• Solo • The Start of a Search

11th of Vhalar 721

Here is the City in the Trees. Desnind, home of the Immortal Moseke and much more! All IC writings in Desnind go here.
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: 328
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Start of a Search

11th Vhalar, 721

Tei'serin had been up on her feet for several trials now, and while she was still learning how to deal with her wheelchair and crutch, she felt it was time to begin her search. Ever since the dream she had of Moseke telling her that there might be a way for her to be healed completely if she worked to find it, she had been filled with hope of just that. Since she was still learning how to get around, it wasn't a good idea for her to travel far yet. But she didn't have to. The Olọravu Slosneppe here in Desnind practiced a different type of medicine than was offered at the Order branch. It was possible that they might know of something that might help. Even if they couldn't help her themselves, they might be able to point her in the direction of a possible lead. At the very least, a visit to the Olọravu Slosneppe was better than waiting until she was up to traveling to another city to begin the search. Especially when that wasn't an option for her right now. Not when Thorin had her family. And not when Rue probably wouldn't allow her to leave until she had dealt with the trauma that Thorin had caused her.

As she wheeled herself slowly along the path in the direction of the Olọravu Slosneppe, Tei'serin wondered about the type of medicine that was practiced there. She knew that the Olọravu Slosneppe itself was a relatively new building, although it had been there longer than she had been living in Desnind. She also knew that the healers that worked there called themselves shamans and that in the eyes of the people of Desnind, they were the native healers while the members of the Order were newcomers so to speak. And as such, the medicine that Tei'serin knew was considered to be foreign even if more people were starting to trust it now.

That made Tei'serin even more curious about it. What were the differences in the two types of healing? Were there any similarities? Tei'serin would have been interested in learning about it just for the sake of knowing. That she was looking for a cure for herself only made it that much more important to her.

The first problem that Tei'serin faced when she reached the Olọravu Slosneppe was that the building, like most of the buildings in Desnind was up in a tree. There were steps leading up to the building, of course, but Tei'serin knew that she wouldn't be able to negotiate them in her wheelchair. If she went back and got her crutch, it was slightly possible that she would manage...but Tei'serin didn't feel confident enough to attempt something like that just yet. Not until she had some more practice with her crutch. Fortunately, after a bit of searching, she found a ramp that she could use.

word count: 508
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: 328
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: The Start of a Search

Tei'serin carefully wheeled her way up the ramp. Dealing with a hill was a lot harder than wheeling herself around on flat ground, but the ramp was a long, gradual one, so it was possible for Tei'serin to manage it. When she reached the top and went inside, Tei'serin found herself in what she figured was the main foyer. As she looked around, the first thing she saw was a middle aged woman walking towards her briskly. The woman gave Tei'serin a visual going over, and Tei'serin got the feeling that she was looking her over for injuries. She had a competent air about her as she took in the fact that Tei'serin was in a wheelchair, and the bandages that were wrapped around her shoulder.

"Hi, my name is Terilla, and I am a nurse here at the Olọravu Slosneppe. What can we do to help you...?"

"I'm Tei'serin Nji'ryn. I'm not..."

Tei'serin fell silent as she hesitated. She had been about to say that she wasn't injured since it was obvious that Terilla was thinking that she needed medical aid. It would be a lie to say that she wasn't injured, of course, but she wasn't seeking medical aid at the trill.

"Well, no. I am injured, but that's not why I'm here. Well, it sort of is, but..."

Tei'serin flushed as Terilla raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'm a healer who works for the Order of Adunih Outpost here in Desnind, and I was hoping to learn about the different ways of healing that are used here. I strongly believe that the more you know about different medical techniques, the better you are able to help your patient. In addition to that, I am hoping that the healers who work here may know of a way to heal my injuries. The healers at the Order Outpost have done what they can for me, but they cannot guarantee that I will recover completely. It is my hope that a different type of healing than what they offer at the Outpost might help me to recover further."

There was something of a triumphant look in Terilla's eyes, but she covered it so quickly that Tei'serin couldn't be certain that she hadn't imagined it.

"Ah. I understand what you are looking for now. I cannot promise that the healers here will be able to help you more than the ones over at the Order Outpost can, but I can tell them that you are here. If one of the healers isn't too busy, they may be able to talk to you. In the mean time, you can wait over there." Terilla said as she gestured to a part of the main foyer.

"It may be a while before someone is free to talk to you. Would you like something to drink while you are waiting?"

"Yes, please. Some water would be wonderful, thank you."

Teirlla went to get Tei'serin a glass of water before vanishing into a different part of the building.

word count: 527
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Desnind”