• Open • [Saoire's Dream] Fear of the Heavens

1st of Ashan 721

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 780
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Saoire's Dream] Fear of the Heavens

Theme Music
1st of Ashan 721

On the first of Ashan, Ashan’s Dawn, his patron’s own holiday in Scalvoris, Kisaik rode on the back of his noble steed, Ibiti Hau, a housecat of proud and long lineage, going back to the founding of Desnind. It rode with purpose toward the middle of the shining lights of Saoire’s Dream. There, it was rumored, the doors had been opened. And if they hadn’t, well Kisaik had a gift for Saoire, on this Dawn of Ashan, and he was going to give it to her, by gum.

An apple blossom grew from his hair, his beard, and he wore no helmet today. Only his shiny cobalt armor, built for a tunawa sized combatant. The brave knight rode directly into the crowds of Cadouri who might’ve gathered to see something they’d not seen before. A walking, talking, little tree man.

Kisaik rode up to the very walls of the gates of Saoire’s Dream, and declared loudly, using his mirror necklace so that all could understand him. Even his own cat seemed to perk his ears at the sound of its noble master’s voice.

”Hear me, fair people of the dream! I have come to hold court with your lady! Lady Saoire, if though wilt let me into the Dream, I have a precious apple blossom to gift to you!” So saying, he plucked the blossom from his hair, ”Ouch!” And held it aloft for all to see. It was a bit tiny but pretty.

He only hoped that Saoire would like it.

” Please allow me through your gates! This Knight travels in peace!” His cat yowled its agreement, as he slid from its back, and onto the ground, stepping forward to hold the flower over his head. The Cadouri all around him, some of whom had gathered to watch, towered over the Tunawa. At which point, he invoked his Growth Domain power, and Grew about four feet on both of his legs, stretching over them all.

”I greet your people! Most wondrous, furry, and soft people!” He beamed at all of them, as he crowed his greetings.

word count: 361
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: [Saoire's Dream] Fear of the Heavens

Saoire's Dream
Horatio B Thunderbussell III

The thing about Saoire's Dream was that the school itself seemed to be enormous and sprawling and huge - and that was for folks who were not tunawa-sized. But equally, every accommodation had been made for all the citizens of Idalos, from tunawa to eidisi and, in fairness, there were a lot of small - short - cadouri, too. So, Kisaik found himself in a place which was both vast and prepared for his size - a place where there were many many very tall people - and also where there were other tunawa and other beings of a similar height to him.

He was, basically, in a place where everyone fit in - because everyone was different.

And when he grew, they looked in amazement and smiled. Some of them cheered, almost everyone clapped. There were "ooooh" and "aaaah" sounds and they seemed to take a genuine delight in his display.

Eventually, the crowd dispersed a bit and Kisaik was approached by none other than Horatio Thunderbussell. The cadouri beamed a smile at Kisaik and then bowed. "Good trial! Good trial indeed!" He held out a hand, most ceremoniously, and he introduced himself with the sort of old-fashioned formality which was rare. "I am Horatio B Thunderbussell the Third, and it is my pleasure and delight to make your acquaintance on this beautiful trial," He seemed genuinely happy to see Kisaik. "Ashan's Blessings on you, on this trial of Spring! And welcome, most honoured guest, to Saoire's Dream."

Gesturing around the place it was evident that Horatio could not be more proud had he build the place himself and alone. "You are most welcome here. Please, tell me if you will," he said. "How may we help you, to-trial?"
word count: 297
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kisaik’s legs sprung back to their ordinary size so that he became ten inches tall again when the well-dressed cadouri emerged from the gates. He craned his neck to look up at Horatio with a smile, extending his reach to give him the flower if he wished it. Having expected Saoire to come out, yet not disappointed with the one that did emerge, the tunawa offered Horatio the flower he’d plucked from his hair. This was not a proposition, even though it was Ashan and typically male tunawa who gave a flower to a female were proposing to grow a sprout together. It was meant as part of the celebration of Ashan’s Dawn, a celebration in honor of Kisaik’s favorite Immortal.

"Greetings Horatio B Thunderbussell the Third, I am Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo Kashe Däuä, Tìfmi Härumtä sọ anou Faewun Samuwar, ọbavi sọ tẹlẹ, igbaradi sọ anou tabi ọludïbọ." After catching his breath, Kisaik then said, "But you may call me Sir Chip if you like!"

