Hello There

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Hello There

Found you guys on rpgfix and am excited to get started. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the different customization options tbh but I'll get there.

I was thinking of making a half avriel hybrid who focuses on combat. Nothing fancy and I don't think magic is a good fit for me due to the drawbacks. I like some of the immortal marks so I will likely pursue one of those if they're not too dangerous.

I'm a little taken aback by the death mechanics. I'm a dragonballz roleplayer so when we die on those sites we just come back to life after a while (easy mode I know). I saw in the TOU that death is common which is pretty scary to the likes of me!

anywho I'll give the site a shot
word count: 141
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: Hello There

Hello there, Goku and welcome to Standing Trials!

It's always a pleasure to welcome new folks - and yes, there are a lot of things to read etc. But, just take it slowly and don't be afraid / worried about asking questions.

Of course, you're right in that one thing that you will really want to read very carefully is the Terms of Use. Let me reassure you there regarding what you've put.
Goku wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:20 pm I'm a little taken aback by the death mechanics. I'm a dragonballz roleplayer so when we die on those sites we just come back to life after a while (easy mode I know). I saw in the TOU that death is common which is pretty scary to the likes of me!
Death is (as it says in the ToU) a common aspect of this game. But please note what it says, specifically:
The Terms of Use wrote:"NPCs are usually the ones to keel over but players face the same risks as well. You are not immortal and, yes, your character ages. When exploring the world of Idalos, be sure to know when to fight and when not to fight. Battles are conducted completely through roleplaying without the use of dice"
To put your mind at ease there, we have (at this point)just over 890 PCs who have been approved. In the history of the site, there have been 3 permanent PC deaths which have been the result of / consequence of a modded thread. Sometimes players choose to kill their pc - that's a different thing. Often that's done because we have succession packages to reward players who have lost / given up their pc. There have also been about 6 or 7 ish "died and brought back" PCs - and some of the players who have chosen to kill their PC have done so because they wanted to play a ghost!

Anyhow, a very warm welcome to you - I hope you have a great time here. I look forward to seeing your stories on the boards. Enjoy!

Pegs.
word count: 355
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”