[Jim's Group] Air To-trial, Gone Tomorrow

Rowan, Genuvah, Sephira and Lavana

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks, jungles, mountains, forests and islands of note.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

85th Ashan, 718
Getting this lot organised was going to be akin to teaching a bunch of feral cats to swim in a synchronised fashion, Tom thought as he beamed in delight at them. "Righteo, then! Let's work this out." They didn't seem chatty, had to be said, and there might even be some bad feeling going on with them. Still, he looked at his colleagues, Ben and Jim and decided that he'd just do what he needed to do and make the decisions based on.. well, based on what was what and who seemed to express a preference.

It didn't take him long. He had a quick mind and was able to work it all out fairly easily. So, he glanced around and then nodded, his brain ticking over and then he spoke again. "Alright then.Three groups, as I said. In this group here with me, we are going to the Western side and I'm taking Amaris, Devin, Hookor, Mercedes and Kura." He nodded to them and motioned for them to go and stand together.

"Then, the central group, that's with Ben here, and is Ela, Rynata, Tio and Max." Again, he gestured, this time for Ben and his group to go over.. there. "Which just leaves Jim, off to the East and he's got Rowan, Genuvah, Sephira and Lavana." He nodded then and smiled. "Tally ho, on we go and let's sort this out. Thank you."

And so, they were put into groups. "Ok, so... so.. great! This is exciting!" exclaimed Jim, bouncing on his feet. "I've been told that this is the kind of equivalent of a sort of maybe avian kind of infection. Bird poop!" Excitable. Certainly, excitable, "That's what I heard anyhow. Cahoots! Let us go and make history! Glory and song and lots of pretty girls, boys or whatever your preference will be the result of this, I'm sure!" It was very obvious that he found it almost impossible to stand still for any length of time. "Come on then, tally ho!!" They were walking, through the woods to the east of Ol'Tucks. They'd been going for about a break, maybe a break and a half. Up until this point, things had been perfectly normal and they would be forgiven for thinking that there was nothing at all different about the place. But, suddenly, without warning, all of that changed.

Within the space of maybe five trill, they were under attack. But not the usual kind, this was attack from the air. Birds. Every conceivable kind of bird, from the most mundane to the most obscure. They were all larger than they should be and all much, much more aggressive. They had sharp beaks and talons, and there were hundreds of them attacking the group.
Consequences this round:
Achievement: Not like when I were a wee thing! Unlocked: All pcs shared a story of their childhood and this will award them extra loot at the end!
Achievement: The moment it started, I knew it was trouble! Unlocked: All pcs explained how they got here and this will award them extra loot at the end! Consequences:Negative
  • Sephira did not use the words princess or sail in her post (Must-Do Objective 2). She has earned the wrath of the Bad Bird, who will bring about a negative consequence.
  • Lavana did not choose Good, Better or Best (Must-Do Objective 4). She has earned the wrath of the Bad Bird and will infer a negative consequence at the end of the thread.
Consequences: Positive:
  • Rowan and Genuvah completed all objectives, they will earn two positive consequences from the s(T)weet Ting at the end
  • Lavana completed both can-do objectives and will earn a positive consequence from the s(T)weet Ting
  • Sephira completed one can-do objectives and will earn a positive consequence from the s(T)weet Ting

Map

Map of Sweetwine Woods
► Show Spoiler

NPC

Jim
Race: Human
Most obvious attribute: Speed
Finds it hard to stay still
Enthusiastic
Talks a lot.....

OOC Info

! Message from: Pegasus
This thread is now CLOSED
 ! Message from: The Rules
The rules for this thread are as follows:
  • I will post once a week, on Sunday. If you all post sooner, I might do the same, and then you'll have another week. I will post again on the 22nd April 2018
  • There is no posting order throughout this thread.
  • This thread has objectives (both stated and hidden) and Achievements. These will impact the thread itself and the consequences at the end.
  • One post each between mod posts.
  • Do not control the NPCs (that includes the Attack Birds!)
  • If you've got any questions, PM me.
  • We're going on the old "three strikes and you're out" school of thought.
[/list][/list]
 ! Message from: Points to Note
This is a potentially high risk thread. Your pc might be maimed, scarred, psychologically damaged, forced into strange and weird situations, killed or even forced to stop and take a long, hard look at their lives.
This thread will have an impact on all of Scalvoris.
No animals, trees or imaginary friends were harmed in the creation of this thread.
These groups are now set. No moving, changing, slipping around, etc.
This thread structure and objectives, achievements etc are following a way of modding which was done by a very good friend, Straylor. All credit to him for the ideas.

