• Location • The Office of the Citizen's Committee

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

The Office of the Citizen's Committee

Office of the Citizen's Committee
The wooden doors open soundlessly to reveal a small, window-lit chamber with a few chairs set against the walls amid tables, planter pots and 3 doors. Plaques by the doors designate the offices beyond them. To the left is the door marked "Housing", to the right, "Employment", and straight ahead, "Guidance".

HOUSING
► Show Spoiler

EMPLOYMENT
► Show Spoiler

GUIDANCE
► Show Spoiler
Original Version by Maltruism
Office of the Citizen's Committee
The wooden doors open soundlessly to reveal a small, window-lit chamber with a few chairs set against the walls amid tables, planter pots and 3 doors. Plaques by the doors designate the offices beyond them. To the left is the door marked "Housing", to the right, "Employment", and straight ahead, "Guidance".

HOUSING
► Show Spoiler

EMPLOYMENT
► Show Spoiler

GUIDANCE
► Show Spoiler
word count: 1259
Kydrel
Approved Character
Race: Avriel
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Arch 716, 6th Trial of Cylus

Sticking out like a sore thumb was a phrase the Avriel was all too familiar with. He was quick to prove that saying true simply by walking through the streets of any known city. That is, those that let him pass through them without hunting him down first.

He drew eyes like a moth to the flame, some curious but most openly hostile.

Drawing an aura of cold indifference around him, Kydrel flared his wings slightly, causing those who were staring intently at him to jerk back in alarm, quickly frowning in irritation as they glanced around, mildly embarrassed at their reaction. He ignored them; they were no more than a mere nuisance. He had been wandering around Etzos for half a trial, having left the gates behind him, yet no closer to finding the "Office of the Citizen’s Committee" than when he started.

“Blast city.” Kydrel growled under his breath as he came to a stop in the street, clawed hands resting on his belt as he stared around him, walls and archways crisscrossing above him. It looked like a more commercial area, if he cared to look more closely. Finally he had to admit that he had no idea where he was.

“Little lost are we, eh?” A voice spoke up next to him, drawing him out of his reveries. The Avriel turned slightly, looking for the source of the voice. His eyes rested on an old man standing outside a shop or home. Kydrel eyed him icily.

“What’s it to you, old man.” The elderly fellow just grinned, ignoring the blatant rudeness directed at him.

“Ohh, that’s not the attitude to have. I doubt you’ll find many friends here.” The cheery nature irked the winged newcomer. He was used to people insulting him, not striking up friendly conversation. The man did have a point, however. As much as the conversation unnerved him, he did need information and was unlikely to get it anywhere else. He grit his teeth, hating the feeling of relying on someone else for help.

“I’m looking for the…” He blinked as he tried to remember the name, “…Committee.” It fell flat and it annoyed him to show any sort of weakness, especially in front of this old fool. But the elderly man didn’t seem to notice and he nodded wisely.

“Ahh, you must be lookin’ for the Office of the Citizen’s Committee. That’ll be in the middle of our city. It’s shaped like a circle if you haven’t picked up on that yet.” He chuckled at his comment. Kydrel barely acknowledged him. He had already left.

It took him another trial, even with directions, to find the Office. But finally he arrived.

Kydrel strode through the door, absorbing the décor before his attention was drawn towards the three way split in the room, noting the signs on each door. Spotting, ‘Housing’ he moved towards it, eager to finish his task at hand.

A woman sat behind a desk, quietly writing. Without looking up she told him to shut the door. His lip twitched up into a snarl, anger stirring in his chest at the command.

No. Breathe. Control. You have to control yourself. Breathe. Remember, you need something from her. If you aren’t polite she won’t help you.

He inhaled deeply, releasing the pent up air and with it, his irritation. Pain strickeningly slow, he closed the door behind him before standing directly in front of the desk, trying to mask the annoyance he felt still lurking in his chest. Upon her questions he replied slowly, letting his words draw out.

