• Graded • After Life

Ari'sora, Alyssia, and Greyhide please.

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: After Life

Alyssia listened carefully as Sovar seemed to have no more knowledge than Ari’sora did about the originals. Or that was at least what the teen believed they called the creatures. Were they human like or did they look like some kinds of animal? All kinds of questions swirled as she fought the urge to spout them all out at one time. She had to remember there was more than just her talking to Sovar. A bright smile appeared on the girl’s face when the wolf complimented their questions. The teen had never felt comfortable enough to ask questions the way she had started around them.

She turned to look at Sovar and giggled when his cold nose touched hers. The girl listened closely trying to be serious so he wouldn't thing she was taking light of the conversation. The Aukari was shocked when he made her promise to never enter the fractures herself. No one else in her life so far would have cared except for perhaps Nir. But even then those two did not know each other super well either. It made perfect since for her never to enter in her own mind though she was curious what the inside looked like.

“Yes, Sovar. I promise I won't enter a fracture,” Alyssia said with full confidence.

Her eyes went wide when the wolf said they could look inside if they wished. She never dreamed it would truly be possible to see how everyone was going. The girl agreed after Sovar explained how a domain bag worked. It was infinitely deep? It shocked her honestly her mind had a heard find visualizing how someone retrieved anything out of it. The teen moved closer and sat nearly touching Sovar when they all began to watch. Suddenly there was Faldrass in all his glory or rather anger.

****Five****

Out of instinct the girl hugged Sovar at the roar even though nothing happened in the Forrest. They truly were safe from all happening on the island. Gulping the teen realized she could not understand him when he spoke causing her to look at Sovar. Could the wolf possibly translate for them? There was only one way to find out. Nir was there and the girl couldn't see him get hurt. He had helped protect her on several occasions in the past.

“Um Sovar? Can you understand what Faldruss is saying?” Alyssia inquired.

****Four****

If the wolf said no it would not upset her since they had to just guess what was happening. Sovar seemed to know more about the island than Alyssia had expected when he asked about some rocks. How could he tell the difference in what kind of rocks they were? All of them looked the exact same to Alyssia. Thankfully Ari’sora was just as confused by the rocks.

****Three****

Everything was happening so fast and Sovar was getting excited? No no that wasn't the right word. Worried? No it seemed to be a mix of both worry and excitement. She turned back and was shocked to see lightening in the equation. It didn't seem to be hurting the ones holding the rocks. How though? It was lightning they should be electrocuted right.

****Two****

Chains? But there were none. Looking over it dawned on the girl that he could see things they couldn't. It was the only explanation really. That was nothing new for the teen, many older people swore to see things that were not there. It was comforting to know that Sovar was there to keep them safe after everything that happened in the manor.

****One****

Everything seemed to go so slow and yet so fast at the same time. Sovar kept trying to reassure them that he wouldn't leave. Yet he seemed to be on edge wanting to go help. Then he finally said quietly nearly low enough for Alyssia to miss it.

****Zero****

The teen wanted to be selfish and say he couldn't go, but she couldn't do that. Not with people she knew in danger. It came as a shock when Ari said he couldn't go. Though the teen knew nothing of her back ground so it was not her place to judge.

“Sovar, if you can help them please do it. I do not wish you hurt, yet I don't want my friends hurt either.” The teen was leaving it fully to Sovar’s discretion and choice.
word count: 746
Rei'sari
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 451
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

120th Ashan, 720

****************************Before****************************

She had disappointed him. That much was clear from Sovar's reaction. Did that mean that she had said the wrong thing when she begged him not to go because of the danger he would be in? Was it wrong for her to want her friend to be safe? Only...he wasn't really her friend anymore, was he? Sovar wouldn't like her anymore...not after she was stupid enough to disappoint him like that.

Ari'sora paid close attention to what Sovar told her about dragons being both very real, and very large. She was both fascinated by the idea that dragons were real and wary of the idea of being anywhere near one. Faldrass's words "Gone, not dead" confirmed what Sovar had told her. It also begged the questions of where the dragons had gone, what it was like in their new home, and if they were ever going to come back. But with Sovar disappointed in her, she didn't dare ask.

Sovar also explained what the different stones were, and what they were doing. Ari'sora paid close attention to what he said, and she thanked him quietly for the explanation.