"I'm so pleased to be here, this place looks absolutely fantastic! And I know this is where the magic acorn wants to be planted..." Kisaik's expression grew thoughtful, but then he remembered the magic acorn hunt in a locket around his neck. He took it up, and showed Horatio, unclasping the locket and showing him the seed inside. "This is the magic acorn! It allows me to travel the world, and I've used it sometimes to that effect... But now I owe it to the magic acorn to find a proper planting spot for it. I was wondering if it might have the honor of being planted in one of Saoire's Dream's courtyards? Perhaps there's a garden? Oh but I'm being too forward..."

Kisaik put the acorn back into the lock and clasped it shut. "I wanted to ask your Lady's permission, if I might, to plant the magic acorn on your grounds, if I may? The Magic Acorn brought me here for a reason, I think, and that is to finally plant the Tree of Magic!" He was practically bursting with enthusiasm at this point. If Horatio didn't let him plant it, he would be quite disappointed. But maybe it wasn't as simple as just putting it in the ground? Kisaik was ready to negotiate on behalf of the acorn.

word count: 412
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Saoire

"Sir Chip it is!" Horatio could not help but be a little relieved that he didn't have to use that name ~ he wasn't sure that he could remember it, much less pronounce it. He listened to Sir Chip as he spoke of the magic acorn, and his small eyes widened as Kisaik showed him the acorn in question. Looking at it, Horatio seemed to know that there was something very special about this acorn. And, so, he ushered Sir Chip with an enthusiastic nod of his head. "Yes, yes, please, come this way! Saoire will see you, I'm sure! Oh, how exciting!" He walked through, leading Sir Chip, into a small open courtyard in the very center of the school. A relatively small space, but one where nature thrived, certainly.

And there, there was a small pool, some chairs, places to stay and sit. Kneeling in the dirt and planting something was the Immortal Saoire. She turned and looked at Horatio as he walked in and then he spoke, in a very formal tone. "This is Sir Chip. He brings to you an offering, mi'lady!" Saoire turned and looked at Kisaik, and she inclined her head, slightly. "Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo Kashe Däuä, Tìfmi Härumtä sọ anou Faewun Samuwar, ọbavi sọ tẹlẹ, igbaradi sọ anou tabi ọludïbọ, it is a pleasure to meet you." She said that softly and with a smile. "I have been hoping to meet you. I have a favour to ask of you." Standing up from where she was working, she dusted off her hands, and then moved to a bench where she could sit and speak with him.

"Now then," Saoire smiled at him. "Now, Horation seems quite excited about this acorn," she said, tilting her head to the side as she looked at Kisaik. "I wonder, would you tell me about it?"

She looked at Kisaik with a calm and thoughtful expression, and she smiled.
word count: 336

Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kisaik smiled at Horatio, who insisted that Kisaik bring the flower to Saoire instead, in not so many words but gesturing excitedly that he should follow him inside, after learning about the magic acorn.

The little mortalborn followed closely after Horatio, puffing out the chest of his cuirass, which was both shiny and possessing an enchanted illusion to make it look more… nature-like, with vines and wooden filigree. Finally, he was brought before Saoire herself, who Kisaik was pleased to see was in the middle of a garden, doing some gardening. It was strange, he thought that only Moseke cared about the earth when it came to Immortals. He knew he would become fast friends with Saoire, fast friends indeed.

Yet, even so, he felt simultaneously honored and at the same time a bit embarrassed as the Immortal went on to recite his many titles and surname. He felt ashamed making the Immortal dedicate so much time to correctly saying his name, which she did so better than even he could’ve done, and so gave her a bright smile. ”You can call me Chip! Or Kisaik if you like! That’s my proper Tunawa name.”

She mentioned something about a favor she wanted from him, and he was all too eager to take it on. A quest! From an Immortal! Will wonders ever cease in Faldrass? Kisaik was eager yet tempered it with his sense of decorum. When she took a seat by the bench, he skipped and hopped up toward the bench, taking a seat beside her.

”Happy Ashan’s Dawn, Lady Saoire!” Kisaik said, extending his arm to give her the apple blossom he’d grown from his own hair. ”I hope this Spring brings many blessings to you and your people.”

