• Event • When Lightning Cracks the Sky [Ymiden Seasonal - Group 2]

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Chronicle, Oracle, Munchkin

Vivian Shiryu
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: +125
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:21 am

Vivian scowled when the woman insulted Tobias, bristling at the affront to the dead squire. However, she remained silent, waiting for an opportunity. Unfortunately, Vivian was not as skilled a warrior as her gear might have one believe. She dodged out of the way of the new gout of flame, but her dodge was overzealous, carrying her through a flimsy wall. Unfortunately, all the other supports for the stall she had just dived into were already weakened, and it proceeded to collapse on top of her, rendering her unable to do anything but watch as Vega, who was far more capable than Vivian would have estimated, dealt with their opponent quite handily.

Swearing, Vivian clambered out from under the rubble she had created, then looked at the wreckage a bit sheepishly. Then she looked at Tobias's corpse and sighed sadly, before she walked over to join Vega, who was busy ranting at one of the knights. "Vega, you are aware that Rharne has a very hostile relationship with Sirothelle, the Aukari home city, yeah?" she asked the redhead, some slight amusement in her tone, before she helped Vega get over to where the priestess wanted her. Then she looked at the other knight and shrugged slightly. "I can't speak to whether all aukari are evil, though I doubt it, but she's at least right about the redheads." she said, before she suddenly turned to look at the banners. "No one in this city will forget us, not after what happens next..." she said, quietly repeating the last words of the mage.

Stepping forward, Vivian thought for a moment. "That was the last thing she said before Vega killed her. And some of the others climbed the banners into the Glass Quarter." she said, running through all the important locations in the Glass Quarter in her mind. She briefly thought that they might push past into the Sky Quarter, but that was where a lot of the knights and priestesses lived. Attacking the Sky Quarter would be suicide, even if Ilaren herself didn't get involved. "The Community Garden, Sarah's Silks, the dance academy, the market, the boutique, what are they after." she said, musing all the locations over in her mind. Then one sprung to mind, one she rarely used. "The bank." she said, before looking at the leader of the arrivals. "I think there's an attack on the bank." she said, before she looked around for the best way up to the Glass Quarter. If she could, she'd use the lightning jump to make her way up the same way the attackers had. If not, she'd bloody well take the stairs if she had too.
Oracle
Storyteller - Staff
Storyteller - Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: Fortune Teller
Renown: +99
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:05 pm

The Knight stared at Vega, irritation and rage blossoming within her eyes before she took a slow step back from the woman.

“There’s a lot of anger in this city, and a lot of people dead to-trial. That anger is just gonna get worse. Pretty words aren’t going to solve this.” She said bitterly.

Vivian interjected right at that moment and the other Lightning Knight nodded firmly with approval. At least her comrade in arms understood the enemy they faced. Then as the priestess arrived to help Vega with her burns the dark haired Knight turned toward the woman who had been speaking to Vega.

“The bank…” The Lighting Knight said musingly to herself. “Only an idiot would attack that place, they’d have half the Knights bearing down on them in……” her voice faded out just as she turned to look at the dozens if not hundreds of Knights and Priestesses tending to the wounded within the Market. Nearly every active duty member had been called in except for a scant few.

The attack on Azurewind Market….had it just been a distraction?

Vivian had stepped toward the nearest exit to the market but just as she began to leave she felt a sharp crack on the back of her head and the world around her went black. She collapsed unconscious to the ground, and in the midst of the chaos, no one noticed that a figure separated from the crowd to heft up her body. Many would just assume that she was just another of the injured being carted off toward the Order of Adunih headquarters.

Vega on the other hand was doing her damnedest to find Arlo amid the cries and shouts for help. Noise was everywhere and her skin stung from the wounds that the Catalyst had inflicted upon her. She didn’t see it coming when something hard impacted the back of her skull and her vision was instantly swallowed by an abyss just as Vivian’s had been.
Within a single bit, the two women vanished from Azurewind Market.

Sometime later.....

It felt like they had been sleeping for hours when the two women awoke. Vivian came to her senses first and then within five bits Vega followed her into wakefulness. They both would taste a sickly sweet flavor coating their tongues, suggesting that they had somehow been drugged. A heaviness hung over their minds, making their movements feel slower than the world around them.

Their hands where bound with a thick length of rope behind the backs of the chairs they were seated in. In front of them there was a single sputtering oil lantern hanging from a dark stone wall coated in a thick layer of moss. Their weapons were all stacked neatly in the back corner of the room, far out of their reach.

