Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Staff

Athart Q&A

Q&A
break

Within this thread I will try to answer all Athart related questions that you all might have. Of course you can always PM me directly, but one should check the Encyclopedia and here first to see if their question has already be answered or asked by another. As always, thank you for your interest in the city!
word count: 60
Bumblebee
Prophet of Old
Race: Human
Profession: Desnind Mod
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Staff

The Answers I

The Answers I
break
1. Do I have to be an Avriel or a slave to be in the city?
Absolutely not! I believe this is one of the biggest misunderstandings about Athart. While I wouldn't be surprised if a slaver or Avriel tried to trick you into their service, Athart accepts visitors and has a very good trade industry, with items for sale other than just various mortal beings. Tradesmen or those with a skill (magic not included) will be most welcome... At least to Avriel standards. If you need any help plotting or coming up with arrival ideas, don't be afraid to contact a city mod! My office is located here.
2. I'm a Mixed Breed, or Half-riel. Can I still come into Athart?
Yes, you can, but there will be some serious risks involved. The Avriel view mixes of their own kin extremely poorly, often killing or mutilating those born within their cities, terribly brutalizing one or both of the parents, and see it as a sign of lowering racial breeding standards. After all, every other race is simply existing in their world. Coming from the outside in, you could be subject to attacks, discriminated against, refused service or tried to be enslaved. If you like a challenge, then this is an option for you. In regards to other mixed breeds, the Encyclopedia is pretty clear on this - whatever race you resemble the most is how you are favored. Pro-slavery views and respect to Avriel are paramount to success no matter who you are.
3. If ranged weapons are outlawed in Athart, does that include slings?
The law about ranged weapons is mostly centered on bows. Also, the law only applies to citizens and slaves of Athart. Visitors are not hassled about carrying peace-tied weapons around town. The avriel do not want to infringe upon the comfort of potential customers with too much legal restraint.
Of course, they will not tolerate a visitor exploiting this situation with overly violent behavior. But for the most part, this law is in place to inhibit a rebellion with humans being able to offset the tremendous avriel advantage of airborne attacks with bows and arrows. Only the two prestigious families and the human Slave Raiders are allowed to carry bows as citizens.
Now slings would not be viewed as an equal threat to a bow, so there would probably not be too much of an incident made of this being noticed by an avriel the first time or two. But it would be recorded, and if it continued to happen...steps would be taken.
word count: 439
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Whispers on the Wind”