[Ben's Group] Fish You Were Here?

Ela, Rynata, Tio and Max

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks, jungles, mountains, forests and islands of note.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Immortal
Profession: God of Curses
Renown: 665
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

There was a... bucket... in his hand? A bucket? Where in the beneath had that come from? It hadn't been in the boat when they set off, and there weren't exactly sheds full of tools loitering around the woods. Did this have something to do with that strange vision he'd seen while hallucinating? Tio tried to recall exactly what it was he'd seen while he was tripping out, but found that the only memories he had were fuzzy, half-formed and unclear. Was that a normal thing for people to experience when coming down from a drug high? As a yludih he was immune to regular drugs, and so had no experience with this type of thing.

But there was no time to think about that right now. Notorious B warned them that they were coming up to some rapids, and offered them the choice of either dragging their boats around it and wasting a lot of time, or going straight down them but risk getting harmed in the process. Tio instantly knew what his choice would be though; after all what fun was there in dragging a boat around the place?

"Down the rapids!" He cheered, grabbing one of the oars and raising it above his head in a show of enthusiasm, like an excited child in the line for a rollercoaster. "C'mon, it'll be fun! And time saving! Trust me I've done something like this before; it'll be a blast!

He stood up in the boat, wobbling slightly as he kept himself balanced on the water, and puffed up his chest proudly. "You know it's important at times like this to have a leader we can all trust in so that we don't waste precious time debating amongst ourselves, and since nobody else is volunteering..." He pointed towards Ela and smirked. "Then I nominate Sunflower for the position. She seems like she has more experience in this sort of terrain than the rest of us."
[/align]
word count: 352
Fast Facts
Noticeable quirks your character can see when threading with Tio.

Floats

Tio floats in the air, usually just a foot off the ground.

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Tio has a masked alter ego who leads The Court of Miracles.

Enchanting Voice

Tio's voice has hypnotic properties.
Rynata
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Merchant
Renown: 210
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rynata's hand was closed around a bright gem. She glanced from side to side, wondering where such a treasure had come from. Holding it up to the sun caused it to glint and shower the bottom of the boat with small reflective pieces of light. Confused but appreciative of the find, she tucked it away in a vest pocket for safekeeping.

She chuckled, amused at Tio's childish enthusiasm for a ride on the rapids but shook her head.

"It's very difficult to control the boat in the rapids, let alone trying to do it with inexperienced crew members. To make sure noone gets hurt, I suggest walking the dangerous stretch. After all, it's our job to get up river to investigate. We might cause more trouble for ourselves if we, say, lose a boat."

Turning to Ela as Tio gave his grand speech, she nodded agreeably. She didn't mind working together as a group under an informal leader. Rynata herself wasn't the type to make a grab for such a position and was more than content to assist from the side.

"If Ela is for it, she has my vote," she confirmed, glancing at her friend. The other woman had a bit of stray leaf in her hair which Rynata plucked out, smoothing back her stray locks absentmindedly.
Off Topic
Rynata will be voting to walk!
word count: 246
Ela Wolfsdotter
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 95
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

"She's beautiful..." Ela muttered, entranced by the bird on her shoulder, the rest of the world suddenly fading. Stunning, vibrant colors resting on the Predator as if it had just made a new friend. Perhaps would be the first day in many that Ela would have made not just one friend, but three - and only one was an animal. She gently put her hand up to the creature, lightly brushing under its chin. With a small chirp and a swish of its long, beautiful tail, the bird lightly rubbed back against her fingers. Predator or not, there was no denying the beauty of every animal, even prey.
Her trance was broken by a cheer from Tio, raising an oar on the boat beside them. Her attention was then drawn to the lack of strange fish in the water. Ahead of them were rapids, which also gave Ela a surprise. She hadn't ever been one for sailing, or for going near water at all when possible. Unless it was to bathe the mortalborn had no need for water, especially with contraptions like boats that could fail in a moments notice and leave all of them drowning.

Before Ela could say that opinion, however, the man stood up - nominating her as leader. Her? As Rynata agreed, Ela found a smile spreading across her face. Now that she had made new friends, she couldn't let them down. If it was her that they wanted to lead, then no immortal would stop her from leading them to safety. All of them would find what was going on here, leave together in one piece, and perhaps have a reunion one day at Ela's cave and reminisce about this adventure.
"If nobody has any complaints, I'd be more than happy to be leader" the Mortalborn nodded, wearing the same proud smile. A friendly nod found its way to Tio, with a thankful expression. This man was nothing but kind to her, just like Rynata. Come to think of it, this was the nicest group of people Ela had ever found herself in. Truth be told, it was the only group she'd been in for a rather long time.

"I say we walk. It's safer, and nothing that could be in Vulture's Haven is strong enough to stop us. Perhaps we'll even find what was causing all of this" the Apex decided, finally sharing her opinion. She smiled back at Rynata as her hair started to be styled lightly, and raised a hand of her own to touch Rynata's hair, running a hand through it lightly. Ela had never cared much for looks, but she had to admit that she was somewhat jealous of Rynata's hair.

