Faith's Letters

Best Keep a track here.

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Rafael Warrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Noble, Aspiring Rebel
Renown: 58
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

Written on the echo scroll. Dated to the 80th of Ymiden, 717
Faith,

I've been putting this off for far too long. I wish I could write things were going well, but they're not. What kind of a friend does that make me, that I only write to you now that everything around me is collapsing? Are we even friends anymore? I don't even know you that well, and yet I feel compelled to reach out to you. You're the only person I believe I can trust.

All the plans I made have been undone. I wish I could tell you more, but for your sake, I cannot bring myself to involve you in any of it. I've made many mistakes, Faith. While I can see now that my ambition blinded me, I do not know if my enemies will be as forgiving, and I have made many enemies. My father loves me, but does not understand me. My mother...she'd have me stay inside all day and be sheltered from the world. My siblings, I don't see them much, nor do I wish to be around them. They too do not understand what I am after, sometimes I feel as though I don't even know myself.

There are but two things that I do know. The first is that I am no longer safe as long as I stay in Rynmere, but I do not know where else to go. The second is that I regret never having been upfront with you. From the day I first saw you, I've felt compelled to seek you out. You, who are everything that I am not. I wish I had asked you to be my betrothed when I had the chance. I love you, but I wish that I didn't.

Yours,

R.
word count: 311
Life is a dark comedy, only you're not in on the joke.
Aeon
Profession: Hero :|
Renown: 183
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

40th of Zi'da, 717

Dear Faith

Life has been a ride, hasn't it? I apologise for not writing to you more often, but I think you will find it in your heart to forgive me, for I am in Scalvoris, and would love to meet both you and Padraig. I will be staying at the Rusted Flowers inn, for I have heard it is "the best inn this side of Scalvoris Town", at least according to their sign. I will be awaiting you with impatience.

Aeon
word count: 88
ImageImage
"A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down"
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Faith's Letters

To: Doctor LeVarro of the "Bedside Manor", Etzos.
Etzos city guard,
Captains of Rynmere Iron Hand,
Order of the Adunih outposts throughout Idalos.
Chancellor of Viden Academy,
Chancellor of Rynmere University,
Seacres Medical Facility, Ne'haer.
Temple of Moseke, Desnind
Medicine House, Desnind
Empress of the Eternal Empire, via Kura

Sent: 40th Zi'da, 717

Re: Noth / Prince of Eternal Mercies.

I am writing to inform you of the identity of a known murderer who resides in Etzos. On 40th Zi'da, 717, I was making my way to meet my long term friend, Aeon, previously a member of the Rynmere Iron Hand and hero of the Rynmere Civil War. He was also part of the group who defended Ne'haer against the shadow beast attacks in Vhalar 716. Today, I witnessed his murder by the hands of a half-avriel known to me as Noth. He has a very specific appearance, being half avriel and having only one wing.

Noth revealed himself to me, also, as the "Prince of Eternal Mercies", a moniker he used here in Scalvoris when he killed a criminal and hung him from a tree. To-trial, I watched Noth push Aeon into the fire of a burning building, without pause or remorse. Aeon was in there saving a baby - an infant - Noth took the child from Aeon's hands and pushed Aeon back into the flames. I took the child from him, as the guards came around the corner and he then utilised some kind of teleport / rupture portal / item and disappeared.

In Scalvoris he is now wanted for arson and murder. He has murdered a hero of Andaris and Ne'haer. I was unable to stop him as I am in the late stages of pregnancy and could not engage him, but he was clear that he and I would struggle. I presume this was some kind of threat but, that notwithstanding, his acts of murder must be brought to justice.

I can not chase him, but I send this letter to as many places, and people, as I can, in the hope that the walls will close around him and he will be brought to answer for his crimes.

With hope for justice,

Faith Augustin.
word count: 373
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Faith's Letters

Cylus 5, Arc 718

Faith,

It has been a while since I wrote to you, and I apologize for that. You must already have given birth by now. I hope that everything went well. When your child is older, you must come and visit Ayla and me. I would like nothing more than to see you again, and I promise, I will not insult Padraig. He makes you happy, and that’s the most important thing.

