Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Craft of Dreams: Dandelion (1/1)

Idalos always held a few secrets, but no doubt Dandelion wasn't expecting what he discovered during that trial. Or, more accurately, who found him!

One minute, Dandelion was alone, and the next, someone was just there. Obviously, there was an explanation, but it wasn't apparent what it was, nor did the smiling man with a top hat standing next to him offer one. It seemed odd, though, with all manner of belts and sashes with gears, tools, and springs hanging about, that there hadn't been any indication of his arrival.

Teq opened his mouth to speak and, as if remembering something, began to sign to his companion.

It took me a while to find you! "Hello, hello! I might have gotten turned around near Volta, but no matter - I found you! I hear you have a problem. I know, I know - I have a gift for knowing these things. Don't worry how."

His signing was a bit rushed. It was evident the man was full of energy, which could put some people off. "I'm Teq Vy'Ihadi! Champion of Aeva. I hear you are starting a new settlement that might need a bit of a boost? I can help you with that, but I was wondering if you could do something for me?"

Settling on a nearby log, Teq continued. "A school From the Rharne Calendar =48th of Ymiden: School Emergency! A fire breaks out in a small school, and while no one is injured because thankfully all the children and teachers are rescued, the building is badly damaged. The children need a school, and the school needs supplies. People in the Earth Quarter (where the School was) pull together to help out. Lots of volunteers needed. in the Earth District in Rharne had a fire. Everyone escaped, thankfully, but the building was badly damaged, and they lost many things because of it. I'm going to offer my services, but I was wondering, in exchange for helping you with your issue, if you could make some things for the school to help out? Off the top of my head, I was thinking of leather cases for art supplies or leather pouches. But I don't want to stifle your creativity, so whatever comes to mind! I will happily facilitate the delivery of your items when they are finished."

Teq produced a small bell out of his pocket and handed it to the man. "Just ring the bell, and I'll know you have completed your task."

Off Topic
Hello! Here is your Teq event posting. You're free to pursue the event in a separate thread as a solo or a collab, whichever you prefer. Once you've completed the thread for dealing with the problem identified in your sign-up, please post again here with the solution to the problem Teq posed to you. Please include a date that is convenient for your pc. Thanks!
word count: 491
Dandelion
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 230
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Craft of Dreams: Dandelion (1/1)

Dan turned around to find a strange man standing there, chatting cheerfully away in Sign, and offering a deal of help for help. Dan heard him out patiently, took the bell he was given and stuffed it in a pocket. Dealing with the request would have to wait until later.

He nodded politely. "Yes," he agreed, waving a hand at the foundations of the barn and stables. "We could do with some help getting the rest of the buildings up. We're working as hard as we can at it, but there are only so many breaks in the trial and one set of hands can only tackle one task at once."

28 Saun 722

Dan had thought about what art students in a school might need, and decided on things to carry other things with. Book straps, the sort that you fastened tightly around a pile of books (or sketchbooks, or frames, or paintings) so that you could carry a pile while still having a hand free for things like opening doors. And small cases for things like pencils and paintbrushes that could otherwise easily be lost.

He had crafted them from leather and rawhide. Now, he stacked the new pencil or paintbrush cases in a tidy pile out of the way, rolled the book straps into neat, compact coils, and set the straps next to the cases. That should, he thought, help quite a few of the students affected by the loss of the school. He flicked the little bell he had been given until it rang, set it beside the pile of book straps and pencil cases, and went to check on the ponies before the trial's main work got under way.

He would never be so rude as to expect an instant response, the strange man was clearly busy, going hither and thither to all kinds of places. However, dealing with the ponies was something he needed to do anyway, he had time to do it now, and it wouldn't take him so far as to be out of eyeshot or earshot if the man did turn up suddenly, the way that he had last time.

Repeat, repeat, repeat the filler here
Off Topic
Thanks for doing this.

