Shackles And Shadows

Adam Meets Navyri in the Bazaar

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Shackles And Shadows

Michaels

Adam admired the celestial bodies that looked rather pleasant in the evening sky. He enjoyed the bright of the three moons wrapped in a starlight tapestry that hung in the twilight like a broken lace if tiarra diamonds that glimmered above. It was like a fairy tale as he wished upon a star, all the while his spark was filled with hopeful enthusiasm that put a smile on Adams face to draw people to him like the bio luminescence of a lantern fish.

Like any true scoundrel he found himself heading towards a bar of his own personal liking if it could be called as much. It was more a shoddy ill constructed shack that amounted to a few stools outside of it and a lackluster counter top , the women on this side of the island carried an element of danger. Afterall this was Almund but this was in the hustle and bustle trade hub of the Bazaar noise and people scattered the scene all trying to make a quick nel and barter but it all seemed to stop for Adam as the bartender poured a shot of rum in his glass it was nice to be out of Augiery without his shackles.

When it was all said and done it was just the way he liked it. His mind adrift with the idea of company, but something had caught his attention. Was that a set of wings? Adam had heard of Avriels but never met one, they were allegedly a race of super high maintenance pretty boys or something.

The woman in question had striking blue eyes that shimmered radiantly like eye catching sapphires he was a grand master of seduction and yet still he found himself pulled into the current and if not careful out to sea and drowned by dangerously captivating hues of blue as he realized he might have been staring.

As he looked away and a gentle breeze rolled through he swore he saw the feathers of her tattoos ripple on her arm. He took a moment to look at his cup before coming to the conclusion he was seeing things.

What adam needed was a little liquid encouragement as he knocked the shot glass of rum back letting the fire water slide down his throat it a moment but as he felt the edge dull just enough that apprehension of being rejected wouldn't stop him hed muster the courage to try and get this interesting woman's attention.

Hed take a moment and approach the mysterious woman, as he was hoping to introduce himself.

"I don't mean to be a bother, but id love to buy you a drink and have your company. Unless you have a man of course, I wouldn't want to be rude" it's not as if her having a man would have been a pause for concern in him wanting to seduce her, it's just if she felt inclined to tell him she was taken the chances are she wasn't interested.

But his demeanor was friendly, while he wore the leathers of an element but not the pin as he hadn't earned it yet. But he was persuasive as he gestured to the bar.

"Anything youd like, top shelf the sky's the limits."
word count: 552
Navyri
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: 348
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Shackles And Shadows

Common Rakahi Euthic Sign Grovokian
8th of Saun 718

There was an old watermark on the bar, faded and scratched from years of holding up drunken men and women, wiped down with stained cloth, just like the bartender did now. Navyri scooted on her stool, her wings tenderly shifting with her. She held back a groan, every muscle in her back sore from her flight to the city. Before her was an open book and a neglected glass of water, and she debated if she wanted to risk the food here while idly turning a page and scanning the room. Men and women… none particularly interesting.

Blue eyes dropped back to the tome, scanning the Grovokian text. It was a fairly aged text, the paper beginning to yellow at the edges, but the information seemed relevant. In a neat list were a number of poisons and a little snippet of their symptoms. Licking a finger, she turned the page. Hardly using her native tongue these days, reading it took a bit longer than she remembered:

Nightbane - A hallucinogen poison that affects a victim’s relationship with Emea, causing the inflicted to experience inreasingly horrible nightmares every time they sleep until an antidote is administered.

She began to read the next listing but a silhouette appeared beside her, a male judging by his voice, “I don't mean to be a bother…”

’Then why are you talking to me?’ Navyri almost snapped, eyes on the book as he spoke. Reaching out, she picked up her glass and took a drink, setting it down and turning to finally look at the man. What she saw was enough for momentary surprise. He wore some sort of armor she couldn’t quite place but that seemed familiar in the city - a local. Young. Decent looking.

He gestured to the bar with a friendly look, Sky’s the limit.

She wondered if he was trying to be funny, given that she had wings… Eyes focusing past him for a moment, it was annoying that she had to wonder if he was being put up to this by some friends, people who believed anyone closely resembling an Avriel needed to be tricked. She had little patience these days and was more paranoid because of it.

Without a word, she lifted a hand and the bartender came over, “A bottle of your most expensive Scalvoran Schnapps.”

It was time to see if this man could put his money where his mouth was. Navyri watched him from the corner of her eye to see his reaction, if there was one at all, smiling when the bartender spoke again, “Flavor?”

“Surprise us.”

Nodding the bartender waited for payment and the Naer closed the book and looked at the man expectantly, trying not to seem as interested in his coin purse as she really was. She lifted a hand and held it up for him to take, sharp nails painted black and tipped in a metallic gold, “Navyri Vy'Pyjr. And you are?” What was the harm in letting this man spoil her?