Objectives

! Message from: Must Do Objectives This Round!
1. Your next post must be no more than 400 words (word count at the end please?)
2.Include a single item you see which seems out of place. Reward for the best one / most integrated in (not just "Oh, look, a hairbrush"). This item must be PINK
3.Suggest a use another group member may have for your item in Objective 2.
 ! Message from: Can Do Objectives This Round!
1. Start every sentence in your post with a vowel to unlock an achievement!
2. Ask a PC or NPC a painfully personal question and then share your character's own answer to that question IC.
Please note: these are optional objectives. You can do one, both or none of the above.
word count: 1059
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Rowan
Approved Character
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Everyone was assigned their groups and Rowan was relieved that he didn't have to go near the river. As they headed off with their group leader, Jim, it became quite clear that the man would probably drive him mad if he had to listen to him. Incessant speech, constant fidgeting, the man simply didn't stop. If he didn't find a distraction then he'd probably go more nuts than the mad flunnies he'd heard of.

Unfortunately, Sephira was in the group with him and he knew that the Element wasn't a particular fan of his. If he had either wisdom or a sense of self-preservation then he'd stay well away from her. Alas, he wasn't particularly wise, especially where women were concerned. As such, he found himself sidling up to her, a slight smirk on his features.

"And so we meet again," he murmured, drawing level with her. "I know we didn't get off on the best foot and I admit that I came across as being a bit of a dick. All right, I was a major dick but don't hold that against me, okay? I'd be interested in getting to know you a bit better if you're willing. I want to ask you something personal and I'm not looking for a slap so please don't hit me or anything, all right?"

A hand rubbed at the back of his neck, his expression already becoming a little sheepish. "I was wondering if my advances were unwelcome before because I was obnoxious or... because I'm a guy? I mean, do you like men or are you into women?" he asked tentatively before adding quickly, "It doesn't matter to me either way. I mean, I'm attracted to both men and women. I was just wondering. If you don't want to answer... I understand."

At that moment, he spotted a curious little item at the base of a tree, drawn by the pink of it. "Is that... it is! It's pink lipstick! I wonder how this got out here. I suppose that someone dropped it. It could be a sign! I think you should wear it!" he announced with a chuckle, offering the pink substance just before the birds attacked. At that moment, vicious birds rained down on them and he removed his bag to try to protect his face.

"I think we need to run!"
Off Topic
393 words by my count!
word count: 426
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
As she walked behind the excitable Jim fellow as he prattled on about bird shit her mind was filled with contemplation. Was this guy for real She thought? Her leader seemed inept, she had to double check cause this guy was fidgeting and acting all kinds of strange she had to be sure for her.Jim you on drugs or something? Why do you always bounce around like that? Lavana seemed pretty serious, and wanted a serious answer." I smoke bug berries myself, in fact I have some if you think it might calm you down." Lavana didn't want to follow a guy with the jitters or worse falling off the horse when they needed him most. She wasn't the leader, but she wanted to make sure they were secure and not being lead astray by someone tweeking out.

Amber eyes drifted on the trail as her footfalls were heavy weighed down by platemail she purchased at the bazaar at the beginning of the season, her sword in sheath clasped in hand as she emulated Qylios. As Celarion glowed brightly around her bicep.

But her eyes had in fact stumbled upon something that caught her attention in the forest. It was shimmering in pink and was radiant as she plucked the stone from the trail. It was a rose quarts and it was pretty shade of pink, but amber eyes watched someone shed never met pick up something dirty; who knew who's lips had puckered up on that thing.

She leaned in close to this guy and whispered "psst, tell her it reminds you of her eyes. Bet you can have it polished and set in a necklace." As Lavana tried to hand it off to Rowan if he would accept it.

A sly grin on her face as she continued forward, oh the mortal born would love to see this play out and vowed to be a most excellent wing man on the journey.

But then it came all of a sudden the shrill cacaphony of birds of dread, with beaks and razor sharp talons hundreds of them as they had begun to go into a frenzy or whatever it was that they were doing.