Then, she asked him to tell her about the acorn. Well, that was another matter, and one not altogether pleasant in the way It was won. Kisaik choked up to remember the incident. ”Well… Lady Saoire, it’s a long story, but I’m hoping you’ll indulge me the effort to tell it! Because it’s a story that deserves to live on, and be remembered.”

So saying, Kisaik invited with a gesture that Horatio should listen in too, as Kisaik was sure he’d be entertained by it. ”You see, it all began with a strange occurence, when I was living in Yaralon. I was sleeping, and all of a sudden, everything hurt… My head was pounding, and I tried to run away from the pain, but it put me to sleep finally. When I awoke, I found myself in a dark place with two others, Maxine and Thysbae. They told me it was Slag’s Deep. We each of us were given spiritual friends, although I don’t know which ones were belonging to the others, I had a spirit of nature…”

Here, Kisaik gave a heavy sigh, ”Suddenly, we heard an unearthly roar! A Sesserfiend had emerged from somewhere in the depths to chase us through a tunnel. With the Nature spirit’s aid, I told it to defend me and my friends. That was my worst folly, however… The Tree spirit died defending us against the Sesserfiend, but bought enough time for Thysbae to bring the tunnels down upon the creature.”

Kisaik wiped a sappy tear from his eye, remembering the feeling of being severed from the nature spirit. ”All seemed lost, the nature spirit’s death seemed to signal the death of an entire forest somewhere. But then, out of the darkness, a shiny acorn glowed in the rubble. I reached in there, and saw the Sesserfiend’s open eye, gleaming and watching me with rage. I nearly shook out of my bark I’ll tell you! But I reached in there, and grabbed the magic acorn from it’s terrible glare, and then… we were saved by a strange mage, known as Sephira, who could open portals. I hopped onto her shoulder, and she brought me and Thysbae into a strange waiting room.”

”And that’s the story of how I found the Magic Acorn. I later awoke from the strange vision and dream, but it must not have been a dream because I ended up with tangible things to show for it! And met one of my best friends in the entire world, Lady Vega!”

So having recited the story, he breathed a sigh of relief. It was out there now, and Saoire would be able to tell it to her people, so that it would last through innumerable retellings by her cadouri. Kisaik could only hope the story was worthy of repeating.

”Now! About that favor! I will of course do anything should the cause be righteous and worthy of goodness!”

word count: 796
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Saoire

Saoire smiled at him, when he said she could call him Chip or Kisaik. "Names are important to me," she explained. "In many ways, to many people, they are the first gift they are given, at their birth. I will call you Kisaik, with your permission. " She solemnly took the apple blossom and inclined her head. "And happy Ashan's Dawn to you, Kisaik. May dawn's light ever shine in your soul" She nodded when he said that he would tell the story of the acorn and Horatio too moved to sit and listen.

Horatio was obviously entranced, and Saoire listened very attentively. Horatio's whiskers trembled and when Kisaik spoke of hearing an unearthly roar, the little cadouri gasped. Saoire smiled to Horatio, but kept her focus on the story. When he had finished, Saoire looked at him quietly for a moment and then spoke. "Thank you, so much, for the gift that is that story," Saoire said. Her eyes were serious as she looked at him. "I am grateful for two things. For the story itself, for it is a tale of wonder - of people doing the best they can in most difficult circumstances. But I am also grateful for the teller of the story" she said, regarding Kisaik with a keen eye. "Your truth and bravery combine, Sir Chip, and shine from you. Many would have sought to glorify themselves when telling a tale to an Immortal. But you, you understand that truth is most important."

She glanced at Horatio, and as though he heard her thoughts the small cadouri nodded. Then, Saoire spoke most seriously. "And so, I name you Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo Kashe Däuä, Tìfmi Härumtä sọ anou Faewun Samuwar, ọbavi sọ tẹlẹ, igbaradi sọ anou tabi ọludïbọ. Saoire's chieja kẹmïkälï kukïrï".

Looking down at the acorn, she raised an eyebrow. "And so, Ïkïlọ Kukïrï, she asked, thoughtfully. "What would you have me do with this acorn? With your permission I would plant it here and watch it grow." But not, not for a moment, without his permission.