A bottle was placed between the two and she began to pour them both a drink, a dangerous smirk pulling upon her full lips, “I hope you can handle your alcohol.”
word count: 544
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Shackles And Shadows

Michaels

Adam was unsure of what to make of the winged woman that was reading an aged book, she was almost quick to dismiss him as eyes that look past him fell onto his form in evaluation. The empathic seducer couldn't help but feel almost like a haunch of meat as mesmerizing blue eyes measured his worth.

It was strangely reminiscent of his brief time in Augiery, the Naerikk as it were often belittled men but the women of shadows would be reluctant if not outright deny the single truth that behind closed doors in the darkness of there cavernous abodes they did find warmth and pleasure in a man's company; for within a man was the seed to there future.

Maybe that was the gripe with Avriel too? Adam couldn't understand how such a stunning creature could be socially dejected it was a shame, one that hed correct. Adam felt her apprehension of him, but could not place it. Feeling as though hed hit it on the button as he surmised it as racial tension, probably expecting bullshit rather then appreciation and admiration of her beautiful form.

She was quick to take, and Adams mouth hung open for a trill. Hed been financially shell shocked within one fluid motion to the bar keep, the avriel was so nonchalant so powerful in her gesture to pluck all the stars from the sky when hed given her the sky why Adam felt shed pocket the moon's if she had the chance.

Something about that strong confident social stride was alluring in a way that captivated his imagination as she overtook the scene with authority and command. Once a courtesan Adam knew how to maneuver, as he set his sights on this woman being sprawled out in linens being hand fed grapes. Let a girl like this be lost in indulgence and pampering, it wasn't about Adam as hed let Navyri be the dominate one.

She could have the once most ridiculously expensive courtesan at her side, with the best liquor available while her sore body was kneaded with warm oil so she could study her book. But Navyri wasn't like that, she wasn't about enveloping herself in luxury and pleasure she didn't need a subservient cabana boy to wait on her beck and call. It was clear she did not need nor want the services that abandoned house wives bankrupted there husbands for.

Or did she? It was hard to think of anyone more deserving then this fair Avriel maiden, a woman like this clearly did not want but needed the very best.

Adam scoffed but smiled and chuckled as he started waving his finger in the air. As the woman introduced herself as Navyri. His body language conveyed that she was sharp, and got him good in a fun way.

As her hand came to him her painted fingers and talons hed allow to perch over his hand so that he could reach over and kiss the top of her hand. If she insisted she could pull away, but could she blame Adam for his indiscretion that her presence was a privilege as he treated her hand as if it had belonged to nothing less then a baroness.

"A pleasure to meet you Navyri Vy'Pyjr, I'm Adam Michaels." he took a moment as he addressed the issue of coins pulling his fat sack out and resting it on the bar counter as he distributed one hundred gold nel out of something like two hundred and fifty before tying it up and putting it away as his sack had shriveled from financial devastation.

But at the end of the day, it seemed like such a small price.

"I'm sure the alcohol is great, but I'm certain it pales in comparison to how drunk I can get looking into your eyes."

Adams hand was still extended for hers to perch upon it, until she had already or chose to withdraw. Touch was intimate, and he wanted to enjoy it like a piece of expensive chocolate you see if you chew it and swallow, it's gone. If you let it melt in your mouth however you can truly appreciate the subtle notes as the flavor lasts. Like all things you can take your time and enjoy the moment, after all who wants love without foreplay. The difference really between having your mind blown with your toes curled, to feeling like you've made mistake with buyers remorse.

"So where are you from ? What brings me the great fortune of your company?"As he waited for the drink that Navyri had poured them, he grimaced internally but he knew he must be strong and discipline himself through this.
word count: 797
Navyri
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Shackles And Shadows

“I'm sure the alcohol is great, but I'm certain it pales in comparison to how drunk I can get looking into your eyes.”

Navyri burst into laughter, the mirth rolling from her chest, “Oh, wow,” When was the last time a man had tried to come onto her so strongly and where had they been in Etzos? “At least someone appreciates them, I suppose. Most just like the wings.” She chuckled again, shaking her head. It was such a simple line, but it was… cute. Be a lot cuter if she drunk. At that thought, she began to drink, shrugging at his line of questioning.

