Old Dog, New Tricks!

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Ellen'wyn
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Huntress
Renown: 94
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Old Dog, New Tricks!

This is as good a place as any to dive in! I'm still working on my character sheet and familiarizing myself with lores, but I'm excited to meet new people and write with everyone I can. So, hello!

● Have you roleplayed before? If so, where? If you have, how long have you been roleplaying for?

Gosh... I got my start in roleplaying way back when, probably 12 years ago in Xat chatrooms (don't judge me). Most of that was anime based and everyone was a godmodder because we were all kids (I said don't judge me!). About 5 years ago I found Mizahar and I was a pretty religiously active writer on there up until approximately a year ago. It just wasn't my cup of tea anymore. I still love the concept and everything. There's a lot of good and bad with my experiences there, but it really helped me grow as a writer and I'm grateful for that. I've also done D&D, and I'd love to play more but I don't have a group of regulars I can count on to really dive in.

● Do you have any nicknames you go by? Is there a name you prefer people to call you?

My family calls me Nanner, but I usually get a weird look when I tell people that's my nickname, so just Hannah is fine, or my PC's name.

● What are some of your most favorite characters you've made? They can be from MMORPGs, Video Games, etc.

I had a few characters on Mizahar that I was really really proud and fond of. One was a squire who joined the service after one of her brothers was murdeded. She eventually became a mage after being exposed to that, but started to descend into madness when she went too far down the rabbit hole. A regional event warped reality and she ended up killing a clone of herself. She couldn't cope so she fell into drugs and was ultimately kicked out of the service. I'm also a major gamer so I've enjoyed a lot of my Skyrim and MMO characters over the years. MapleStory is my guilty pleasure. Cute chibby bastards.

● Is there anything you're excited about when it comes to the Standing Trials RP? Anything that you're concerned with?

I'm extremely excited to just experience something new. The skill system looks very fun and refreshing, and the huge map is awesome. I love what I've read from the lore so far, and I'm interested in the continued development. I'm sure I'll be chipping in if I settle into the community well enough. I enjoy developing locations, skills, NPCs, monsters, etc. What I'm mainly concerned with is that it's difficult for me to find information, especially about cities. I guess I'm so used to navigating Mizahar that I have a bit of a learning curve ahead of me.

● Do you consider yourself skilled in something (Art for example), if so, what is it? Do you have a favorite hobby besides RPing?

I ride on a collegiate equestrian team, which takes up a lot of my time for workouts, practices, and shows. I also do shooting sports like archery, and I'd like to combine the 2 but my new mare is green and still needs a lot of basic training before I can hope to shoot something like a bow off her back. I used to do a lot of art but I'm never motivated anymore. Mostly conservation work now, and I do physical therapy on animals (mainly dogs and horses). I also spend a lot of time outdoors, and I like hiking and bushcraft, but I'm also a pretty heavy gamer. Play a lot of RPGs and MMOs when I'm not drowning in homework and undergrad research.

● What is something unique about you?

I can turn my feet backwards.

● How did you find us?

I was looking on a roleplay review site and saw ST brought up by more than one person who had claimed to transfer from Mizahar to here. Mentioned a distinct lack of drama, and that was very appealing!
word count: 714
Pash Raj'oriq
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Tankbard
Renown: 315
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Old Dog, New Tricks!

Welcome to ST! There are a lot of Miz expats here (myself included), and I think you’ll find yourself in much better care here! Look forward to writing with you!
word count: 31
Rakahi | Rakahi Pidgin | Common | Xanthean

Because of his Competency in Empathy magic, Pash exudes an aura of calm emotion that is always "on." While it's not strong enough to overcome extreme emotions and it also loses strength the more people he's around, it's still up to you how that affects your character in whatever situation we're in. PM with questions!
[/googlefont]
Elaine Maskarin
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Advisor
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Old Dog, New Tricks!

Welcome to ST!
word count: 3
Harpy
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Office
Templates

Events

Old Dog, New Tricks!

Welcome!

Come join us on Discord and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Good to see another ex-Miz chick, I was there for a while. :)
word count: 30
Niv
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Tiny Sage
Renown: 101
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Old Dog, New Tricks!

I'm so glad your here :P its been a long time.
word count: 11
Ellen'wyn
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Huntress
Renown: 94
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Old Dog, New Tricks!

Thanks guys! I'm excited to be here. Already making some IC plans with a few people, which is nice to be doing again. I think I'll be starting in Etzos, but I don't really have any idea what I will be doing there, so fingers crossed.
word count: 49
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”