Lavana flipped the visor to her helm down as she used her other hand to shield her face preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Off Topic
395 in word counter without borders and coding stuff.
word count: 414
Sephira
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Element
Renown: 415
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Jim was far too excitable for Sephira’s taste. She had expected a hardened ranger, not some giddy buffoon. The mage was often far too critical of people these days. The events that led the to the dock collapse last season and Lavana’s lies had made her into something of a pessimist. Not to mention that Rowan was there, the man had already tested her patience before and it seemed that he was willing to test it again.

Sephira kept her eyes forward as the man walked alongside her, asking her a terribly inappropriate question. Rolling her eyes she spied a bright pink shape the size of a fist lying in the grass near the path. It was a peach, it must have tumbled from a nearby tree she assumed. Without stopping she scooped it up with her right hand and snapped toward Rowan.

“Here eat this...and stop talking.” She snapped cynically, tossing the pink fruit toward him. He was digging himself a hole. If he would just shut his mouth and behave like a agreeable person then maybe this could be an tolerable trial.

Sephira was in a terrible mood, she was trapped in the forest with the man who had rudely interrupted her solitude while she had been trying to relax and have a drink, and Lavana was here. The mage had not quite forgiven the woman for lying to her. Perhaps what was most hurtful was that Lavana had clearly told Max of her identity before coming clean to Sephira. The mage had never given her a reason to doubt her honesty or intent, and yet Lavana had lied all the same. The only person present that had not gotten on her bad side was the mercenary that had aided her in defend Element’s Hall earlier in the season. At least he could be depended on.

Suddenly dark shapes coalesced from the sky, the forms of birds swooped toward them with a clear intent to attack. They appeared like common birds, but much larger. Perhaps they could be distracted? Sephira focused momentarily on a space several yards away and drew ether into her Spark. Snapping her fingers the space she had targeted began to reverberate with the sound of a booming portal. It was a Roaring, a Rupturing cantrip that she had used before to distract and confuse her enemies. Hopefully it would capture the creature’s attention.

Word Count: 399
Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 417
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

85th Ashan, 718
Unfortunately, things were not so harmonious in Jim's group. Alas, many of the people there knew each other from previously and it seemed, had a distinct lack of liking each other. It made things more difficult, Jim knew, especially when there might be danger ahead. Oh well, there was nothing he could do except hope for the best. Even though they exchanged items, in a way, it didn't seem positive or sunny. As he watched them, Jim couldn't help wondering if he'd got the duds. Ah well, he considered, he would turn them into a team. A team and a winning one! Indeed!

At least, that was, until Lavana asked him if he was on drugs. And then proceeded to tell him her drug of choice. "Ahh, no, no. I just have a lot of energy, always have had. I can't find it in me to keep still. Obviously," It was, indeed, obvious and he smiled at Lavana. "I'd rather you took no drugs here, though please. I believe the mission too important to do such. If you don't mind that is?" At least he was polite. Unfortunately, they had little time to socialize after the birds attacked. Avians flew down on them, one after another and swirling around them. And to Rowan's question, Jim replied with a resounding, booming voice, "I agree!" As they continued to be attacked, two things happened while they all took their actions, be it to defend their face with a bag, pull down their armour or cast a cantrip. Initially, they all felt it - the birds were vicious and co ordinated. As six of them attacked Rowan's arms, trying to get him to drop his bag, it seemed, so too did that many go for any spots of flesh on Lavana. It was Sephira that was the main focus of them, however, and maybe a dozen of them pecked at her.

After a few trill, though, there was a booming sound. And Sephira, who was very much going to struggle with enough focus to do more than she had, magically, got to witness something odd. Either, all these birds were deaf and so didn't hear the sound, which was why it didn't distract them at all when it really should. Or these were not ordinary birds. As the sound of the Roaring was heard by all of them, so too did Jim yell.

"Aim for the treeline!" As they all got a variety of cuts and nicks and pecks and so on, they might also notice that they bled. In and of itself, this wasn't unusual, of course, but the cuts bled and didn't stop bleeding. Almost like there was something about the birds themselves. Unnatural, not right and very violent. As they moved, in whatever direction they did, each of them saw something rather strange.......