“I’m not from anywhere,” she licked her lips, impressed by how smooth the drink was. This really must have been top shelf stuff, “I travel. Rynmere. Rharne. Etzos. Desnind. Scalvoris.” Swirling the liquid, she rapped her nails on the glass thoughtfully, “You from Scalvoris? Or maybe…”

The Naer leaned back, eyeing Adam openly. He was a bit arrogant, or at least openly confident when it came to approaching women. Especially women clearly of another species. It reminded her of the upper class, perhaps nobility. He had some gold, but then again so did she, “Rynmere? You seem like the type.” She almost suggested Rharne, but a man willing to joke that her eyes, as lovely as they were, could beat top shelf schnapps? Ha. Rharnians did not make such idle statements in conversation. Flirtation or not.

“Tell me something interesting about yourself,” Navyri noticed his lingering touch and pulled away with some reluctance. She reminded herself that she was better than this establishment. Than most people. He had to prove to her that he could be worth her time, silly words of flattery or not, “If I like it, I’ll tell you what I’m doing on the island. If not,”

She took another drink, “I’m going back to my book. Or, maybe I’ll dance, or” she glanced at the musician playing a lute in the corner, but frowned. She was so sore! Her eyes continued to roam, spotting a game of dice being played at a nearby table, “Maybe I’ll go play some games with those fellows over there.”

The Naer smiled, waving at his glass. She didn't want to drink alone, “So, what do you got?”
word count: 396
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Shackles And Shadows

Michaels

Adam openly admired the Avriels jovial laughter, perhaps more then he did the drink as he was drawn into an appealing conversation instead.

"Its true your wings are spectacular, but I think your not giving enough credit to those luxurious curls.

Your hair is simply perfect

Whos your stylist? I'll have to recommend them to my friends."

Adam truly did enjoy this stunning ladies company, she was so powerful and bold a true diamond in this coal mine. Adam had learned weak men often can't handle strong independent women based on arrogance after all the subtle difference is that a confident man is aware of there strengths and weaknesses while an arrogant man exists to win by putting others down.

Would being put down be attractive to someone like Navyri; Simply put he knew better.

As the breathless winged beauty leaned back and evaluated his self worth as if appraising a work of fine art. Adam was quick to smile and raise his glass and have a sip, but he was disciplined with his liquer after all he knew his weaknesses as he enjoyed the flavor on his pallet as it went down smooth as the biting alcoholic vapors fumed from his lips with a hint of strawberry.

As he listened to her, it was probably the most overlooked aspect of seduction. It was simply how you used it, information was powerful

"Yes I do hail from Rynmere, it's been ages though." He took a moment to avert the conversation away from politics"Thats rather impressive actually" As he smiled watching her toy with the rim of her glass."Truly this is refreshing, so your not only ravishing your astute too."Adam would let her drink in the compliments and praise before suddenly sighing longingly"You know Madam Vy'Pyjr im going to treasure this moment, its wonderful to meet a kindred spirit. I'm sure you understand how lonely it is out there. We are surrounded by people, yet always alone. It's a burden really to be so intelligent" Adam wanted to establish a personal connection through the alluring narrative of them against the world.

He didn't need empathic strum when he could gently attempt to stroke and caress her fabulous ego as Adam liked to bank on that old adage that proved to have a kernal of truth to it; birds of a feather..

As she pulled her hand away from his with reluctance that hadn't gone unnoticed Adam was just about to answer as she frowned or possibly grimaced when she turned. As Adam pulled together his best shot to become the coveted muse of her desire.

Touching back on the subject of musicians however, gambling and dancing. Now there was something he yearned to learn. Dancing how he wish he had moves on the floor to dance slow and lean in for gentle kiss on the neck, what fun that would have been as a glimmer of passion in his ocean blue hues betrayed him.

" You know, I'm not sure if I'm reading to much into it but you looked really uncomfortable when you turned around there for a trill. Everything alright?" Adam had taken a moment to laugh and put his hand on his forehead. "I'm very sorry where are my manners, your cup is almost empty and here I am prattling and getting lost in those eyes, I told you though there dangerous. I could easily find myself lost for trials in them." Adam would pick up the bottle and top his drink off while refilling hers if she wished as he felt it was discourteous not to play cup bearer to the fairest maiden in all the lands.

"What do I offer, hrmmm.

How about a hot drawn bath, with rose petals ? A massage while you read your book, and afterwards I hand feed you grapes and wine.

I'll treat you like a goddess, like a woman of your caliber deserves.

So how about it?

A toast?

To a wonderful evening, with a wonderful woman "

As Adam raised his glass, hoping shed clink hers in agreement as he waited for a reply to his bravado.

If she did hed down his glass and pour another round. At which point the light weight he was would be catching a gentle buzz the kind where hed feel like he was walking on air, the alcohol was high proof after all.
word count: 746
Navyri
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Shackles And Shadows

“Stylist?” The Naer frowned, touching her hair, “You think I trust my looks to someone else?” What a stupid thought. In fact, what an offensive thing to say. Navyri turned back towards the bar, ready to grab her book - a rather interesting read, perhaps more so than her conversation partner. It was a book called Deadly Doses, an educational read on common and some not-so-common poisons of Idalos, a manual she acquired probably before this man was born.