“Kydrel Sevnium. Temporary.”
Last edited by Kydrel on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 620
Legend

Common
Lorien
Ahzen
Race: Human
Character Sheet

9th of Cylus, 716

Finding himself within the confines of a rather sordid looking place, Ahzen wondered to himself how exactly it had occurred to him that coming to the city of Etzos was a good idea. A frown materialized upon his expression as his gaze cast about the lobby area of the Office of the Citizen's Committee, the young man noting individuals trickling in and out of three different rooms. 'Housing', 'Employment', 'Guidance'. The three words hung over their corresponding doors, a chuckle escaping Ahzen's lips, soon after followed by a scoff.

Guidance? What the fuck would that sod do that the other two don't?

A shrug moved the man's shoulders as he made his way forward, turning to the right. It was, after all, Ahzen's priority to have a job. Everything else was secondary. Making his way towards the room, he found the door in front of him to be locked. Cursing under his breath, Ahzen made his way to sit himself down, waiting for his turn.

When, at last, the way was over, he made his way inside. Meeting face to face with the Employment Coordinator was the easy part, for Ahzen by no means lacked confidence in his abilities. A grin cast upon his features as he sat himself down, listening to the older man speak. When the question was posed, Ahzen took a moment to consider his response, the young man lowering his hood with a casual flick of his head before looking the man in the eye,

"The best thing that comes to mind is that I know my way around a blade."

Ahzen motioned to the gladius strapped to his back, one of two blades that he carried with him at all times.

"The most I could ask for is trying my hand at bounty hunting or mercenary work, to be honest. I've never received formal training that one would expect from a guardsman, so that'd be my best bet."

This man was nothing more than a guiding post, a way to grander things. Therefore, there was no need for Ahzen to spill his guts to this sort of person. A simple job to start would be just fine. With time, Ahzen would seek to find his stride with bigger and better things.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Once Ahzen was finished with the Employment Coordinator, he quickly made his way out of the office and directly towards the 'Housing' office. A groan escaped the man's lips as he found, yet again, that there was an individual already seeing the coordinator. Taking the same seat he had found before, Ahzen waited, his patience clearly waning as his foot tapped against the floor. Several minutes passed, Ahzen toying with the leather that held together the glove on his right hand. When the office vacated, Ahzen rushed to stand up, nearly jogging to the entrance before closing the door behind him.

It took a moment for Ahzen to register that Kelleen Mora had spoken, though once she did, the young man nodded, an easy smile setting upon his features.

"My name is Ahzen, Kelleen. And my stay is temporary."
word count: 527
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Kydrel
► Show Spoiler
Ahzen #1 (employment)
► Show Spoiler
Ahzen #2 (housing)
► Show Spoiler
word count: 1631
Kydrel
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

“You assumed correctly.”

He just couldn’t help himself sometimes. He sighed inwardly, frustrated.

Stop it. Control your tongue, you fool. Don’t give her any reason to deny you. It’s your ass out in the cold if she does.

An apology was on the tip of his tongue when he paused. No, it was said and done. To go back on his words and to ask for forgiveness was a sign of weakness. One he would not give, especially given her condescending tone. He didn’t like the look she gave him, which he returned with an equally cool gaze.

He listened as she rattled off information, growing restless. It wasn’t until she mentioned the ongoing struggle against the Sirothelle that he perked up, the woman finally having his full attention. The money didn’t bother him, he wasn’t interested in that. What caught his attention was the opportunity to pit himself against this alleged enemy.

“Wooden. I’ll take a wooden structure. In the Common Zone.”

His clawed fingers drummed against the hilt of his mace, the black nails clacking quietly against the metal. The smallest glimmer of a smile touched his lips as he thought about the justified violence he would get away with, not if, but when his home was attacked.
Last edited by Kydrel on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 218
Legend

Common
Lorien
Kydrel
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Having finished with the ‘Housing’ department, Kydrel spun away from the lady, and strode across the room to the door marked ‘Employment’.

The Avriel took a deep breathe.

Don’t screw this one up. If you don’t get this…you got nothing. You have no other worthwhile skills that they’d even bother offering you a job on…so make it count.

Kydrel had thought long and about what profession he would take up, since being kicked out of Athart. He had spent his entire sane years prepping to get into Dominion then another year in it, only to get kicked out before finishing and advancing through the ranks of the factions. That left him with various skills, abilities that if not turned towards beneficial means would get him into trouble. Seeing how things at the gate went, it wasn’t too far of a stretch to assume he was on thin ice in this city. Shocker.