Dandelion has crafted his solution to the problem Teq set him here

Relevent description of Rosebay's layout, from this thread, for your convenience.
Layout
The first thing that Dan had done was to set up a wide ring of noise traps - they were harmless but,as their name suggested, they made a lot of noise and would warn him of anyone or anything approaching Rosebay. Inside that, he planned for a ring of pit traps, then space for food plants and grazing, then a ditch and a wall around the buildings. He had marked out an outline for a Hall, and a barn, and a stables, as well as leaving space for houses
"Signed words" Spoken words
word count: 490
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

The bell sounded, and as Dandelion predicted, nothing happened immediately. The man had prepared for that, having work to do nearby. He continued with his trial, waiting to see if the mysterious Teq would appear.

Soon enough, a glint of metal appeared in the nearby wood, drawing Dandelion’s attention. A floating disc emerged, carrying the man he had spoken to before, cheerfully waving as he flew closer.

“Hello, again,” he signed, smiling brightly at the settlement leader. “Hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long? I got the signal, but I was in the middle of a thing with a skullgull and jeckler – you had to be there but trust me, tricky business! But here I am now, and I confess I can’t wait to see what you came up with!”

Teq allowed Dandelion to show him the book straps and pencil cases, smiling widely at the sight of such fine work. “Excellent! Just excellent! These will be very useful for the school. Book straps – brilliant! Thank you so much for contributing to the effort. What you’ve done will be very appreciated.”

Summoning his mysterious silver disk with a wave of the hand, Teq loaded the items onto it, securing them in a compartment, and turned to Dandelion again. “And now, my end of the bargain. Tis only fair.”

Walking in the general direction of the settlement, Teq continued, making a sweeping gesture with his hand. “You’ve done wonderful work here, but it seems to me that there’s only one solution to build things faster – more hands. Also, I’ve found that gratitude is a marvelous thing.” Of course, he was being playful and vague, but the point was coming.

“Within the next few days, a cart with oxen will arrive – it is yours to keep. The cart, however, will be filled with people that want to come and help you build. You helped the school, and those families now wish to return the favor. As I understand it, eight people will come, with a wide array of skills – perfect for helping you put up buildings quickly.”

He explained a few more fine points to the reward but then left it up to Dandelion to inquire about any questions he might have. If there were none, he’d be on his way and leave the settlement to its business, happy in the knowledge that people – many people – were being helped.

Off Topic
OOC: Congrats on accomplishing your task! Here are the guidelines for your reward!
- Eight people will arrive at Rosebay in a cart pulled by oxen. The cart/animals are yours to keep, as requested in the rewards thread.
- The people will stay just as long as they need to complete the task outlined.
- The skills they have will vary, but you can assume they include woodworking and engineering. No more than expert on skill level. My only guidance is that the skills must be appropriate to building structures.
- All the same rules apply to building structures and getting them approved. This doesn't circumvent anything, other than giving you a few more hands.
- You may reply to this post or pm me to review – your choice entirely!
word count: 535
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Dandelion

Overview

I think this was a unique challenge for Dandelion - very fitting for his skills. Your reply was straight-forward and addressed Teq's need in a very Dan-type way.

Enjoy your rewards! Let me know if you have any questions!

-Avalon

XP:15
Renown: Awarded in A Task for a Task

Loot

Congrats on accomplishing your task! Here are the guidelines for your reward!
- Eight people will arrive at Rosebay in a cart pulled by oxen. The cart/animals are yours to keep, as requested in the rewards thread.
- The people will stay just as long as they need to complete the task outlined.
- The skills they have will vary, but you can assume they include woodworking and engineering. No more than expert on skill level. My only guidance is that the skills must be appropriate to building structures.
- All the same rules apply to building structures and getting them approved. This doesn't circumvent anything, other than giving you a few more hands.

Knowledge

N/A

Dandelion - UCP

• XP: 15

Review Stamp:
word count: 177
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Parts Unknown”