• Closed • Castle of Glass

(Faith) "Cause I'm only a crack, in this castle of glass."

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus, Ghoul, Vorpal

Faith
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Castle of Glass

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Faith breathed in as she looked at the woman and she felt the unfamiliar coldness sweep over her. Blessed by Famula, she did not feel cold, nor had she for nearly two arcs now. Yet, looking at the woman in question, Faith felt it. Because she served nothing and no one. The coldness of what Faith felt from the woman struck her, like an almost physical blow and she stopped in her tracks.

So, Faith was hit with a dilemma. What did she do? Did she say something to Patrick? Maybe she should simply carry on with why they were here - after all this was in a sense none of her business. Yet, Faith was who she was and this woman's lack of link with anyone or anything else coupled with her observation of the three of them and it unnerved the former slave. Significantly so.

"No," she said, softly. It was perhaps a strange thing for her to say, but she was looking at the woman in question. Faith smiled at Patrick and Dominek, although her smile held no mirth at all and then she continued to speak. "Not right now. We will, in a moment, but first we need to deal with this." Faith was a fanatical devotee of Famula, Vri and Moseke, and she served in every way that she could.

Therefore, she walked up to the woman and stopped a reasonable distance from her. "Good trial," she said, her voice soft and quiet as it always was. "You seem to be very interested in us and what we are doing, but I must admit to finding your examination of us interesting." With a slight smile and an apparently friendly expression, Faith looked at the woman with serious silver-grey eyes.

"I assume that your interest is for a reason?" She was not going to be some kind of performing monkey, nor was she going to simply go and do something which was intensely person with such an obvious audience. So, she asked. Should the woman answer, Faith would be happy to discuss. If, however, she did not, then Faith would turn to Patrick and suggest that they leave. Famula, after all, was everywhere and she would rather be somewhere where there was no voyeur.
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Patrick
Approved Character
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +230
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Castle of Glass

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:06 am

Initially Faith's answer was just "no" in regards to the idea of Patrick offering his own blood, which ultimately Patrick easily agreed with up until he realized it wasn't what she meant. Or was it? She didn't seem as focused on their occupation anymore, as though a thought troubled her which quickly became obvious in Pat's eyes.

There was reason to be concerned with that strange woman after all, and it seemed as though now would be the good time to approach this individual; or so Faith herself seemed to determine as she took the initiative with it. Quite the commendable thing really; Patrick found himself liking her more and more each Trial really. She had a quite stark contrast to his own ideals and beliefs to be sure, but even then she'd somehow easily managed to earn his respect compared to most.

Evidently this stranger was just another unusual situation for her and Patrick to manage, since she could clearly see the three of them whereas many didn't even know Dom existed. "Sure thing, ladies first." Patrick mused as he watched Faith move first, before trailing next to her in his usual stride. Regardless both brothers agreed with the idea, seeing just who they were dealing with would've helped alleviate the perpetual uncertainty about her.

Clearly something about the woman put Faith off, and while Patrick didn't want to know or consider what; he could tell it genuinely sparked the demand to meet with this scary chick. She looked so... dark and serious when they approached her. Patrick's head was bowed some as a manner of introversion with the lady, since he clearly felt unsettled with a number of variables. The flies... the creepy hair... the fact she stared... at Dominek mostly.

Even the ghost watched curiously as he stood next to Faith, a little more open and curious since he pretty much found another who could actually see him. It was clear Faith projected personalism with what they were going to do before, as she definitely didn't seem invested in the idea of having an audience the whole time. Patrick of course naturally agreed somehow, thinking their attempts at prayer were private affairs really. Probably unlike Faith they were private affairs, in regards to reaching out to something the Rharnian barely understood in truth.

But so many others always did that before him did they not? They worshiped and prayed to things greater than themselves, in hopes to find ways to deal with their own personal matters in a trial. He could understand the need for personal privacy for anybody, as it seemed to him the relationship between Immortal and mortal became more and more personal; the more often he spent time considering the matter entirely.

"Clearly you can see me," Dominek pointed out with a curious tone after Faith's inquiry, "otherwise you wouldn't be so focused on all three of us." The Lightning Knight crossed his arms with his head tilted to the side some, his posture still relaxed with curiosity present in his eyes as glanced from Faith to the lady in question.

Patrick naturally stood on the other side of Faith, almost exactly the same as Dominek save for the fact his hands were in his pockets. Whoever this strange woman was, she now had garnered the undivided attention of the whole group.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"Freedom is everything."

