• Out of Character • Rynmere OOC Social Thread

Feel free to chat, ask questions, or plan plots and events!

0th of Cylus 0

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Rafael Warrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Noble, Aspiring Rebel
Renown: 58
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Rynmere OOC Social Thread

Rita Fenyo wrote:Thanks Kingdom. Solo it is then

There is a bard actually: /viewtopic.php ... t=30#p9574
word count: 19
Life is a dark comedy, only you're not in on the joke.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Rafael Warrick wrote:
Rita Fenyo wrote:Thanks Kingdom. Solo it is then

There is a bard actually: /viewtopic.php ... t=30#p9574

She's not active.
word count: 26
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Please take a look At this everyone I'd love some feedback including swear words, blessings, funnies. Idk have fun with it. A lot of people say "by the seven!" Etc etc. would be nice to compile a list as a resource for everyone to use.
word count: 46
Rafael Warrick
Approved Character
Profession: Noble, Aspiring Rebel
Renown: 58
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Kingdom wrote:...swear words...
You're such a Cassander.

Biggest flippin' insult on the whole damn Island :P

Anyway, I am joking of course. But I suppose that the different family names could have some sayings associated with them. Stuff like: "Pretty like a Venora," or "To be as vain as a Venora." Stuff like that. I'll have a think about this and see what I can come up with!
word count: 70
Life is a dark comedy, only you're not in on the joke.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Yup those are all great lol.
word count: 6
Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 113
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

These aren't all swears or anything but...
  • "by the fates", or "if the fates will". really anything about the fates makes sense
  • also, "rynmere's fire!" (referring to what's called the 'white fire' of the giant beast rynmere)
  • religious people tend to carry a gemstone (doesn't matter what type or how valuable it is) in a pocket or set in jewelry, such as andaris did when he used a gem to blind and thus vanquish the great jacadon rynmere (think of having a gemstone as similar to wearing a cross or other symbol of faith)
  • when people get together to make a deal (especially a big deal), it's customary to share a drink (or many, depending how long the game is played). the purpose of the drink is to try to under-drink your companion, to only act like you're drinking (but not get caught at it, if you get called out you must actually take a swig), almost like a game of alcoholic chicken. the purpose is obvious: whoever is less drunk by the time the game is over will probably end up with the better end of the bargain. some people treat this custom as a formality and amicably share a weak glass of mead or ale; others treat it as a challenge.
  • when throwing parties, it's good luck to have a guest (whether invited or not) from each of the regions in rynmere. it's considered hospitable to have a style of dish from each region to welcome all types of guests
  • it's also good luck to be allowed to put your hand upon a jacadon long enough for his hot flesh to become unbearably warm on your palm (potentially even leaving a slight burn). this could be known as the jacadon's blessing
  • when seating guests, if possible the most important member from each region should be seated on the side of the table closest their region. it's a way of making the guest feel at home. (so a person from gawyne would likely be seated on the northernmost side of the table when in burhan, etc)
  • (inspired by ye olde inn): when meeting to conduct state's business (like the dukes and duchesses do at andar castle) it's customary to leave any weapons at the door as a sign of good faith. some smaller businesses have echoed the idea and adopted the practice.
  • if someone is iron-hearted it means they're particularly patriotic or loyal (iron-hearted like the metal hearts of stone jacadon; this is used to describe the common folk, but more commonly men and women of the three branches of military)
Haha, hopefully that sort of stuff is what you're looking for. ^_^'
word count: 461
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Quio wrote:These aren't all swears or anything but...
  • "by the fates", or "if the fates will". really anything about the fates makes sense
  • also, "rynmere's fire!" (referring to what's called the 'white fire' of the giant beast rynmere)
  • religious people tend to carry a gemstone (doesn't matter what type or how valuable it is) in a pocket or set in jewelry, such as andaris did when he used a gem to blind and thus vanquish the great jacadon rynmere (think of having a gemstone as similar to wearing a cross or other symbol of faith)
  • when people get together to make a deal (especially a big deal), it's customary to share a drink (or many, depending how long the game is played). the purpose of the drink is to try to under-drink your companion, to only act like you're drinking (but not get caught at it, if you get called out you must actually take a swig), almost like a game of alcoholic chicken. the purpose is obvious: whoever is less drunk by the time the game is over will probably end up with the better end of the bargain. some people treat this custom as a formality and amicably share a weak glass of mead or ale; others treat it as a challenge.
  • when throwing parties, it's good luck to have a guest (whether invited or not) from each of the regions in rynmere. it's considered hospitable to have a style of dish from each region to welcome all types of guests
  • it's also good luck to be allowed to put your hand upon a jacadon long enough for his hot flesh to become unbearably warm on your palm (potentially even leaving a slight burn). this could be known as the jacadon's blessing
  • when seating guests, if possible the most important member from each region should be seated on the side of the table closest their region. it's a way of making the guest feel at home. (so a person from gawyne would likely be seated on the northernmost side of the table when in burhan, etc)
  • (inspired by ye olde inn): when meeting to conduct state's business (like the dukes and duchesses do at andar castle) it's customary to leave any weapons at the door as a sign of good faith. some smaller businesses have echoed the idea and adopted the practice.
  • if someone is iron-hearted it means they're particularly patriotic or loyal (iron-hearted like the metal hearts of stone jacadon; this is used to describe the common folk, but more commonly men and women of the three branches of military)
Haha, hopefully that sort of stuff is what you're looking for. ^_^'
Love it.
word count: 465
Griffin
Prophet of Old
Renown: 0

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

G R I F F I N
There is a war on people!

Now we have the Event Thread and I thought I would take this opportunity to highlight some interesting opportunity for our lovely players this season.

Remember that the Immortal Ziell is rumored to be in the city on the 4th of Saun. Not only is he easy on the eye but given the level of unrest and fear of impending war and rebellion, it may be fortuitous for the brave to seek him out. If anyone wanted to begin a moderated thread in hope of meeting the Immortal, PM Kingdom :)

Got wings or a burning desire for rebellion? Skyriders awake! I think there are a few out there and there is the co-ordinated attack on Veljorns forces on the 22nd of Saun. Death falls from the skies! If you're a rebel under attack, drop me a PM. If you're a Skyrider doing the attacking, drop me a PM and I'll co-ordinate a thread and let all the chaos ensue :)
word count: 185
Kazmir Saelaris
Approved Character
Renown: 7

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

S
o. I have a maybe stupid question.... what threads need to be reviewed?

Okay, so I may be a bit of an anomaly here, as several of my threads (and those I intend) I don't think would be proper for review. Threads such as my Communion thread, as most of the content is just showing how Pala and Paladin interact, argue, and how she manipulates him. As well as how scattered his thought process can be...(Though in this specific example a small fame adjustment may be needed as he did scare the jeebus out of a couple of people).

They aren't really meant for skill increases and indeed any knowledge gained would be minuscule and may need to be rapidly adjusted, due to the characters mercurial nature.

IIRC, not every thread is strictly required for review, so I'm not in err on that front. Asset gains, major relationship changes, fame, obvious skill use, those are my checklist right now for needing review right now, but I'm wondering what else I should be looking for.
word count: 186
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Hi Kazmir! I would encourage you to submit all of your threads for review, especially given the new review system of Story/Collaboration/Structure. Please don't self-select yourself out of some well-earned points! You write lovely stories, and they definitely don't need to be focused on skills or knowledge in order to be submitted for review.

tl;dr - Submit all threads, all the time!

x
word count: 76

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City Archives”