Hello, worker bees!
I have some big ambitions on changing up the city - to make it more accessible and straightforward for players, but I would like some feedback and advice on what I could do to help. I have a few questions and if you're interesting in answering them, PM me
. I want this to be a healthy discussion and avoid any unnecessary conflict, however if you are upset, I want to hear your frustrations. As you all know, I am the newest ST to Rynmere, so I am unaware of these types of things and I don't want them lost in this thread.
As for what I need to know:
- 1. Nobles get a lot of attention, but they only make up a small portion. I want the love(?) to go around. What ways would you like to see non-nobility affected? What kind of plots would you want to see happen?
2. As someone who used to be scared to ask for any moderation, if this is the case for you, what would be the best way to get involved with you?
3. What is your biggest concern with the city/plots as of now?
4. What do you think of the city's organization?
5. General questions/concerns? NPCS, factions, etc that you'd like to see more of.
Thanks so much guys. Your feedback means a lot to me.
When you say streamline and big changed, what do you mean? I don't find the city or lore confusing at all, and I know that in part is because I wrote it, so I am conflicted about that being changed, especially considering the success and popularity of Rynmere.
What I would like to see is some care taken. I believe Rynmere could easily be over complicated, especially with people breaking down regions into mini regions and towns and suburbs, and what have you. Venora being a key example.
I would love to see the news paper utilised as it was intended (esp all the deaths there have been lately, Teddy for example, and crimes committed) and the rumour system continued.
Thread wise I would like to see storytellers opening doors rather than closing them. ST has an awesomely intelligent playerbase who don't need anything forced on them, but enjoy being indulged by the individuals who volunteer their time here. I think the best thing you can do is read and listen, and bridge the gap between what players are allowed to write themselves and what they need you for (immortals, high ranking NPCs, Modded Events).
Rynmere doesn't need new and exciting, it doesn't need drastic change, it just needs continued support and that brilliant enthusiasm you've armed yourself with.
I'm not going to beg you, but I'm going to ask very nicely. Please respect my work, and the work of many others who poured their hearts into bringing Rynmere to life. I know I'm not staff anymore, but I will support you with anything you need for this city, I mean that.