• Out of Character • Players' Development Forum

Suggestions for consideration

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Players' Development Forum

I freely acknowledge that there are many blanks in the Etzos lore, as far as write-ups of additional locations or protocols go. As players get a grasp of the direction they'd like to go, they will undoubtedly find things missing.

"Where can I get a job as a tattoo artist?...How do I get a job as an developer of hybrid grains and vegetables?...What sort of creatures are in the woods outside of town?...What sort of stories and Slang are commonly heard?....Where do citizens go in the event of a flood?"...such things as these.

Now that last question would be better asked in the OOC forum, "Let the Next issue Be Raised". The one before it would be found in the Etzori Cultural Colloquialisms topic. The one before that would be found in Etzos Flora and Fauna (okay, okay, they are separate topics, so shoot me! :evil: ).

Please feel free to drop both suggestions for items to be written-up, or write-up proposals of your own, in this forum for consideration. Because while there may be city offices where an NPC will give you IC directions, the actual locations they will end up directing you to sometimes do not yet exist. And though this will trigger my focus to work on such a location, it may take me a bit to get it done.

The sooner I get started the better. So if you have something in mind that you do not see in these sacred pages, feel free to drop me a suggestion in that regard. If you have a write-up already in the works, all the better.
word count: 286
Jachiel
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 95
Character Sheet
Personal Journal

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

May I suggest "Fireheads" as a (derogatory) slang term for the Aukari?

Approved by Maltruism
word count: 15
Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: The Best Hero
Renown: 485
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

In honor of the Cylus Global Writing Challenge I come bearing imaginings of the wildest wonders and randomest thoughts! Enjoy~

Slang Terms:
Flamers - A derogatory term for Aukari that was picked up after the multiple problems with Sirothelle and the occultists. Often it is whispered on the streets when Aukari walk past, though it has been yelled in passing insult.

Followers - Another term used as insult. This one refers to sentenced workers who were sentenced for refusal to let go of pro immortal ideals. It is also something used against those suspected of immortal worship, it's a big insult to use often surpassing most curse words.

Ritual/Holiday/Tradition:
Festival of Independence - On the 30th of Cylus, Etzos celebrates its freedom from immortal kind. This festival is often marked by the people of Etzos getting rid of anything immortal related, including each other. It's best to steer clear of Etzos on such a day if you have any alignment to any of the immortals. Bold with drink provided during the festival fighting often breaks out and the day usually ends with someone, or a lot of someones, being dragged away by the Black Guard to spend a night thinking in a jail cell. At the same time while hate of immortal kind of quite distinctly show there is also high praises sung of the founder of Etzos. Songs are often created, poetry, and various other acts of reverence for the great figure who brought about the creation of such a great city. In addition racism hits an all time high and once again it's better for anyone who isn't Etzori to stay clear of stay home. Most partying is usually held in the streets despite the cold, the city becomes in essence a living torch that's full of enough booze it's ready to burst into flames. The party usually lasts until the sun rises the next morning marking the dawn of Ashan.
word count: 328
Common ~ Ith'Ession ~ Lorien
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Slang Term / Phrase: Frostbrow's Folly ~ Frostbrow's Folly is the act of doing something whilst in a state of unpreparedness, rather like a military defence which does not keep an eye on the Frostbrow Peninsula

Folktale: They tell a story about the quarry, a place where children should not venture in case they get hurt, of a group of children who made their way there. It was a dark and dismal night and the children went, despite the fact that their parents had told them not to, but they had heard that there were adventures and great wealth in the quarry. The children wrapped up in their thick coats and warm hats and they snuck out of their houses. They did this because one of the older children had dared the others and so they all snuck out. As they got there, the darkness wrapped around them and the children grew afraid. One of them suggested that they go home, to go safely to their beds, but they were not heeded. They moved forward.

Onwards, into the quarry they went, whereupon they discovered an awful secret. The quarry is not a place of adventure or treasure, instead it was a place filled with monsters and peril. Worse than that, these monsters were a very particular kind which fed on children's fear. So, the children hid and held on to each other's hands, trying to stave off the fear. Holding on to each other's hands, they hid until the sunlight hit. In the light, the children ran away from the monsters and ran back home where they never snuck out again!

