• Out of Character • Players' Development Forum

Suggestions for consideration

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: The Best Hero
Renown: 485
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Players' Development Forum

In reply to Gangui I would like to point out the fact that the people of Etzos don't see the reason in following immortals. All they do is sit up high and mighty on their thrones ordering the mortals around them. There are even those that slaughter mortal kind for their own reasons. On that grounds how could it ever be logical to follow an immortal. They could so easily turn against you, and as we've seen immortals aren't all they're cracked up to be. They can be killed by a powerful enough human. How could you reasonably call something a god when Night's doing so much damage to one in the Global Thread. Not only do they do us no good, but to also be killable by mortal hands no matter how crafted those hands are for battle? When that's just not reasonable to follow.

Considering the nature of the insult it makes perfect sense. The higher class would be able to follow this line of reasoning. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I see the matter. I believe that logical has a place with arguments of moral and power that you mentioned. After all, it was logic that mortals are a counter balance to immortals drew Morgan to kill the first immortal and found Etzos, was it not?
word count: 233
Common ~ Ith'Ession ~ Lorien
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Gangui
Approved Character
Profession: Faction Leader
Renown: 196
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The arguement that it is unreasonable and illogical to follow an Immortal topples at the fact betrayal and negative traits (and via versa) are not uniquely Immortal and there are Immortals that are profoundly pro-mortal. If any elite member of society were to hold onto their power they would have the intelligence to figure that fact out and understand that their movement is not one of logic and reasoning, but one of emancipation and freedom.

In my opinion what you just wrote was fantastic indoctrination and a great viewpoint for a pleb, but surely no educated elite would fall for such a profound misrepresentation of language. That being said, I am only pointing out a minuscule point that may not even apply because I may not be considering all the details nor the wishes of the storytellers to tailor the city down a specific path.

Also, it could still be considered an insult, don't get me wrong, I just think the premise is flawed and any character saying that are just making fun of themselves
word count: 177
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Education neither imparts nor implies wisdom and open-mindedness. The most academically trained mind can still fall prey to bias and propaganda.

In Etzos, it is believed that all Immortals are primarily manipulators. Whether or not mortals are just as guilty of that is beside the point that ALL Immortals are capable of profound levels of manipulation, where only the truly high and mighty among mortals can commit deceit with ramifications on such a massive scale.

You are certainly free to have a different interpretation, but in Etzos, if you worship a being that is part of a brotherhood comprised largely of sadistic world-wreckers and genocidal maniacs, you are considered to be void of reason.

And this is not the place for such debate, though I do not deny I love the chance to weigh in with my own. :lol:
word count: 140
Alistair
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

You're all acting apostate to the nature of this thread! :evil:
word count: 11
Gangui
Approved Character
Profession: Faction Leader
Renown: 196
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I will always submit to your authority while playing in Etzos, don't get me wrong, but arn't we literally developing Etzos by having this discussions? All the Eztos ideaology expressed in this thread is not explicitly written in the Etzos guide and at the very least this discussion brings that fact to light. I would also go on to say: this discussion is precisely the method to achieve world development. We can sharpen the structure and flesh out this city more accurately.

I've got more words to say, were should I put them?
word count: 96
Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

In regard to my folktale. Got it, was extremely short on time when I was trying to write that as well as short on inspiration. Perhaps this one will better strike your fancy?

Long ago there was a great and powerful man known by the name of Morgan Parhn, though under the constant tyrannical fear of a great and powerful immortal he could not prosper. A small group of people followed in the steps of Morgan Parhn and for a time fled the tyrant immortal. They knew that they had to do something, they had to end this. Morgan Parhn searched the land locating a powerful blade known as Dyrnwyn. When drawn by the hand of a true and worthy man it was said that such a weapon would burst into brilliant flame and slice through anything it came across as though it was little more than the water or air. It was a blade that was said to be forged by mortal hand long ago to fight against the immortals and to rid the land of their plague. The great Parhn would wield this weapon in the name of humanity. Together with an army of little more than fifty men Morgan turned against their immortal lord. However he would not be fighting with just fifty men. As the battle began a great portal open and through it poured an army of dragons. Everything in the world screamed that the immortal overlords must die. Mounting the largest and most powerful of dragons the great Parhn flew towards the immortal with a hateful wrath.