He really wouldn’t make a good guard or bodyguard for that matter. It’s hard to guard those who are lesser than you. If anything, they should be guarding him. That that won’t pay the bills. Nor would he do well in the military. Humans serving over him? That wouldn’t end well for anyone. An Avriel would never submit to a mere human. He was looking for more of a ‘job by job’ line of work.

He shifted, adjusting the plate mail that rested on his shoulders before opening the door and stepping through.
A well groomed man sat at the opposite end of the room, obviously at work. He glanced up upon hearing the door and greeted the well armed Avriel, gesturing to a seat. Kydrel ignored the offer and remained standing. Trying to keep his voice civil and tone level, he responded slowly.

“I’m trained. I can fight. Looking for, jobs…that I can…” He struggled to find the words to explain himself. He hated the stupid language that the humans spoke. So unnatural. “…do this. Hunt. For a price.” He wasn’t sure if the man understood what he was trying to convey. The Avriel just hoped the gentleman got the gist of it before his irritation got the better of him.

Note
I'm hoping to secure some sort of bounty hunting jobs if you'd have an NPC sort of "understand his basic common" and gather that's what he was trying to say.
Last edited by Kydrel on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 410
Legend

Common
Lorien
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Kydrel (employment)
► Show Spoiler
word count: 572
Vluharqih
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: 278
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

CREDIT
Arc 716, 14th trial of Cylus
After what felt like breaks to Alex, she finally arrived at the Office of the Citizen's Committee. She had stopped several times on her way over to ask for directions. When she used her Alex form, Vluharqih felt more outgoing and sparky than anyone had a right to be. If I were looking at myself, I'd be sick.

The old wooden doors were aged, and the doorknob was polished where countless hands had grasped it. Looking at it, Alex thought about how unassuming it was, yet her fate depended on what happened behind those doors.

Pushing them open, she was greeted by a small waiting room, the furniture old and well used. Three doorways exit the room, and she paused to make a decision.

She soon decided to take the 'Guidance' doorway. It wasn't going to be required for her to live here, unlike the other two doorways, but if someone had such a useless job and still managed to stay hired, they would be a good person to know.

When she pushed open the door, she almost changed her mind. Sitting behind a desk was an old man who looked as though he'd lose his head if it wasn't screwed on. His ruffled hair and unkept beard both screamed disorganized, but Alex had committed by this point.

He greeted her, and invited her to sit. As she looked around, he gestured to a chair piled high with numerous charts. She carefully lowered them to the floor, and settled into the old chair. It was surprisingly comfortable, and the smell reminded her of an old library.

He belatedly introduced himself as Marlin Tagley, the 'Guidance' Coodinator. From his explanation, she gathered that he was actually in charge of just about everything in the city. My initial guess was right- he is a good person to know.

She looks up at him, deciding to play it mostly straight with him. He seems like a perceptive guy. "Good day, Sir. My name is Alexandra McKay, and I will to stay here. I am wanting to sell off some of my extra...supplies? Yes, supplies, from the trip. I was wondering if you have any advice for me?"
After her conversation with Marlin, she decided to head to the Housing room. I should make sure I have a place to live before I go looking for jobs. Opening the door, the immediate difference between Marlin's office and this one was enough to startle Alex. The room was tidy, and everything was neatly organized.

The woman flippantly gestured to the door, and Alex felt her irritation with this woman begin to rise. Smothering that feeling, Alex turned and closed the door, and took a seat without being asked. The woman scratched away for several more minutes, as Alex studied her. The woman appeared very 'no-nonsense', and direct. Alex was still deciding how she should act, when the woman finished scribbling, and leaned back. "Welcome to the Housing office. My name is Kelleen Mora. May I have your name? I trust you are here to find a place to stay. Are we speaking of temporary or permanent residence?"

Alex met the woman's unwavering stare, and matched her tone. "My name is Alexandra McKay. I have little money right now, so I need very very cheap room."
After finishing up with the Housing, she returns to the waiting room, and enters the Employment Office. She thought about how lucky she was no one else was there, as she closed the door, and turned to face the man behind the desk. He was a taller man, and appeared fairly young. Despite that, his hair had gone pure white, and it was a bit odd to Alex's eyes. She greeted him, and then took a seat. "Welcome, welcome. I am Peter Mead, Employment Coordinator, and if you are looking for work, it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could give me a basic idea of what skills you could offer this city, I have no doubt I can find you a place where they can be put to gainful use. So, what sort of employment are you hoping to find?"