Much of what Faldrass said made little sense to her, but Ari'sora understood the desire to be free.

****************************Zero*****************************

The things that Sovar told her her just confirmed the fact that he was disappointed in her in her mind. And any chance of him liking her were now gone. That hurt. It hurt a lot. But he asked her to think about the questions he had asked her. Not wanting to disappoint Sovar again, she did.

If Sovar's goal had been to make her feel guilty about being safe while others were not, he was successful. While she was deeply grateful to be alive and safe, she was reminded that she had failed to help anyone...and that was why she had responded to the Baron's call for help in the first place. The people in that cavern were doing something to help...were in fact trying to save the entire island. And she...was not. Useless. Worthless. Those were some of the kindest things that her mother had said about her before she had died. And considering the way things had turned out, Ari'sora knew that her mother had been right.

Looking at it from that perspective, her asking Sovar not to go...not to help the people who were actually doing something...was criminal. She had no right to ask that at all. One could even say that she was a bad person for wanting to keep him from helping the people who actually mattered. The fact that she had been frightened for him, and had wanted him not to go so he wouldn't be in danger seemed wrong now. Especially after Sovar had explained that helping people was what he did.

When Sovar spoke of Ari'sora's "dream," she couldn't help but feel that he was trying to make light of it. As if Shadow didn't matter. Or perhaps he had simply misunderstood.

"It wasn't a dream." she told him quietly.

"It happened in Emea, but it still happened. It was real. When I woke up, I was twenty arcs older than I was when I was before it happened. It was only after I managed to repair my dreamscape that I found myself to be my right age again. I don't know what magic happened to bring Shadow back after she died...but it did happen."

She paused, and looked at Sovar directly.

"I agree that you are a lot stronger than she is, though."

Was she trying to protect him? Well...yes. Even now, when she realized that that way of thinking was wrong, she still didn't want Sovar to get hurt. Part of her wondered if she should volunteer to go instead so he would be safe. But she didn't think she would be of any use in that cavern. Even if Sovar told her exactly what to do, she was certain that she would find a way to mess things up and make them worse. Besides...Ari'sora was getting the idea that Sovar wanted to go, so offering to go in his stead so he would be safe likely would just disappoint him even more. So she didn't.

Was she trying to protect herself? She didn't think so. Ari'sora was safe here, and she knew that. And yet...there was something. If she told Sovar that he should go, and something did happen to him...it would be her fault that he got hurt, or killed because she had told him to go. It was something she had learned from being Renzar's slave. Take responsibility for your failures. If she was given a task to do, and she failed to do it, then it was her fault. It didn't matter if she failed to do it because she didn't know how to do it, or she wasn't strong enough. That didn't matter at all. It didn't matter why she failed to do something; all that mattered was that she did fail. And she was rightfully punished when she failed.

This was an extension of that. If she told someone to do something...or did something that would affect others as it would have if she had been the one to decide to use the snow globe she had given the Baron...she would be responsible for what happened to the person or people who were affected by her words or actions. She didn't think that she could bear it if someone she thought of as a friend was hurt because of something she said or did...even if he didn't like her anymore, and had good reason for not liking her. So in that sense, perhaps she was trying to protect herself.

And that was wrong. Absolutely, completely, one hundred percent wrong. She had no right to try to protect herself. That was for people that were worth something. And she...was not. Not really. Not as she was, at least, and Ari'sora had a hard time imagining herself ever becoming a person who was worth something.

It was okay for her to learn how to defend herself so that people who cared about her...like Shadow...wouldn't feel that they had to protect her. That was how Shadow had been killed. And if Ari'sora had anything to say about it, it would never happen again. But protecting herself to spare herself pain was wrong. And that was what she was doing here.

It was worthy of punishment, and Ari'sora knew that. She would have to think of a suitable punishment for her crime when all of this was over. Sovar nuzzled her, distracting her from her thoughts. Ari'sora gave him a grateful look. She knew that he didn't like her anymore, and rightfully so. But he was still polite enough to treat her the same way he treated his other guest.

The other girl proved herself to be a far better person than Ari'sora was by telling Sovar that he should go. So she nodded in agreement.

"I don't want you to get hurt...but I know that it's wrong for me to think like that. I think you should go, too." she said softly as she moved away from Sovar a bit.

