• Closed • Ladies Night Out

Max And Lavana Meet Again.

10th of Cylus 718

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ladies Night Out

10th Of Cylus 718
Lavana found herself at the butcher shop but working in the back room all thanks to that mercenary Max. Lavana was tentatively working, cutting into the carcass being precise in her measure of the depth of its belly as the blade went down the length.

She was focused her movements steady one of discipline and concentration in her slow going methodical application, Lavana knew if she went in too deep she could strike the belly. And that was a real nasty affair, as the gizzards if ruptured would taint the flavor of the meat and make it most foul.

It was dirty work, but blood soaked hands were happy hands as she continued moving deeper and deeper till she was able to put push her hands inside the carcass.

One hand clasped the heart the other danced the knife delicately around it, she was gentle to pluck it out and put it on the table. They said it was the best part of the deer, but after obtaining it. Hands went in and pulled out the innards, as they dropped into the bucket underneath.

Her hands moved around gripping onto portions while that knife kept cutting, quartering the wild game into haunches for the night shift crew to filet into steaks and ribs and other things that were more pleasing to the eye.

She did wonder what ever happened to that mercenary, it was such fun when she decided to cut loose and go wild. She had a savage spirit and they had left a real massacre behind, had to hand it to her those deft blade strokes were magnificent. As she sort of looked back and admired the macabre painting of blood and gore in the alley.

She had an appreciation for her artistry, just couldn't get over that whirring sound and -thwap- as she severed a man from his hand in a fell swoop.

It appeared as if Lavana was deep in thought in the backroom, as she was sort of having fun reliving her experiences. As the rusalka had left a huge impression on her.
Last edited by Lavana Tharn on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 353
Max
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 950
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ladies Night Out

While Lavana was busy hacking away at swine, a pair of boots casually clicked upon the floor of the main room of the butcher shop. They were slow and deliberate as though intending not to draw much attention to their entry. A half bit later, a shadow darkened the doorway into the back room wherein the butcher's assistant worked.

"The new position suits you," Max's voice echoed unapologetically through the small space. Her body leaned against the door frame. "Are you only happy when you've got blood on your hands?" She knew she wasn't supposed to cross behind the counter of the main room. Nonetheless, when she pushed her shoulder off the door frame, she shamelessly entered the forbidden back room anyways. Her caramel eyes settled on the grim bucket of entrails. It was...unnerving that spilled innards should remind her of her last meeting with her new friend. Such seemed to be the style of their bloody relationship.

The Rusalka's gaze lingered upon the fresh hacks of meat the industrious woman had already set aside for selling. True to their word, Gibney and Dana had succeeded in ruining her reputation as a mercenary. None would hire her despite her promised set of skills. Even old friends who were once quick to call on her for a dirty job had turned her way, fearing the infamous wrath of The Kennel. Her work relations weren't the only thing left in shambles. Even the Merchant Guild had made a point to shun her. Prices for necessities were jacked up beyond the fair market value whenever she came around. More often than not, they were quick to turn her down altogether.

Hunger was a concept that was familiar to the orphan. The uncomfortable gnawing in her stomach was one she could weather, yet the sensation was beginning to grow old and the ex-mercenary more desperate. Survival was starting to override her pride. She gestured toward the whole of the meat-ridden room. "Think you could make good on that promise, spare me a bite?" The reluctance in her voice played through her nonchalant demeanor.

Slowly, Max sauntered further into the room to watch Lavana's finesse with the blade. Perhaps to both their surprise, in the dim light of the room as she came closer, the silver pendant still hung from around her neck.
word count: 398
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ladies Night Out

Date
The new position was fantastic and it was all thanks to Max and her sacrifice; All for her.

Lavana hadn't forgotten that she resisted coins and helped her live her dream job however dirty and vile it may be. She was so happy, but deep down she felt ashamed it wasn't supposed to be like this; not at such a steep personal cost to Maxine even if she promised her food, she still felt indebted no one had ever done that for her before.

Lavana looked at her hands soaked in blood that dripped off of her fingers into spattering droplets on the floor, lost in thought as she carefully chose the words for her answer.

"Actually yea you could say that, I'm always happy when your around." Lavana chuckled as she set back to methodically cutting flesh. Her tender smile an indication that it wasn't just a quip and that behind it there was something genuine.