And Jim did his best to get them to run for the tree line. As quickly as possible.
Consequences this round:
Achievement: The Constant Non-Consonant Unlocked: Rowan completed the "all sentences start with a vowel" objective and will earn an item at the end.
Achievement: Totes Awks! Unlocked: Lavana and Rowan asked and answered their awkward questions- and this will award them extra loot at the end!
Secret Achievement: The Grinch!! Unlocked: Sephira has been an utter grump all post and that means that Big Bird has noticed her. There'll be a 'reward' at the end..... Consequences: Positive:
  • Lavana, wins the "best item" reward. There is a Good Egg in Lavana's future, as she has earned a positive consequence.
  • Seph wins the "best use of the item" without doubt. That sounds like Eggcelent news! Seph has earned a positive consequence
  • Rowan completed both can-do objectives and will earn a positive consequence from Big Bird

Map

Map of Sweetwine Woods
► Show Spoiler

NPC

Jim
Enthusiastic
Talks a lot.....
Doesn't like drugs
Has always been full of energy

OOC Info

• I will post once a week, on Sunday. If you all post sooner, I might do the same, and then you'll have another week. I will post again on the 29th April 2018
  • This thread has objectives (both stated and hidden) and Achievements. These will impact the thread itself and the consequences at the end.
  • One post each between mod posts.
  • Do not control the NPCs (that includes the Attack Birds!)
  • We're going on the old "three strikes and you're out" school of thought. Genuvah has missed one round of posting and will receive no consequences or award from the last round. However, he's there, being pecked, with the rest of you.
[/list][/list]
This is a potentially high risk thread. Your pc might be maimed, scarred, psychologically damaged, forced into strange and weird situations, killed or even forced to stop and take a long, hard look at their lives.
No animals, trees or imaginary friends were harmed in the creation of this thread.
This thread structure and objectives, achievements etc are following a way of modding which was done by a very good friend, Straylor. All credit to him for the ideas.

Objectives

1. If you were given an item in the last round, please use it in this one.
2. The beaks and claws of the birds have a strange little hallucinogenic on them - please describe the one strange thing that you see. It's a brief, but entirely real-looking hallucination you experience.
3.Describe your pcs injuries and how they defend / attack. Finally - if you move into the treeline, pick a direction. N, S, W or E, please?.
1. Use the words Peanut, Pufferfish and Pickle in your next post
2. Have your pc say the words "There, laying in my bed, without a care" in a way which makes sense.
Please note: these are optional objectives. You can do one, both or none of the above.
word count: 1096
Current Status:
Rowan
Approved Character
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Sephira didn't seem particularly pleased with his attention, his words only succeeding in pissing her off. The only response she made was a snap, telling him to shut up as she flung a peach at him. He snatched it from the air, not entirely disheartened by her rebuff. Instead, he plastered his most charming smile onto his features.

"Why thank you! I enjoy something sweet" he murmured, a wicked gleam in his eye as he bit into it, juice squirting out to dribble down his hand, pausing as the other woman in the group offered him something. He held out his hand, accepting it with a soft murmur of thanks as he peered at the object with curiosity. It was a gem of some sort, pink and shining. He tried to glance furtively at the mage's eyes, wondering if there was any resemblance at all. It sounded like the sort of thing he'd heard men say to women and it had never impressed him. Just because it came from a woman didn't mean that it was sound advice either. Not that he could irritate the Element any further, unless of course, he spurred her to kill him. Still, perhaps staying quiet would be a good idea for a change.

Pocketing the gem, he was about to take another bite from the peach when the birds descended. He tried to use his bag as a shield, swatting at the birds as they aimed for his arms, sharp beaks jabbing into his flesh, claws scrabbling and scraping as if they were trying to find purchase. He was left pocked with bloody marks, the fluid flowing readily down his arms, soaking the material of his shirt. Within moments of the attack's onset, he found himself first waving the peach and then flinging it into the group of birds, hoping that they would be spooked and take flight.

He let out a shout of pain, trying to find some way out of the cloud of agony. His companions didn't appear to be faring much better although Sephira was in a real pickle, the swarm attacking her larger than the rest. The blond swore, swinging his bag around to try to rid himself of the creatures, doing his best to get to Sephira, to nudge her towards the treeline as Jim was calling for them to do. He figured that Lavana was dealing with less of an onslaught and the other guy... well, he didn't really care about him right now.

Birds were supposed to like shiny things, at least he thought so, and so he fished the pink quartz gem from his pocket and fired it into the cloud of avian creatures around the mage, hoping that the stone would provide some sort of a distraction. Maybe it would have been better if it was a peanut or something, food a better distraction than a cold, pretty gem. With that done, he made a sprint for the treeline, holding onto one strap of his bag while he whirled it around his head, hoping that it would stop them from alighting on him.

