Changes/Edits records

Rule idea

Bugs which have been dealt with, suggestions which have been responded to!

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Yrmellyn Cole
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Attuned to the Art
Renown: 106
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Changes/Edits records

I don't know if we have any rules for how to credit the original creator of for example city location and lore when we give older content a "facelift" with just small changes to already existing content?

It's perhaps already a rule somewhere. But if not, I suggest a note in a "footer" about "original creator" , and a note about "edited by" every time a new person makes some kind of changes, accompanied by a short line about what the changes were, for example "new graphics theme".
word count: 89
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: Changes/Edits records

Yrmellyn Cole wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 pm I don't know if we have any rules for how to credit the original creator of for example city location and lore when we give older content a "facelift" with just small changes to already existing content?

It's perhaps already a rule somewhere. But if not, I suggest a note in a "footer" about "original creator" , and a note about "edited by" every time a new person makes some kind of changes, accompanied by a short line about what the changes were, for example "new graphics theme".
Absolutely we should be doing this. Especially the "Original creator" - I'm not so sure about "changelogs" - but certainly yes that should be happening. If any player or staff member sees it somewhere where someone has, by oversight, forgotten to credit the original author, please please either PM the staff member directly or let me know, and I'll make sure to sort it. Thanks for raising that, Yrmellyn - that's really important!
word count: 172
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Completed!”