Raskalarans Greatest Failure wasn't going to push her away, she had it all wrong. Max was always welcome in her court she was a baroness of scarlet sunsets and she -should- walk with shameless pride befitting a noble heir there were no boundaries, nothing forbidden. Those with jealousy and envy in there hearts spit on her, yet Lavanas bewitched amber eyes knew the rusalka was destined for so much more.

An eyebrow quirked up at the apprehension in her voice, you could hear reluctance even if she tried to play it off with capricious body language. "I don't, understand, think, spare, a bite?" There was shock in Lavanas perplexed voice, she stopped what she was doing and reached out.

The mortal born would attempt to perch her fingers under Maxs chin to gently raise it so they could see eye to eye.

"My castle is your castle, im surprised youd even think id let you starve, what gives? Do you really think so low of me?" Lavana was adamant about asserting Max's place at the table as she gave an atmosphere of hesitation."You can have more then just a bite, have your fill."

Maxine was entitled to whatever she wanted from Lavana.

The meat cutter walked over to the quartered portions of beef and moved the parts around . Her knife started working inbetween the bone of the prime rib roast as she made a steak, and then moved the other pieces till she found one of the tenderloins and she cut through the smallest tendon to retrieve it.

"That pendant looks great on you, I'm glad you kept it. It means a lot to me, to know it means something to you."

There were two options
Prime Rib Steak, Or Filet Mignon.
The two most sought after cuts.

"The one on the left has the most flavor, the one on the right has the most tenderness, take one I insist"

Perhaps the orphan might need to adjust to the concept of not being hungry anymore.

But there was something there, it hadn't been said yet she could almost feel it. Lavana wondered if she had come to get food, or if something else was up. She didn't want to ask and have her hesitate taking a meal so shed leave it alone unless approached.
word count: 553
Max
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ladies Night Out

Max's brow furrowed when she noticed the blatant perplexity written upon Lavana's features even before she voiced the confusion. For a moment she thought the butcher's assistant was about to shoot her request down. It had been a bold ask. Perhaps she had misheard the original offering when she was first given the necklace, or the terms of the agreement had somehow changed. Lavana may have put down the knife when she reached out toward her, but that didn't stop Max from eyeing her with careful, defensive eyes given the uncertainty of the situation.

Lavana's bloody fingers managed to indeed lift her chin, forcing the Rusalka to meet her gaze while she spoke. The level of generosity was not only unparalleled, but largely unfounded. She slowly recoiled her head from the woman's touch just before Lavana flitted toward the quartered meat. She used the back of her hand to rub away the droplets of pig blood her friend had gently impressed beneath her chin. At mention of the pendant she still wore the Rusalka shrugged, "Yeah, sure." The sound of a knife upon a cutting board rang out again. The irony of her new friend and their current surroundings was not lost on her. Of course the butcher with a claymore in the alley was an actual butcher in her day job, too.

Maxine blinked at her options. She couldn't remember the last time she was offered a high quality cut of anything. Had she ever? Most food she'd eaten as a child has been bland, nearly inedible scraps donated or cheaply bought. The kinder orphanages had at least tried to give meals flavor with seasoning tricks and sauces. The tastiness could be faked. The tenderness of a quality cut? Not so much. The orphan pointed to the filet mignon, the curious look on her face suggesting she still hadn't quite grasped everything that has just transpired.

"Thank you," Maxine forced the alien statement of gratitude out, mind still adjusting to Lavana's strange willingness to help her while searching for what it was exactly the woman was getting out of it. "Besides a taste of your handiwork..." She brushed her hair back behind her shoulders with her hands before crossing her arms. "I was wondering if you wanted to head to the Buckle and Chain. There's some skulls I'd like to bust open, but it turns out I don't have enough fists to do it all on my own."
word count: 422
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ladies Night Out

Tharn
As Max selected the filet mignon the butcher took the piece of parchment and folded it up with care as she tied the string with pride and handed the package to her. "No, thank you"

Lavana while a mortal born still had hopes and dreams and while she buried away those fondest memories a lifetime ago, Maxine had managed to unearth them. The Rusalka had even given them back to her, including her -dignity-. And a treasure trove of her deepest desires, had been handed to her on a silver platter that evening.

And at the end of the day, the ex mercenary had killed for her. Who was Lavana to not do the same for her in return?

