it had all been planned, but there was no way Tristan would know that. This stranger had wanted to meet the Venoran for a long time, since the noble had found himself to be an artist and had expressed all of his creativity through sculpting, among other things.

"Hello" he simply spoke, before putting down his chisel and glancing over to the noble with a curious eye. On the opposing side of the sculpture, the side that had yet to be sculpted, was a spare seat with a chisel resting on it. As the stranger attempted to stand, it could be noticed that he had some difficulty in doing so. His leg seemed hurt, though not recently, but with a small limp to it as he rose from his stool and gave a small bow to the noble. It was only proper, after all, and he was sure he would receive the same respect from Tristan if he felt it worthy. Though, it had to be said, the stranger wasn't going to be offended if Tristan did not bow in return. What a petty thing to be upset over, he thought.

"I have been expecting you, Tristan Venora, Duke of Oakleigh. Would you be so kind as to sit with me? I struggle to stand for too long, and it was a long walk here."
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

An Unusual Occurence

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:16 am

As Tristan ventured deeper into the forest, he noticed that something wasn’t quite right, but then again, when had his world ever been right in the past arc or two? The world being completely normal and following all the laws of nature would have been more unusual, although he had to admit that the leaves of the trees around him changing from green to brown, as if all of Idalos had decided to move from summer to fall in an instant was pretty extraordinary. He immediately took some of them and stuffed them into his pack because they would look spectacular on a fall-themed sculpture and because he wanted to see if they would retain their color if he left the forest again.

He had taken his jacket off shortly after leaving Scalvoris Town, but it was relatively cool in this forest, so he put it on again. He didn’t mind the change in temperature at all, on the contrary, he welcomed it because he had never been able to tolerate heat particularly well. After a moment he noticed another thing that was slightly out of the ordinary – the sunlight seemed to be following him, even when he stepped into the shade, as if the sun was shining for him and only for him. He decided that he really liked that. The sunlight was warm and pleasant, and it felt pretty nice, too. He hadn’t experienced enough nice things since he had become a Duke.

He didn’t have a lot of time to think about the special treatment that he was receiving from the sun though. Before long, he could hear a sound coming from somewhere deeper in the forest, a sound that reminded him of one of his favourite activities, and he quickened his pace because he wanted to find out what it was all about. Soon he found himself facing the Stranger. The young Duke looked at him for a moment before he came closer, smiling all over his face. Another man might have been wondering why the Stranger was making a sculpture in the middle of the forest, but not Tristan Venora.

He often created his art in unusual places as well. To him what the Stranger was doing was perfectly normal.

“Hello”, he returned his greeting. He was about to tell the Stranger that there was no need to stand, especially since he seemed to be in pain, and that etiquette was overrated anyway, but the other man was too fast. As he bowed, Tristan bowed as well because he was polite to everybody that was polite to him, regardless of their station, and it was the least that he could do. He set his pack and his crossbow down on the ground next to him before he turned to take a seat. As he did so, he noticed the second chisel. He took it and eyed it with curiosity before he turned to face the Stranger once more.

“You’ve been expecting me?” he asked and raised an eyebrow questioningly. “Are you a friend of Faith’s? Did she tell you that I would be here to-trial? What kind of sculpture are you making, by the way, if you don’t mind the question? I can help you. I’m a sculptor myself”, he offered and cast a glance at the Stranger’s work before he looked at the chisel in his hand again. It almost seemed as if the other man had been waiting for somebody that would be willing to help him to come his way. That was definitely unusual, he decided, but then again, his entire life was unusual at this point.
Munchkin
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Office

Contribution

Staff

An Unusual Occurence

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Tristan Venora
Modded Thread
30th Ymiden, 718
As Tristan gave a hello, the stranger allowed a small but warm smile to spread across his face. At this distance the noble might notice the smell associated with the man. It was as if every memory he had of the rebirth cycle from his childhood had come back, any smell he might associate with it that was pleasant. All around was a gentle warmth, not one that was too hot yet nothing too cold either, the perfect temperature. It was as the stranger willed it to be for the comfort of his guest, a guest that he took great interest in after all. It wasn't like the man went after just anyone, but Tristan Venora was different. It couldn't, he thought, be a better match.

