Lost

Vakhanor

27th of Ashan 717

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Elyna
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Official Troublemaker
Renown: 231
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Lost

I don’t want to meet new people. I don’t want to move on. The young woman withheld her thoughts and offered a small smile instead, “perhaps.”
The pain of losing Malcolm was too fresh. His absence a huge roaring pit that she was afraid to look into. Maybe a trial would come when she was willing to face it, but not this one. Grief, had ruled her life with Yoreth’s passing. She had embraced it. This time, however, there was Elsie to think about. The woman couldn’t afford to be consumed by loss. So it teetered on the edge of her mind, something just on the side of her vision. The only way that she could continue in her duties as a Skyrider, and more importantly as a Mother, was to return to the terrible numbness that had haunted her summer.
The skyrider frowned at her friend, squeezing his fingers, “what are you talking about, Vakh?” Murder? A holy man…why did he think he would be facing criminal charges. “What…happened the night of the fire?” She studied him without judgement. Elyna was an advocate of justice, whether or not it coincided with the law. “Vakh, if you took action to save my life you don’t have the law to fear. I was pulled from my house in the middle of the night, they bound me in chains and it wasn’t going to be a happy ending, Vakhanor. If you’re concerned, I can state your case to the Judge. I would vouch for you if you would feel better, with this put to bed?”
word count: 272
Vakhanor
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Smith
Renown: 50
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Lost

Darkness found its way back into Vakhanor's eyes, should he tell her? Secrets, so many secrets. There was so much that he had yet to tell her, that he had yet to reveal about himself and who he was. Elyna was a spotlight casting her beam onto the shadows he hid in. He grinned back at her "When it comes to it."

There was no lie he could tell Elyna that her magic powers probably couldn't figure out. After all, she would eventually find out some truth. Uncomfortable Vakhanor looked the woman dead in the eye "A priest of Ashan called Gilwyn intended to hurt you or to use you to bring leverage against your family," the smith took a slow deep breath "he chose a man that would keep you on the brink of living and play with your mind until you would be returned, alive but never be the same... So, I snapped his neck and burnt his work to the ground."

There was no shred of guilt or shame in Vakhanor's voice. Fear had long since left him. The murder of men, women, children and understanding the consequences was almost a second nature to the Aukari. Followed by the infliction of pain and the joys it brought with it. Had Elyna been anyone other than the woman she was, Vakhanor would have taken pride in angering her and making her scream as he slowly chipped the nails from her fingers.

"You were lucky."
word count: 249
Elyna
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Lost

The skyrider was relieved that he accepted her offer of assistance and squeezed his fingers. “I suspected that I wasn’t being held prisoner, in chains, for any nice and friendly reason,” the young woman almost smiled. Her heart remained too heavy though, like a weight in her chest, sluggish in its unsteady beats.
A man to bring her to the brink of living and play with her mind. Torture. What would they have gained from torture? Surely, as a ransom she would have been worth more unscathed. A shiver travelled the length of her body as she sat, and slowly realised that Vakhanor was that man. A torturer? It didn’t correlate of what she knew of the Smith, her friend and she studied him. He wasn’t lying.
Was Gilwyn’s death justice? By law he should have been bought before the court and tried for his crimes. He would have been sentenced to death or worse. Whilst Elyna couldn’t believe that Vakhanor had committed and act of murder, she was uncertain if it was justice. Her body had not been damaged or her mind broken, so it wasn’t revenge. If the Smith hadn’t acted, then there would have been two deaths laid at his feet.
“I am lucky,” she agreed with a slow nod, thoughtful. “I remain lucky to have you as my friend, Vakh. In my heart, I cannot find a way to feel bad for what you did. Perhaps that makes me a terrible person, but I would rather live and strive for truth and true justice.” Her head had started to ache and she ran her palm alongside her temple with a sigh. The day was approaching evening and surely Elsie would return soon? Heavy with grief the young woman watched the man beside her. She wanted to sleep, but feared the darkness that closing her eyes would bring. The bed he lay upon was larger than a single cot, but smaller than the double bed.
“Vakh…” it came out as a whisper, “could I join you…?” She just wanted to lie down, and hide from the world for a while.
word count: 360
Vakhanor
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Smith
Renown: 50
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Lost

Misery loved company. Hand in hand with Elyna, Vakhanor felt like he could win any battle and conquer anything. If sleeping alongside him was what she needed, then he'd allow it. He knew now that he walked a thin line with Elyna. After all the pain they had been through the only thing they assured one another was that they would rise from the destruction they created. Chaos was a ladder they climbed again and again, catching each other when they fell.

“Alright Ely,” his tender voice dropped into a whisper, leading her toward the bed as he shuffled onto his side to make room for her “I'll try to be still.”

Temptation was a vice he wasn't willing to give in to. Vakhanor released a deep breath, he had slept alongside other girls in his childhood without sleeping with them, but never in his adult life. ‘It's just like if she was Bjorn… yeah. Like Bjorn.’ When Bjorn had died Ely had stayed and shared the pain of the child's death. Whether the skyrider stayed with him back then out of empathy or for her own reasons, he did not know. He was just thankful she had found the body.