"Get away, you sarding bastards! Fek off! Get!" he yelled, doing his best to frighten them away as he ducked in amongst the trees, having to stop his swinging or risk catching the bag on something. He slung it back on his back, doing his best to access his wounds but finding the material sticky and clinging to his arms. He muttered darkly to himself as he made to peel the linen away.

"I could have stayed at home. Could have been happy and relaxed. There, laying in my bed, without a care, not being pecked to death by a bunch of fucking- Fish?" Rowan blurted out, freezing in place as he stared. It was a pufferfish, an actual, honest to Syroa pufferfish. Not only was it quite evidently out of water, it was also flying. He gawked. Yep, big, round fishy thing with spikes just bobbing in the air. It's little fins flapped wildly as if they were wings so it really did seem to be flying. It didn't make sense but he was looking at it! What else could it be other than real. Still staring at the flying pufferfish, he began to inch towards the east.
word count: 733
Sephira
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Element sneered at Rowan’s offer of the makeup and snatched it from his hand just as the birds attacked. Mostly on instinct, and slightly because she wanted to toss the lipstick as far as she could into the wilderness, Sephira flung the cosmetic at the nearest bird as that descended on her. Whether or not in impacted she didn’t have the chance to see as she was soon besieged by the attacking avians.

Knicks and cuts peppered Sephira’s skin as claws raked against her. It was not lost on her that the birds had been unaffected by the Roaring. The magic had dissipated the moment she fell under attack as the mage was far more concerned with getting away from the onslaught of feathered feinds. Thin red scratches marred the skin of her face and hands. The dozens of little wounds burned, biting and sharp as a wave of dizziness washed over the Element. Something was off with these avians, they ignored her magic and their talons seemed to be coated in some sort of poison that was having an effect on her.

Sephira’s vision rippled as she stumbled forward, slapping at the birds, unable to clear her thoughts enough to open a portal. She made a misstep and fell hard to her knee. At that very moment a particularly large crow lashed her just above the brow with an ugly cut. The wave of vertigo that followed the strike was the worst yet. The mage glanced up, catching sight of Rowan as he raced forward to bat the birds away that were assailing her. Her vision seemed to shift, undulating like a disturbed pool of water before the thin blonde man’s image was suddenly replaced by a darker somewhat grizzled silhouette that Sephira recognized.

Her long dead master, Elias stood there in Rowan’s place, reaching toward her. His badly shaven but strangled refined features frowned at her in disapproval.

“Get up girl.” He commanded, his lips not quite matching his words.

She had to be going mad, or hallucinating. Elias had barked those words at her more times than she could count. Being Rupturers, falling was something she had done very often, at least early in her training. It was something you learned when practicing their sort of magic, sometimes you could learn more from falling than anything else.

The hallucination of Elias flickered strangely as he looked at her. The old man’s steely indigo eyes met hers and Sephira nearly went as white as a sheet, as if she had seen a ghost.

“Not real...not real” She whispered to herself under her breath. The logical part of her mind struggled to make sense of the image before without warning, Elias’s visage melted away to be replaced by Rowan’s once again. Reality resumed and the mage struggled to her feet. With his help the majority of the flock attacking her had been forced back into the air. There was no time to give thanks, but Sephira despised him a little less. At least Rowan could be trusted to have her back.

The Element raced toward the tree line where their guide was shouting for them to retreat to. She followed close behind Rowan to the east. If at all possible it would be best if they all stuck together, rather than splitting up.

“We need to stay together!” Sephira shouted over her shoulder toward the others. Even if she hated the idea of spending more time with Lavana and Rowan, their best chance of survival likely lay together.
Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 610
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn

Rowan was interesting and she smiled politely as he ate his peach as he murmured a half hearted thank you. It made the mortal borns smile just a little more genuine. Oh she didn't need to be right, to know what Sephiras eyes looked like when she tapped into her sorcery. She had a feeling, hed find out she knew something he didn't when Sephira got so mad her facial expression would look like a blown up puffer fish. That would be his pickle, but shed keep a snarky remark to herself ater all no one wanted to listen to comments from the peanut gallery.