"Yes, Sir Venora. I've been expecting you for a short time, though it was not to do with the Nardovino girl. While she is a fascinating, and albeit heroic, young woman - she is not the reason I search for you" he admitted to the man, smile remained on his face. When Tristan asked about the sculpture the man looked to it and his smile brightened ever so slightly. "I am sculpting a man. Just a simple, standard man - with no specific features about him. Stale, I know. But that, Tristan Venora, is where you come in to this equation - and why I have waited so long just to have the pleasure of meeting you."

While Tristan would have no idea the man had been watching, it was beyond true. Many had been interested in Tristan Venora, be they mortal, Immortal, mage or other beings. He'd spent a long time and lived many journeys through the time he had spent, and his talents were hard to ignore, as well as some of the choices he made. But of all of them, this stranger was the most intrigued. Not only were his artistic pieces stunning, and his passion beyond grateful, but his heart had proven itself more than once as the kind and forgiving that the world needed sometimes. He was, the Stranger believed, perfect for the world as it was.

His hand traced over his half of the sculpture, which was admittedly very well done, with no notable errors even in the eyes of someone so talented at Sculpting as Tristan. As he did so, smaller features began to create themselves, finer details - and the man changed. His sculpted hair became long and wavy, his outfit changed ever so slightly and the half of the sculpture that had been sculpted before changed to have a new and beautiful detail - one that was familiar. It was, very clearly, a sculpture of Tristan himself. Yet the other half of it remained untouched, still just a block of stone waiting to be sculpted in to art.

"Now, as you can probably tell I have sculpted you - but only half of you" the Immortal said, gesturing. "I want you to follow my lead, Duke of Oakleigh. But instead of the other half being what you look like outside - I want it to reflect what you are like on the inside."
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

An Unusual Occurence

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:16 pm

As he stood face to face with the Stranger, Tristan finally noticed the smell. It was unlike anything that he had ever smelled on a human being – or near one – before. The smell reminded him of home, of the Rebirth Cycle in Sabaissant where he had grown up, of a happier, simpler time, of the grass in the garden where he had spent so much time, of the flowers and the delicious smell of cake drifting through the open kitchen window. There was even a hint of his mother’s perfume. He couldn’t help but sigh wistfully, but that moment of wistfulness didn’t last long. There was something about this place that just made him so comfortable. It was neither too warm nor too cold, but just all-around pleasant.

As the Stranger told him that it didn’t have to do anything with Faith, Tristan looked at him in confusion. There were only three people on all of Scalvoris that knew who he was and that he was here, so if Faith hadn’t told the Stranger about him, who had it been then? Padraig? He doubted that the man would be as friendly if he had talked to Faith’s husband. Padraig seemed to dislike him no matter what he did. He was confused! The conversation turned to the Stranger’s sculpture though, and he decided to leave the matter, at least for the time being. It was not that important, especially not when he could talk about art instead!

“Simple doesn’t automatically equal stale”, he pointed out. “Sometimes the simplest works of art are also the most beautiful ones.” Having said that, he leaned forward so that he could take a closer look. “You are quite talented”, he decided, which was not flattery, but nothing but the truth. The Stranger’s sculpture was absolutely flawless. “In fact I couldn’t have done it …” He had wanted to tell the Stranger that even he couldn’t have done it better, even though he was one of the greatest sculptors on Idalos, but he broke off abruptly as the sculpture in front of him began to change. “That’s me!” he blurted out, and his eyes widened in surprise. How could that be?

“Why does it suddenly look like me?” he wanted to know, deciding that the situation was finally getting a bit too strange for him to keep his mouth shut and simply go with the flow. “I’m not sure what I look like on the inside”, he murmured. He had never engaged in self-introspection, at least not to a greater extent, and he was at a complete loss for a moment before he simply got to work. He decided to let his chisel and his hammer guide him and see what happened. After a few trills they came to the surface, all of the feelings that nobody but Faith, not even Valeria, had any inkling existed, his desire for peace and for honesty in a world that seemed to be full of lies, all of his joy and his pain, all of his love and his wish to be forgiven because he had kept the woman that he had loved more than anything else in the world as a slave and not realized his mistake until it had been too late.