With a small chirp on her shoulder, Ela glanced to Ben and nodded. "Looks like we're walking, if you don't mind?"
► Show Spoiler
word count: 502
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

85th Ashan, 718
Ben nodded his head, apparently in agreement that they should walk rather than risk the rapids, although the mutual hair stroking caused him to raise an eyebrow. He was glad to see the girls getting on, but then - how well they were getting on might be a touch much and there was a time and a place, after all.

But still, if it kept them happy. So, following the decision of the group, they walked, pulling the boats with them. It was hard, demanding, physical work and Ben would make sure that everyone was pulling their weight. He seemed to be able to spot a faker at thirty paces, and he was pushy of anyone who tried to do less than everyone else. Fairness, it seemed, was important to him.

No matter what funny nickname you'd given him.

And so, it took them a few breaks of hard physical laboring to make their way through Dark Canyon Creek and then, there in front of them finally was Vulture's Haven. A scrub-land like area to their left, indeed filled with bleached white bones and a lot of them. Further on from that, directly ahead of them was a small islet; it was a strange place - Emerald Isle according to the map they had. There, they could see a very strange sight. A single tree sitting in the middle of the island - no other trees anywhere in sight. But this tree was enormous. It looked almost like an oak tree, but it was very odd - it's leaves moved through how they would look in each season, from the left to the right. There was a strange aura around it, too. Like a shimmering light.

An aura, almost, of light around it - oh, and the mist of glowing, weird, swirling lights raising from it like a strange mystical mist of sorts. Lifting up from the tree, like a sparkling rainbow mist which slowly rose up towards the sky.

But before they got there, they looked around and there, on the river banks opposite them were some familiar faces.
Consequences this round:
Achievement: Walk this way!! Unlocked:Rynata and Ela chose to walk.
Achievement: Leader of the Pack! Unlocked: Ela has been unanimously voted as Leader. This will have an impact for the remaining rounds and at the end. Consequences: Positive:
  • In the round just gone, the Happy Haddock wanted to feel happy. Tio wins this round. Next round, there is another fish watching.....

Map

Map of Sweetwine Woods
► Show Spoiler

OOC Info

! Message from: Pegasus
This thread is now CLOSED
 ! Message from: The Rules
The rules for this thread are as follows:
 ! Message from: It's Polite To Acknowledge Your Sources & This Guy Is Great!
This thread structure and objectives, achievements etc are following a way of modding which was done by a very good friend, Straylor. All credit to him for the ideas.
word count: 514
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

The Review
Rynata:

Overview

I'm so glad to be getting to know Rynata better as a pc! She's really interesting and well written and I truly appreciate the little details you bring into your writing. I've really enjoyed this seasonal with Rynata and I hope to see you next season too!

XP: 15
Renown: 10

Gains & Losses

+1 Gem: This is a "True North" Gem (PB item)
Achievement: Not like when I were a wee thing!: A small glowing rock or pebble, which glows gently in a colour of your choice.
Achievement: The moment it started, I knew it was trouble!:You map of Sweetwine Woods appears to made from some form of parchment which never ages, is immune to water etc etc.
Pleasure of the Good Fishes: One: A small forest animal has been following you. It wants to be your friend. You may choose one pet from small creatures found in the Sweetwine Woods. (PM me to confirm)
Pleasure of the Good Fishes: Two: Ol'Tuck's Luck: A small coin that you can flip. Where it lands will have consequences. PM me when / if you're using it and I'll tell you what happens! (one use deal!)
Achievement: The Constant Non-Consonant:You have been awarded 200 gn to spend at the weapon shop. Please let me know what you choose and I'll update.
Achievement: Totes Awks!: Ben gives you each a scroll case, which he pulls from his pack most solemnly. It's a treasure map! This is a plot point item intended to give you something to write / a story. Have fun with it!
Good Oooze News.: For your honest answers, you are awarded a small vial of truth serum! (1 use, lasts a break)
Secret Achievement: The Cringe!: You find, in your pack, a new item of clothing (your choice). It is exquisitely garish and brightly coloured and it doesn't suit you at all. Yet, when you wear it, damn you feel good.
Achievement: Queen of the Round:A single, multicoloured feather is nestled in your belongings. When you wear it woven into your hair, you do not feel the cold. At all. But be warned! Frostbite can still happen - you don't feel it, but you still get damaged by it!
Achievement: I did my duty! : On your travels you found a small item of jewelry worth no more than 150gn. Your choice what.
Achievement: Walk This Way!:Your shoes, on the journey, seem to have been coated in some kind of strange mud. This has left a strange effect on them. They change and swirl in colour now and seem to be always matching whatever you're wearing, colour wise (doesn't change the shape of the shoe!)

