Interlinked

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Interlinked

1st of Vhalar - The Bones

He came to where he'd put to sleep on the 30th of Saun. Crashing on the sofa in the foyer of Efah's old residence, now his, and Lacrima's he supposed. More his, at least in an official capacity. And though he ought to have been asleep in all that time, he was cared for, and not covered in a layer of dust as he'd expect, being in this dirty place for ten days without moving at all. He was wearing different clothing, just as imple tunic of brown cloth, trousers of the same, and still wearing boots. He was staring up at the ceililng, through the darkness of the early morning of Vhalar. Finally the suns would have taken their rest at this point, as he awoke at dawn.

He felt a slight twitch of a hair on his left brow. Like the sneakin gof a bug across clesh, it teased at the hairs of his brow, until he realized... there was indeed a bug there. He lightly slapped his own brow, expecting that would be the end of that. But when he removed his hand, he heard a voice in his mind, "I was just about to hit the right note, thank you very much. I'm composing a dancing tune, to impress my beloved."

Was this a new spirit,, a haunting, or else some trick of his mind from over-indulgence in the exploration of Lacrima's subconscious mind? He thought it could've been anyone of those, but he knew that the Order advised against overuse of the Calming Whispers of Sevrath. Perhaps now he was learning just why. He slapped his hand across his brow several more times, but never feeling the movement there subsiding.

"Ow ow ow, stop it! You savage!" The voice came through in a tone that was entirely too cultured to be a true spirit. Perhaps some disembodied soul taking a form that defied its living shape. A powerful manifstation? Was this the first ghost Woe would encounter in the Bones?

"I'm no ghost, my lad." The creature crawled across his brow, down over his eye. There, he saw the eight legs, the furry body, and the bulbous little eyes. A spider?

"I'm still dreaming." Woe concluded.

The spider's voice chuckled in his mind, "'Fraid not, and good luck that. You may not ever have a peaceful moment's sleep fro here on. But then, that depends... Will you help me with my
problem
?"

"Courtship?" Woe quirked his brow, but in a swift motion, swept the spider off his face. To which it went flying, with a loud click as it hit the mortar fully with its body. This didn't seem to damage it at all. "What are you, who are you, if notn some twisted ghostly apparition?"

"Why, we've met before. When you were a child? 'Tis I, Apples! The most handsome and eligible bachelor in all of Idalos!"

Ethyl's spider? That... then where had he been during that dream? Was Ethyl real, was the Nurse? Sintra, at least, he knew with some dread was very real.

Apples stared up at Woe, and the mortalborn could feel the incredulity oozing in the tension that hung on the air. "You do remember the task, the request she made of you?"

Woe thought on it, and though the experience had been one of utter confusion and loss, he could retrieve its memory.

"I want you to bring me people ...."

"Visit me in your sleep."

"I will see your life. This Cycle, I will watch you. Always watching"

"Bring them, their lives, their deaths. Bring them to me."

"Make new connections, strengthen old ones. Choose wisely and bring them."

"Those words she spoke to me, those were a task..." Woe shook his head. "What does it mean?"

Apples cocked his body to one side, as he stood on the nightstand, and then lowered his forefangs. "Well, I'd say that's rather up to you to figure out, wouldn't you say good chap?" Apples hopped off the nightstand and onto Woe's chest. "I suspect you have an idea what to do, deep in that dark heart of yours... Now, best get to it?"

So saying, Apples faded into the Beneath, or into hiding, wherever spiritual familiars went when they weren't pestering their bondmates. Woe could definitely sense something spiritual about that spider, at least.

Template by Visna Namdalen; badly butchered images by me
Last edited by Woe on Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:43 am, edited 4 times in total. word count: 757
Image*Image*Image
Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Dawnless Dance

Woe considered the parting words of Apples for only a moment, before he hopped to the business of the morning. He slipped out of the couch, and went to check on Lacrima... Only to find her intercepted at the hallway between the foyer and what had been Enaq's quarters, now serving as Lacrima's resting place. She was as a wisp, barely present in flesh or spirit as she stood at the threshold. Woe was stricken then at how much she'd diminished in the time they'd spent getting back to Almund. Her condition wasn't worse than when he'd found her alone in that cave, served up as bait to a spider's trap for him. But she wasn't much better off. Woe was quite confounded by it. Moseke's Divine Grace should've chased whatever weakness bedeviled her from her body. He almost wondered if the infirmity that affected her was more a result of lifestyle than any condition of body or mind.

