Skill Development OOC

Use this thread to discuss skills, ask questions, and request support!

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Skill Development OOC

Skill Development Chat and Q&A
The purpose of this thread is to discuss any and all things related to skill development! This may include work that is in-progress or ready for review, questions that you may have for the Prophets and each other, and any more general comments or suggestions that you might have. I may also use this thread to post announcements, if anything comes up.

Feedback on individual skill write-ups should continue to be posted in the write-up thread for that skill.
word count: 88

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

I'll kick this off with a response I gave to a player about when the appropriate time is to take over the write-up for a skill that seems to have been abandoned. Here's what I said:

If you would like to take over a skill that seems to have been abandoned, please first reach out to one of the Skill Development mods. We'll check in with the player or staff member to see if they're still doing any work on the skill and/or if they're comfortable with the write-up moving to someone else. If we don't hear back from that player or staff member within a reasonable amount of time, or if they say that they're fine with the write-up being passed to someone else, we'll give you the go-ahead to take it over!

Cheers,
Ru
word count: 149

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Who said it was futile?!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Resistance is written up and I'd appreciate any and all feedback. I'm not sure that I'm 100% happy with it, to be honest. I feel like it needs to be more detail and yet, I've put everything in there that I can think should go.

Also - would appreciate feedback on the distinction between Resistance, Endurance and Discipline at the beginning. If that's agreed / approved, I wonder if it should be edited in to all three? Thanks!

~Faith.

PS: Also very much hoping some players might comment on Carpentry and Caregiving Thanks!
word count: 106
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Rose Greenwood
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Healer
Renown: 60
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Gardening Edits have been made. Would love some feedback. Thanks!
word count: 10
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Immortal
Profession: God of Curses
Renown: 665
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I've made a skill writeup for Lockpicking. If anyone has any feedback I'd be most appreciated.
word count: 24
Fast Facts
Noticeable quirks your character can see when threading with Tio.

Floats

Tio floats in the air, usually just a foot off the ground.

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Tio has a masked alter ego who leads The Court of Miracles.

Enchanting Voice

Tio's voice has hypnotic properties.
Rose Greenwood
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Healer
Renown: 60
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Surgery | Been wanting to do this one since I started. I know there is more we can add, so please let me know if you guys have any additional ideas.
word count: 30
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Hi all!

Thank you all so much for your contributions to the skill development subforum! I will be prioritizing skill reviews over the next week or two, so please keep an eye out for my feedback if I haven't dropped some on your thread already. I'm really looking forward to reading all of your great submissions and to getting some more skills up in the Lore Book.

And if you're currently working on a skill, now's the time to complete it so that you can get some swift feedback! :D

Additionally, please remember that providing a peer review to others is not only welcome but very much appreciated. Take a peek at what everyone else is working on and be sure to give them some feedback, as well!

Cheers,
Ru
word count: 133

Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

FYI: Just started working on cosmetology. It's still rough draft-y, but any comments welcome!
word count: 16
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Pash Raj'oriq
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Tankbard
Renown: 315
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I will ... get back to revising my two submissions. Yep. Sorry.
word count: 11
Rakahi | Rakahi Pidgin | Common | Xanthean

Because of his Competency in Empathy magic, Pash exudes an aura of calm emotion that is always "on." While it's not strong enough to overcome extreme emotions and it also loses strength the more people he's around, it's still up to you how that affects your character in whatever situation we're in. PM with questions!
[/googlefont]
Maebella
Race: Eídisi
Renown: 54
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

So seeing as it's been up for a few days and I feel like it might have slipped below people's radar, I have a write-up for a martial art here that could do with some feedback: Unarmed Combat (Menochoros). It's popular in Viden but not confined to it.
word count: 52
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “CtW - Unfinished Archive”