His half of the sculpture was not spectactularly different from the Stranger’s, but there was an intensity to it that few that looked at him ever noticed. Most people thought that Tristan Venora was nothing but a spoiled brat that didn’t care about anything but alcohol, women and fine clothes and that had gotten his duchy through a stroke of luck and was blind to what his friend, the king, did. He wasn’t. On the contrary, he was utterly aware of what the world was like. He just didn’t know how he’d be able to fix it.

After a moment he looked up at the Stranger, almost shyly – which was slightly out of character for him - and then he smiled and asked, “What do you think?” The other man’s opinion mattered to him – because it was his sculpture – and because he had never created something that personal before. As he looked at him expectantly – and hopefully – he realized that, while the Stranger knew who he was, he didn’t have any idea who he was facing. A part of him was, he had to admit, quite curious, even though he wasn’t sure if it really mattered, but the sculpture was more important right now.
Munchkin
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Office

Contribution

Staff

An Unusual Occurence

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Tristan Venora
Modded Thread
30th Ymiden, 718
"I understand your confusion, but fear not, Tristan Venora" the Stranger started, noticing the puzzled look in the noble man's eyes and smiling lightly at it. It was understandable after all, there was no way for him to know how the stranger had heard of him or even knew he would be arriving in Sweetwine on this Trial. "Who I am, what I know of you and why I am here will be revealed in time. But as of right now this sculpture must be finished, I am on a rather strict schedule for it."

"I would have to agree, for the most part. Though I find it's always better to add a unique touch, no matter how small" he said, keeping warm and friendly eye contact with Tristan as the two spoke. Physically his presence was intimidating, but personality wise he was no such thing. The Stranger was, after all, a kind man. Seeing Tristan's surprise the man let out a small chuckle. "I appreciate the compliment, and yes - it is you. I've always had a natural knack for sculpting, you see."

Giving Tristan no further explanation, the man watched as Tristan got to work. His technique was almost as good as the Strangers, if not equal. But what the man was looking for not his talent with a chisel and hammer, he'd seen that before when he had decided to take a look at Tristan's work, but what he decided to create. When he was finished, the man stood up and walked to view it from another angle, his limp a little more evident than before. His blank face quickly became a smile, and he nodded while watching the work.

"I think it is impressive, and I see what you're trying to do - or so I think. Such is the beauty of art, how we all interpret things differently. You have done well, Tristan Venora" the Stranger smiled to him. "Now I, Vhalar, will offer you two questions. Any that you wish to ask, before I show you the real reason I came here."
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

An Unusual Occurence

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 pm

“I’m not afraid“, the noble replied before he started to work on the sculpture again because, as the Stranger had said, it needed to be finished although he wondered why he was on such a strict schedule. Did he already have a buyer for it, a buyer that wanted it for a special occasion? His thoughts briefly went back to the sculpture that he had made of Elyna Burhan. Maybe it was something similar? Who would want a sculpture of Tristan Venora though? An adoring fan? He probably had a few of those, but still, it was a little weird. Normally, fans didn’t buy a sculpture of the sculptor himself, but of … something else!

“And I’m about to add that unique touch right now”, he informed him with a smile. “Watch me, and tell me what you think!” With that he moved his chisel across the sculpture’s face at an almost impossible speed, so quickly the Stranger would barely be able to follow him, and he hit the stone so hard in certain places that his hands started to hurt from the strain. When he was done, the sculpture still looked the same, for a trill, until it suddenly started to smile, only to look sad a bit later and finally angry before it started to smile again. It showed all the emotions that Tristan felt on a daily basis.

“I’m not sure how exactly I’m doing this”, he admitted once he was finished. “I just experimented and experimented until I managed to get my sculptures to move. It’s not magic though”, he told him in case he was one of those people. “It probably has something to do with physics and other strange and unexplainable sciences”, he informed him. He wondered what Padraig would say if he took a look at his sculptures. Would he tell him why they worked, or would he just insult them because sculptures weren’t supposed to move, and he was breaking the laws of nature?

“Thank you”, he said and smiled as the Stranger complimented him on his work. Normally he didn’t care much if somebody liked his work or not, but he hadn’t made the sculpture for himself, and for some reason the Stranger’s opinion mattered to him, more than he had thought. And then … and then the other man suddenly revealed himself to be Vhalar, and all that the young duke could do was stare at him. He had already met a couple of Immortals, and he had even slept with two of them, but still, he doubted that he’d ever get used to it.