The immortal was angry with the "insolent mortals" calling them all traitorous fools. Mere children to a being so powerful. The immortal began to take on its true form, a horrible and monstrous beast. It's skin cracked peeling away to reveal feathers and scales and horrible metallic sheets. It quickly grew larger and larger and did not cease to grow. Not even a thousand of the ally dragons could compare to the monstrous height of the fearsome immortal. Morgan jumped off the back of his dragon landing atop the head of the wretched monster of a god, with a large and feral slash he swung his blade deep into the skull of the beast. His entire body was a glow with the beautiful blue light of the sword's flames. Though they licked at him he did not burn. The immortal screamed and cried and tried to shake off the man as again and again the blade was plunged deep into its skull. Finally the immortal became still, at the hands of Morgan Parhn it had fallen.
word count: 441
Dear Mods,
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Great Glorious Gods of Galloping Gab :!: :!: :!:

Now THAT is exactly what I am talking about!
Folklore gone Wild!
Get the DVD for only 9gn!! :D
This is just the sort of steadily exaggerated folk tale, grown in the minds of generations of tavern goers trying to earn a free ale, and parents trying to impress their children with something amazing enough to shut them up, that it has become absolutely ridiculous. :lol:
The portal and the army of dragons is such a sweet touch. 8-)
word count: 82
Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Flapper"- A derogatory term often used for avriel. There's nothing inherently wrong with the word itself, but it's taken a nasty context thanks to it's association with the race. It originally refereed to a young bird learning to fly.
word count: 42
Dear Mods,
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Hey hey, good citizens of Etzos...
and you criminal bastards as well....

It has been brought to my attention that there is no formal graveyard to speak of.

As I said to the one that brought this to my attention, where a need for a dead body in a thread is concerned, this has mostly been handled as being either dead transients in the Underground or outer perimeter, or family plots on farms and family homesteads.

OR, it has been a living citizen rendered deceased in the threads' early going. :shock: shame on you!!

Now these are still entirely viable sources of corpses for those is need of one for a Mother's Day gift or birthday present.
But it is a legitimate point that there would be a graveyard somewhere.

Now, with the recent wave of flayings, that leave little more than withered husks, and the fact that most of the dead bodies belong to those with no financial recourse to pay for a funeral...PLUS the ever present fear of empowered disease material for use by our Rhakrosian enemies to the south, it is policy to burn bodies that are not claimed for burial in short order.

But for those of sufficient means, (and who actually LOVED their dead relatives) I am saying that there is an official Graveyard to the east of the Outer Crafting Zone beyond the east side of the outer perimeter. If you look at the map here, think of it as being where the capital "E" is in 'Etzos'.

Now again, with the upswing in capers involving dead bodies, you can assume that some degree of watch is maintained on this area. You may also assume that the guards that get stuck with such duty are generally not on the best terms with their superiors and may be willing to turn a blind eye.
(You know, the kind of "blindness" caused by being dazzled by shiny gold nel?)
word count: 324
Noth
Approved Character
Profession: Monster
Renown: -370
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Dear Fellow Etzori and Maltruism,

It's recently come to my attention that some other cities have started to create easier transportation methods for their residents that allow them to more quickly relocate themselves to nearby localities. It has also come to my attention that we are thirty trials away by boat from the nearest available city at the moment, which simply can't be good for trade or for proper vacationing.

For that reason, I am making the rather vague suggestion that we come up with some method of travel to impress the other cities, and make it more convenient to engage in travel. At the very least, it should be way easier to get to the frontier outposts, because at the moment, if they were attacked, it would take several trials before word got back, and several more before a response could be formulated.

And that's just not properly strategic.

Cheers,
Noth
word count: 155

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”