Ghoul
Storyteller - New Staff
Storyteller - New Staff
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Prophets' Notes
Office
Templates

Staff

Castle of Glass

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Modbomb!
glass temple

It would be the first time the woman spoke the entirety of the trial, though it came with reluctance. She had no intentions of garnering some sort of conversation but that was how things had turned out. The Champion spoke to her first, then Dominek, but she found that she was still not compelled to reveal all that she had in mind. "I meant no interruption - I was just...curious." Her smile did not reach her eyes, before she turned to the Lightning Knight with the same amount of pity she had before.

"I can see you, yes. I had a question. Or well, a request for the man you're following. But I do have questions, without a doubt!" This was the most animated she must have been in some time, expressions stiff but still there. The woman seemed to contemplate her next words - or think ahead to the reaction of them - before speaking, gaze flitting back to Dominek. "Why is he still here? What have you not done to hold him to such an existence as this?" She shook her head, seeming to think better of this invasion. "No, no; my apologies. I came to ask for your help and here I am giving you a hard time. I meant not to interrupt your worship; I was going to wait until you'd finished."

Clearing her throat, she bowed her head a moment before lifting it up. "My name is Thana. I understand if my staring was rude. I've heard...things about you."
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Castle of Glass

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 pm

To his great surprise the woman they approached did seem somehow sociable when questions were asked, and she seemed to try and project friendliness towards them; which Patrick commended well enough and maybe even relaxed a little. She wasn't afraid to admit her capability to see Dom either, who raised eyebrows in curious awe shortly after the answer reached his ears. She had questions?

Was that why she watched them so diligently? Did she wonder the same thing Faith did, in regards to the reason why Dom lingered as a ghost? Even more curious was the mention of a request, something that Patrick furrowed his brows at intriguingly first and foremost. When asked the questions that followed however, he looked to Faith for a moment as curiosity warranted an examination on her behalf. Considerably she seemed to withhold any thought she might've had, and more or less listened and waited for some kind of answer; since it was mainly Patrick being asked these questions.

But he hardly understood the second one. What has he -not- done to hold Dominek in the state of his current existence? "I haven't really done anything save strive to keep my promise. Why he's here though is a bit more complicated to explain." The Rharnian initially responded almost with a hint of defense, since he didn't feel quite sure as to why the girl suddenly made a case about it. Sure enough she apologized for the intervention she played in their attempt at worship, and then proceeded to follow with a introduction afterwards; as well as a cryptic statement which sparked a wary look.

"About... me?" He checked since he felt quite unassured by it.

"Pardon my little brother's manners; this young lady next to him is Faith, who's been helping us out. I'm Dominek and this is Patrick here." The ghost interjected with a look at the two, his expression still innately curious as he watched Thana inquisitively.

"What things? And what's this... 'favor' you're wanting to ask?" Patrick finally inquired after his brief momentary pause, still quite unaware that his older brother had introduced the three of them.

"Freedom is everything."

Ghoul
Storyteller - New Staff
Storyteller - New Staff
Prophets' Notes
Office
Templates

Staff

Re: Castle of Glass

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:57 pm

"Complicated? That's all anything ever is these trails." The smile on her face was borderline rueful, but if asked, it would not be likely that she would divulge such a story as what it was behind the smile. Thana nodded, confirming that, yes, she had heard things of the Rharnian before her. "Well, for one, they say you're quite the interesting man. And that you seem passionate enough." That was, of course, all that she had managed to hear, but seeing was better than believing for her. And then Dominek spoke, introducing himself, Faith, and Patrick. But, of course, the woman already knew who two of them were - only Dominek was the stranger and one without stories to follow him as he followed his brother.

Still, she chuckled in that soft well-mannered way one does when someone says something that might be funny. She hadn't done much of talking to people for some time, and she was pleased to know that she could at least carry on some of those old social cues. But her expression turned serious once more, voice lowering as she stepped closer. "Unfortunately, the favor which I have to ask of you is not easy. But I was hopeful that you would be up for it, regardless. I do, also, have something to reward you with, should you be able to do it."

Thana stepped back one more, looking left to right. Then she stopped, looking back to Patrick. "It has to do with my family, and something I took from them. I needed it for only a moment, but I now I've lost it and am not sure if I can find it on my own."
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:08 am

Both brothers beheld a fixated look of intrigue with the woman, uncertain as to what all these 'stories' implied of the Rharnian. Sure he could be considered 'passionate' to some, but it truly depended on what exactly involved such a passion. Needless to say Dominek seemed the more accepting one of the complement, while Patrick overall shrugged off any inclination of possessing the quality entirely.

"Passion aside, I'm curious about this favor you have." He reiterated although with more a hint intrigue, as he wondered just what exactly this girl could do for him. It wasn't that Patrick didn't do favors for free more or less, just that where he came from usually some give and take was involved. Rharne's Dust Quarter seemed a very simple if not troubled place by its own nature, and Patrick hardly felt inclined to do things upon a charitable whim. All the same he listened curiously with eyes on the woman, often glancing over to Faith to see if she had anything to chip in.