At any rate, when he met her in the threshold, they nearly collided for the surprise of finding her there. Woe caught her at the last moment, and she looked up at him, her sunken eyes staring into him, "Who were you speaking with?"

Woe paused only a moment, going over the merits of sharing his experience, in the Dreamworld. In the end, he decided not to worry her. "I was just waking up, you must've heard me in a dream."

"Mmm..." Lacrima murmured, shaking her head and touching his face. "Yes that must be it." Something about the way she said it gave Woe the impression that she wasn't convinced. Yet the lie had been told. Whatever arrived from his dishonesty and her awareness, it would have to let be. "Or you would certainly tell me."

"You need your rest, Lacrima. I'll fetch you something to eat, come..." Woe guided her by a hand on her side, his spine crawling as her ribs were palpable beneath skin and flesh. A look of worry couldn't escape Lacrima even then, and she pulled him to face her straight. He couldn't do any other than to take her guidance, lest he injure the fragile creature by resisting.

"Look into my eyes, Woe." She said, "Have I so much changed that your feelings would too?"

Woe looked into her eyes, and shook his head. She was a few things to him, he couldn't deny it. She'd mothered a child by him. That was perhaps the deepest cut for him, as he'd never anticipated that a real blood family would be in his future. She'd also been his first love. Did he still love her, though? He supposed he wouldn't have come this far, to retrieve her for the safekeeping if he didn't care. But was that more for concern over his newly discovered daughter, or for Lacrima's sake herself.

"It doesn't matter." Woe whispered to her, pulling in to speak into her ear as they embraced in the hall. He caressed the woman's back as they embraced, allowing Moseke's healing light to enter into her, and try to mend whatever ailment or discomfort had occurred to her. He would spend every ounce of favor he had with his Aunt, if it could only bring her back to health. If that wasn't proof of his feelings, what was? "Would I have come this far if they did?"

"Oh..." Lacrima said, and laid her head on his shoulder. So having surrendered to his reasoning, he carried her back to her bed, and there placed her, where he'd watch and wait until she fell back to sleep.

By the time she drifted back into her dreams, he caressed a lock of hair off of her temple, and sang a little lullaby to her. Motes of silver light filtered from the branches of his Sevrath mark on his chest, down his arm and into his fingers, finally ending in her mind. If he could forestall any bad dreams of hers, by taking them on himself, he would.

As he sat looking at her, he couldn't help wonder and worry over Sintra's sudden renewed interest in him. But he would get to the bottom of it, and bring her the souls she desired. If only it meant she'd leave him and Lacrima in peace.
word count: 745
Image*Image*Image
Fate
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Immortal
Renown: 0
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Staff

Events

Re: Interlinked

Your Review

Woe

Hello Woe. I also wouldn’t trust a talking spider. The weaving of suspense with hints, memories and current troubles is excellently done as it brings the reader along and makes them care about what happening and interested to see what twisted plots lay ahead. Also his undefined relationship with Lacrima makes you wonder how it will continue to progress. Thank you for the Read. Fate
  • XP: 10
  • Knowledges:
    • Detection: Feeling a slight twinge as aa bug crawls over you.
    • Combat: Unarmed: Unarmed: Slapping a bug to kill it
    • Psychology: Having wherewithal to know that you're not going crazy, even though a spider happens to be speaking to you.
    • Deception: Telling a little white lie to avoid worrying someone.
    • Psychology: Rationalizing your reasons for what you do, and then coming to a conclusion that what you'd meant by them was something else entirely
    • Psychology: Using Sevrath's Calming whispers to heal emotional and mental ailments while a patient rests

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this review - drop me a PM.
word count: 178
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”