She rapped her nails thoughtfully on the cover, sipping her drink pointedly while he tried to recover, once again complimenting her beauty. Say what you will about the man, but he was nothing if not persistent. Excessive, even, “Adam,” she purred, lifting a hand. His nonsense about loneliness was irritable, as she herself had known a definition far greater than what he was implying. If intelligence was what he sought (among other, too obvious things), he could go to a library, or better yet, a University. He was wasting her time.

“I’m sure your sweet words and toasts woo all sorts of women,” she faked a smile, “But let me tell you why it’s not working on me. I like a challenge, a sort of… witty tete a tete, you know. You’re doing the exact opposite of what I like.”

Navyri lifted her glass, back as straight as a queen’s, “You’re giving me dessert without a main course,” Hand fed grapes, not included, “Offering massages and baths and attention and I don’t even have to work for it. Now where’s the fun in that?”

It was a shame more didn’t have the same idea of reverence. Had he played his cards right, no doubt she would enjoy that type of worship quite a bit. “If you take….” The Naer struggled with her analogy, pressing her lips together in thought and then spotted the glass of water she had been babysitting before his arrival, “If you take this water, for instance,” she slid it across the bar, stroking the glass to rid it of condensation. It glistened in the light of the tavern, but she did not lift it.

“-Cold, refreshing, what everyone wants, what they can’t live without - Me, for instance,” the Naer chuckled, looking at the drinks. Or was she the high shelf schnapps, lusted for but only given to few? Hm… Too late to reconsider such nonsense now. She pushed onward, “And you introduce it to something very strong… in this case, your desperation…”

Navyri patted his knee with a smile. Was she teasing, or was she insulting? She took the bottle of strawberry schnapps and gave a dip of her wrist, the rich liquid dropping into the water and polluting it with a murky red coloring, “It becomes something unsavory, don’t you agree? Unpleasant to look at, to taste, watered down and soo… undesirable. They’re just never meant to mix.”

She pouted, pushing her bottom lip out, hands idly moving to re-cork the most expensive bottle while she leaned forward, staring into his eyes. She could smell the soap on his skin and took a slow inhale, savoring the clean scent, “You have been a delight, and I love your appreciation, I love your confidence...” He had impressed her with those, but Navyri craved a distant man.

She finished her strawberry drink, the sweet flavoring coating her tongue. Yummy. Without pause, the dark haired Naerikk clinked the cloudy water with his own, still raised drink and then pushed it aside, “I even love your gift.”

Running her free hand up his chest to cup the back of neck she slid gracefully from her seat, eyes smoldering as she closed the distance between them. Parting her lips, Navyri craned her head, getting close enough to feel his breath brush over her neck in sensual allure, “I just don’t love the idea of this.”

Her hands snaked around his collarbone and up his chin, nails trailing along the exposed skin, “Something to remember me by.”

Those words implied she would finish her move - close the space and lock her lips with his, and for a moment, she considered it. But moments were fleeting and the Naer pulled back and gave a hum before retrieving her things. She tucked the book under her arm and took the schnapps before the seducer could say any more. Within tics, Navyri had disappeared out the door.

Seductive or not, some men just couldn’t hold her interest.
word count: 762
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Shackles And Shadows

[anchor=OptionFour][/anchor]
Thread Review
Adam Michaels (Retired)
  • Skill Points - +15
  • Renown -
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. Not Claimed
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. Not Claimed
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. Not Claimed
Navyri
  • Skill Points - +15
  • Renown -
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. Poisons: Nightbane
    2. Poisons: Capable of Affecting Emea
    3. Discipline: Resist the Advances of Lesser Beings
    4. Seduction: How to Exploit Sexuality
    5. Seduction: Playing Hard to Get
    6. Seduction: The Best Things Are Worth Waiting For
    7. Seduction: Make Them Desire You, Say No
    8. Deception: Use an Ambiguous Tone
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. Almund: Buckle and Chain
    2. Adam Micheals: Gives (Too) Many Compliments
    3. Adam Micheals: Seductive, but Too Eager
    4. Adam Micheals: A Generous Lover
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. +1 Mostly filled bottle of very expensive Scalvoran Schnapps (Strawberry)

Final Notes

This was quite the enjoyable thread, shame that ended early with Adam's retirement. I particularly enjoyed Adam's over the top pick-up lines, especially when coupled with Nav's teasing him along. The constructive criticism she gave him was well down, unexpected for me as the reader, but most enjoyable. Well done the both of you.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
word count: 221
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”