[Flora] Fire Grapes Topic is solved

This is the final resting place of approved dev pieces. Items in here have been placed in the appropriate repositories / indexes / forums etc.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Devin
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Flora] Fire Grapes

I've deloped these grapes following Pegasus modnote here.

Fire Grapes
Developed by Devin
Short Description Large and beautiful deep yellow, orange or red grapes that glow and are always slightly warm to the touch.
Found Mostly on Faldrass.
Toxicity/Hazard None
Appearance Fire Grapes are a vinifera type grape variety that can make sweet or dry wines. They are deep yellow, orange or red, and they have a gentle and beautiful glow that is reminiscent of a flame. The effect is more pronounced in darkness, but not strong enough for the grapes to constitute a true light source.
Properties Fire Grapes have a strong and very pleasant aroma of oranges and apricots, with just a hint of vanilla, and they are always slightly warm, as if touched by sunlight. Any products made with them will be warm and glow softly.
Rarity Exclusive to the Smooglenuff Barony until the end of Rebirth Cycle 723. Uncommon in Scalvoris afterwards.
How To Use Fire Grapes can be used in all the same ways that regular grapes can be used, although the fact that they glow and are always slightly warm to the touch needs to be taken into consideration. They can be used to make red or white wine.
Side Effects None
Status Legal
Price Tier 6
Notes Fire Grapes were first discovered in the Smooglenuff Barony in 722.
Fast Facts Skill Levels Required ~ please fill this in using this page for reference.
Fast Facts
Knowing It
-- Scalvoris: Competent
-- Idalos: Expert
Wealth Tier
-- Scalvoris: Tier 6
-- Idalos: -
Sell/Buy It
-- Scalvoris: Tier 6
Rarity
-- Scalvoris: Exclusive to the Smooglenuff Barony until the end of Rebirth Cycle 723. Uncommon in Scalvoris afterwards.
Finding It
-- Scalvoris: Competent
Collecting It
-- Scalvoris: Novice
Using It
-- Expert Cooking to make food.
-- Expert Brewing to make drinks.
Killing It
-- It’s a plant! It doesn’t need to be killed!
Capturing It
-- It’s a plant! It doesn’t need to be captured!
Danger
-- None. It’s a plant!
Tending It
-- Competent. Fire Grapes aren’t that much harder to take care of than normal grapes and only require a moderate amount of care.
Picture: Grape Vine of the Acadie Blanc Blanc, or, Noah's Grape Vine by My.wiki.1957, available under CC BY-SA 4.0.
Last edited by Devin on Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 383

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: [Flora] Fire Grapes

Hey Devin,

For the most part this dev entry looks great. However, the Wealth tier associated with these grapes seems out of sync with their ease of growing (only competent). If you'd prefer to keep them at competent, I'd would prefer to think that they'd become at least uncommon around Scalvoris and be no more than Wealth tier 6, given the ease with which they can be grown. Maybe after the grape becomes more widespread through pollination and birds etc.

Or you could up their difficulty of growing to expert? Let me know.
word count: 96
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thank you for taking a look at my grapes!

I'd rather keep their wealth tier and rarity as is, if I'm allowed to.

There are several reasons for this:

The grapes are the result of a series of threads on my part and a modnote on Pegasus' part. Neither Devin nor the NPCs working in the vineyard where they showed up ever had more than Competent Gardening.

They still grew!

There doesn't seem to be anything that says that rare(r) ressources need to be hard to grow.

And what more, I made it so that you need to be an Expert in a skill in order to actually make something out of the grapes which should mitigate the ease of growing to some extent.

If that doesn't make sense to you, I could add a note that they only grow that easily in volcanic soil, like on Faldrass, but that you'd need Expert Gardening without volcanic soil.

Let me know what you think, please!
word count: 170

Appearance

• Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Devin wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:08 am

The grapes are the result of a series of threads on my part and a modnote on Pegasus' part. Neither Devin nor the NPCs working in the vineyard where they showed up ever had more than Competent Gardening.

They still grew!
Okay, then keep them at Competent Gardening by all means, in order to tend/grow them.

There doesn't seem to be anything that says that rare(r) ressources need to be hard to grow.
If they're not difficult to grow, and they're so valuable, why wouldn't they be more common when they become more widely available (in Rebirth 723 like you mention)? Everyone would be clambering to get their own seeds so they too can grow fire grapes.
And what more, I made it so that you need to be an Expert in a skill in order to actually make something out of the grapes which should mitigate the ease of growing to some extent.
That's fine, but it's referring to the product, which has yet to be devved. I'd be perfectly fine with a product that takes expert to be tier 8+ for example.
If that doesn't make sense to you, I could add a note that they only grow that easily in volcanic soil, like on Faldrass, but that you'd need Expert Gardening without volcanic soil.

Let me know what you think, please!
I still think the rarity and wealth tier should need to be tied to the time-span in order to make sense. It can be exclusive in the Barony now, and noewhere elsewhere now. But later on when it becomes more widely available (say Ashan of 723 when it begins to pollinate and pop up across the islands) the rarity would be affected by its ease of growing, wouldn't it? Especially given that it's only taking competent in order to grow in Faldrass, and expert elsewhere.
word count: 332
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Hey!

I edited the writeup and made it so that the grapes are Tier 6.

They will be exclusive to the Smooglenuff Barony until the end of Rebirth Cycle 723 and uncommon in all of Scalvoris afterwards.

(I'm dealing with some IRL matters right now, so I don't know when I'll be able to conclude the Smooglenuff Wine plotline. This will allow me to write a few wine threads in Cylus/early Ashan if need be and everybody else to write wine threads in late Ashan, thus not holding them back too much.)

How does that sound?
word count: 100

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Thanks for making those changes!

Once you complete the wine and grape storyline, feel free to submit the special high tier wine that you make from it! Otherwise this can be used to make wine with the extra properties described here.

Approved.
word count: 42
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Completed Development”