• Graded • A day in the sun

Malcolm

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Elyna
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Official Troublemaker
Renown: 231
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A day in the sun

The Skyrider stretched out a hand across the floor, inching it over the hardwood until her finger caught hold of the closest shirt and she pulled it back to the bed. Sitting up, she slipped her arms through the sleeves, once again realising too late that it didn’t belong to her, but simply grinned and left it unfastened. She was still caught up in the blankets Malcolm hadn’t managed to steal from the bed, though it would be too hot to keep them overnight, with the weather turning as bright as it had that day. The muscles in her stomach burnt from laughing too hard and her face and neck were flushed, hair in disarray and eyes darkened by desire as she accepted the offered grapes, pulling them from the vine, one by one to roll between her fingers before eating.

The fortune telling had been embarrassing, one of those moments she’d wanted the world to swallow her into a pit. She’d refrained from rolling her eyes, but moved restlessly in the seat, trying to steal her own hand back form the old woman. Malcolms’ fortune had been fascinating, not that she believed in fate of course; but still, it sounded exciting. Perhaps she would have accepted her own more readily if it had involved at least a brush with death, because that was frankly far more likely than the other option.

It had been a good day. It had been the day she’d hoped they’d have together, a beautiful memory to cherish. There was a dangerous ease to spending time with the Captain, it was easy enough to make him laugh, and Elyna had found that in his company, she spent a majority of her time smiling or laughing outright, it was an infectious delight that spread and was harder and harder to suppress. Being happy, she was learning, made it easier to be happy and perpetuate that emotion. There was always the danger though, that she would start to feel truly comfortable, that this was allowed. That it wasn’t wrong. It was a fantasy after all; they didn’t live in the world where they could simply be together.

Elyna lent to the side, putting the food down before she shifted suddenly to lean over Malcolm as he lay back. Her long hair brushing against his bare chest, “and you have your sword,” she smiled down at him before pressing a soft kiss to the tip of his nose, “so you won’t forget me,” the words had fled her tongue before she could stop them, and doubt clouded her features for a moment. It had come out after all, despite all her care to hold in her worries and the jealousy that coiled within the pit of her stomach. She swallowed, and bowed her head to kiss him once more, trying to divert his attention. What were the chances he really listened anyway?

She didn’t want to go to Burhan, and she didn’t want him to go to Krom. She didn’t want him to have a wife…and all the wishing for things in the world wouldn’t change anything, and it was unfair to even think it could. When the kiss broke so they could breath, Elyna straightened, offering a half-smile, “the tenth…? I’ll see you then…and you can tell me how you received this,” her hand trailed down his torso before circling his thigh, where the slave brand sat. It was unmistakable, but it wasn’t fresh. Elyna would have bet her own leg, that there was a story behind it.
word count: 609
Malcolm
Renown: 179
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A day in the sun

he scar was an old friend, a reminder of the past, something he could have gotten rid of many arcs go, but had chosen not to. As Elyna’s fingers traced the raised and twisted flesh, she would know the shape even without laying eyes on it, a small sword all fighting slaves in Rynmere had been branded with for generations, no longer than an open hand, the modern markings were now set against a man's cheek or neck and were much shorter than the historical scars. The mention of the mark had distracted him momentarily from his thoughts. “A story for then,” he promised before wrapping his arms about the woman’s middle where one remained while the other raised his hand in search of her hair, fingers combed through the tousled mess.

Malcolm was quiet then, unsure as to whether or not he should say something, their day had been so pleasant after all that he wouldn’t like to bring up something that might threaten to leave a sour taste.
“Elyna,” he decided to speak up, “what do you mean, remember you by? Will I not have you with me always?” Always, he thought then, that could sound a little full on. “In future I mean, do you not see yourself with me, happily?”

Another pause, surely she would not let the silence answer for her, or the number of steps it took to march downstairs, counted out by the heavy footfalls of one of the waitresses, wandering back and forth with different room orders. Malcolm let his fingers fall free of the noble woman’s dark, silky tresses and looked her in the eye, the room all around them dark and in dire need of some candlelight.
Perhaps he should tell her, the thought had crossed his mind after all, about the land he had purchased and the wooden house that would be newly renovated to suit the two of them better by the time he returned from Krom. What if she had changed her mind? It wouldn’t be the first time. Malcolm let his gaze fall away; he wanted to tell her, but what if cold feet weren’t her reason for going this time? Would it be right to try and persuade her in such a way? I want you to stay, that’s what the sudden kiss he forced on her said, if nothing else.
Last edited by Malcolm on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 404
Elyna
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A day in the sun

A fighting sword, for a fighting slave. Disgust was a hard emotion to swallow, not at Malcolm but for what he must have endured. She could barely picture it, and found that she didn’t want to, not until he told his story himself. The Skyrider found herself staring into intense green eyes as her hair was pushed back from her face. His hand was rough and calloused against the softer skin of her features, but she turned to press a kiss against his palm. A lump rose in her throat as the words settled on the pillows and her mind scrambled.