It was wrong of her to take advantage of his willingness to be polite to her despite not liking her anymore. Not when she had been the reason that he stopped liking her. Besides...he was a big wolf, and needed the extra room so that he could move freely. She knew that telling him to go was the right thing to do. She just hoped that he wouldn't get hurt while helping the people that mattered.

word count: 1347
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

After Life....
Sovar nuzzled Alyssia gently and then turned to look at Ari'sora as she moved away from him. Alyssia saw, as Ari'sora did that, his expression looked pained, then his ears drooped slightly and he let out a sigh. Then, he shook his head as though he was getting rid of water, and he stood up. He purposely changed his expression, hiding the hurt look in his eyes before Ari'sora could see it. Alyssia saw that all happen, but Sovar hid it from Ari'sora well.

However, the pair of them agreed, now, that he should go and so he looked between the two of them. "Right. So, here's the thing you two. I'm going to go, and try and help, because those people there, they're our pack. But you two are my pack, now, and so I need you to look after each other." He gazed between them. "No matter what happens down there, no matter what happens to me, you two know that you're one of us now. Karem looks after her own, and you've been initiated into my belly-rubbing besties, alright?"

That said, he very solemnly licked both noses. "Be safe," he said. If he was fearful, then he didn't show it outwardly to them. In fact, with what could only be called a wolfish grin, he added. "And don't eat all the meat while I'm gone. You'll get belly aches."

With a sigh, he looked at what was happening. "I'm going to be his, you know." He muttered slightly and then he let out a howl of pure joy.

"Catch you later, girlie-gators," he said and, with that, he had disappeared.

So, the pair of them remained in the Spectral Forest. They continued to see what was happening and they might notice that the food which Sovar had brought them seemed to simply replenish. No one else came to speak to them, but they saw what was going on. A gentle breeze blew, keeping them cool and the two of them were there until, eventually, an opening in reality appeared and Sovar would take them back to Scalvoris. Not to Faldrass, for there would be fallout there. But, instead, he'd take them back to Beacon. It was, he said, somewhere safe.
 ! Message from: Rules
One post maximum here. I would very strongly recommend that you read the "Fighting" thread, as that is what you are seeing.
After you've posted, I'll review this thread.
word count: 426
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Rei'sari
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 451
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

120th Ashan, 720

Sovar spoke of pack. Ari'sora paid close attention to what he said, but the words made little sense to her, at least as far as she was concerned. The people in the cavern were pack, so Sovar wanted to help them. Given the fact that there were animals down there with the people...animals that Sovar presumably knew, and considered pack, it made perfect sense that he wanted to help them. And she probably should have guessed that he knew the people in the cavern and didn't want them to get hurt any more than she wanted him to get hurt. That realization made her feel even guiltier for wanting him to stay where it was safe earlier. Had Shadow been down there, there would be nothing that could keep her from wanting to go and help if she had any chance to do so.

Ari'sora could even see why Sovar would include the other girl who was with them as pack. Unlike her, the other girl had done nothing to disappoint Sovar, and cause him to stop liking her. But his words seemed to suggest that she was part of the pack too, and that was what she couldn't understand. Pack was...family. Friends. People you cared about, and who cared about you in return. A place to belong. A place where you were wanted. By its very definition, Ari'sora was not pack...not after she had disappointed Sovar the way she had. And yet, Sovar's words seemed to include her in that. Perhaps he was still being polite. That must be it; it was the only thing she could come up with that made any sense.

Sovar asked them to look after each other. Ari'sora quickly promised that she would look after the other girl while he was gone. It was an easy promise to make. There was nothing to threaten them here; Ari'sora had believed Sovar completely when he had told them that they were safe, so there would be no real reason for them to need to "look after each other." Even if a threat were to present itself, Ari'sora would do her absolute best to protect the other girl. Sovar liked her, and Ari'sora would feel horrible if she hurt Sovar by letting something hurt someone he cared about. Ari'sora didn't expect the other girl to "look after her" in return because there was no reason for her to do so. They didn't know each other, and since Sovar didn't like her anymore, there was no reason to look after her so that Sovar wouldn't be hurt if she got hurt.

When Sovar called them his belly rubbing besties, it confused Ari'sora even more. Besties was a term that she knew the definition of because it was one Mi'zuri had used in reference to her closest friends....her best friends. Since she had disappointed Sovar, and caused him to not like her anymore, it certainly wasn't a term that could be applied to her. Ari'sora supposed that he might still be trying to be polite, but calling someone their "bestie" out of politeness seemed like an awfully big stretch to her.