Talk of a potential reward already coaxed him into it well enough, and when he heard it wouldn't be easy he couldn't help but slightly grin. What was he finding necessarily? Some sort of heirloom or trinket the girl took from her family? At the sound of her admitting she'd only took it for a moment, and then right afterwards managed to lose it, Patrick couldn't help but suddenly reach for his own heirloom. Dominek knew immediately when he saw the Rharnian momentarily grasped at something beneath his shirt, and it became clear that he already considered it something worth giving a try. He glanced one more time at Faith who seemed to smile, just before taking her leave of the group to return to her original intention from before.

If he lost the only thing he had left of his mother and brother, Patrick would've given everything to make sure it had been recovered. Who's to say that this girl wouldn't do the same? "Fair enough. I'm good with finding things, found a lost city between Etzos and Ne'haer once. A fun bit of business when it happened... anyways what am I looking for? Where was it last seen?" More importantly what did he earn for the retrieval? He refrained from asking since, obviously, Faith might not approve with being so upfront. Dominek seemed a bit surprised as though he half expected Patrick to, then again the Rharnian was always just gushing with surprises.
Last edited by Patrick on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Freedom is everything."

Ghoul
Storyteller - New Staff
Storyteller - New Staff
Prophets' Notes
Office
Templates

Staff

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Modbomb!
glass temple

She donned another smile, glad to have at least convinced him of this much. Still - didn't quite reach her eyes. She nodded, trying to figure out how best to explain this particular predicament to the Rharnian. "It's...not in an easy place to reach. Somewhere beyond the trees. It's fuzzy; it's been so long since I've been there." Not quite. She was of the principal that returning to her resting place every trial would keep her around long enough to find someone who could actually get back that damned necklace. And it not being in an easy place was the truth - or, it had been.

"The wood isn't such a bad place; not if you know what you're doing. But if you've found a lost city than certainly you've done some journeying into areas like that. I'm sure it'll be no more than a leisurely hike for you." With just this bit more of information - which was the best she could give what with such a fuzzy memory on the location itself. It had felt like many arcs had passed since she'd last seen that heirloom, to be fair. "It's a necklace. Gold chain; great big gem with pretty inscriptions. My family has kept it since the time of the Pirate Lords." Oh, yes, quite a history the necklace had. Smuggled under skirts, in cupboards - even swallowed and later expelled to be cleaned. The lengths people would go for something so pretty.

"If you could, as I said, help me get it back to my family, then all will be well." Maybe it would be well for some, and not so much for others. The smile on her face had become almost manic, a light in her eyes not quite the same but close enough to gleeful that one might think she was deranged. If they hadn't thought as much already.
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:35 am

The Rharnian crossed his arms as he could only speculate that the trinket had to be truly lost, if the girl had to mention that it was somewhere beyond the trees that is. It was such a broad specification as to where it could've been located, that Patrick had to considerably think about what she meant. In the trees? Did he require a bit of tree climbing? Or perhaps that was only a justification of where to find it.

The description of the necklace however sounded interesting, as it came off as something valuable as well as next to an heirloom. It's worth was considerable in both sentiment and monetary means, but if this girl promised something of more value in result then... maybe it was worth it to find and return it after all. Typically situations like this always spelled trouble for Patrick, but then again he was always accustomed to the idea of trouble as it as his thing.

Whatever challenges awaited him in his quest for the trinket, he would deal and overcome them as he was meant to in the long run. For the time however he'd have to narrow down the possible locations this item could've wound up, and that part would remain the more challenging aspect if he had so little to go on. Leads. He needed leads.

Intel was something useful here and while the girl might've had limited amount, she still proved a fair source to rely on if he played his cards right. "Alright then, the Rharnian stated with a shrugged gesture, "mind telling me where I could find your family? It could help locate that necklace better if they had anymore to add." Although he wasn't aware of it Dominek watched him curiously, head hung a little to the side as his eyes focused on Pat.

There was a smile there but suddenly that faded, and after a moment of looking distracted; Dominek frowned with a hand clasped over his own chest. He appeared to hurt in some aspect, as though something bothered him deep down even though he tried to hide it. Needless to say he shrugged it off after a few soft growls, the form of his ethereal body slightly faded in and out a few trills afterwards.

Once the episode had ended he focused back on Pat once more, with a few glances shot to the girl in hopes that he wouldn't mention anything. "Aside from knowing where they are, anything else you can tell me about the necklace's location would help. I'll be sure to retrieve it and return it as fast as I can." Patrick assured her as he still remained incapable of knowing what just occurred with his older brother.

"Freedom is everything."

Return to “Scalvoris Town”