She had been thinking of his journey to Krom; his more immediate departure and hers to Burhan. But his concern raised larger questions, always. Always? It was a long time, it was forever, was it not? Malcolm would live on, forever and she, like Vanessa would age each arc until …what then…? He moved on once more? Jealousy twisted her heart once more and she bit her lip, too lost in her own racing thoughts to realise the answer her silence provided. Her fingertips brushed over the brand mark again. Funny, how the sword she’d won for him would almost be a direct fit for the brand. A fighting slave, a slave of love? Love – She stumbled even thinking about the word. Was this what it was? They were both bound by it, trapped by it. But surely, there was nowhere else she would rather be?

His kiss silenced the sound of her thoughts and she returned it, with all the words she wouldn’t say out loud. Gasping for air, she blinked up at the Mortalborn and offered a faint smile, “the future is a long time away,” she reached up to run her hand over the sharp planes of his face, “I am happy with you, and I want to be with you. I want our dream of living together,” she assured him. It was all she could promise. It was all they could hope for really. She still wasn’t sure how it would really work, living together when they couldn’t even walk together in the walls of the city. Elyna pressed another playful kiss to the end of his nose before sinking back down against the covers. Her dark eyes scanned his, “I meant…when you go back to Krom,” she explained and the words though careful still left a bitter taste, “I know you have your family there,” Vanessa. Vanessa was in Krom; “and…it’s different you know. Being in the city, being outside the city. It’s like two different worlds,” Ely realised she was rambling and offered a faint smile.

“I’m sorry, I don’t have any right to your thoughts when you’re away… I just…I want them anyway.”
word count: 474
Malcolm
Renown: 179
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A day in the sun

The reassurance was nice and yet… Malcolm couldn’t help but feel like there was something more to it, that he had fooled himself into believing there was more to their relationship; was he just setting himself up for heartache later on? The captain seemed a little withdrawn all of the sudden, why had he told her about his abilities and his life? In the past it had pushed people away and he was worried that was happening again now. Did his longevity make his life less meaningful to others, or perhaps they considered their own less valuable for spending it with someone who need not fear old age, after all Vanessa had left him, a fresh wound that still stung.
He pulled Elyna closer and pressed a kiss to her temple before setting his head back against the pillow to close his eyes. The land and house had been easy enough to come by and he could probably just as easily let it go if things didn’t work out, giving Malcolm the push he would need in order to move on, pack his life up and sail away from Rynmere to start over if need be. He was caving to that nagging feeling that a few more arcs here would give him away, when the members of his team started to age and noticed how youthful he remained. He kept one arm tucked under Elyna, drawing slow circles against her shoulder as he let himself give in to his body’s exhaustion.
“Thank you for today,” he said quietly; that was all he could do, be thankful for what he had as long or short as that may be.
Last edited by Malcolm on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 281
Elyna
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A day in the sun

There was an instant, nagging sensation that somehow she had disappointed him. Elyna had left herself exposed by her admissions; her dreams of the future and desire to claim his affection, even when he returned to his wife. But Malcolm didn’t answer her; or provide any assurances of his own. The air was heavy above them, thick with heat and tinged with sadness. The Skyrider could feel him withdraw, as if he’d left the room and simply left his body behind. She turned into him, pressing her face against his chest, her arms wrapped around his waist; as if she could cling onto him.

Head bowed against his heart she closed her eyes; what else could be said or done? I love you, the words sounded in her mind, then over and over as her arms tightened. I love you, I love you…please don’t leave me…

“I’ll miss you,” she whispered against warm skin, “please hurry back…”
word count: 162
Rend
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Raider
Renown: -30
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

A day in the sun

Elyna

Intelligence +1
Ranged: Throwing Daggers +1
Negotiation +1 Politics +1
Seduction +1

Basic Knowledge
Fortune Tellers: Girl Fortunes are Boring and Likely Lies

Specific Knowledge
Malcolm: Will Test your Boundaries
Irrational Fears: I CAN Conquer Mine

Malcolm

Ranged: Throwing Daggers +2
Persuasion +1
Etiquette +1
Seduction +1

Basic Knowledge

Specific Knowledge
Throwing Daggers: Establishing Each Blades Weight Distribution
Elyna: Beautiful in a Dress
Elyna: Afraid of Snakes

As always, any questions or concerns, if you think anything is missing or are wondering why something is there, send me a PM
Just a note, after I graded this Negotiation was removed from the skill list, I've replaced it with Politics.
word count: 119
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”