"Gods" Lavana said with a brief pause, the word ushered from her lips oozed with theatrical flair as she over exaggerated the word in such a manner to make it sound like a chore but in a way that was obviously a joke; She then smiled that signature shit eating grin. "You never disappoint do you? she thought about her words for a second "You can have more then just a taste of my wares" she quipped laughing to herself on her wordplay " Yea I'd love to give you a hand, so tell me who's fucking with ya? Although I dread to think of anyone who's got enough balls to step on your toes, they must be savage as fuck." Lavana seemed enthusiastic about Max's proposal, almost as if disillusioned by the thrill of combat. "Sure, let's go party"

What was Raskalarns Daughter supposed to do or say? What were Max's hopes and dreams, and what were they worth to her; could a price even be set on something like that? The imperial princess was indebted, shed made her feel alive again.

But shed establish her friendship with Max, and wanted to build on it with trust. She was wild and dangerous, and so much more. If she wanted to know what Lavana was getting out of it, maybe she should ask.

"Last time you got cut pretty good, don't give me that shit about it being minor. You need anything? Don't fuck with me, if I gotta drag you out of this a hot mess I'll be mighty pissed." Lavana was serious about being prepared, if they were going to walk into a shit storm she wanted to make sure they were both prepared for the long haul.

This time she hung her smock. And dipped her hands in the water, before returning to her locker as she began fitting herself in her other work uniform leather and bronze as she tossed them over her plain clothes.

"I'm ready to go when you are, was kinda hoping you'd show up asking me to handle business with you again.
word count: 480
Max
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ladies Night Out

Max took the parchment from the butcher's assistant, tossing it up a few inches only to catch it again within her grasp. A single brow rose when Lavana voiced her willingness to participate in her offer for more mayhem. The peculiar woman always seemed to jump at the opportunity to join in conflict. Apparently the Rusalka had chosen her ally for a good old fashion fisticuffs well.

"Savage?" Max shrugged her shoulders, unimpressed. "Hardly. More like faces turned less friendly." She'd already busted her knuckles against their flesh plenty of times, and accepted a beating in return. Like an old dog refusing to learn new tricks, she still rolled back into the Buckle and Chain Tavern when Mercedes wasn't at her side for more. It wasn't just stubbornness that kept her returning to the watering hole. The Scalvoris Inn jacked the drink prices up on her and O'Rourke's flat out refused to serve her. It was her rapport with Tilda that kept prices reasonable and a cup filled. Distrusted as she was in the mercenary industry, she rarely failed to tip.

"I told you before that I'm fine, didn't I?" she challenged Lavana with a roll of her eyes. "If I stopped every time someone outsmarted me in a fight, I'd never get anything done." The dark-haired woman tightened her cloak around her shoulders and gestured for the butcher's assistant to follow her out the door. Sure enough, the walk was a familiar, short one.

Maxine shoved the door to the Buckle and Chain open with rough flare. Within held the usual crowd of regulars like herself. They sat at the same tables or stools, drinking the same alcohol as usual in the same company. The routine of this particular tavern and its crowd was perhaps, sadly, the most stable situation in her life. At the very least it always tended to be predictable. Max strode over to one empty table for two that was closer to the quiet section. Seated in her chair facing out, she enjoyed a solid view of both the door and the bar. As she took her favorite chair, she gestured to the one across from her.

In a half bit Tilda appeared with a half-finished bottle of rum in hand. She placed it before the Rusalka with a slow shake of her head.
"Neva learn, do ya, love?" she tsked Max with hands on her wide hips. "One o' these trials they're gon' knock ya dead if ya not careful." The Rusalka smirked and crossed her arms.
"That's why I'm evening the odds," Max explained with a nod toward Lavana. Tilda looked toward the newcomer with a critical gaze. After a few moments she placed a set of cups down upon the table.
"Good," she decided bluntly. "Ya do well for ya self on ya own, out numbered an' all tha'. Be nice to see them lickin' more wounds after I toss ya lot out."
"Throw this on the grill for me and I'll make sure they tip on their way out," Max held the filet wrapped in parchment toward Tilda with a hopeful expression. The bartender sighed but took the meat as she sauntered back to work.