“You … you are Vhalar?” he stammered and stared at him some more. When he realized that all the staring that he was doing might seem impolite, he quickly apologized though. “Sorry!” The Immortal wanted him to ask questions. He had had a few of those – before Vhalar had revealed who he was – but now he struggled to think of anything because this here was totally unexpected, and he was at an absolute loss for words!

“Who is the sculpture for?” he finally asked because it mattered to him who it went to. His sculptures weren’t just something that he made money with, they were like children to him. “And is there any advice that you can give me – for my art or for my life?” he continued. He had come to Scalvoris because he didn’t know what to do anymore. He needed to take advantage of the fact that he was currently facing an Immortal, but he had to admit, he was even more interested in finally finding out why Vhalar was here.

Had Vhalar not told him that he would show him, that would have been one of his questions.
Munchkin
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Office

Contribution

Staff

An Unusual Occurence

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Tristan Venora
Modded Thread
30th Ymiden, 718
Vhalar nodded when Tristan noted he was unafraid, before watching with an intense curiosity. How the man worked interested him, though it was nothing more than curiosity. The immortal firmly believed that every artist had their own style, even if they were doing the same thing. Each step of the process was different, rather like a river. While all rivers were inherently the same, all of them had their own differences. How they flowed, their surroundings, even the depth of water. No river was identical, and neither was any artist.

Vhalar took well to Tristan's style, it had to be said. It was beyond expert, how familiar he was with the sculpting. It was as if this was something he had been born for, a talent that had been worked until it reached the peak of mortal capability. It almost made Vhalar jealous. While his creative ability was near to unmatched, their was now one man he had met that might be able to compare. Unlike most, however, he felt no anger at that thought - quite the opposite. It amazed him. Especially when the Sculpture smiled, then frowned. Vhalar's eyes widened with amazement.

"It's perfect, Sir Venora. It's...beautiful" he looked in awe, his voice becoming more relaxed and awestruck. It wasn't magic, Vhalar would have known if it was. He could have felt it. But this was different, unique, and beyond spectacular. If a mage had done it then the Immortal would have been impressed, but when Tristan Venora, a man with no spark did it? It made his heart pause at the spectacle. No man on this plane had amazed the Immortal so much.

"Please, there is no need to apologize" the Immortal chuckled and waited for the questions. His first question was fairly simple to answer, and one that he hoped the man would ask. The second was the one that threw the man off. Vhalar could give life advice, of course he could. But there was only one bit of advice he ought to give the man. First, though, was the question of who the sculpture was for. "It's for you, Lord Venora. Or whoever you intend to give it to once it's yours, I do not mind."

"You see, I came here today to see if your talent was as impressive as I had heard and seen it is. As both an artist and a man you amazed me, and so I had to come and meet you - with a hope in my mind" he admitted, pausing for a trill before glancing to Tristan, a small smile resting on his face. "A man of your talents, personality, and spirit is one that, if you would accept, I would like to bless. I believe you are perfect for it, and today has proven that to me."

Vhalar then gave a warm smile and placed a hand on Tristan's shoulder. "As for life advice, I have one thing, and it's surprisingly simple yet beautifully difficult" he chuckled. "What you see on that sculpture, both inside and out, are things that many people will have opinions about. Love, hate, somewhere in between. But what is important is that you look at that sculpture and you love every curve of it. Every smile, frown or glare. Love it. Because no man is perfect, but every man is perfectly himself."
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

An Unusual Occurence

Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:24 pm

As Vhalar’s eyes widened, so did Tristan’s. He had already met quite a few Immortals, although he’d rather forget some of those meetings – like the one with Ayla’s mother for example, who had turned into Faith, given him a baby and then pretended to die in his arms - but none of them had ever looked at his work like that, as if they were … as if they were jealous of it. He didn’t know what to say to that, and he didn’t know how to act, so he just stood there and stared at the sculpture, just like Vhalar, because he was somewhat out of his element, and because he was trying to see his work with a stranger’s eyes.

