Letter to Lazuli

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Teddy Venora
Race: Human
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Letter to Lazuli

10 Saun 716

My dear Lamb,

I've been thinking about it, and I am going to say that I agree with you. I am arrogant and proud, egocentric and somewhat patronizing. I am quick to speak, and even quicker to act. But I have been debating writing this letter since I got back to Sabaissant, and still am not sure where I am going to go with it. I've decided instead to just start writing, and perhaps I will fall into a rhythm.

Trepidation has never quite been something I've known. I'm known for being the more rambunctious of the Venora, unabashed and unadulterated in thought and action. And when I came to Warrick, I assure you, dear, I had no intent of changing that. However, there is a quality about you that makes me wish to second-guess myself. I became intensely aware of my wit and dryness, and worried at points that you found me... Unbearable. But as brash and crass as I am, I am just as honest and astute. And to that end, I have to confess something.

The kiss we shared, lying in the grass after our ride... That was my first. And since it has happened, I can think of no other things. The kiss sealed the most perfect trial of my life. Perhaps it was a rocky start, and one forced upon us by circumstance more than anything, but who says that circumstance and fate cannot go hand-in-hand? Alistair may have sent me to apologize for my cousin's shortcomings, but that was the least important part of my visit. In the stead of that, I found that I enjoyed spending my time more with you than I have anyone else in my life. As precocious and forward as I was, you still found me enjoyable. I cannot tell you how excited that makes me.

Alistair says that it is likely going to be dangerous to travel for the foreseeable future, but I would love for you to come to Sabaissant, perhaps to dine with me and see a concert? There are lovely musicians here around this time of the year, and I imagine that their catalogs will swell with the upcoming strife. You know musicians. We're a dastardly bunch who capitalize on the misfortunes of others in order to swell our own pockets. I jest, of course. Please, my dear, write back as soon as you can with a reply, so that I may start planning quite the evening.

In adoration always,
Theodore.

word count: 428
Teddy Venora
Race: Human
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Letter to Lazuli

1 Vhalar 716

Loveliest Lazuli,

I hope this letter finds you in splendid health and soaring moods. For myself, I am ecstatic to write you again. I have started this letter perhaps thirty times, and every time, I scribble and scratch and tear the page because there are not words that can truly convey what I am trying to tell you. So I ask that, in the event of boredom or reproach, you immediately burn this letter to avoid misery. However, if you find yourself smiling at my handwriting, thinking about the scent of me on the page, imagining my smile as I tell you these things, feel free to write me back.

Since my last letter, very little has happened. In fact, so little that I grew weary of sitting around Sabaissant. So I ventured out into Venora, and admired the beauty. And do you know what I observed? Dullness. Gray. Clouded skies and people who look as if they have been defeated. At first, I considered the events transpiring with the Rebel King and his "Queen", attributing their downtrodden natures to the calamity in Andaris. But then, I thought about it more, and they look the same as they always have. Nay, they look more elated, for the fighting did not spread to them. But to me, they lacked vibrance, they looked static.

In truth, nothing could compare to the surreal color and realism of my dreams. I pondered, and that is what I decided. In my dreams, your lips are so soft and perfect. The color of your hair is so vibrant and deep that it is not possible that it is not real. In fact, even reality cannot craft the details as exquisitely as I see them when I close my eyes. It's not that the people of Venora are uglier... It's that they are uglier than you. And I, as a Venora, am shocked to say that to anyone. I am so encapsulated by your beauty of face and heart that I am subconsciously dimming those around me, because they cannot compare to your radiance.

And I cannot go another trial without seeing you. It will tear me to pieces. You should ask Lionel. He says I've been positively unresponsive, and that it is "highly uncharacteristic of you, my lord." It is because it has been too many trials since you and I have spoken, since we have looked into each other's eyes. So I am, once again, inviting you to my home. Whatever trial may please you, but I must insist that you attend. Should I wait much longer, my heart will leap from my chest and begin its own sojourn to be close to you, against the will of the body from which it has escaped.

My dearest Lamb, I yearn for a reply to this letter, perhaps with news that will appease my heart and make my spirits soar. I ask that you write back in haste, that I may begin my preparations. Only the best for you, sweetest Lazuli. I am eagerly awaiting your message.

In adoration always,
Theodore.

word count: 522
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”