And then, he asked about the favour and Saoire smiled. "Miu ïkïlọ kukïrï, the favour is one which I think you may be perfectly suited to help me with." She gestured out, beyond the school itself. "I am the Immortal of Turtles, and I would see them cared for here," she smiled. "Would you bring them to this island? They will come, because I am here, but a habitat, a place for them to live and play and lay their eggs. Will you consider doing that for me?" And then, once asked, she fell quiet.

word count: 460

Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kisaik was glad she would call him Kisaik, although he had to admit that he was thrilled an Immortal was aware of all his many titles and could recite them at will. Horatio was a very good listener, as was Saoire, and Kisaik found in them a very engaging audience for his story. He was pleased to share it with such friends as them, who would listen and take it in and most important of all, remember.

Kisaik was a bit drained emotionally at the end, but perked up when Saoire granted him yet another title! "Saoire's Brave Storyteller". Kisaik was very proud of it and would cherish the name for all his days. She thought he was a truth-teller, but then it never occurred to Kisaik to lie or embellish the facts. The entire point of speaking was to give information, and giving false information seemed akin to a gift given with ill intent. That seemed almost an aberration.

She came to the subject of the acorn, and here Kisaik grew somewhat solemn. While it was very useful, he knew he couldn't keep it in seed form forever. It wasn't right, and he would honor the sacrifice of the Tree Guardian by planting its child. Whatever that child became, Kisaik would help raise it with Saoire's permission, if he could, and help tend the garden with her and her people. "Well, I was hoping that you would allow it to be planted in your garden, for you and your people to enjoy, to sit beneath the tree that grows and tell stories to each other. Speak to the tree, and grow it. I can help, I'm a decent gardener myself!"

As for a name for the tree to be, Kisaik thought he had a good idea. "I would name the tree, Naficula-Àdánù. Magic Gift." Kisaik cast his head down in respect to the Immortal, "If you'd allow me the honor of naming it, that is."

Supposing a tree was what sprung from the magic acorn. Kisaik rather hoped it would, but that was part of the fun of gardening strange new seeds. Sometimes you never knew what would come out!

Then, wonder of wonders, she gave him a task! A Quest! He was almost jumping out of his bark to say yes, but he stood still and listened. He didn't want to undertake a task that he wasn't suited to, of course. And he had to be sure he was able to accomplish it. But then, if Saoire had faith in his abilities, then so did he! She wanted him to bring turtles to her school... Any turtles? All turtles? Kisaik had many questions, but first, he wanted to reward her faith with acceptance, "Yes, Lady Saoire! I will do this task, although I may need help in wrangling the turtles. I will use my talents toward that end, nevertheless! I will make sure they reach this place safely!"

word count: 501
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Saoire

Saoire smiled at Kisaik. He might notice that -unlike many mortals, even - there was no sense from her of looking down at him because of his size. She looked at him with respect in her eyes. When he spoke of what he would want to do with the acorn, Saoire's face lit with pleasure. "You do me a very great honour and I am truly grateful for this wonderful gift" she spoke softly, but with very obvious emotion in her voice. It was, to her, a wonderful gift. She listened to his name and she nodded. "I think that is a wonderful name. We will know it as "Naficula-Àdánù" - and it will be a celebration of you and your people. "

When Kisaik agreed to help her with bringing turtles to Faldrass, Saoire smiled, delightedly. "Thank you, Sir Kisaik, I would suggest you wait to begin until next Cycle. Then, use this" Saoire handed him a small, tunawa-sized whistle. "It will take you to Ol'Tucks Run, where the turtles are. One long blow to get there, and one long blow to get back to where you came from" she said, with a smile. "And when you play it, the turtles there will know you. I'm sure that will help - they're wonderful creatures. "

She glanced at Horatio, then. "Please, make sure that books on animal care, specifically turtles and so on are delivered to Sir Kisaik".

Horatio nodded, saluted, and bowed all at once. "It will be my pleasure, my Lady!" Saoire smiled in delight at the small cadouri, and then turned her attention again to their guest. "Miu ïkïlọ kukïrï, I will plant this acorn when the time is right to do so." She glanced out of the window, as though she could see something out there. Later, he might consider that she knew there was a freeze coming which would harm the acorn. "And you will know. You may return here at any time, a short blast of that whistle will do it" she smiled. "Is there anything else I can do for you to-trial, my brave friend? You have brought such gifts, you have truly brightened my day." And then, she waited to hear his answer.

ooc: Sorry for the delay! One more post from you and I'll review!
word count: 392

Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"It's my honor to bring such a gift, Lady Saoire!" Kisaik smiled brightly at her. "I am anxious to have the tree grow here, I wonder what it will look like, and how it will turn out..." Kisaik didn't imagine it would be anything short of magnificent, given the heroics of its parent. But even if it was a smaller more humble tree, it had the right to grow as it willed.