But then she focused on the first part of what he had said, and it started to make more sense to her. Sovar liked belly rubs. Shadow had told her many times in the past that getting a belly rub felt wonderful, so it wasn't surprising to know that Sovar liked them too. And since Sovar didn't have hands, it wasn't like he could give himself belly rubs whenever he wanted them. Ari'sora didn't know how many people who lived in the Spectral Forest had hands, but it certainly seemed possible that there weren't many aside from Karem. And the Immortal was probably far too busy to give her wolves belly rubs whenever they wanted them. So it made sense that Sovar would be willing to tolerate anyone who was willing to give him one whenever he wanted one regardless of whether he liked them or not. Especially when Shadow had told her many times that she gave really good belly rubs. You didn't have to like someone who was doing something for you. She knew that very well, having lived with Ren'zar as his slave for so many arcs.

Calling her his belly rubbing bestie still felt like an awfully big stretch, but there was some sense in it. It made her feel good to hear Sovar call her that even though she knew that he didn't like her. Doing something that made her feel good in exchange for her doing something that made him feel good was a relationship that she could understand very well. An even exchange like that didn't require both people involved to like each other, after all.

Sovar licked her nose, and she startled a little. It felt like a gesture of affection, and she knew that she didn't deserve it. Even so, it felt good, and she smiled at Sovar gratefully. When he told them to be safe, she nodded. He told them not to eat all of the meat while he was gone. Ari'sora promised that she wouldn't. She felt guilty enough and upset with herself for losing Sovar's friendship enough that her stomach was in knots. She didn't think that she could eat anything without being sick, never mind finishing all of the meat.

Then he was gone, and Ari'sora turned back to watching what was happening in the cavern. Ari'sora understood little of what was happening. But it seemed to involve water that appeared out of nowhere...and didn't evaporate instantly in the heat of the cavern. It didn't even start boiling. That was surprising given that they were in a volcano, and it had to be extremely hot in there; hotter than even the hottest trial in Saun. But in the end, Faldrass was free. Faldrass said something about the Heart of Scalvoris, and the need to rebuild it. Then he asked if the people in the cavern would join him. And that was the moment that Sovar arrived.

Several of the people in the cavern agreed to join Faldrass and help him rebuild the Heart of Scalvoris. She wondered what it meant to rebuild the Heart of Scalvoris, and what it would take to do it. She also wondered what would happen if anyone refused to help him. Would Faldrass get angry again, and destroy the island? Or was being free again enough to prevent him from getting that angry again?

When the air shimmered, and an opening appeared nearby, Ari'sora stared at it curiously. It wasn't long before Sovar appeared through it. Ari'sora smiled, and greeted him with quiet words.

"Welcome back. I'm glad that you didn't get hurt. And I'm sorry that I didn't do the right thing the first time you asked. I will try to be a better person in the future."

She would offer him a belly rub if he wanted her to give him one since she knew that he liked them. But since she knew that he didn't like her anymore, she resisted the urge to hug him. When he brought them to Beacon, Ari'sora said goodbye, and thanked him for helping them again. She would watch him until he left once more. Once he did, she would go see if there was anything she could do to help the people of Beacon with any effects they might have suffered when everything had gone so badly in Faldrass. She had been useless to help anyone when the Baron had asked for help, and her behavior in asking Sovar to stay where it was safe was criminal, so she wanted to find some way to be useful now.

It wouldn't make up for her previous actions...or lack of action, but if she could find some way of being useful to someone now, it might be a step in the right direction towards becoming a better person. Helping the people of Beacon would also be a good distraction to keep her from worrying about Ryl'ryn, and Ten'ryu; it would be trials before she was able to find out what had happened to them...or even if they had survived. Mi'zuri wouldn't be expecting her home for several trials yet, and Ari'sora knew that her sister wouldn't care if she was alive or dead except for the ways that it would affect her own life. Shadow and the kittens would worry about her, but like Mi'zuri, they wouldn't be expecting to hear anything for several trials. So Ari'sora would see what she could do to help here in Beacon before making her way home.

word count: 1510
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Alyssia smiled gently when the wolf nuzzled her gently. He was very loving for a predator even if it was by order. He could have easily turned on them and dealt with the repercussions. The sad look on Sovar’s face made the girl want to hug him, but that was not the right time for hugs. They would have to come after he returned safely to them. It was a relief when the wolf licked her nose seeming to be happy and yet serious all at the same time.

