Placeholder Thread Titles

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Should we update Placeholder requirements with what's listed below?

Total votes: 0
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Ah, gotcha. That reasoning makes sense to me, Peg! :)
word count: 9

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Bumblebee
Prophet of Old
Race: Human
Profession: Desnind Mod
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Contribution

Staff

• Placeholder Opinions

I don't think there should be a time limit: I feel like we have to keep track of enough stuff already like our Point Bank, updating thread lists, our renown, our job threads, mod projects, modded threads, real life, etc, that enforcing a time limit to also mentally keep track of that seems cumbersome. Especially for job threads, which save lives.

I think they should have a title. ] This isn't hard. Even if you don't know the point of the thread other than your PC is... hungry, you could write: PC & The Starving Stomach. I mean, I'm okay with them being somewhat silly, but placeholder #18 and all its brothers looks a little tacky.

Reinforce the PH tag. If mods like to know which ones are just empty placeholders, why can't we just reinforce players to use this tag? If they don't have it, then their PH is subject to be deleted after two seasons (as an example). Otherwise, we don't touch them.

There should be a limit. I don't think PCs should really need more than... 5 placeholders, unless under special circumstances. If life bites you in the ass or your plots got stalled, that's fine, they can ask for permission, but by having a dozen and five placeholders laying around is unnecessary imho and if you participate in an event later on where skills are important, I find that PCs will try and rush old threads to hurry and gets points, hoping it will benefit them in the present. I know mods check this by noting stats before starting a thread, but I think by limiting this, we also limit those trying to take advantage (not that players do this rampantly, or I don't trust them, but better safe than sorry).
word count: 305
Work Hard. Stay Bumble.
Jade
Prophet of Old
Profession: Prophet
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

I'd like to close this thread up. I'm for creating a forum and moving placeholders for PCs. I can set the forum so the placeholders don't show up on the Recent Threads block. This is what I'd like to do.

So in closing, I'd like to:

1) Not delete placeholders after an amount of time.
2) Have a set number of placeholders per season - 5 max.
3) Have players put in a title.
4) Have players put in a date.
word count: 85
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Jade wrote:1) Not delete placeholders after an amount of time.
2) Have a set number of placeholders per season - 5 max.
3) Have players put in a title.
4) Have players put in a date.
I'm completely on board with this. I think this suggestion is completely fine with me and makes a lot of sense. I might also suggest encouraging players to use the Placeholder tag, per Bee's suggestion. If we're going to put a set number of placeholders per season, though, it might be a good idea to touch base with the folks that place upwards of 10-15 currently so that they have a heads up about the coming change for Ymiden and can voice any concerns.

With regard to the separate forum, I don't feel it's necessary if we're going to be moving forward with the above conditions for placeholders (ie. limited number of PHs, titles, etc). I don't think moving placeholders back to city forums is where we should be spending our time. I understand that it's small potatoes time-wise, but these things add up and can become administrative burdens - alongside the fact that some players may be intimidated to PM a mod with a request to move their thread.

Those are my thoughts right now. I agree that we shouldn't be spending a lot of time on this, especially with bigger site priorities. :) Would love to wrap this up as soon as we can! Thanks for bringing up this discussion, Jade.

x
word count: 259

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

I agree with Jade, however don't agree with creating a separate forum for placeholders. Partly this is because it is an administrative burden and also because I feel like it creates its own clutter... the only thing is that the clutter becomes a mess elsewhere.
word count: 46
Jade
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Sure then. I don't see the burden in a mere 4 clicks of moving a thread, but if people feel that way, then we will stick with what I proposed above, minus the creation of a forum. If someone gets to it before I do, we will roll out the new rules on placeholders tomorrow. Thanks for the input team!
word count: 61
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Jade
Prophet of Old
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Added to KB. This thread will be archived soon.
word count: 9
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City Archives”