Kisaik took the gift of the whistle, which was just the right size that he could fit it into his domain bag. He would of course make great use of the study materials of turtles, and learn all about the turtles that lived in Scalvoris. He nodded gratefully to Horatio. He was very much looking forward to learning about Scalvoris turtles, he'd heard that there were some really fantastic and interesting varieties from his times travelling in Scalvoris before he'd returned to Desnind.

"Thank you for the gift of a quest! I can't wait to embark upon it, but I will do as you say and wait until next cycle. The Summer months may see the turtles of Tuck's Run more active, I suppose!" He would wait for her leave to exit, and not a moment before would he leave her side. He really liked it here, on Faldrass and in Saoire's Dream in particular. He could see himself spending a lot of time there, among the Cadouri and other people.

"Also, if there's anything else I can do to be of service, don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help!" That said, if she excused herself and him, he would leave to return back to Hopetoun, where he'd have some business to attend.

word count: 297
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Your Review
Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo Kashe Däuä, Tìfmi Härumtä sọ anou Faewun Samuwar, ọbavi sọ tẹlẹ, igbaradi sọ anou tabi ọludïbọ. Saoire's chieja kẹmïkälï kukïrï

Overview

Well - frankly - the last thing he needed was another name, but there we are! I loved this thread, I really did. Kisaik is played so well, he enjoys every moment of life and is so very generous! Saoire was delighted with her gift and I was delighted to write this thread with you. Kisaik is a beautifully written, three dimensional PC who just pulls you in to the story with him. Great writing and, of course, enjoy your rewards!

XP: 15
Renown: 15

Loot

Ashan is pleased with you for the devotion you have given him on this, his trial, and especially in sight of another Immortal. Kisaik progresses in his mark:
Verdant Protection

The Loshova is protected by the new life they bring. All that is verdant and green bends to give them safe haven. During the spring seasons, a Loshova will suffer no discomfort sleeping in a forest. In every other season, plants rise to protect the blessed. Roots curl around the feet of attackers, acorns drop from above, clouds of pollen and seeds blow to obscure an attacker’s gaze. Even the trees themselves will bend and creak to put themselves between the marked and their enemies. While the plants are by no means quick, this power can prove incredibly difficult to overcome when summoned in a forest.
Spring's Eternal Renewal
All the death of winter is banished by Spring. When the season calls forth shoots and life from every burrow and hill, it is difficult to deny the rejuvenating power of Spring. A Favored of Ashan given this blessing will always heal twice as fast as any other member of their race during the Spring and Summer seasons but half as fast during Fall and Winter. This renewal can be granted to anyone the Loshova touches and persists for as long as they are in contact with the mortal, ending when contact is broken. Many Loshova use this to stabilize those at the brink of death and to treat illnesses and grievous injuries.
Saoire sends her Ïkïlọ Kukïrï a gift, a few trials later.
Saoire's Gift
A Tier 10 Skill Kit for Animal Husbandry and a set of books on turtles.
The Magic Tree
Saoire plants the acorn and it grows quickly. The Naficula-Àdánù becomes the focus for how people travel to and from Saoire's School. In gratitude for this gift, Saoire sends Kisaik a tiny clasp, suitable for a belt-buckle or to hold other clothing together, with a delicate desigh on it of a tree. It has the ability from her mark on it. "Sometimes, merely stopping an offensive strike is not enough render it harmless. In such cases, all that can be done is to make sure it doesn't harm anyone besides the one who attacked. Catch and Return creates a temporary Gateway that takes in any attacked and rebounds it towards the attacker. This is most effective against ranged or supernatural attacks, but it does bounce back physical melee attacks as well." It may be used twice a season. Further, the Naficula-Àdánù is always open to Kisaik, should he wish to travel anywhere.
Following your PSF ticket here this is the culmination of an amazing amount of story for Kis. He is APPROVED for his MB expansion. Feel free to use this story / quest to discover it - or some other one. Congratulations on the culmination of a lot of work!

Knowledge

Etiquette x 3
Gardening x 3
Leadership x 3
Mount x 2
Socialisation x 3
Storytelling x 5

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this review - drop me a PM.
word count: 654

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”