Breaking away from that train of thought the smith was ashamed of himself. Now was when his friend needed him the most. Heartbroken she was crumbling by his bedside, Malcolm's death was hitting her harder than anything before. Knowing that pain, Vakhanor wrapped his arms around the fragile girl and pulled her close to his chest “You're not alone Ely.”
word count: 268
Elyna
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Lost

It was a strange, numb, relief that filled her as he pulled her hand and guided her towards the bed. Elyna turned and twisted to lie on her side, with her back to the man. He promised to be still and she closed her eyes. He was warm, like Malcolm generally was. Was that because he too, was part fire-person? It was the skyrider who lay still, afraid to close her eyes and relive the moment of finding Malcolm’s body. The scars in his neck, from saving her life and then Elsie’s. He wrapped strong arms around her and pulled her close. It was then that she wavered. The young woman had thought she couldn’t cry anymore; that all her tears for Malcolm Krome had been spent seasons ago.
In safety though and offered comfort, hot water started to slide over her cheeks. It stung like acid and she covered her hands. Held secure the young woman was unable to fight the rising despair and the panic that threatened to choke her. All the reasons that she could not afford to grieve, to allow the darkness to claim her this time. There was Elise, and there was the new baby to think of. They deserved better than a weeping mother. They deserved a better life than she could offer them, if she were to come undone.
Elyna was unable to answer Vakhanor, and instead she cried until there was no air left in the room and her head throbbed and her eyes were the colour of blood. Cheeks stained and raw and her breath came in uneasy gasps and sleep claimed her and she could dream that this wasn’t real. That she could wake the next morning and Malcolm would be returned.
word count: 297
Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 113
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Lost

Overview

Comments: Super sad story guys. Elyna is obviously heartbroken, for good reason, and Vakhanor is not any better due to continuing grief over the loss of his brother. This thread mostly seemed to be a coming to terms for the both of them, each trying to cling to the other while searching for a reason to keep going on.

It was sad to see Elyna repeating her thoughts about the sunrise, as if convincing herself that yes, the world will continue without Malcolm (even though she may not want it to). And just as bad to see what Vakhanor believes to be his future, that he thinks of himself as irredeemable even though there is good in him, especially when it comes to Elyna. They both share in misery and it's upsetting that they've been through so much without respite. Still, no matter what you get the sense that they will stick with one another through thick and thin.

But seriously guys give these poor characters a break. :(

Structure: Structure looked really good for the both of you. I didn't notice any mistakes in spelling, punctuation, or grammar, and the reading was clear, enjoyable, and made sense. Well done. :)

ELYNA

CS: CS is approved and up-to-date.

Knowledge:
The Alliance: Leader: Gilwyn (NPC)
The Alliance: Gilwyn is dead
Appraisal: Cataloguing another's wounds
Caregiving: Putting aside your emotions to care for your children
Discipline: Responding to anger with a cool head
Discipline: Knowing when to grieve
Endurance: Enduring grief
Endurance: Emotions as motivation
Faction: The Alliance
Leadership: Seeking conflict resolution
Malcolm: Presumed dead
Medicine: Offering water to the hurt
Medicine: Working through pregnancy pains
Persuasion: Giving an ultimatum
Persuasion: Bargaining
Politics: Law: Murder that is justified is not murder
Politics: Law: Vigilante justice is different from the justice of the law
Psycohology: Karma
Psychology: Friendship through mutual experience
Psychology: Pessimism
Psychology: The world goes on
Socialization: Showing kindness and affection
Socialization: Telling the truth
Socialization: Saying I love you
Socialization: Being a good friend
Strength: Emotions affect physical strength
Tactics: Conceding a point to stop an argument
Vakhanor: A torturer

Loot: None.
Injuries: None but a broken heart. :(
Fame: +2 for being a good friend.
Devotion: None that I could see. I took a look at Pier and Pre's devotion table, but simply using Elyna's abilities without prayer doesn't merit devotion. PM though if you want to talk about it!

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Magic: You CANNOT use the XP awarded for magic.

VAKHANOR

CS: CS is approved and up-to-date.

Knowledge:
The Alliance: Leader: Gilwyn (NPC)
The Alliance: Gilwyn is dead
Detection: Sensing another's grief
Discipline: Fighting on despite it all
Discipline: Doing what's right for another
Discipline: Knowing when to grieve
Elyna: She loves you
Endurance: Enduring great pain
Endurance: Enduring grief
Etiquette: Refusing handouts
Faction: The Alliance
Intelligence: Every action has its consequences
Malcolm: Presumed dead
Medicine: Deep sleep means no pain
Persuasion: Bargaining
Politics: Law: Murder is a serious offense
Politics: Law: Murder that is justified is not murder
Psychology: Mirroring another's callousness
Psychology: Friendship through mutual experience
Psychology: Pessimism
Psychology: Anxiety
Psychology: The world goes on
Socialization: Admitting your grief
Socialization: Asking forgiveness
Socialization: Telling the truth
Strength: Pain saps strength
Strength: Standing after so long in bed
Torture: Stillness itself can be a torture

Loot: None.
Injuries: No new injuries. Like Elyna, Vakh has something of a broken heart. :(
Fame: +2 for being a good friend.
Devotion: None.

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
Magic: You CANNOT use the XP awarded for magic.
Feel free to PM if you have any comments, questions, or concerns!
word count: 619
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”