Stay Mute or Raise your Voice

Job thread (Server) At The Buckle And Chain

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderator: Ghoul

Nalin Marit
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: +50
Character Sheet
Prophet Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 1

RP Medals

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Cylus 3rd 718
She was probably right, and Nalin new it. This might be another of the few times he was going to have to start taking off some work. But if he didn't work, he couldn't support himself, let alone Lavender with what little he had saved up. Looking to Amaris, he watched her actions, listening to every word.

"Faith... Faith.. "he muttered the name over and over again under his breath and then shook his head. "Will go once figure out how get there... No stopping.. keep going.." He looked up at amaris and for the first time the entire night his eyes looked extremely fridged, like the great ice that had never been touched by man.

"Nothing stop me from saving her." For a moment he just sat there before blinking. "Do everything to protect her. But Lavender not weak. Knows willing die for." Tilda looked like she wanted to say something but Nalin put a hand up.

"Always been alone..know's how to push through. Now.. Not very.. medicine knowleged... just know... medicine used help cool... freezes and burns.." He took a deep breath. "One for help sleep... one for cooling fever, one for... chilling wounds.. like burns... one for itching" he shook his head. "All can remember from what told when little. No ask for medicine before.. Not know what to tell you other than... remember smell of mint when taught about it and showed salve."

"Common place learn bout illness in Havardr, just.. to.. tired to remember Sorry.... no help.." He smiled meekly, his eyes seemed to be back to their normal warm blues.
word count: 287
Amaris
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Councilor of Natural Affairs
Renown: +242
Character Sheet
Prophet Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 4

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:52 am

- common / murnasian

Amaris would not doubt that these siblings would most likely die for one another. It was something like, though perhaps not as strong, the bond between they and their twin. It made them think of how the two had been when they were much, much smaller. Their lips twitched, a smile coming on as they reminisced about trials when Samir would find it funny to stick insects down their dress or when they would return the favor and stick treats to attract flunnies into his pockets. But this was not about them and their brother; this was about another girl having the potential to lose her own.

“Travel should be delayed until your fever is gone. No more sweating, or burning up. If you still feel hot after to-trial, you shouldn’t be anywhere but in bed resting. And you certainly shouldn’t be going to this other job of yours. They can do without you for a trial.” They hoped they sounded firm, unwavering. If he kept on, so would his fever and he’d very well get worse. Nalin was practically in their charge for the time being, and until he was well enough to see Faith, they figured it’d be better for him to get his strength up. Traveling would be no small toll on his body with his condition.

Tracing the lines of the tattoo of their hand, they listened to him. “Mint...mint.” Their brows furrowed as they set to search through their kit for something that might fit what he had said. Nothing, really. Turning to Tilda, they made a short mental list before speaking. “Would you happen to have mint and something to crush it with? We could attempt to make it a paste with water for the time being to soothe the bloom. At least, to hold until he can see Faith.” Should the woman have it and fetch the desired items, the medic would set to work on doing just what they said.

“I don’t...mean to sound like I’m telling you to rest because you have the luxury to, but because you have to. Letting it go untreated or having your symptoms monitored more closely has only resulted in your getting so sick. Your fever is likely from the weather and your sweating.” They paused, sighing as they thought of their next words. “Your sister...you won’t be able to take care of her when you keep getting sick. If you are the sole provider for the two of you, it would be best that you try to get better and stay as healthy as you can.”
word count: 444
Nalin Marit
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: +50
Character Sheet
Prophet Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 1

RP Medals

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Cylus 3rd 718
Tilda was right on top of getting the healer a bowl, mint and a few other herbs, also grabbing something that might help with crushing it and giving it all to the healer. It was no question that Tilda wanted to help. But, when she looked up at her tavern, she sighed, "If you need anything just grab it, don't need to ask" She looked to the healer and then to Nalin. "You KNOW... my opinion."

She squeezed his good shoulder before going off to take care of the customers. Nalin blinked and looked at the healer now. He'd been listening, but he had said not a single word. To be quite honest, the silence fit the man way to well. Almost like it was a warm embrace around him.

When she suggested that he rest he just smiled and shook his head. "Illness deadly... not stopping. Must keep pushing... Lavender figure out how if I gone. Must leave what can. Give her time." His hands clutched hard till his knuckles were even more white than he already was.

