Rena's Box of Letters

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Lorena
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: 30
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Welcome my box of letters!

Please feel free to leave me a note, I might not get back to you immediately. The ocean an be a rough place and I don't always know when I'll be able to get them!

Love Rena
word count: 44
Vaughn
Race: Human
Renown: 24
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Arriving in Ne'haer on the 115th of Vhalar, 713, addressed only to 'Rena'
49th of Vhalar, 713

Sparrow,
Our parting conversation is driving me insane. I've stayed up nights thinking about it and thinking about you. I try to replay the words in my head but they change each time I do and I can no longer remember what was said by whom.

I had a dream last night of your shipwreck. I saw blood and smoke and fire and you there in the middle of it all. I woke up and felt that somehow the shipwreck was a direct result of my not having left with you. Logically I know my presence would not have stopped anything from happening as it did. But logic doesn't have much to do with it. Logic never had anything to do with it when it came to you.

I've been trying to write these words down for three trials now and have wasted countless sheets of paper. I was going to tell you to forget me and go live your life, to never write to me again. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I feel like I have already been exceptionally cruel.

Enclosed is one of my prior revisions. I'd like you to read it. I can't tell if the words convey how much you mean to me, or make it seem like I care little at all.
Still with love, V
Enclosed:
47th of Vhalar, 713

Sparrow,
Why do you write to me?

I do not wish for you to associate with me, and I am trying desperately quite hard not to associate with you. These letters back and forth are an exceptionally a phenominally bad idea. They are a link between your old life here and your new life there, and that makes them a risk.

Please, please I implore you to forget me, just as I must forget you. I do not wish to be the cause of your undoing. Should someone in your family realize that I have contact with you, they would surely use these letters me against my will to destroy hurt locate you. I will not have that happen.

It is better for you for the both of us that we are apart.
With hope sincere, V
Last edited by Vaughn on Thu May 04, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 390
Vaughn
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Arriving in Ne'haer on the 23rd of Ashan, 714, addressed to 'Rena'
80th of Zi'da, 713

Sparrow,
Has it already been an arc? You left in Ymiden of last year so despite how it feels it's actually not quite been that long.

Here despite it being winter --or maybe because of it-- the days stretch on and on. I agree with what you wrote, that each new trial feels like a lifetime. By the time this letter reaches you it may yet have been an entire arc since we last spoke in person.

I wish I could hand-deliver my words but I'm afraid they come to you with bad news. My mother is growing steadily sicker. I have been visiting her now in Andaris despite how I hate that city because I fear the worst. I'm afraid if I left to meet you she would die while I was away, and I can't stand the thought of not being able to say goodbye. Especially considering how I last said goodbye to you.

Your letter had a difficult time finding me as I have taken up a new smithing job on the shores of Lake Krome, where I can watch the ships sail in and out on their way to the sea. How I long to board a schooner and sail, perhaps even as far as Ne'haer. One day. For now smithing is enough, though sailing is my life's dream.

I think of you most every day and especially at night. I think my mind reaches out for you in sleep. Sailing may be my truest love, but there is love, too, in the thought of sailing away from here to find you.
V
Last edited by Vaughn on Thu May 04, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 292
Vaughn
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Arriving in Ne'haer on 122nd of Vhalar, 714, addressed to 'Rena'
56th of Vhalar, 714

Sparrow,
Today I had the most wonderful dream, only I wasn't sleeping. It was like you were there again beside me.

I was taking Kicks for a ride when I came across a commotion at one of the neighbor's houses. Soon enough I found a small group of children clustered around the neighbor's barn. One of them told me that the neighbor's cat had had kittens, and now the kittens were old enough to take home.

I couldn't help it, I immediately thought of you. The bracelet you had given me was around my wrist and I could almost feel you there holding my hand; I swear I could feel you! You felt so damn close.

Of course I had the brilliant idea to pick you up one of the cats. There were six or seven of them in total, and most of the kids had gone home with one, but one little kitten had been left. The children had not wanted her because she had strange eyes, so dark in color as to look almost red. They said she was a witch's cat.

I ended up with the little kitten tucked in my arm and I rushed home. I thought I would show you right away, it could be a suprise and then--

Then I remembered. I stood in the doorway of the manor for a long time. Just standing there, and listening to the quiet in the house.

I had told you to leave. How many times had I said that, when we argued that last time? How could I forget?

I have a kitten here waiting for you. For when you come home, or whenever I find you next. She's a darling little thing and I'm calling her Raf. I wish you could see her.
Love, V
Last edited by Vaughn on Fri May 05, 2017 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 324
Vaughn
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Arriving in Ne'haer on 75th of Ashan, 715, addressed to 'Rena'
9th of Ashan, 715

Sparrow,
Do you think we could meet in our dreams? I'd like to do things to you that

Sparrow,
I've been with another woman since you left nearly two arcs ago. I've been with a few. You and I have not touched in so long, and as you say, the passion burns. Alone isn't the same as with a partner. To feel a person's hands scratching at my back or carding through my hair... to be able to look her in the eye... to put my mouth on her neck... to listen to her breath... I can't have that on my own.

I know I should be sorry but I cannot find it in myself. You've been away so long. Is this for the better? In the moment it feels right that I should be with someone else. Then when I sit down to write you it gets jumbled again.

I hope you hate me when you read this. Your love but especially your hatred sparks something hot within me. Sometimes I think of you hating me when I'm with one of them and it makes it hurt, and it makes it all the better. And all the worse.