Knowledge

Caregiving: Reassuring someone
Detection: Spotting important details about your companions.
Investigation: Identifying unclear
Leadership: State a clear case
Psychology: People like compliments.
Resistance: Experiencing hallucinations
Resistance: Recovering from hallucination experiences
Seafaring: Know your limitations - and that of your companions
Ela

Overview

I really enjoyed your portrayal of Ela here - she's so sweet and vulnerable in such a strange way. I love how you write, your explanation and description give me really vivid images in my imagination. Great stuff!

Gains & Losses

+1 spearhead (gift from Rynata)
+1 feather (gift from Tio)
+1 well trained bird
Achievement: Not like when I were a wee thing!: A small glowing rock or pebble, which glows gently in a colour of your choice.
Achievement: The moment it started, I knew it was trouble!:You map of Sweetwine Woods appears to made from some form of parchment which never ages, is immune to water etc etc.
Pleasure of the Good Fishes: One: A small forest animal has been following you. It wants to be your friend. You may choose one pet from small creatures found in the Sweetwine Woods.(PM me to confirm)
Pleasure of the Good Fishes: Two: Ol'Tuck's Luck: A small coin that you can flip. Where it lands will have consequences. PM me when / if you're using it and I'll tell you what happens! (one use deal!)
Achievement: The Constant Non-Consonant:You have been awarded 200 gn to spend at the pet shop. Please let me know what you choose and I'll update.
Achievement: Totes Awks!: Ben gives you each a scroll case, which he pulls from his pack most solemnly. It's a treasure map! This is a plot point item intended to give you something to write / a story. Have fun with it!
Good Oooze News.: For your honest answers, you are awarded a small vial of truth serum! (1 use, lasts a break)
Secret Achievement: The Cringe!: You find, in your pack, a new item of clothing (your choice). It is exquisitely garish and brightly coloured and it doesn't suit you at all. Yet, when you wear it, damn you feel good.
Winner: Best Use of an Item:You find the stub of a burnt out candle. When you light it, it should burn for another half a break at most - however, you find that it just... keeps... going. Single candle flame.
Achievement: I did my duty! : On your travels you found a small item of jewelry worth no more than 150gn. Your choice what.
Secret Achievement: Two Out of Three Enlightenment Bonus!: You find a small leaf in your belongings. This isn't unusual, of course, but the leaf is perfect, despite being squashed. Over the next few trials you will notice that the leaf never ages and while you carry it with you, you are calmer, more likely to be in control of your emotions and yourself. It's an enlightened leaf.
Secret Achievement: Scared Skate!: The Scared Skate awards you with +3 XP for this thread and 2 knowledge of your choice (please pm me, can be for any skill EXCEPT Domain Magic.)
Achievement: Walk This Way!:Your shoes, on the journey, seem to have been coated in some kind of strange mud. This has left a strange effect on them. They change and swirl in colour now and seem to be always matching whatever you're wearing, colour wise (doesn't change the shape of the shoe!)
Leader of the Pack!:As the group leader, you are awarded +2 XP for this thread.

Knowledge

Detection: Spotting unusual things about your surroundings
Fieldcraft: Read your environment
Leadership: Stepping up to the task
Leadership: A vote of confidence
Psychology: Friendship is important
Seafaring: Boat journeys need you to be safe
Tio:

Overview

Tio is always so much fun and I really do enjoy writing with him! Lots of fun to be had here, as always, and depth of emotions. I loved how he reacted to Ben's upset and the concern he showed. Shame you didn't get to ride the rapids. Wussies, they are. :)

Gains & Losses

+1 sponge from Ela
+1 bucket. It holds twice as much as it seems to (which is, of course, impossible) and doesn't get heavier no matter what you fill it with!
Pleasure of the Good Fishes: One: A small forest animal has been following you. It wants to be your friend. You may choose one pet from small creatures found in the Sweetwine Woods.(PM me to confirm)
Secret Achievement: RIght Time, Wrong Place: Your very clear realisation has earned you +2 XP and 3 additional knowledge. These knowledge can be for any skill except Domain Magic
Secret Achievement: Two Out of Three Enlightenment Bonus!: You find a small leaf in your belongings. This isn't unusual, of course, but the leaf is perfect, despite being squashed. Over the next few trials you will notice that the leaf never ages and while you carry it with you, you are calmer, more likely to be in control of your emotions and yourself. It's an enlightened leaf.
Secret Achievement: Happy Haddock!: The Happy Haddock awards you with +3 XP for this thread and 2 knowledge of your choice (please pm me, can be for any skill EXCEPT Domain Magic.)

Knowledge

Detection: Some things are hard to spot, others hard to miss
Persuasion: It'll be fun!
Persuasion: Why someone else will be good at a job
Psychology: Working out who to hide behind in an attack
Psychology: Words have power
Seafaring: Paddling
word count: 1672
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~
Current Status:
Working on a New User Guide - feel free to feed back in the thread!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Surrounding Waters & Landmarks”