Once again Lavana found herself in the midst of a chaotic frenzy as the birds swooped and clawed away. At first Lavana had been scared as she felt panic surge and overcome that brief trill, till she felt the claws and beaks glance off her steel luckily the wound wasn't deep but it hurt fierce. Then as that doubt subsided she felt raw and primal as her amber eyes widened in anticipation. That's when the shock of pain had been all to real as a claw had managed to rake across the back of her neck between her helmet and cuiress shed remind herself to purchase a gorget after this no point losing her head over something like that. She smiled something mischievous at the thought of her own pun.

Lavana pressed an attack as her armor had defended herself, disciplined sword strokes above in the sky with the intent to do damage as her two handed claymore swirled deftly with the expertise behind the resolve of murderous intent. The mortal borns movements far superior since she found her mother's strength to guide her steel with purpose as a sophisticated and controlled killer. But too much of a good thing can be bad as she found herself quick to abscond from the flurry of pissed off peckers as Sephira had called for them to stick together and as a competent leader Lavana knew this was the way.

But her eyes felt woozy she felt weird drunk or something that stirred madness within the imperial warrior. She saw Raskalarn her mother pointing her broad sword down at her, as if to mock her for following the group. Instead Lavana proceeded forward to follow her path as would not resign herself to such insults against her pride, shed had a look and decided it was a sign. A proper physical challenge to test herself like the Darbytown Derby that she missed.

Lavana decided -North-. Raskalarns Daughter did not need either of them as shed blaze the way with forward momentum.

She wasn't going to just survive like some cowardly cupcake, she was going to thrive in a proper conquest as she followed the hallucinations of her mother's shadow as she ran to the tree line with confidence.

Lavana had in her hands all the companionship she needed, polished and beautiful as it shimmered in the daylight with its mirror finish. Three was a crowd, she had steel what more could she ask for?

North it was for personal glory.
word count: 537
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

85th Ashan, 718
They split up. Two of them went East (Sephira and Rowan) and two (Lavana and Jim) North. Was it a good idea to do that? Who knew? But what that meant was that they were, at least, next to each other rather than opposite and so the four of them got to see some very strange things. Raskalarn, Elias and a flying fish. But they blinked and the vision in front of them was gone.

Or, was it? When they arrived at the treeline, out of the way of the birds, a strange thing happened. Sephira felt her magic shaking and her spark behaving in the way it often did around her emotions and she felt the air around her shimmer in a pop and a weight on her right shoulder as a small, crystal pufferfish landed out of nowhere, falling on to her shoulder and then, tumbling down for her to catch or let drop on the floor. It looked to be valuable. Rowan, meanwhile, next to her heard the pop and there, fluttering into his hands almost was a sketch, just a simple sketch of the Immortal Raskalarn, should he recognise it as such.

Meanwhile, Lavana and Jim were at the North treeline and Lavana's eyes caught sight of a small doll, knitted and stuffed and the likeness of a male. It seemed well loved, not new, but equally it wasn't wet or bedraggled or any such thing. Just... there. Hanging on a tree.

And they watched as the birds continued to fly in the clearing. Rounds and round in a swirling vortex until all they saw was feathers and beaks. The speed of the scene in front of them was incredible and the birds flew around and around and then, suddenly, there was another sound like the one from Sephira's rupturing, a Roaring and then the birds all shot into the air - straight up vertically - as though they had one thought.

And the clearing was quiet and empty once again. After a few moments, Jim called to the others, "You all ok?" There was time, then, for them to tend to their wounds. They all found that they had a number of cuts, scrapes and abrasions. What was odd about them was that they were all different colours. Pink, blue, green and all sorts. Like their blood was rainbow coloured. But other than that, they were able to patch up and then, as Jim said, it was time to move on.

As they moved, there was not a bird in the sky. Not a sound from an animal was heard by any of them. The silence was eerie, in fairness. Then, after they'd been walking a while, Jim spoke. "We're coming to a decision. Weavers' Woods or Fools' Errand. Fools' Errand is an open clearing, and it looks and feels much better and easier than Weavers' Woods. But people get lost there, disappear. No one knows why or how, just one trill they're there and the next, BAMF! They're gone!" He clapped his hands at the Bamf. "Weavers' Woods is dark and dangerous, filled with ghosts and angry spirits, and they say that the ghosts will attack those with evil intent." With a shrug, though he added, "those with good intentions have nothing to fear there, though. Or so they say"