Faith, I think I’m in trouble. No, the whole kingdom is in trouble. I was so happy when King Cassander gave me Oakleigh. I thought that he was one of my best friends, but Oakleigh turned out to be a poisoned chalice. My subjects view me as an intruder. Some of them even want to kill me. Cassander must have been aware of that. But why did he give me Oakleigh then?

I’m trying to change things, I’m trying to make my subjects like me better because I don’t want to give up, and I can’t give Oakleigh back anyway, not if I don't want to end up in prison, but I’m not sure if I’m successful …

On top of that Cassander recently decided to outlaw magic, and do you know what the punishment for being a mage is? Being burned alive! It isn’t right, and it isn’t fair. It’s cruel, and it doesn’t make any sense. Magic used to be legal. These people became mages before Cassander’s new law! I don’t know what you think, but in my opinion being a mage doesn’t automatically make you evil! Cassander’s people are killing innocents!

Cassander should focus on the real threats, like my cousin Pythera and her bandits. If he continues like that, we’ll have another civil war on our hands soon, and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do then. I’m no revolutionary, and I don’t want to be revolutionary either. I don’t want to become a traitor, I don’t want to end up like Veljorn Burhan and lose my head, but I don’t know how I’ll be able to make him see reason.

Faith, you must help me. You are one of the few people that I really trust. What can I do? What shall I do? I used to love Rynmere, but I can barely recognize my home country anymore!

Faith, you must promise never to tell anybody about this, not even your husband. When he’s in a bad mood, Cassander might just decide to have me executed because I criticized his decisions and wrote that I don’t want to become a traitor!

Tristan
The message arrived via magic scroll.
word count: 466
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Faith's Letters

Cylus 5, Arc 718

Faith,

You have twins! Congratulations! You must be so happy!

Unfortunately I am sure. I watched one of those executions myself. It was a massacre. I don’t know what Cassander is thinking. The Cassander I know, the Cassander who likes puppies and wine and cheese and who was so happy for me when Zanik blessed me, would never have ordered the killing of all mages because one of them attacked him. I was almost raped by a mage once, but I don't want all of them to die.

Maybe he isn’t thinking at all. Maybe he lost his mind. Maybe he’s gone mad with fear, or maybe somebody is manipulating him. There are probably a lot of people who try to manipulate him. Sometimes I think I should just go and talk to him and try to be his friend.

I don’t know what the Empress is saying, and I don’t know what’s going on with Alistair either. I think he’s gone mad as well. Everybody seems to have gone mad. Alistair is in a relationship with Fridgar, the crazy Becomer who attacked the king, and he has, as far as I know, left the country. He isn’t a Venora anymore. He has lost his title and everything else.

Faith, if I had any chance of success, I would personally take control of the kingdom even though I never wanted to become a politician in the first place, but Veljorn had an army and failed. I just have a cat and a couple of mercenaries, and I don’t want anybody to die or be unhappy. I just want my friend Cassander back, I want my Rynmere back, and I want everybody to work together and get along because life’s too short!

How did you get the ability to communicate with people in their dreams, by the way?

Can I have it as well, please?

Until tonight! I’m really looking forward to seeing you again!

Tristan

P.S.: I’m a really good alchemist now!
word count: 350
Virikai Talius
Approved Character
Race: Eídisi
Profession: Researcher/Student
Renown: 154
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Faith's Letters

2nd Trial of Ashan,
718th Arc

Dear Ms Augustin,

I had hoped to make your acquaintance last season, at the anniversary of the opening of Viden Academy's Scalvoris Campus. Alas, fate did not allow it, though I was most delighted to hear the happy news which kept you away from the celebrations.

I am planning to visit Scalvoris town in the coming trials and hope you will be available to meet with me at a time that is convenient for you. Though I am sure you are very busy, I would delight in the honour of inviting you and your husband to dinner on the evening of the ninth trial of Ashan. I have heard of your philanthropy, amongst other shining endeavours, and would like to become involved. I am sure, with the flourishing relations between Viden and Scalvoris, we might promote further, mutually beneficial contributions beyond the Academy. Faithfully,

Lord Virikai Talius
word count: 161
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Councillor of Natural Affairs
Renown: 897
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

17th of Ashan, 718.

