a coding question

Here you can ask questions relating to the Standing Trials roleplay to everyone in the community. All members are welcome to assist here.
Jedith Skylar
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Player Review
Templates

a coding question

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 am

If this has been asked here in the Questions & Answers section before, then my apologies for not finding it. Moreover, given personal limitations I will have to ask most of my questions in this forum, but I shall attempt to be succinct on each. For those that know the coding parameters, what are the values required to have two style sections side by side? By this I mean having two directly parallel, as if they were two pages in an open book? I hope this is clear; my thanks.
The ugliest 12 arc old in Idalos. Mildly useful info
► Show Spoiler
[/color]
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Office
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

a coding question

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Jedith,

You essentially need two styles and manipulate them so they are side-by-side. I know of a CS that used them. That is linked below.

http://standingtrials.com/viewtopic.php ... 947#p20945

The first box would be on the right, represented by the stuff in the style 2 coding. A second style 2 coding down at the bottom is the column on the left. Essentially you leave the bottom style 2 (left box) as simple as it gets and you restrict the parameters of the first style 2 code with width, height, and location by the float:right.

You can ignore the style 3 and style codes as that just helps with pictures and other stuff associated with this CS.
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Muse
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Contribution

a coding question

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:31 pm

Like Nymph said, it's totally possible!

If you'd like someone to build a code for you, you're welcome to send me the parameters you're looking for and I can send you the code to use. I'm happy to help!
Jedith Skylar
Race: Mixed Race
Character Sheet
Player Review
Templates

a coding question

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 am

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had trouble finding the thread for a couple of days. Nymph I particularly appreciate the example, since it will help me figure it out. Muse, that's a very kind offer, and I may take you up on it in a few days.
The ugliest 12 arc old in Idalos. Mildly useful info
► Show Spoiler
[/color]

Return to “Questions & Answers”