"So," Maxine turned back toward the table and poured some rum into both cups. "I reckon no one's missing Daris too much. How's the new spot? Everything you'd hoped?" She threw back a shot and set to refilling her cup, patiently awaiting Lavana's response if she had one to give.
word count: 604
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ladies Night Out

Tharn
"I see", Lavana took her bronze gauntlets off and tossed her sword back in the locker. "Won't be needing those then I guess" This wasnt about life or death, just a brawl. The mortal born couldn't help but feel naked without her gear.

It was no surprise that Max would refuse to prepare for whatever lay in wait down the road, but Lavana couldn't help but crack a genuine smile as she rolled her eyes at her. No...Fucks...Given. It was part and parcel of the Rusalkas eloquent charm, a part of her knew it was going to be a shit show and maybe just maybe it was that propensity for violence that stirred her.

No weapons just leathers, she understood.

They'd walked out to the buckle and chain, and Maxine just knocked the door open with dramatic flair. Lavana felt great, it was nice to get out and cut loose, but really she was up for blood sport it lingered in her mind as sweet whispers sang there hushed lulls.

It hadn't changed much since there last visit, it was the same theme a den of debauchery and sin just with a different level of appreciation. She couldn't complain. It was certainly different but it was definitely something that she could acclimate herself into. As she looked onward with enthralled eyes that gently rolled across the scenery.

Maybe even easily.

She took a seat next to Max as she had tossed the package at a woman named tilda, she had a feeling this wasn't about murdering people in a dark alley the way they were talking back and forth. Lavana squeezed her hands a bit in anticipation, they felt weird without the added weight of bronze.

She poured rum In some cups, this was new for her. Shed mostly smoke and drink wine, hard liqueur was a new concept as she looked at the cup before tilting it back and letting it's contents roll down her belly. It was spicey as she breathed out and let the fire rest easy with a smooth finish that warmed her.

She had developed a taste for spirits, they were great. She wanted another as she waited for another shot to come her way as she jangled her cup politely requesting.

"Yea it's been great, feels like I have my dignity again. Got you to thank for it, too." Lavana seemed interested in seeing what things her friend was into."Hey I hate ask but do you smoke? I'm looking, but not seeing. You can smell that sweet leaf lofting though. I got coins if you'd like to join, I don't know anyone here." After her request she seemed to wonder about this arrangement, around Max she wanted to cut herself loose and party."Hey Tilda, what's that up on the top shelf" She looked at Max "That looks good, Te-leq-we-ah" she seemed to have this gods forsaken crazy look. We want the whole fucking bottle of Teqiwi, right Max? she seemed to have this look of just straight up crazy bitch plastered on her visage." we never did get properly introduced, so what's your story? What's going on with you?"
word count: 548
Max
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ladies Night Out

It seemed such a simple thing for Lavana to have felt dignified again with a small promotion. There was a time that Max felt just the same. All she'd wanted was to find her place among a proper Biqaj crew, sailing the seas as an asset rather than the hot-headed hindrance she'd historically made herself out to be. Discipline and respect were concepts she lacked when dealing with half the captains she served under. She'd given up when she literally blew her last crew to smithereens. She'd given up again when The Kennel shunned her. Now it seemed the Rusalka was beginning to slip down into a spiraling abyss that would likely doom her sooner rather than later. She'd fallen so far now that nothing really felt enough. She always wanted more.

A half-grin spread upon her face when her companion inquired about finding something to smoke. She leaned back in her chair but pressed a finger to her lips, nodding. Casually, she glanced over her shoulder to confirm her personal dealer was indeed present at a table across the room. He had the same hole-ridden beanie on per usual as he was leaned in to talk to the rest of the shady bunch he drank with. If she knew anything about the man, it was that he always kept a pouch of bug berries on him. However, as he'd informed her previously, recreational use of the berries was prohibited.

"I can score something if you can be patient," Max admitted slyly. "We'll have to smoke it when we're out of here though." Tilda arrived at the tail end of her statement. Given the sort of clientele she relied on, it was unlikely the woman had intentions of turning her in on suspicion of illicit drug use. She'd lose half her regulars. In any case, whatever the bartender was thinking was disrupted by Lavana's request for a new type of liquor.

Tequila?