“Thank you”, he said. Normally, he wasn’t particularly good at being humble – he had been born into one of Rynmere’s richest families, and some habits were just hard to get rid of – but this was an extraordinary situation. The young duke’s voice was soft, and his eyes were filled with amazement and a sense of wonder because Vhalar, the Immortal of Art, had complimented him on his work. He was impressed with him which gave him hope for the future. Maybe there was something more for him out there after all, something more than constant pain and betrayal and friends that turned out to be absolute madmen.

Maybe it would all work out …

“I was being rude”, he disagreed before his eyes widened again. “It’s for me?” he asked and looked at the sculpture, furrowing his brow slightly as he did so. It seemed as if he would have to haul it back to Scalvoris Town. He wasn’t sure if he’d manage. It looked quite heavy, and he wasn’t particularly strong. For a moment he was tempted to tell Vhalar that he could keep the sculpture, but then he realized that it would be a bad idea to deny an Immortal, besides, something had just occurred to him. He would be the only man in all of Idalos who owned a sculpture that had been made by an Immortal (partially at least). That was even better than owning a sculpture of Peake Andaris!

He still planned on stealing the Peake sculpture back one trial though …

“Thank you! It will get a special place in my house, and I will never, ever sell it!” he vowed before he fell silent once more. Most people would have wondered why Vhalar had positioned himself in the middle of the forest rather than just knocking on the door when he was supposedly so keen on meeting them, but to Tristan it all made perfect sense. He would probably have done it the same way if he had been in Vhalar’s place – although, he realized, it was almost a sacrilege for a mortal to picture himself in an Immortal’s place!

He nodded as he heard Vhalar’s advice – it was good advice – and he was about to reply when he realized what else the Immortal had said. The young duke instantly dropped to his knees and bowed his head for a moment before he looked up at the Immortal again. “I would like nothing more than to receive your blessing”, he said softly, and his heart stared to beat faster. How many people could claim to have been blessed by not one, but two Immortals – two such amazing Immortals as Vhalar and Zanik, no less?
Munchkin
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Advocate - Staff (TL)
Office

Contribution

Staff

An Unusual Occurence

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 pm

Tristan Venora
Modded Thread
30th Ymiden, 718
Vhalar gave a small look to the man as he thanked him, returning a friendly nod. "You are most welcome" he chuckled, noticing the expression on Tristan's face. It was a friendly laugh, almost one that you would hear from a close companion. Truth be told that was what Vhalar would like to one day be with Tristan Venora, as he did with all of his marked. What was the point in marking mortals, giving your blessing to them, if they meant nothing in return? Mortals and Immortals, in his eyes, were both equal beings. While Immortals were more powerful, that didn't mean anything.

Another chuckle came when Tristan said he was being rude, deciding not to debate with the man, but keeping a warm expression to show that he was in no way offended by it. Nodding, the man walked over to the sculpture and ran a hand over it, feeling how smooth both sides were. If he claimed to the men and women of Idalos that he had created the statue alone, then none would question it. That was one of the many reasons he knew that Tristan Venora was perfect for what he wanted.

While Vhalar had no care if Tristan sold the statue for wealth, kept it for keepsakes or gifted it for love - the option he chose was one the Immortal respected. This man was not selfish, not in the way many men were. Everyone had some level of care for themselves and, in one way or another, wanted to take care of their own wellbeing over anyone else's - aside from a few individuals, that was. Yet while that was true, Tristan Venora was still a man with love and care in his heart. He'd heard only tales of what the man had been through, and yet here he stood in the woods with a smile on his face at the gift of a sculpture.

When the man bowed, Vhalar smiled. "Rise, Sir Venora. My knees won't let me kneel with you" he laughed, before placing a hand on the man's cheek. Where his hand touched, small symbols appeared in a weird sensation for Tristan, almost burning lightly down his cheek. Slowly they ran down his cheek, then to his shoulder and finally his side. Tristan Venora's were a shining silver, almost stone looking, and glimmered like water in the sun.

"As fun as this has been, Lord Venora, I have business to attend to" he smiled as brown leaves wrapped around him. "Enjoy your sculpture, and remember my advice. We will be seeing one another again soon."

With that, he was gone.

Return to “Scalvoris Town”