Dearest Faith,

After a long detour, I've arrived in Rynmere again. The plot of land I first showed to you at the beginning of this is still there, overgrown and cluttered as ever - but I've started work, as much as I can, to build it into something to continue what we started; I mean, I won't lie, you started this a lot better than I have, whatever's made here probably won't come close to Cally's, but it's worth a shot. I've attached some blueprints and suggestions and as many other notes as I could, and I'd really appreciate any other thoughts or suggestions you have.

But honestly, that's not why I wrote to you today. Faith, I need your help.

I've never been a good fighter, or even an average one. I have no trouble admitting that I'm not exactly courageous, I don't think I've ever risked my life for a cause I believe in or to help a person I care about, though that might be more the lack of necessity than the lack of effort on my part, I realise as I write this. I've never had to take a life, and I hope I never will. But something's happened here, in Rynmere. Something big. Opinions have changed, everything's changed, and in some ways I like it, and some I really, really don't. But it's something I believe in. I think I want to put my skills and my abilities into it. I just... don't know if I'm really ready yet.

Mages are dangerous. I know it, I've seen it. I've seen lives ruined by it, directly, indirectly... it doesn't have a place in this world. I'm sorry if you think otherwise but when I return to Scalvoris, I'll show you two of its sufferers and let you make your own mind up. I can't fight them yet, but these people in Rynmere, they can... I can learn from them, I can fight them too. I don't know what tools they have, but they're working, they're making it safe for people again, and I want to help. I want to be able to protect myself, and those around me. I want to hunt down the ones that mean to harm us, that think they can do whatever they want just because they have the power to do so.

But there's something darker going on here. If I get dragged into that, I'd never forgive myself. If I get trapped here, locked by duty or whatever other crap they call it, I'll go mad before the season is up! I just... I don't know. Is doing what feels right ever supposed to feel so wrong?

I don't know what to do, honestly. I need your advice, your voice of reason. Should I join the Moseke Knights, join this new... order, whatever it's called? Do you think I'm even ready for this? I don't know if I am, but even I'm unsure of myself on this.

Eagerly awaiting your reply,
Nir'wei.
word count: 545
We return to where we started, and pass onwards into history.
Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: The Best Hero
Renown: 485
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

The letter arrived suddenly, extremely late in the season. It's delivered by a very disgruntled looking courier who by now is certainly thinking that this job was a mistake. As per his request, he delivers it directly to Faith and none other than Faith along with a large and very heavy box and an unknown sender. Then again after the mess caused by Noth, perhaps the sender is not unknown to Faith. The courier does mention a "Nightshade" with a disgruntled mutter as he hands Faith the letter but doesn't actually say any last name. The chest is most easily describes as a treasure chest with a heavy duty lock. Judging by the weight of the letter itself, the key is likely to be inside along with the letter. The flying beast that up until that moment had been carrying the box seems far too relieved for it to finally be gone, flying away immediately after its master steps back onto it.

Dear Faith,

I hope this letter, as well as the box that goes along with it, finds its way to you properly. I was hesitant to send the box itself given what it contains, but I felt the sooner it managed to get into your hands the better. Suffice to say I thought it worth the risk. Recently I've been hearing talk all the way over here in Etzos of you and the faction you've created. As well as the good that it's doing. It's always been a goal of mine to help others, to create a world where all could be equal and treated well. Where people wouldn't have to sleep on the streets or live in constant fear. From what I've heard, you seek the existence of a similar world. In the envelope of this letter, you will find a key, said key will open the box. You can use what's inside the box for whatever you see fit, my hopes are that in your hands it'll find its way to those that truly need it.

I do not know how soon you'll be getting this letter but I plan to take measures in order to come visit in the coming Ymiden. I plan to hopefully arrive sometime on the 35th and stay for roughly 10 trials before I return to Etzos, as I worry for the safety of the city if I'm absent for too long. Things have been, rather upsetting over here to say the least. That's part of the reason why I wish to come to Scalvoris. I would like to approach you on the idea of starting up an Isonomia Headquarters within Etzos, as the city is rank with corruption and subjugation of the weak. I've been taking measures to try and do what I can to decrease the issue, but my own work can only go so far. While I can teach young men and women how to fight off bandits and put all the resulting nels from my recently opened business into charity, the city is lacking in any true faction that stands against crime and slaughter. In fact, we seem to have managed to developed a faction that stands for the exact opposite. I feel as though the city could greatly benefit from some kind of driving force in the interests of good. If need be I can even handle most of the funding to get a Head Quarters set up over here as well as do what I can to help it function. I'd be more than happy with whatever ways I can help. We can speak more on the issue when I come to visit.

