• Solo • Laughing in Ulehi

79th of Vhalar 720

The crystal city of Uleuda is accessed from the minds of the Yludih. A safe haven from the persecution suffered in Idalos, Uleuda provides a place for Yludih to learn about their people from the Ancients, congregate together about the light bringing crystal Yldria, and begin the process of unlocking their 'gates' to eternal life.

Moderator: Staff

Zunylanih
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Pretend Person
Renown: 150
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Laughing in Ulehi

79th of Vhalar 720

In Uleuda, Zunylanih saw how he truly looked. How he appeared in the true world of Uleuda. The False World of Idalos presented a lie, an illusion, but here he could be himself. And who he was, was beyond beautiful in his own estimation. His crystals were of the finest red and pink, growing darker with every arc that passed, as he growed closer to the apotheosis promised by the elders of his kind since he first set foot in Uleuda. Zunylanih's appearance in Uleuda was as fanciful and outlandish as his personality in the False World. While his face conforms to ordinary proportions for a humanoid, he'd grown a backed headdress of crystal behind his head, and strange grooves etched into his facial features. His crystalline body appeared blood red in spots, and pink in others, its color growing ever more saturated with age. Yet he was light and skinny, and not overly tall, even here. For that, however, he didn’t care. He was agile where others were strong.

A few times between his first solitary foray into Uleuda and the current venture, Zunylanih had searched for his new friend. Ekohdene. However, as much as he tried to find her, she eluded him, her silvery blue crystalline figure playing on his memories. Inexplicably infatuated, or else duped by a trick of the inner Thespian, it didn’t matter. Zunylanih only knew he wanted to meet the mysterious Yludih again. So he wandered through the living quarters, grasping the crystal flower she’d crafted for him. Its stem was soft, and seemed to give way like any flower in the False World. How he craved more wisdom from that strange Yludih. He lusted for it, more than he cared about any carnal satisfaction from her jeweled form. More than anything, he wanted to pry open her inner wisdom and scoop out the salty innards. Learn all he could about crafting those fascinating crystals in the forest beyond the light of Yldria.

But search as he tried, he couldn’t find her. So he placed his flower down on his own living quarters within the city. Nobody would disturb it. One’s possessions, once carved from the crystals of this place and imparted with whatever memories gave it form, were sacrosanct to the one they belonged to. And though that flower had been carved by Ekohdene for Zunylanih, it was enough for the others to know that it didn’t belong to them. That it wasn’t theirs.

Zunylanih composed his grief with the Thespian once more, stabilizing his mood so that it didn’t spiral out again as it had so many days ago when he met with the strange Ekohdene. He walked along the corridors, leading out from the living quarters of the rest of his kind, as they arrived into Uleuda in the crystalline form that held their memories, their soul, and their thoughts. Their thoughts which could give soul and purpose to the inanimate crystals that lined the city itself. Zunylanih found his interest in Uleuda increasing of late, particularly those crystals that formed the entire world in which he now strode through.

He walked beyond the living quarters, past the groups of Yludih practicing at their martial forms and other physical arts. He meditated and marveled at the layout of the city of Uleuda surrounding Yldria. The deepest and yet most basic learnings could be had under the light of Yldria. That of languages, speech, and basic free thought. Then, branching out into meditation and more complex mental pursuits. Finally, at the outer ring, the Living Quarters, Yludih learned of physical forms, how to change their form as well as imitate the movements known to mortals within the False World. It was a masterwork of city design by his estimation. Simple, yet profound in its resonance with native Yludih nature.

He made his way past those galleries in the living quarters, until he found himself outside the crystal walls of Uleuda. There, the Crystal Forest sprawled out before him. Now, Zuny had a feeling, and rather knew he wasn’t prepared for the dangers nad pitfalls of the forest. Yet he had a deep yearning and wish to learn the ways of Crystal Shaping, just as his friend Ekohdene. So this curiosity, this lust for knowledge and enlightenment pulled him beyond the towering crystals, which shifted and changed shape almost moment by moment. A machine of chaos and misalignment, yet always seeming to come together into a new and cohesive form.

He watched as the crystalline animals pranced and darted about. Some of them swallowing the others to absorb their crystal mass. Yet they left Zunylanih alone, for the time being. Some of the crystal creatures, such as worms and snakes and feathered insects crawled all about his feet, avoiding his steps, and colliding with each other as they did so with greater abandoned as he went.

