Xanthea Musings

random thoughts related to the Xanthea language, to be updated regularly.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Jedith
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Xanthea Musings

I have been doing some studying of the Xanthea translator, and while I do find it constructed rather well, there are a few points that have me wondering. This speculation is not necessarily meant to be in the form of “I think this should be done”, but rather as something to merely discuss and moderators and other players, can take from it what they will.
Ohunkohun = go
Kelku = going

But there is no word for gone, or went. Now, to look, or listen to the two words we do have, there seems to be a normative derivation with relation to hu to ku, which is similar in the word to travel, “t'ọhun” here we again have the suffix hun. From this, I suggest the following possibility that hun refers to some concept of movement, and the present participle of hun is ku. The fact that we have hum in go twice, and the quality of the word that is koh is altered to kel, suggest that this serves as the most immediate transformer for the tenses. Now, I’ll I admit that this last part is merely a guess, based on what I have found thus far, but perhaps the words gone or went could be kekuin. This would keep the language structure noted thus far, while adding a past tense to the word.

More to follow, discuss at your leisure.
word count: 232

Return to “CtW - Unfinished Archive”