Max scrunched her face with displeasure. Nothing good ever happened when she drank tequila. Well, truthfully, nothing good ever happened when she drank anything. Tilda looked to her when Lavana asked whether the Rusalka would partake in a bottle. She rolled her eyes. "Yeah," she conceded. "Fuck it. Why not? Send the tequila bottle." She poured herself and Lavana another shot of rum while they waited for Tilda to return with the godforsaken stuff. Her friendship with this blood-lusting woman was probably going to get her killed as fast as her toxic relationship with Merces. It was decided. By blade or bottle, she wasn't destined to see her hair go grey.

"My story?" Max seemed taken aback by the prying. She wasn't one to tell personal anecdotes. Her secrets were her own, if not to avoid judgement but to keep her head off the chopping block. The things that she'd done just to land in Scalvoris were unforgivable. "Not much of a story to tell," she lied off the cuff. "No ties. No responsibilities. I just do what I do to get by, and I try to enjoy myself while I do it." Max was a hard-drinking, sharp-tongued, hot-headed mess of a woman. Anyone with a set of eyes and ears that spent time with her for a trial could find that truth.

"What about you?" Maxine hastily turned the tables after throwing her shot back. "You're not from here. Not even close." She leaned forward in her chair, caramel eyes studying Lavana's face as though the answer were written upon the woman's forehead. "Your accent sounds west. You're definitely no Scalvorian. I'm sure of that. Etzos? Ne'haer?" It had been arcs and arcs since she'd stepped foot on the western lands of Idalos. Part of her longed for it again if only to retreat from the cold of the north.

Tilda placed the bottle of tequila between them and the cooked filet mignon in front of Max. A fork and knife were placed on either side of the plate and then the bartender was gone. While she waited to see if her guesses were in the right direction regarding her friend's past, she picked up her utensils to carve into the tender meat.
word count: 724
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ladies Night Out

Tharn
"Yea let's do it " Was Lavanas enthusiastic response, as she seemed to think about the situation as she slid some nels Maxs way when she was ready to go do what needed to be done.

The second cup of rum was as much a treat as the first, as Lavana was happy to kick it back before tapping the cup on the table just a little bit. "Fuck, that's good." If rum was lovely, certainly tequila on the top shelf had to be divine she had high expectations as she listened to the Rusalka .

"See I don't get it Max, me and you, we could run this place. We should do some mercenary work sometime and clean house, build up our own business venture. Think about it, why do we have to be everyone's bottom bitch? " Lavana smiled thinking about the pure havoc inducing carnage the two of them could cause if they had badges of authority." I'm telling you, we could make a killing" Lavana laughed a bit. "Are cut throat prices will bury the competition."

The tables had been turned as the question came from Maxine as she made an inquiry from the lands she hailed from before scalv. As Max inched her way closer she was staring at her something fierce.

" Truthfully I'm an imperial, came from the eternal empire. It feels like forever ago though." Lavana started the conversation truthfully, she didn't feel the need to hide anymore she felt empowered and dangerous. Lavana seemed a bit melancholy though as she sullenly played with her cup, a lot had happened to her and the last time she gave a confession shed been rejected by Vega and left in the cold. "I miss those golden days, just riding horses on my adopted father's land. Never felt so free in my life."

The entree was Max's and shed let her friend eat as she wondered how many days shed been without, taking her attention to the shot glasses and bottle of tequila. She picked it up and looked at it. "Blue, Agave."She said nodding at the cordial before cracking it open and pouring them both shots.

It was different in coloration and fragrance, but she had faith in this agave thing as she tilted the shot back. Her only expression was one of mild confusion, as she breathed out it had such a smooth flavor the only thing she could taste was the agave but not the alcohol with peppery notes to finish it off. " It doesn't taste like much of anything." Lavana was perplexed by this interesting revelation.
word count: 443
Max
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ladies Night Out

Max swiped the nels off the counter to pocket before she continued cutting her cooked filet into imperfect squares. Rather than react immediately, she actually sat back and listened to what Lavana was saying completely for once. She wasn't shocked she was off with her guesses about the woman's origin. Indeed she hailed from the west, but not quite so far west as the cities she'd name dropped. At least the robust set of armor she knew her to possess made much more sense now than before.