Onto other topics...

My mother is still in poor health and though she has held out this long I still doubt her ability to pull through. She's so thin now and broken somehow; I don't know how to explain it but she's a different person each time I see her, she doesn't look nor even smell the same. I have given up smithing for a time and have taken up working at The Salty Grape, a bar my mother used to waitress, to fill her with new stories and old memories when we speak. Such things make her so happy.

She was glad for the medicines you sent though I could not tell her they were from you.
Continued...

As for the island, it is all the same. I have yet the pleasure of introducing myself to Peake Andaris and know little of his affairs, though should I ever meet him I shall be certain to introduce my fist to his face.

The only thing I can say is there is a faint stirring in the populace and within the nobility which is hard to explain. I have not heard anything conclusive about it, but sometimes patrons in the bar or the nobles at gatherings will stop speaking abruptly when someone passes by. I sense the presence of some big secret, but what that secret is I have yet to find out.
Awaiting your aggression, V
word count: 463
Vaughn
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Arriving in Ne'haer on the 12th of Saun 715, addressed to 'Rena'
29th of Ymiden, 715

Sparrow,
To picture you with another is bliss and fire at once. It burns me up. I read your letter and I said to Raf, "This is good. This is what I want." And then I went outside and used an axe to beat a felled tree until it was nothing but chips. I chopped and I cut that damn thing for what must have been breaks. I may have even screamed. Birds flew from the nearby trees in terror. It was the most alive I've felt in perhaps an arc.

I didn't sleep with another to cage you. I slept with another to set you free. I did it to set us both free.

You may refuse to show hatred but I won't. And so I demand you never cry because of me, you know how I hate that. Our love now is as shallow as it ever was deep. I think our friendship has always been stronger. We weren't ever truly together. With time between us and you away I can finally see back clearly and make sense of what we were. Neither of us announced our intentions until it was far too late. We bickered with one another and lied to each other and hurt one another so much that it was impossible to know what was real and what was fake. You questioned if I loved you, disbelieving how I felt, and I--

I never knew why you chose me to begin with.
V
Last edited by Vaughn on Fri May 05, 2017 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 269
Vaughn
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Arriving on the 122nd of Vhalar, 715, addressed to 'Rena'
55th of Vhalar, 715

Stop trying to pick a fight. I don't want to fight with you and I don't want to control you, that's the whole fucking point. Why do you think I told you to go away in the first place? Why do you think I didn't go with you, or follow afterwards?

I can't even write this letter I'm so angry. You're so obtuse I don't even have words for it.

Like it or not we are too much. We're too much when we're together, and it still remains despite how long we've been apart. What the hell is wrong with us?

And what the hell is wrong with you? Why won't you let me go?

What if I told you I wanted you to? What would you do? Refuse to leave me alone?

Do me a favor and don't sign your letters with love anymore. Try it. Maybe you'll find you like it. Maybe don't even write at all.

56th of Vhalar, 715

I've held onto this for a trial just to see if the words in my heart have changed. I can't bring myself to throw this letter away and rewrite. I won't back down and I won't ask for forgiveness.

You don't need me, Sparrow. Stop pretending to be caged. The door is open and has been for some time. The key is tossed. Fly away.
V
word count: 263
Vaughn
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rena's Box of Letters

Arriving on the 23rd of Saun, 716, addressed to 'Rena'
40th Ymiden, 716

Sparrow,
I wanted to get back to you before but I've become swept up in something and I didn't have time. I wish I could discuss the content of your last letter but so much has happened and there is too much to talk about.

To put it shortly, a civil war is gaining traction within the kingdom and my family is split on both sides.

Below is a summary of events. I will keep it as brief as possible.

In Ashan my father left my mother. Beacuse of that I've been traveling back and forth between Burhan and Krome, where she currently resides. She is very sick. I doubt she has as long as an arc. Father came to visit once and to sign away his noble titles as part of their separation, and thus Marcus and I have been named co-Baron for when mother dies, though Marcus is the only one who is suited for that title. I know it is a risk to include so much detail in a letter to you about who I am but I felt this occurrence was much too important to leave out.

It is Ymiden now and on the 27th I recieved a letter from my father that he was to wed another on the 30th of this season. As it is the 40th now I can only assume he has married her against Rynmere law. My mother forbade me to attend the wedding or to have any further contact with Father at all. Father's bride is named Elyna Burhan. I feel you may be quite familiar with that name.

He also wrote to say that he is traveling west and that he wanted to bid me farewell for he does not know if he will ever return. Sparrow, I do not want my father to go away forever, nor do I want him to die.

By the time this letter reaches you I fear Marcus will have already joined the rebellion and that their forces will have moved on to the capital. The people there may be soon enough under seige.
Continued...

The rebellion is called the Qe'Dreki and is led by Veljorn Burhan, another name I am certain you know. Elyna's brother Edmund may also be involved with them. I don't know many of the details as no one will tell me much of anything. Obviously father is on the side of the crown, as is Elyna herself. I fear they will all end up killing each other. I fear, too, for to the fate of the people of Rynmere, and especially for the peoples of Burhan and Krome.

Mother hints that she, too, will join the Qe'Dreki despite her failing health. If she gets involved I may be dragged into it all as well.

I don't know when I'll be able to write again. Sparrow, please. I didn't know who else to tell.
Be safe, V
word count: 513
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”