With a sudden bright beaming smile, Jim asked. "Which way?"
Consequences this round:
Achievement: King of the Round Unlocked:Rowan is the only player to meet all objectives. He gains extra loot at the end.
Achievement: I did my duty! Unlocked: All pcs who posted met all must do objective. The Wings of Chance beat in this moment, offering an opportunity. In order to take advantage of the Wings of Chance, those pcs who posted this round have a new objective next round. It is a can do and is not open to anyone not achieving this. If, in a way that makes sense, you can have your pc touch or, preferably, try to style another pc's hair (not your own), the Wings of Chance will beat and the Mighty Macaw will be pleased.
Secret Achievement: Two Out of Three! Unlocked: Rowan used one of the animals from the other threads in this one and so he has earned the Enlightenment bonus.
Consequences: Positive:
  • In the round just gone, the Picky Parrot wanted to feel irritation. Sephira wins this round. Next round, there is another bird watching.....

Map

Map of Sweetwine Woods
► Show Spoiler

NPC

Jim
Enthusiastic
Talks a lot.....
Doesn't like drugs
Has always been full of energy

OOC Info

• I will post once a week, on Sunday. If you all post sooner, I might do the same, and then you'll have another week. I will post again on the 6th May 2018
  • This is a CONVERSATION / DECISION round - so feel free to discuss in PMs or to post more than once SO LONG AS EVERYONE ELSE who posted this round has posted.
  • Do not control the NPCs
  • We're going on the old "three strikes and you're out" school of thought. Genuvah has missed two rounds

Objectives

1. Decide, as a group, on which way you are going and HOW you will be approaching this (legging it across, slow and careful etc)
2. Be sure to let me know explicitly what you are doing.
1. Put forward a campaign speech for why you should be nominated Group Leader (IC, of course)
2. Use one of your own items (in your CS) in an unusual and funny way to attract a reward.
word count: 1158
Current Status:
Sephira
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sephira wiped a smear of blood off her cheek from the cut above her brow. For a moment she stared at the fluid, noting that it was not red but rather many colors, like a rainbow. The many scratches along her body were all strangely multicolored. All the woman could do was assuming that this was somehow tied to the birds and the hallucinogenic nature of their claws. Without warning her Sparks seemed to seize in her chest as if something was assaulting them; the air shimmered and warped, similar to how it behaved just before a portal came into existence. However something unexpected came of this, and a crystalline pufferfish popped out of nowhere, falling to her shoulder before landing in her gloved hands. The mage stared at the pufferfish with confusion, her eyes flaring in surprise.

Suddenly a massive shuddering boom sounded from where the birds were still madly circling. It sounded almost exactly like her Roaring, but while the birds had ignored her spell, this seemed to frighten them off. They shot into the air as if of one mind. This reminded Sephira of something, when she had investigated a necromancer last season with Keim’an they had run into a group of undead cats all possessed by the same will. They had moved as one because they were being puppeted by the same rogue necromancer. Were these avians all linked somehow? Was this the work of a necromancer? The Element had not gotten a close enough look of the creatures to see if they were reanimated, so it was indeed possible.

Taking the crystal pufferfish in hand Sephira walked alongside Rowan toward where Jim was waiting for them. Jim assisted them in patching up the worst of their wounds while the woman mulled over their options.

“The birds, they all moved as one at the end, like they were of the same mind. I’ve encountered a necromancer in the past that achieved this effect with cats. I wonder if we are facing a mage?” This was said as much to herself as it was communicated to the others.

She tossed the crystal pufferfish from one hand to another before continuing. “And this appeared out of nowhere, does this look familiar to anyone?” She asked flatly, holding the statuette out for the others to inspect.

Once Jim began detailing their choices Sephira came to her feet and looked off toward Weaver’s Woods. Her soldier’s mind working out the best plan to pursue as they moved forward. In all this chaos they needed to employ a careful, systematic approach if they were going to get to the bottom of this.

“I vote for Weaver’s Woods. If this is a necromancer, then they may have made their home there, especially if that place is associated with the spirits of the dead.” Coming up with a solid plan was bringing a sense of calm to the mage. If they had a plan, then they had a chance to succeed.

“I should lead the team if we are scouting into dangerous territory. I have tactical combat experience and I can escape danger more easily with Rupturing. I’ll take point and you two can guard our backs. We need to move slow and carefully. It’s possible that we are being watched.
The grumpiness she had exuded earlier was gone and replaced with a deadly seriousness. They now knew they were in hostile territory, the group would need to trust one another if they were going to make it out alive.
Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 604
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Surrounding Waters & Landmarks”