That was all he said, he didn't say anything else. Letting the medic do what they needed to. He wasn't going to interfere with her job, but he was going to do what he needed to to survive. He would go to work. If they told him to go home, then so be it, but he was going to go anyways.
word count: 261
Amaris
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Councilor of Natural Affairs
Renown: +242
Character Sheet
Prophet Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 4

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:53 pm

- common / murnasian

They were once more stuck on the loop of there’s not much I can do. They were lucky to have only a little bit of knowledge in how to make salves, but it was basic knowledge at best. But, it would help, they hoped. Looking at Nalin once more as the requested items were retrieved, they had already decided that he likely wouldn’t listen to them if they kept pushing for him to rest. Perhaps would try to find the man again and see if he would at least be able to spend a break or two sitting down.

If the progression of his illness meant it would always be getting worse, they had to say they admired his tenacity. They worked in silence, lips pressed together as they ground and mixed the ingredients. By the time they were done, their shoulders were aching just a touch but they were satisfied with the look of the paste. They instructed Nalin to lie back down before applying it over the Bloom, concentrating on the task at hand. Once it was done, Amaris packed up their things, a somewhat solemn expression on their face.

“I wish I could do more,” they began, hesitant for a moment, “If anything, just...take a break or two before you start working again. If I happen to run into Faith, I’ll speak with her and see if I can assist in you getting to her.” They offered a small smile before turning to go. After a moment of thought, they went over to Tilda and informed the woman that she make sure Nalin get a few breaks of rest before they walked back into the cold.
word count: 285
Pegasus
Lore Analyst (TL)
Lore Analyst (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Desnind's Keeper
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10
Achievements
Medal count: 32

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Sat May 05, 2018 2:57 pm

This was a really interesting and well written thread and it was fascinating to see how the two pcs interacted. I would just say to both of you - please make sure that your posts are 250 words minimum. There are instances here where you're under or very close to the edge. Just something to check as a post under the limit would not be eligible for knowledge. An interesting and well written thread - good work! Enjoy the rewards and please do pm me if there's any questions!

Amaris

XP: 15 (not for magic)

Renown: 5 (that kind healer!)

Loot

Knowledge

Logistics: Directing others in moving a patient
Logistics: Passing off a task above your skill level to someone else
Medicine: Sterilization is important
Medicine: Diagnosing symptoms
Medicine: Prescribing treatment
Medicine: Making a salve
Medicine: Learning about a new disease
Medicine: Mint as an ingredient for cooling balms
Negotiation: Attempting to use the importance of a sibling to get what you want
Socialization: Getting to know a patient

Non Skill:
Disease: Ink Bloom
Disease: Ink Bloom: Genetic
Nalin: Has a diseased called Ink Bloom
Nalin: Has a sister
Nalin: First time fainting from the disease
Nalin: Overworks himself

Nalin

XP:15 (not for magic)

Renown: 5 (that poor chap, did you hear?)

Loot

Nope

Knowledge

Medicine: Mint.. something Salve for burning cool on InkBloom
Medicine: Ink Bloom Symptom treatment (Minimal)
Medicine: Ink Bloom Symptom: Fainting/Blackout
Medicine: Ink Bloom Symptom: Burning sensation on skin
Resistance: General 718 Cold and Flu Resistance
Endurance: Working through Lack of Rest
Socialization: Working as a server
Socialization: Taking orders
Socialization: Remembering Regulars and their orders

Mark
Calming Overcast: An aura that can calm those around you
Calming Overcast: Not sure how the Aura works, seems automatic
Calming Overcast: Seems to be able to almost make people forget about an argument.

Tilda: One of my bosses
Tilda: Great Beverage maker
Tilda: One hell of a tavern owner
Tilda: Perceptive
Tilda: Is just worried about my health
Tilda: Strong headed.
Tilda: Know's about the Ink Bloom
Frank: Regular at The Buckle and Chain.
Frank: Didn't know about the Illness til now
Self: Welp.. I guess I passed out
Self: This Illness will probably kill me one day
Self: My sister's more important than myself
Amaris: A healer
Amaris: Wants me to rest
Amaris: Does what she can
Amaris: Told me about Faith
Amaris: Told me to wait to travel.
Amaris: Just wants to help
word count: 444
"In Play by Posting Role Playing, inaccurate and inconsistent lore is considered especially heinous.
On Standing Trials, the dedicated investigators who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Lore Analysis Unit.
These are their stories..."

Return to “Almund”