An alternative ending is told by some parents of how the monsters ate the children and grew stronger for eating them. The monsters enjoyed the taste of the children so much that they started going hunting for children to eat.

(told by parents to warn children off from wandering, of course...)

Tradition: On the last night of Cylus, the tradition is that the citizens of Etzos light a candle and place it in a window in their home to call the light back into the world.
Last edited by Faith Augustin Champion on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 360
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Profession: The Best Hero
Renown: 485
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Folktale:
The Slaying of an Immortal, the story of how Etzos came to be -

It has long been whispered that the founding of Etzos came after Morgan Parhn and a group of the like minded became upset and disillusioned with immortal rule. But to become free enough to found Etzos they had to slay their own god. So long ago when was the world was still knew a band of great warriors approached the lands they once called home and the patron they once adored. Fed up with his foolishness, his greedy acts, they demanded freedom and land. The immortal so insulted turned on them with ire, with screams and yells he cried about the childish demands of the mortals before him. The immortal so enraged spat insults at the group calling them the greedy fools for denying everything he had done for them! Morgan Parhn was not fool, the brave warrior charged in leading the battle against the immortal. Blade met flesh as he landed a hit against the "god". Embolden by their leader the group took up charge after Morgan, with the proud slashes and the cries of blade the immortal was wounded and more! Morgan gave a great, proud battle cry when he landed the finishing blow on his foe. The great leader was the one to take the life of the immortal! With their idea proved, their spirits lifted, and a dream in their hearts the group set off for the founding of Etzos.
word count: 248
Common ~ Ith'Ession ~ Lorien
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Okay folks. :D

I have accepted all the proposed derogatory slang (I especially liked "Followers"; not only in its devotional sense, but its whole 'leaders vs. followers' aspect), and invite any more you have to offer. Don't forget that although the aukari would be the MOST hated race, there are plenty of others they would disdain as "followers" enough to earn more racially-specific epithets. They would also hate some simply for their reputation and not for any high level of devotion. (Sorry Night, I figure the avriel to fit this role) :( These things have been put here. It's funny how all of them start with "F" :o

I also fit the two holiday ideas into my Let the Celebration Begin topic. You will see them combined into the very last entry. I would definitely encourage you all to take any and all of these which give bank points. :D

The Folklore proposals I have some issues with.
Faith, the Forbidden Post is supposed to be a secret location. I like the basic pretense, but maybe you could make it one of the locations here instead.

Night, to be honest, yours should be more outrageous...lol...This is too close to what I have simply proposed as what really happened. As folklore, it ought to be grand and exaggerated. Maybe Parhn stole a giant potion and grew to twenty feet tall to strike down the Immortal in a single beheading blow, or some other such BS. :lol:
word count: 245
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Edited so that it's about the quarry ~ which is closer and less guarded so I thought might be a more realistic place for parents to be worried about.

Also, added in an alternative ending which some parents choose to tell. Rawr! :D Thanks, Malt! <3
word count: 45
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Alistair
Approved Character
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Slang Term/Phrase Apostate of Reason - while many religions may call one an apostate for leaving them, Etzosii may call someone an apostate of reason (a denier of reality) for joining a religion and becoming devout.

Note: I might be retarded and this might make no sense, but I thought I'd give it a go. :D
word count: 56
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

"Apostate of Reason", is it?
I would conclude that while potentially viable, only an individual possessed of an extravagantly verbose vernacular would indulge such a turn of phrase! 8-)
To wit, so let it be written, so let it be approved! :D I like it!
No, in all seriousness, you're only going to hear something like this in the chambers of the overly-educated.
Considerably far removed from the more street-level "Rut ya blind, ya Pluckin' Imp-shat bugger!"
word count: 79
Gangui
Approved Character
Profession: Faction Leader
Renown: 196
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I would argue:

If Immortals are a tangible and real entities acting in the world of Idalos and interacting with mortals, then opposing them would not be a mere appeal to logic and reason, rather in its essence a moral argument for some and a power argument for all others.Thus saying someone who abandoned the Eztosi cause is an Apostate to Reason is inaccurate.... though I will concede this term could be summed up as a term of indoctrination, but a member of the educated elite would know the difference right?
word count: 92
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”