The Rusalka found herself briefly pondering Lavana's circumstances. Riding horses on a land one's family owned themselves seemed like a typical orphan child's daydream. Her acquaintances growing up had such luxury by no means. She could only imagine the feeling of actual control over a mount, the speed and the power that must've come with it. It sounded like a life most would've loathed to leave. Part of her wished to ask why Lavana had but repressed the inclination. Such an inquiry would likely open the door for the woman to do the same, and Max's past was one that was best left firmly behind her.

The Rusalka eyed the bottle of tequila suspiciously as the Imperial took it up, cracked it open, and took a shot of it. She expected the woman to cringe at the taste. Instead the woman was apparently not phased by it at all. It tasted like nothing at all? Maxine forked a piece of filet and popped it into her mouth. The moment she started to chew on the tender cut, she leaned back in her chair with a close-mouth grin.

"Well this sure does," she said, pointing down to the delicious meal the Imperial had been generous enough to provide for her. The moment the food touched her tongue, the hunger that lingered in the back of her mind came to the forefront. She wasted no time sticking her fork into another piece. She imagined this was the sort of meat that was fit for royalty. It was far and above the scraps she had grown up on. That much was certain.

As good as the meal really was though, Maxine was still a booze hound at heart. Reluctantly, she set her utensils down in favor of her emptied cup. She poured herself a shot of the tequila and tossed it back. Then she waited for the familiar burn in her throat and the cringe that came with the flavor. Her brow knit. The Imperial hadn't been a liar. It was the best tequila she'd ever had. It wasn't so good she was prepared to trade up from her beloved rum though. Besides, in her case, alcohol that didn't taste like alcohol could be troublesome.

"By the way," Max finally said begrudgingly as she set the cup down, mind wandering back to something in particular Lavana had pitched earlier. "I'm nobody's bottom bitch." There were problems with Lavana's idealistic plan to take Almund by siege, cutting down the competition, and monopolizing a successful mercenary business. The biggest problem? Max. "The Kennel is full of sharks and they have no interest in entertaining any other fish in their water, trust me." She stabbed with more force than necessary into another piece of filet. She vividly remembered Dana and Gibney's threats the day they ostracized her from their company. If Lavana made the mistake of taking on The Kennel, and worse, did it by teaming up with Max? There was no doubt they'd see it through that someone put her in the ground. Max couldn't handle carrying the burden of that guilt. The feeling she got when she considered that reality told her that much.

Maxine was just about to put another piece of coveted steak dinner in her mouth, when suddenly she found the fork struck out of her hand. Her caramel eyes watched the utensil clatter to the floor with her emptied hand curling into a fist.
"Whoops," an all too familiar voice feigned surprise behind her back. "Guess I don't have good eyes for traitorous snakes." A quartet of laughter arose after the poor quip. She didn't need to turn to know who was in her shadow. Her caramel eyes rested on the woman sitting across from her briefly, a noticeable change occurring in them as they turned dark. That was the only warning Lavana might've caught before everything escalated.

Max quickly switched her knife to the hand that once held the fork, and swung her arm back. A yelp cried out. The Rusalka rose and turned just as a heavier-set, scar-faced man hobbled backward with a knife plunged into his thigh. The remaining three men and one woman didn't retreat despite the look of shock that flashed across their faces.
"Whoops," Max mocked the first man darkly. Then her eyes turned toward the rest as surprise visibly faded from their expressions. "Maybe you pups should go whining back home to The Kennel before I send another one of you back limping." The Hounds each adjusted into their individual fighting stances. Their fierce stares were locked onto the one Dana and Gibney had deemed an untrustworthy wretch.

Fine. Limping it is.

Maxine didn't wait for the collective threat to fall upon her. She threw the first punch into the nearest jaw in her strike range. It landed solidly, and though the man turned with the force of the hit, his tower-like kin was quick to punish her. The giant of a man grasped the Rusalka by her collar and literally hurled her. Her landing overturned one of the nearby tables and sent her rolling twice upon the wooden floor.

Damn, that hurt!

Grimacing, she planted her hands upon the ground and set to finding her feet. No doubt they were preparing to all jump her like usual. Her only hope of evening the familiarly unfavorable odds was Lavana. Max didn't trust anyone, not for anything. Yet, even as she heard foot steps behind her just before she turned to face the next enemy closing in, she fell victim to the feeling that this friend wasn't about to let her down. Not in this fight.
Last edited by Max on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1059
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”