The gentle trickling of water could be heard in the background along with the occasional squeak of a mouse. It was clear that somehow they were now underground.
Nearest to Vivian there was a locked door made from iron bars to the left of the lantern and that there was a hallway outside. After only a few trills to gain their bearings, three voices could be heard whispering just outside their cell.

“How much do they know….” A cold feminine voice spoke.

Another woman replied, it was the same voice of the supposed Lightning Knight that had spoken with Vega and Vivian.

“The little knight knew enough to suspect the bank.”

“Did you see what that red headed lass did to Rhis?” came the third voice. This one was totally unfamiliar and clearly male. He had a thick Rharnian accent and a faint tremble to his speech.

“Not that she can do anything now; the dose I gave them should keep them quiet for a solid break.”

“What should we do with them boss?” The older female “Knight” asked, cutting though the man’s words. She clearly didn’t care for idle conversation.
There was a pregnant pause, water continued to drip softly in the distance.

“Kill them, dispose of the bodies. We can't afford to let them interfere.” The cold feminine voice said before her footsteps could be heard departing from the area.

“So be it.” The “Knight” replied.
 ! Message from: Oracle
Congrats you are now both captured, drugged and waiting for death! You have 2 minutes following waking up to act and 10 second following the kill order to escape. Use your time wisely.

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
Office |Rharne| Rharne Lore | Rharne Development | Rharne Linkmap | Rharne OOC

If you like to request moderation please see the request form in my office, or simply contact me via pm.
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Wandering, wondering.
Renown: +310
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:00 pm

When Vivian had asked her about the relationship between Rharne and Sirothelle, and the knight had replied, Vega was already half way to out of here. She was terrified, in shock and her all-white eyes would be a dead giveaway to anyone who knew her, but no one here did and so she did what she would always do - she went to find Arlo because he was all she could think of. I'm scared, Xiur, an' I don't like it. I don't. It's like I can't get out of that place, an' I'm just so afraid." She was in the middle of an internal dialogue with Xiur, adding in a an I know you're all about bravery, Qylios, an' I'm tryin' to be courageous. I am. But, thing is I'm so..."

And she thought no more as the world simply went black.

Vega had been afraid, terrified in fact. She had been functioning as much as she could on that fear and it had driven her to act but, as she woke in the cell, tied to a chair, she couldn't describe the terror which ripped through her. Where was she? Looking around, suddenly and wildly for Earth Mask or the others, Vega knew that there was a smell of burning. She could smell it. It was burning and it was flesh and it was her. They had her again and she was going to burn again. Her hands were tied and she was in a dark place.

Dark and tied up with a throbbing head and fear in her heart.

Vega's eyes landed on their equipment, flung into a corner and she looked at her sword. Melody with solid black eyes. As she heard the voices and recognised one of them, Vega felt her whole body start to shake, to tremble. But she had to be strong, now. She had to be, because if she wasn't strong they were going to come through the floor and drag her. Then, they'd burn her, she knew, and she felt her mind retreating to that trial, that moment on Scalvoris docks and, as she heard the noise, Vega simply allowed herself to fall limp and loose as she had been when she woke.

Because, like she had before, she was going to get out of here.

Arlo had saved her last time, scooped her up in his arms because her body was broken. Now, he wasn't here. But it wasn't her body that had broken, not her bones that had snapped. In this moment, fear became terror and terror fuelled her.

She waited.

She had to time it, she knew she did. The cell door opened and the Knight walked in. One step. Two steps, that was all she needed. Far enough in that she wouldn't be able to get back out and Vega snapped her gaze to her sword and then, she activated the power, March to Arms and a note reverberated around the room as the sword flew to her grasp. As it did, Vega stood and turned in one fluid motion, using her acrobatic skill to time it so that the sword slice through the ropes which held her hands together.

Then, once it was in her grasp, Vega did not think, did not feel, did not hesitate. She was going to kill this bitch and then all the others who were with her. Her aim was simple, to stab the "knight" through the throat. Or the eye, or whichever place it was that she could get access to. Screaming Arlo's name, Vega would stab and slice, not defending but simply attacking and attacking. Tears ran down her face and if she got to the point of having succeeded, she wouldn't stop until the woman was dead.

And frankly, she probably wouldn't stop then.

Return to “Rharne”