Again, I truly hope that what I've sent will in some way go to helping Isonomia, even if I wish the sum could be a touch larger. I do hope you'll consider working with me in the future so that we can ensure the spread of the values put forth by your faction and hopefully promise just a little bit of a brighter future.

It seemed as though the sender had either forgotten or purposed left off their name. Likely forgotten. Upon opening the chest Faith would quickly find it to be entirely full of gold nels. If she actually found she had the time to count them all individually, it would pan out to be 10,000 golden nels. Exactly. If it wasn't exact, there would need to be words had with the courier.
word count: 761
Common ~ Ith'Ession ~ Lorien
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Patrick
Approved Character
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

Addressed to Faith, arriving late evening of Ymiden 5th

Faith,

Boy. Where do I start with this? First off know that everything is okay for now, and that what your about to read has been handled in it's own way. Earlier to-trial I experienced another episode, if you recall my current 'condition' we've been dealing with, and I think this time it was worse. Almost as bad as an actual turn, thankfully the ring keeps that from happening so long as it's worn. About that though... Another crack has developed with the band, and it's glow has darkened as a result as well. It's only been two seasons but I think... Maybe because the beat's rampage was cut off, a residual amount of rage also lingered. If that's the case then this could mean big trouble, unless I can figure out a means of venting it's rage completely.

What happened earlier couldn't have gone any worse in my opinion, somebody who I didn't expect stepped in to help with my predicament. I won't indulge you want exactly happened, as I know you won't fully approve, but she helped me regain control when I felt it a struggle to do so. And now, regrettably, it would seem another knows of my secret. I don't know just how deeply I can trust her with it, but I recalled seeing you and her speak at that event on the first. Amaris. Took me a spell to remember it correctly! I definitely had no intention of her getting involved... since what I'm gonna have to do will put anybody that does at great risk.

I need to find a place on the island to hide out in, somewhere far away so the beast can't track it's way back to town. I got to thinking that maybe if you knew a few places, then perhaps I'd see to it that I'd investigate them and see if they'd work well enough. If there's any places with mirrors involved that's an added bonus, Sessfiend's can't touch any kind of mirrors without injuring themselves; and the reflection alone seems to keep the beast at bay. I honestly don't know a thing about Scalvoris, so any insight you may be able to provide could seriously help. In the meantime I'll keep focus on containing this monster, until finally the time comes to let it's rage all out in one sitting.

With regards,
P
Last edited by Patrick on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 431
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Profession: Huntsman
Renown: 344
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Faith's Letters

Ymiden 73, 718

Dear Faith,

I am writing this letter to you for my daughter, Qit'ria. My name is Flek'ack, her father, and a member of the Order of Adunih in Desnind. My daughter cannot read nor write, so I'm writing to you on her behalf, and I will read to her any responses sent.

Hello Faith, I hope you're doing well with Paddyrags and the babies. Caz'aria was born yestertrial. She is a very strong child. Yeye says that I should tell you that she is 7lbs, 6 ounces, 20 inches long. Her eyes are the crimson coals of a morning fire, and she has grey down upon her head, but I think those will become proper feathers. Her skin is darker than mine, nearer to a starless night. She does not cry much, but her eyes seem to see everything. She will be a strong huntress like me.

I am healing quickly. Your chocolates are tasty, still have some.

Sister,

Qit'ria

PS

Hello again Faith, it's Flek'ack. Qit'ria doesn't know I'm writing this nor what it says... Are you aware of her... condition? During the birth, her teeth became bear like, she roared as one as well. Her nails on one hand sharpened, changed color, and became venomous. Her eyes grew in size, beyond the natural proportion, and her skull accommodated slightly to fit. Do you know what might be causing this? I've not seen this myself, but I am out of practice for a man my age.

I am extremely concerned.

Flek'ack
word count: 268
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”