“Her own?” Alyssia asked quietly and looked up at Ari’sora as the concept was foreign to her.

“Just be safe please,” Alyssia stated while looking at the wolf.

Though a part of her was sure he would be fine, there was still a nervousness about her that was hard to shake. The teen watched as the wolf left the pair alone. There was an emptiness that he left behind. Taking a deep breath, the girl walked over and nibbled more on the lamb while watching what was going on in the caves. It looked like everything was working out after all, though Sovar ended up late to the party. Sighing in relief the girl was glad that no one appeared to be hurt after everything that had happened.

It was sad that so many had died in the manor when it sunk. But there was nothing to be done now; they had failed to help the baron. The city of Scalvoris had been saved at least. The girl looked over to the woman that had been left with her. She wanted to help the woman cheer up since she looked sad when Sovar left. Unsure of what to do the teen stayed silent making sure to take her time while eating.

“Sovar!” Alyssia squealed while smiling at the wolf when he returned.

Moving quickly the girl would hug him if he would allow her to. The sound of going home made her feel a strange sadness. There was no one for her to return to, but she knew there was no way for her to stay with Sovar forever. He belonged to the spectral forrest and Karem, while she belonged to Idalos. The girl walked through the portal with Ari’sora and Sovar. Looking around the girl recognized some of the buildings around her. Though she could not remember the name of the village the girl was aware it was not the city of Scalvoris. As Ari’sora left to do what would come next to her the teen turned and ventured off to find some place to rest. There was nothing left for her there.
word count: 447
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

After Life....

All PCs

XP: 15
Renown: 10

Alyssia

Knowledge:
Animal Husbandry x 3
Cooking x 3
Detection x 2
Discipline x2
Endurance x 2
Storytelling x 2

I enjoyed this thread very much - it was really interesting to be able to NPC Sovar in this way and to have this place of calm and safety while all the chaos was going on in the world. Alyssia is a very polite, very curious young woman and I found her perspectives interesting throughout. I hope you enjoy your rewards and apologise for the delay in this review!

Ari'sora

Knowledge:
Animal Husbandry x3
Cooking x 3
Detection x 2
Discipline x2
Endurance x 2
Etiquette x 2
Storytelling x2

This was a fun thread! I'm always intrigued by Ari'sora's mindset - she's very consistent in the way you play her. Poor Sovar and his hurt feelings - but poor Ali'sora and her inability to get over hers (as this is after Crack in the Wall) - I'm sorry to add to the "can not overcome emotional stuff" with another emotional thing. But, I hope you enjoyed the thread (even if it was traumatic for your poor PC) and enjoy your rewards! Again, apologies for the delay in this review

Nir'wei

Knowledge:
Caregiving x 3
Leadership x 3

When the two girls are safely deposited in Beacon - as Nir'wei stands and looks at the devastation on Faldrass and just when he feels his most overwhelmed, he becomes aware of a woman standing next to him. When he glances, he recognises Karem. "Well," she says, in her usual tone. "You did good. It may not look like it, but you saved a lot of lives. Good work." With a fond ruffle of Greyhide's head, which Nir'wei feels, she smiled. "Still got a lot to do, lad. Best get on." And, as she pats him on the shoulder, she nods. He feels the energy course through him.

Congratulations! For all the insane number of things you did in service of Karem during this whole event - you have been given a mark level up to Exalted. You get the first three abilities - your Character Wiki is now up to date - please amend your CS. You may take this review as approval of your additional wolves. Sovar will join you as part of the pack if Nir'wei will have him.

You now have:
"The exalted is granted a third omega wolf, a second beta wolf, and finally, an alpha wolf. The alpha is the leader of the pack when the blessed is incapable of taking command, and is the largest and most fearsome of the wolves, standing the size of a horse and being stronger, faster, and possessing keener senses. Lesser wolf familiars and whole packs of real wolves will answer the call of this alpha wolf, for only Karem and her personal familiar are greater than these exalted familiars in the world of wolves."

Please put this information (including your wolves) into your CS. Thanks - and well done!
word count: 511
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”