Alex shifted in her chair and decided to play the innocent country girl. This man appeared to be of an age to have a daughter, and it might be enough to get her the job she needed. "My name is Alexandra McKay. I have just moved here from Western Idalos where I was helping with sickness. How do you say.....ah yes- apothecary. But my master was murdered, and I had no where to go..." Alex called up a single tear to her eye as she continued. "The guards didn't find the killers, so I could not stay. I know here they do not like the... Immortals, yes, them. " She wiped the tear away, and continued in a stronger voice. "So I wanted to find a new master to learn from. Is there any jobs like this?"
Last edited by Vluharqih on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 847
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Vluharqih (guidance)
► Show Spoiler
Vluharqih (housing)
► Show Spoiler
Vluharqih (employment)
► Show Spoiler
word count: 1502
Vluharqih
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: 278
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

PHOTO CREDIT
Arc 716, 14th trial of Cylus
Alex shook the mans hand, the strength of the grip proving he was not as feeble as he appeared. As he talked, she focused on his voice, trying to pick apart the words.

Marlin Tagley moved around the desk, to sit in front of her, she could see the wrinkles in his cheeks, but the old eyes were sharp as ever. Her guess that this man would be helpful was correct. The man continued to speak quickly in Common, and Alex half-smiled. Looks like I'll have a lot of experience with Common before this is all said and done. With varying success, she managed to get the gist of his sentences. So she'd need to sell them off, but it appeared that they wouldn't sell very readily in the marketplace.

The marketplace would cost her money that she couldn't afford, so that wasn't an option. She decided to leave, and try to figure something else out. There had to be another option. When Mr.Tagley had finished speaking, she stood, and thanked him, taking the offered papers. Thank you, Sir, for your assistance. I will think about what you said, and am very grateful for your help."

She backed out of the room quickly, and sighed as she left. The man was much too observant for her liking. She looked down, and the scribble of common swam before her eyes. Sigh, I'll look over these tonight
When the lady first advised the 'Curly Hare', Alex nearly killed her there and then. But the lady appeared to be joking, and after a brief trill, she continued.

So her options were to rent, but she didn't have enough money for that yet. She could rent one, and hope that she could sell off the horse and wagon, but that was risky, and she didn't want to be kicked out. She could always steal to cover the costs, but she was new here and didn't have a safe network to use. Better not to risk it just yet.

Kelleen then brought up selling off her horse to a farm. This idea would be perfect for Alex, and she smiled a little as it came up. Just what I needed. This might just been enough to afford a house to rent.

However it was late, and she couldn't make it out there alone, in the cold dark tonight. She leaned back in her chair, and decided upon staying the night at the 'Inn for Dinner', and renting the horse tomorrow. But it appeared she needed to go back and talk to Mr.Tagley.

Suddenly, she realized that the woman had finished speaking, and was already focusing back on her paperwork. She quickly got to her feet, and said a quick goodbye, before shutting the door behind her, and heading across the room. Alex looked up through her watery eyes, to see that it was partially working. At the very least, it didn't appear to be working against her, so she slowly stopped the tears, wiping away the last droplet on her cheek.

The man began speaking quickly, and she couldn't pick up many of the words, however she heard the names of several plants and animals that she recognized from her work with her mother, and nodded vehemently at those.

He told her of a job that would help open the door for her- a bounty job for a 'Miss Givings'. Sounded interesting, at the very least. Again, Mr.Mead directed her back to the guidance room to set up a meeting with her.

She stood up, and bid farewell to the man, and headed back towards the Guidance room. She opened the door, and quickly moved inside, waving off any greeting that he offered. The chair she had sat in was still open, and she dropped down into it, exhausted. "I am looking to rent out my horse to a farm, and I was told that you know people?" She bluntly asked. "Also, I need to meet with Miss Givings- can you make this happen?" Her eyes met his, and didn't waver as she waited for his response.
Last edited by Vluharqih on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 706
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”