He walked alone into the crystal forest, further on. He made it almost to the part where the shifting crystals and splintering gems that made up the place began shifting and disintegrating rapidly. He then realized he’d gone too far. But before he could contemplate the darkness and chaos that stretched before him, he was clutched by the shoulder, and pulled forcefully back from the edge of the abyss.

Getting tossed to the ground like a sack of gemstones, he fell, his red gem body splayed out against the prismatic crystals lining the floor of the forest. He looked up, to see the blue glow of Ekohdene! Happy to see her, he quickly jumped to his feet and smiled.

She did not return his smile, however, ”You’ve gone too far afield, Zunylanih. Too far, this bad spot no experience Yludih.” She shook her head at him, disapproving.

Zunylanih wasn’t phased by her warnings, yet with his curiosity fortified by the Thespian, he couldn’t help but ask, ”Ekohdene? It look dark there?”

She sighed, and responded in Ulehi, ”Dark ones dwell there. You not do there.” She pointed toward the outer darkness beyond the forest. She shook her head as she gestured toward the void beyond.

The language barrier was still very much a problem for they two, but Zunylanih didn’t mind. In his mind, it kept their communications from becoming too complicated and messy. ”Want go.” He insisted, frowning at her. He was tired of soaking in the light of Yldria, and listening to the drone of elders. He wanted to experience something truly wondrous and amazing. The darkness whispered to him from beyond the forest. It promised of things as yet untold or unseen. Wonders beyond counting lay in the chaos beyond, he just knew it.

Ekohdene pushed her hand out, pressing it against his narrow chest to get in his way, ”No.” She shook her head for emphasis. ”It death past crystal wood. Nothing live past.”

Zuny frowned, his curiosity now growing into an unbridled lust to know what lay beyond. He looked over her shoulder, trying to see through the gaps in those crystal pillars rising up behind her. Shifting, falling into each other, and swaying in the breeze like the forests of the False World of Idalos. He wanted to experience that sway and uninterrupted motion for himself. He wanted to dance among the crystalline boughs and towers and canopy of the forest. He didn’t care if this was a place only for crusty old ancients who’d long since left the False World behind. He wanted to experience it, and learn.

He muttered quietly enough that she couldn’t hear, speaking in Vahanic. ”I want to see what is there. I will see what lies there, whether you will it or no…” He promised, a sneaking smirk crossing his face as he began to formulate a plan of action. His eyes scanned the immediate area, looking for anything he could use. A stray object, a distraction, even the environment itself. Surely it couldn’t be very hard to elude her if he only got lost in the boughs and weeds of this place?

Ekohdene narrowed her eyes, seeming to recognize that he was speaking in his native tongue again, not in Ulehi as was proper in Uleuda. ”Ulehi, Zunylanih. Ulehi or no.” She shook her head for emphasis, and folded her arms over her chest.

Zunylanih let the Thespian slip for a moment, and for that split second, a rage welled up within him. He saw a crystal nearby, unattached to the ground or any part of the forest. With a swift lunge for it, he picked it up from the ground and used it to knock aside Ekohdene. Once she was down, surprised by the suddenness of his attack, he jumped over her form and began tripping and stumbling his way into the crystal forest. Laughing all the way in his best Ulehi.

word count: 1493
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Re: Laughing in Ulehi

Review & Rewards

Name: Zuny

Points awarded: 10

Knowledge:
Athletics: x 1
Linguistics: Language of Ulehi: x 3
Meditation: x 2

Renown: 5 (Ekohdene will probably tell someone about the attack!)

Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Notes:
Uleuda! I freely confess I knew nothing about Uleuda and had to do some research. I enjoyed Zuny's descriptions, allowing me to learn about different pieces and aspects. I'm not as knowledgeable about Yludih as I should be, and this solo helped me understand a few more things about that race.

Your descriptive writing is wonderful, as always. I always can see what you are describing with your words in my mind, and I really like that.

Well, that escalated quickly! I enjoyed him thinking about his friend, then the excitement of seeing her! I should have known, having reviewed Sir Zuny a few other times, that this was not going to go like I thought. He really feels like he's always walking that razor thin line between sane and insane, and you write that so very well!

Enjoy your rewards!

Avalon

word count: 181
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Uleuda”